Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Mage's Quest (KEEP)
on: March 15, 2003 04:34
Greetings and Salutations. This my first attempt at a thread. I am trying to make my own world, and I want to try to use this thread as way to get ideas as the story progresses. I have named it Chaonia, for the Chaos from whence it came. I have an idea of how its going to work but I have a long way to go. On the very basic level it is a standard D and D world, with elves, dwarves, men, halflings,ogres, goblins and trolls. The elves have three divisions, the Rai-ith Nomar (Fury of the Blinding Sand) of the far west, the standard high elves of forest, and Angelic elves (with blue hair and wings) that have migrated from the moon. The humans are the standard the fallen form of a once mighty race.

*this is the start of the tale.*

The city was in flames. People screaming in the streets. The enemy was winning, and they were getting closer and closer to the palace. Kayle's father turned to him.
"Get out now, son. Escape through the tunnels. Your mother and sister will follow. I will distract them as long as I can."
Kayle grabbed his father, begging him to escape with them.
"No my son. These are my people. I will die as one of them, go!"
He shoved Kayle toward the tunnel.Kayle entered and waited for his family to follow him. Just as his mother drew near the Enemy burst through the door. His father tried to stop them, but was quickly slain. Watching from the safety of the tunnel, Kayle saw the soldiers kill his mother and then savagely his teenage sister.When they finished playing with her they cut her throat. When they were all , they gazed around the room, looking for more prey. Horrified and grief-stricken, Kayle fled down the tunnel, chocking on his own screams.

With a start, Kayle awok. He was drenched in sweat and his heart was racing. He stared at the campfire that was now reduced to embers. The Dream again. Often that dream would trouble his sleep. It had been seven years since that night when the soldiers of Ramanth had stormed the palace, but yet i haunted him. Wrapping his cloak closer around him he sat and tried to banish it from his mind.

[Edited on 4/6/03 by DreadPirateRoberts]

[Edited on 4/19/03 by DreadPirateRoberts]

[Edited on 8/2/03 by DreadPirateRoberts]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Mage's Quest (KEEP)
on: March 15, 2003 05:18
Livarie sat in a tree, watching Kayle below. She was a high elf and wondered why this man carried such sorrow. Her silver hair blew in front of her face and she leapt down from the tree. Sitting beside him, she lit the fire again.
Livarie watched the flames as she explained her sorrowful tale.

My mother, my father, and my brother were killed in the flames that enveloped our home thanks to their bickering. I understand your pain, my friend. And I am sorry about your family

She halted, looking over at him.

Is there anything I can do to help you?

Her fair face held a worried expression and she put her hand lightly on his shoulder.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 05:26
Tess wandered the halls restless from troubling dreams. More seemed to be coming every night to her now and some seemed to come trur. She sighed leaning against a tree sliding down it's trunk to think, her head on her knees. She looked up at the sound of voices and she began to head over.

(sorry din't know where we were at first.)

[Edited on 16/3/2003 by Sillende]
Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 05:29
I have found some two-leggers, Thryn said into Kylinen's mind. Ky cursed; he'd startled her. The curse made her side burn. Eyes wider than usual, Ky almost didn't breath as she waited for the pain to subside.
Where? She asked Thryn, the query little more than a whisper. She didn't have the energy for this. Thryn didn't answer, but Raelin snorted and changed direction. Gratefully, Ky held onto his mane as he walked carefully through the trees. Her head sank down with almost each step, before she blinked and sat up straight again.
You mustn't fall alseep, she told herself. Stay awake. Her body didn't want to listen; despite her efforts, and Raelin's efforts to keep her on his back, she slipped and fell, already unconcsious as she hit the ground.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 05:29
Kayle was startled to see the beautiful elf maiden drop from the tree. He had not seen many elves in his wanderings, and none this lovely. How had she known his thoughts? He greeted her nervously, not sure of what to say.:blush:
"Um, thank you Lady. Please have a seat," he said, still in a slight state of shock.
"I appreciate your concern, but think nothing of it. I have beared this burden for many years. Sometimes, like when I'm alone, it all comes back to. But enough of myself. Who are you and what brings you to my fire?" he said with a weak smile.

