Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Camannar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Vote now for your Favorite unjustly forgotten Character!
on: January 17, 2004 04:27
I missed Tom Bombadil in the movies, but I was hapy when they used some of his lines in the extended edtion of TTT with the willow who is trying to eat Merry and Pippin at Treebeards 'house'. In my oppinion they did include Old Man Willow in the movies, it just wasn't in Old Forest where it was in the books, watch the extended edtion of TTT and the tree tries to eat Merry and Pippin and then Treebeard comes along and says what TOm Bombadil said to Old Man Willow in the books... so, yeah. That is all

Camannar
Elrohir
7% (1)
Elladan
6% (1)
Glorfindel
44% (8)
Tom Bombadil
25% (5)
Goldberry
2% (5)
Old Man Willow
2% (5)
Other - and who
13% (2)
ladylirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 08:50
*Spoiler?*

Well if you look behind Elrond at the end of ROTK at the coronation you may be able to see a certain blond-haired elf that could possibly be a certain elf-lord of Gondolin.

Still looking for identical elves.
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 09:20
Tom Bombadil....Glorfindel would be my 2nd choice....I hate Arwen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:
Gwathhenator
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 09:57
I was soooo mad when there was no Beregond :angry:
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 10:54
I missed Ghan-buru-Ghan. If it hadn't been for the wild men, the Rohirrim would not have had news of what conditions were ahead of them and may not have made the battle in time.

I was also disappointed that the ride to the Ford was not as the book, I found it far more exciting and it showed Frodo's determination and bravery.

~:heart: Namarie :heart:~
Quoth_The_Raven
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 02:23
I always loved Tom! he kinda reminds me of my uncle! HEHE
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 04:20
Glorfindel!!! I woulda loved to see the twins too, but they never even included the welcoming feast, so i dunno how they woulda fit the twins in. And Glorfindel had a biggish part, not like, long, or nething, but biggish (come on, he saved frodo's life!!!) and arwen... i hate arwen, mostly for that, but i still hate her. *scowls at arwen* Glorfindel!!
even if i do agree that they woulda had a very nearly impossible time finding someone who could act, ride a horse, and look as good as he does!
Pilatus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 02:39
I miss Glorfindel too

Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 03:34
Mine would be Beregond and Gildor.
blixy18
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 04:46
*Spoiler?*

Well if you look behind Elrond at the end of ROTK at the coronation you may be able to see a certain blond-haired elf that could possibly be a certain elf-lord of Gondolin.

Still looking for identical elves.

yes, i think i did read somewhere that one of the elves holding up the banner was Glorfindel. apparently he's on one of the cards.

me, i missed prince imrahil. and i guess tom bombadil a close second, wanted to see him sing
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 02:35
i voted for elladan (and elrohir in spirit). to replce them in RotK with elroond was...bah humbugs!!! and they had legolas gimli and aragorn go to the paths of the dead ALONE!!! where was the army of the Dunadain??? I DEMAND TO SEE THEM!!!!:evil:
gothic_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 07:31
Tom Bombadil *sniffles*
Puppet_Master
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 08:19
Faramir and Denethor , they were out of the movies, those movie Faramir and Denethor are not Faramir and Denethor

Anyway, my vote is for Tom Bombadil, but also would vote for Glorfindel:dizzy:

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by Puppet_Master]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 12:28
hey what about quickbeam?

Yeah, I'd like to have seem too. But he wasn't very important, and that would've just stalled, but still *sighs*.

I would've liked to have seen Prince Imrahil too.
tabbykitty33
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 12:31
Tom Bombadil and Glorfindel! Tom mostly! I mean come on his character would have been so cool to see on screen, they left out alot of cool stuff. Tom was so important in helping them in their journey. Although I would be afraid of how they would portray him... they may ruin the picture that is in my mind.
Lady_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 12:59
Imrahil. He would have been a good addition.

And I miss Forlong the Fat.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 03:13
Again, I would have hated if Tom Bombadil had been included in the movies. Tolkien didn't even *know* for sure who or what he was, which would have made it extremely hard for PJ and the crew to come up with a character people would like. And as much as everyone here seems to be disappointed with him not being in the films, there are many academics who are glad he was not
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 03:54
I would have liked Beregond included; loved his loyalty and love for Faramir. Ghan-buri-Ghan would have been interesting to see, too. Always like his, "chase away bad dark with bright iron" line.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 05:52
I wanted the twins included; Elladan more though! There is something that I love about him...and I am attracted to him...I don't know what it is. :love: I also wanted Glorfindel in there!
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 11:00
I vot
ed for other because I missed Beregond the most. I wanted to see him save Faramir so bad! I don't think it's fair. However ther were several others I also missed Glorfindel, Elladan, and Ellohir.

[Edited on 9/11/2004 by Vingilot~sailor]
TheAdventurousHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 04:44
Glorfindel Glorfindel Glorfindel!!!!!!!!!!

