Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Cameo appearances in the films
on: March 21, 2007 10:32
In RoTK, the scene when Pippin lights the Beacon, there are two guards. One of them stands up (long hair - no helmet), that's Christian Rivers - not Rick Porras as was said in page 1.

Thanks Ilandir, I was going to mention that. I'm so glad Christian got a good cameo, if somewhat brief. He's a real hero in my eyes. He has been working with PJ since he was at school. It is he who story-boards every shot of Peter's movies before a single frame is filmed. His eye for perspective is phenomenal. You want a view from under a horse Christian can draw one in a trice. He's also very good to look at!
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 10:57
He (PJ) is the captian of one of the Corsiar ships as Elrond is explaining the threat from the sea to Aragorn. He has whip in hand and is looking very evil.

Actually PJ is the bosun. He gets shot at the beginning of the RotK scene where Aragorn siezes the ships. Other than the captain, the rest of the crew are Weta people including Rick Porras, Gino Asavedo and Richard Taylor himself. PJ had to get taken out early so he could get back behind the camera. LOL

OHHH! That's what they mean by "the PJ corsair"! I'm such an idiot! *bangs self on head* Of course the director would have a cameo.
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 04:19
Thanks Ilandir, I was going to mention that. I'm so glad Christian got a good cameo, if somewhat brief. He's a real hero in my eyes. He has been working with PJ since he was at school. It is he who story-boards every shot of Peter's movies before a single frame is filmed. His eye for perspective is phenomenal. You want a view from under a horse Christian can draw one in a trice. He's also very good to look at!

Yep, I totally agree with you. Christian Rivers is one of LoTRs back-bones in my opinion and I'm eagerly waiting for his 'The Dambusters' film!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 06:00
yeah, I love watching that part because I know all the Weta guys and PJ are the corsairs, it makes me laugh. PJ the Pirate! Ohhh, the fear of his name, lol!
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 11:02
Yep, I totally agree with you. Christian Rivers is one of LoTRs back-bones in my opinion and I'm eagerly waiting for his 'The Dambusters' film!

Me too. It's not just people who get cameos in LotR. Am I imagining the "tribute shots" from old movies? The overhead shot of the dam breaking on Isengard I'd swear is restaged from the original Dambusters ... ahem ... being old enough to have seen it! :blush:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email