Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1920212223Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen was perched on a branch of the highest tree in Rivendell. She was watching the sky and took great delight in what she saw. There, high above, soared the nearly grown dragon, Amethysia. Her purple scales glistened and her copper wings sparkled in the sun.

She learned her flight lessons well. Amethysia streaked across the sky and suddenly flew straight up to the clouds. Lindarielwen could no longer see the flash of purple but in an instant, Amethysia raced back towards the treetops. The young dragon was flying so fast that Lindarielwen was afraid she would not be able to avoid crashing into the trees.

Just as fast as she soared, Amethysia gently flapped her wings and came to a stop right before her Dragonmommy. Lindarielwen reached out her hand and touched her dear dragon's face. "I am so proud of you, Amethysia. You have grown and have learned and will be the finest dragon in all of Middle-earth."

Amethysia puffed a bit of smoke. Lindarielwen laughed. "So you want your fire breathing lessons, do you? I am sure Lord Elrond has something for you to set afire in the clearing. Let us go." Amethysia dipped her wing and Lindarielwen climbed upon the young dragon's back. The Elf maid held tightly to her dragon as the two sped away.

[Edited on 07/09/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, I think Alex is correct. We could always ask tarc to walk into the water to check it out. Right?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[For Fencer's benefit: Blaze is my dragon, Mareth Jr. is Cenor's dragon, and Lorien is Maxie's. I believe that's all the dragons from the current company...or am I missing any?]

I don't think Tarc would like that idea, Maxie. *picks up supplies and slings them back on Blaze's back* So, where shall we camp?

[Edited on 07/09/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
*laughs to Fencer’s words* Keep your civilization for someone else, Elf. *turns to Cenor, looks to the hand* As I told your friend before, I don’t need it. *goes away ignoring the hand and turns to Mareth* And are you thinking I would go on a dragon? I have already told you how dragons can be... *stops before she's burn to death*
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Why you - *grabs for sword, but is stopped by Mareth* This isn't finished. One does not lightly dismiss the civility of an Elf!
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Maxie grabs me in the midst of grabbing sword* Watch your words Dwarf!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Sighs and rolls eyes* Ella. I wasn't just talking to the Elves. If you are going to be in this company, you have to at least pretend to be civil. *adds nonchalantly* Otherwise we'll just have to shut you up in Moria again...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I can see how this night is going to go. *sighs* Let's find a campsite.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Sighs and walks with Maxie* I hate this water it seems to know something that we don't.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Now don't make me adjudicate. You wouldn't like me when I adjudicate. We are in the ancient realm of Eriador. Elves and Dwarves were friends at that time. OK so it didn't work out so good but that's not the point. We can put old enmities aside, for this night at least.

We need to go south to the Redhorn Pass so let's get going before it gets dark. I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired and hungry. And you're right Cenor, there seems to be a brooding watchful presence in this lake. Maybe I shouldn't have skipped that stone across it.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
*Glares at Ella* I tried to put aside old enmities, but that thing*points at Ella* turned down my offer. I would give it a second chance, but it has to apologize first!
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Keeps mouth shut but hand brushes sword hilt* Come on Fencer we can settle this another time. Let us get away from this water.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks ahead* Come on. I'm looking forward to some sparring with the elves.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, well, it is VERY dark in here. Anybody have anything that we can ignite? A hat or something? Blaze? Want to make a torch?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, crabapples. *walks quickly to catch up with Alex* What'll we do with those three? If we don't watch them, they might do something highly...irrational.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Fine! As you wish! I'm not easily offended by any Elf. I'll try to be polite but I refuse to apologize. *walks mumbling about how hard it is to travell with elves*
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Oh really? You were offended by my offer of civility! *wanders off, grumbling about the stubborness of Dwarves.
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Save us! *Takes Fencer and drags her to the front. We'll this looks like a nice spot to camp.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I'll have you know that a dwarf and an elf has agreed to travel together, with four Hobbits and two men. Racial equality!

Yes, this place will do. I'll get some firewood. *walks off*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wait I thought there were only five of us. *Mumbles* I don't know about that dwarf and elf agreement. *Pulls out pack* I'll cook tonight.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
And I will go hunt.
ImageImage
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Calls back* Not us. A party is setting out to the east. *glances at Ella* *thinks* lets see if she would like an elvish meal *chuckles*
tarcolan
Send Message
[Right! I'm pulling moderator rank now. I'm not going to offer a synopsis every other post after this, so pay attention. Mareth had already set up camp but had to pack up again 'cos everyone ignored her. Maxie, it's not dark in here 'cos we're not in anywhere. And the fellowship that Alex was referring to is the one shortly to set out from Rivendell. Y'know, the Fellowship of the Ring? Please have the courtesy to read other people's posts and keep track of what's happening. As far as that is possible anyway, which isn't very far. It's about as far as I can throw my computer. *stops tearing hair out*]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
[I'm sorry I thought we were moving away from the water. And I had a stupid moment there sorry.]

*Pulls out flour and makes a sort of cake* *Alexanda returns with wood* *lights fire* *starts cooking cakes* *waits on fencer to return.*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[Thank you, Tarc.]

By the way, I thought Elves were vegetarians. What are you hunting for, Fencer? Not that I mind, of course. Being a Ranger, I'm rather fond of meat myself. I'm sure Ella'd agree.]

*Takes packs off Blaze's back* *sets them in a pile* *grabs camping equipment and begins setting up tents*

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
{I do read the posts, sometimes some are vague and I forget and I get distracted...gah. Thank You, tarc. ]

*helps Mareth with tents* Do you think these will hold?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Why wouldn't they? *finishes up with the tents* Thanks for the help, Maxie. *sniffs* When's dinner?
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Did Tolkien ever actually say that, or was that yet another invention courtesy of PJ and co?

*returns bearing a few coneys and a quantity of herbs*
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Fencer I saw some edible leafy plants over there could you grab some please? Thank you. *Fencer runs off* *guts coneys then slices what little meat there is and throws into a pot with herbs making a stew of some sort* *Fencer returns bearing a armload of the leafy greens* *tears the plants up and throws some herbs in with it creating a salad* * Stew and cakes are done* Dinner everybody! *Sets out salad, cakes, and the stew.*
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
*Starts eating* What's our plan?
tarcolan
Send Message
[There is no evidence that Elves are veggies. See some topic or other in the book forum. Tolkien doesn't describe much of the domestic arrangements of peoples in Middle Earth - except Hobbits.]

So I'll just sit over here and chew some acorns then.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
[Oh, right. My mistake.]

*Eats* Mm, this is very good, Cenor!
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you are quite a cook. Thank you for the meal.
ImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
May I have seconds, please? It looks as if we did well by stealing drafting in Cenor to our little party.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you *glares at Dwarf who is frowning at the food* Where are you from Fencer?
<< First1920212223Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email