P.S. For more insight into Kayle, check out his rpg bio.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 05:41
I am Livarie. I wander these woods, tending to the several rivers and the... fires

*Her eyes fell to the ground and she shook a bit.*

And... I can read thoughts that are well open to me. You must guard secrets if you do not want them revealed. And... thank you for the compliment:love:

She searched his eyes, but unfortunately, he had grown wise to her telepathy and protected his mind from being probed.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 05:46
Tess wandered through the trees and came upon two people. Only one seemed to speak aloud and the other she did not know how the elf spoke but she figured it was mentally. Her blue eyes looked at the man he was quite good looking but she turned her blue eyes away as he looked at her. She then looked back up her blush gone,"I am Tess. I have merely been wandering and spotted your fire, All right if I join you?" He nodded as she sat down.
Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 08:06
Thryn nudged Kylinen. She didn't move, and he whined. He could still smell that troll's blood on her, and hers was even more distinct. Raelin snuffled at her hair. Thryn turned and followed his nose to the two-leggers he'd smelled before. Another had joined them. One, he could smell, was of Kylinen's race, and he knew she wouldn't hurt him when he appeared through the trees. He hoped she would help his elven friend.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 03:44
"Are you alright ,uh, Livarie,?" Kayle asked, concerned over his new friend.
"Is there anthing I can do to help? I'm not good at much, but I do know some herbal lore."
He was startled by the approach of another beautiful woman. Tess, huh?
"Greetings Tess. Of Course you may join us. I am called Kayle and her name as you heard is Livarie. We'ed appriciate if you had any food to spare."
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 04:33
Livarie smiled a bit and turned to Tess

Welcome, friend.

She then turned back to Kayle.

Nay. There is naught any can do for me. I am now only but a breath of my heritage, and soon the breath will be my last. But while I am still here, what is it YOU are doing out here for?

She tried her best to sound sure of herself, but she wasn't the best at talking to guys either:love:
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 09:28
Kayle sighed.
"This place is as good as the next. Every since my family died I have wandered over the land. I have learned and gained many things in my travels, not the least of which is my staff, but not a home. I don't know what I'm looking for. I don't know if I'll ever know."
He shook head and looked at his companions.
"But enough about me. Breakfast is getting cold and we shouldn't keep it waiting."

P.S. World Update. The elves are a Matriarchal socitey. Be creative people, no idea too wild.(at least almost. LOL)

[Edited on 16/3/2003 by DreadPirateRoberts]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 09:58
As the three travelers ate, Durin watched intently. Silently, Durin walked towards the camp. With each step he wove a new magical barrier. First to missles, then to weapons, and finally to magic. "Ho, friends. Intend you good or ill?" he asked.

"Welcome, friend. I am Kayle and I know not whether my actions will bring good or ill, though I hope I intend good." the man said.

I am Livarie. I welcome you to our company.

Quickly, Durin censored his thoughts, and wove a barrier to mental probing and the like. Fool man! How could you forget to sheild the temple of your power, the very dwelling place of your might, your mind! He managed to keep a blank face.

"And I'm Tess." the last said.

Silence.

"It is proper to reply with one's title when others finish introducing themselves." Kayle said.

"Very well, then. I am Durin of the Desert Hells. I shall accompay you, should wish it, but be warned, if you intend ill to any good creature, you shall find the wrath of a sorcerer is not easily appeased."
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 10:19
Seems as if you two know eachother. And, Durin, why would a part of this living earth like I, harm any of it? I find it quite offensive that you mistrust me.:cry:

Livarie is a gentle woodland soul, and wouldn't dream of harming any of the earth, whether it be tree, stone, water, or soil. She is as much part of the earth as an inhabitant. She turned back to Kayle.

Everyone has a place in the world, they only must find it.

(((Oh... Durin. Do you really make great apple pie? LOL!!)))

[Edited on 16/3/2003 by Lady~Culin]
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 01:09
Tess nodded tp the new comer giving her name. She began to eat her breakfast, now with all the talking it was beginning to get cold but it was still warm enough. She was kinda shy being around those that new some type of special power and she none. She sat and listened to their conversation as they spoke.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 03:12
"Yes, Livarie, Durin and I have known each other a long time. He used to visit my father's palace when I was young. Though his manner may be gruff, he was one of the few who took me in during my wanderings. He taught me much of my herblore and many things of the arcane arts. Without him I would not have survived. So pay no attention if he is rude and brash to you. He means well."
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 03:35
Humans and their strange customs... be rude when you mean well?