Arwen actually played all of Glorfindel's role, part of Elrond's role (releasing the flood) and part of Gandalf's role (making the flood look like horses). :cry::cry::cry:

[Edited on 18/11/2004 by Mara]
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 09:38
Glorfindel. I really love the elves. ( I want Elladan and Elrohir to) But here's a link to a wallpaper with Goldberry and Tom Bombadil:

http://shipofdreams.net/lotr/jpegss/bombadil1_1024x768.jpg

I hope you'll like it..
Nefhiriel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 06:46
I really missed Elladan, Elrohir and Glorfindel, but what about poor forgotten Gildor Inglorian? He always struck me as having such a woderful sense of humor in the books, and I always feel like cheering when he scares the ringwrath away :disco: I would have liked to see him in the movies... (well, technically he was in the movies, but only in the background of one scene - hey, it's better than nothing!)

- Nefhiriel
ArienMaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 11:44
I know why Tom Bombadil was out of the movie, I totally understand that he could be ONE movie himself, so there was so time to introduce such a character.
And I kinda understand why Arwen took Glorfindel's part, but I still would've loved it of he was in there.
Though I also understand that Arwen needed to be there so her character could take importamce and for people to meet and know who Aragorn was so in love with!:love:

[Edited on 19/11/2004 by ArienMaia]
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 01:53
I would have loved to have seen Prince Imrahril most of all and Aragorn's Ranger buddies as well as the twins and definitely Glorfindel, so I voted other. I think putting Arwen in his place -while she did need to be introduced as a character -was a bad idea. Its completely unrealistic. Can you really see Elrond sending his only daughter, Evenstar of her people out into the wild to find Aragorn and a group of halflings when their are the most dreaded of Saurons servants abroad, somehow I think not, he might have sent his sons but not his daughter, just my opinion anyway
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2004 07:37
I'm telling you right now, Glorfindel never gets any props! I loved him in the books! But in the animated\ human version of Lords of the rings. (I hope somebody knows which one I'm talking about) Legolas got to come and Help Aragorn an the Hobbits. In the LOTR we love so, Arwen got that job!

Cut Glorfindel some slack! He is a cool elf! He helps! I wanted to see him and I didnt! Wasnt that upset bout Tom, because after one of his songs I was annoyed and bored with him. I liked Arwens brothers, I liked Halbared, and also like Elvishmusican said Prince Imrahril would have been cool to see. He's an Elfie Man so that would have been quite cool! Willow man was kinda brought back with Treebeard and that kinda made me a little mad cause I'm like if your not gonna have Tom dont give someone else his roles! But i did like the way that Willow Man was brought in, and that the little poem was still there. So thats my say! Comment as you will!
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 09:58
I know why Tom Bombadil was out of the movie, I totally understand that he could be ONE movie himself, so there was so time to introduce such a character.
And I kinda understand why Arwen took Glorfindel's part, but I still would've loved it of he was in there.
Though I also understand that Arwen needed to be there so her character could take importamce and for people to meet and know who Aragorn was so in love with!:love:

[Edited on 19/11/2004 by ArienMaia]

Why isn't he in the movie? And I've seen this:

http://shipofdreams.net/lotr/jpegss/bombadil1_1024x768.jpg

That are Tom and Goldberry, how can that be?

tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 03:28
That would be Beregond.
Dolen_i_vad_a_nin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 08:25
Im glad to see other Tom Bombadil fans in here!
I love Goldberry to, and I love when her and Frodo are talking...

Frodo: Who is Tom Bombadil?
Goldberry: He is.

Simply amazing!
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 12:50
Im glad to see other Tom Bombadil fans in here!

Of course!

I was upset when they didn't show Ol' Tom Bombadil in the movie. He's very important, to me, and the whole scene with him. Goldberry, I would have liked to see as well. I personally don't like Glorfindel but I would have liked to see him play that part. It's rightfully his part not Arwen's. But, all in all, it worked great.
NamikoIolana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 08:49
*high fives Minka* I totally agree on the Elvish twins. Since I first read the books, they have been my favourite characters, and it was quite disappointing to see them cut out of the film. (Of course, we would all have to admit they'd strike a similarity to the twins in the Matrix, but there's nothing wrong with that, is there? )

I'm also disappointed that Glorfindel got cut from the movies. He was definately a valuable asset to the books and had some wise stuff to say in the Council of Elrond chapter. Erestor, too, though he wasn't quite as clever.

To Nimloth: There was something on the commentary about them possibly filming a cameo on Bombadil, but I think they ran out of time or something like that.
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 09:46
Thanks!
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 06:53
Glorfindel. I so wanted to see him .
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 07:17
Mine would be Beregond and Gildor.

Yay for Gildor! Definitely Gildor IMO. He had one of the coolest quotes of the whole book...
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2004 07:30
Oh yeah...BEREGOND! Now when someone mentioned him, I remembered how much I actually wanted to see him.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email