Livarie shrugged and stood up, calling her horse in from the woods. It was a dappled grey unicorn. She immediately mounted and patted its side and it whinnied.

I'm sorry. She isn't used to strangers. Its just me and her in those woods alone.

She nodded her head towards the dark eaves.

When are we leaving, for it looks as if we have the adequate number of people

She winked at Kayle. She was eager to set off, for she had never been outside of those woods in her life.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 05:14
Kayle laughed heartily, his first good laugh in a long time.
"You are right, fair Livarie, we humans do have strange customs. Before we leave, I must inquire of Durin brought him to this part of Chaonia. Last I heard you were traveling in the realm of the Rai-ith Nomar. What news do you bring of the Desert Elves?"
Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2003 07:35
Thryn appeared through the trees, startling all the two-leggers in the clearing. He trotted to the elf upon her horse, tugged what he could reach of her shoe, then walked to the edge of the clearing and looked inquiringly back at her.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 04:53
Tess watched as the wolf came into the clearing and went up to Livarie tugged her shoe and went back to the edge of the clearing looking at her. Tess wondered at this, she looked at Livarie questioningly. Livarie shrugged.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 12:43
But a moment, friends. I will be back.

Livarie dismounted and followed the wolf, humming softly and looking back at the group. What was this strange feeling she got about those strangers? Especially Kayle. She dropped the rose in her hands when she saw an elf fallen off her horse. She knelt before her and looked at her wounds.

Ai. this looks bad. But, I am but an elf. I cannot carry her back to camp. I must call for help.

A small sparrow landed on her shoulder.

Go get one of the men for me, sweet sparrow
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 12:54
Kayle was intent on studying Durin, when a small sparrow landed on his shoulder. From the bird came a stong image of beautiful Livarie to his mind. Turning to where she had headed, he saw the wounded elf laying among the trees. Fear for a person he had never met welled within him.
"Come Durin, she needs our help!," Kayle said as he rushed down the path toward the wounded elf.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 01:06
Livarie was rummaging through her pack and pulled out three tiny bottles. She did not exactly know which one was for a concussion. She opened the green one and poured it in the elf's mouth. It coughed and sputtered just as Kayle and Durin arrived.

She is sorely hurt. Forgive me, for I do not carry much medicine, for I have only needed to heal myself.

Her face suddenly turned pink as Kayle looked at her.

*to self* Now is not the time for this. Concentrate on the girl. Concentrate.

Her hands shook as she rummaged through her pack one last time looking for the right bottle. She finally found it, but to her shock, she couldn't get the cork off in her jitteryness.:blush:
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 01:45
Tess followed after the men as the went to Livarie. "I always seem to be left behind." She thought as she hurried after them. She arrived to find Livarie tring to open a bottle of herbs. Tess knelt beside her taking the bottle gently. She opend it for her and gave it back. Livarie nodded in gratitude and continued with her healing.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 01:47
Kayle and Durin arrived as Livarie attempted to revive the fallen elf. Intent on the patient, Kayle missed the look Livarie gave him.
"Have you discovered what's wrong with her? Is there anything we can do," anxiety coloring his tone.
Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 03:07
Ky heard voices, pulling her back into conciousness.
"Have you discovered what's wrong with her? It there anything we can do?"
She has a wound to her side, She blinked slowly, then gasped as she felt her side burn. Thryn licked her face in anxiety, feeling her pain, however dimly, through the bond they had. Ky struggled to keep awake, but Thryn's methodical licks lulled to her back into darkness.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 03:35
Livarie finally pulled the cork off and poured it on the wound. She was working steadily on the deep gash, but wondered how she came through alive. It was bleeding incessantly and the girl didn't look like she would have the strength to make it.

So your name is Kylinen? Your wolf does not know I could hear his voice

Livarie spoke into her mind to keep her occupied over the pain of the wound.

Kylinen, you must stay with us. It will be awhile till your wound heals or the pain fades, so just stay there. Hold on, fellow elf. You'll be allright.

Livarie was struggling with her own thoughts being mixed into her speech.

Oh no. Her eyes are dimming. You'll be fine. Ky, stay there. Open your eyes. You will fade!

For the first time in ages, Livarie opened her mouth and spoke.

"Ky, please. Open your eyes."

Her voice was thin and pained for it being silenced so often.

Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:18
Ky didn't have the strength to wimper, but the voice in her mind made splinters of pain shoot through her head. She was drifting between conciousness and eternal sleep.
"Ky, please. open your eyes." For a moment, Ky thought it was Relirinen. Then she remembered; her beloved sister had been murdered. Maybe if she slept she could join her.
EarthSpeaker? Thryn asked fearfully.
"Ky! Open your eyes!" The anxiety and disuse of the voice piqued Ky's curiosity. She didn't know anyone who rarely used their voice. She hardly knew anyone at all. How this person know her name?
Ky? Thryn whimpered. Thryn must have told whoever it was, Ky surmised. Well, it wasn't often she met someone who could talk to animals as she did. Ky began to waken fully, but still some part of her yearned to return to her sister.
What would Rel think of you? Thryn accused. Anger flared. Ky opened her eyes, rage burning in them, and drew a breath to instinctively tell him off aloud. Instead, she groaned.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:29
Livarie's voice finally softened and it was more like singing to the ones that stood about her.
"Ky, thats it. Stay awake."
Livarie grinned, seeing her treatment was working. She helped the girl sit up and held her up so she could breathe freer for awhile.
"Your slashes I have seen on the sides of trees, which bent over in the pain of the troll's lashing. A strong one indeed you must be to survive this." Livarie said gleefully, yet full of anxiousness.
"Is the troll that did this to you slain, or still wandering freely?"
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:40
"Hmm." Durin wasn't the best with healing magic, but the probe spell told him that the gash was the only injury, and it wasn't even infected. "It's been a while since i had to heal someone. Just a moment." He began muttering incoherent words in a language long dead. He extended his hands, palms out, toward the injured elf woman. His hands began to glow green. Green vapor enveloped the wound. Slowly, the skin closed and healed with bearly a scar. Durin ceased the spell. He forgot how tired healing magic made one. "I think i shall sit for a moment." his attempt at sitting gracefully failed when his knees gave way. "Is she alright, now?"
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:41
Kayle watched in anxious dread as Livarie tried to revieve the wounded elf. For a moment it looked like they were too late. He closed his his eyes and mouthed a silent prayer to the Gods. Farriah, I implore you, heal this woman. Her time has yet to come. Take life from me if you must, but please save her. Hee was jolted out of his prayer as the groaned,the breath of life returning to her.
Thank you, Kayle breathed in relief.

P.S. in case you haven't guessed, Farriah is the Goddess of healing.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 01:53
Livarie looked up, ears pricked, and gave a grin to Kayle. So he risked his own life for Ky. How adorable.
Livarie stood back up, her clothes now covered in the elf's blood. She didn't particularly mind, it was just that she looked like she had murdered someone. That was unfitting to her personality and she dispised the slaughter of others.
She sighed and pulled her cloak over her clothes, fastening the brooch and wiping the silver hair out of her eyes.

Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 02:05
"Does she live?" Half asleep and mostly drained of power, he sat, attempting not to let anyone notice that fact that he was about to fall asleep. Thankfully keeping his voice and appearence melancholy, he said, "Did I heal her correctly? No dog legs protruding from unwanted locations?" the memory at his last attempt at a major healing spell had him add that last question. He forced himself to his feet.

"Praise Farriah!" Kayle said.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 02:20
Livarie looked over at Durin and saw him swooning, and leapt up, letting him lean on her shoulder.
>Now this would be a sight to laugh at. Here is Livarie, the fragile slender Elfmaiden, attemping to support the weight of a Full-grown man. Lol.
Livarie somehow felt more strength than she knew she had and was actually helping. She innardly smiled with pride. Durin was lighter than she had thought.
"Kayle... some help here... *gasp* would be nice?"
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 02:28
Relieved at the 's safety, Kayle grinned at Livarie:love:.
"Sure, Liv."
He took Durin's other shoulder and slowly they guilded him back to camp.
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2003 02:50
After a small meal and some mint tea, Durin felt better. He attempted a control fire spell. The campfire shifted into the form of a lion made of fire. Good, I'm back up to strength. He smiled.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email