Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Post Staff Appreciation!!!
on: April 15, 2003 03:29
Veaglarwen - I think that is an excellent idea. This is the "Staff Appreciation Thread". If you have any or all staff you wish to appreciate, please let them know about it here!

For me, I appreciate first and foremost, Rivka, for starting this amazing site!:love: Then it must be the Mods ~ All of them!!! For I am unable to single out any one in particular because at one time or another they have all been very helpful!:love:

So, let’s hear it for the Staff!!! :love::love::love:

[Edited on 7/7/2003 by NenyaGold]
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
Post RE: Staff Appreciation!!!
on: April 15, 2003 04:21
Yes Nenya! I've been wanting to say something for sooo long, and didn't want to have to trudge through pms...so....

Thank you guys for all your work!

You ARE Awesome!
Orosarniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 15, 2003 04:52
Being a Sindarin student, I appreciate the work Gildor and Naneth are doing. I mean, learning Sindarin is difficult enough, but to actually teach it? Both of them are in the Elvish 101 forum everyday answering people's questions, correcting translations and exercises.. man, it's a lot to do. Gildor and Naneth, you two rock!

Nonetheless, I believe every Admin, Mod and Volunteer all deserve praise and appreciation! They are the ones that made this website what it is today. :heart: Thank you!
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2003 07:47
YAY STAFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate your work around here VERY much!!!! :love:
Andaariel
CoE Party Planning Admin & Proud Mommy
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 12:20
Maybe by being a staff member, I'm not technically supposed to post here, but since we're appreciating staff, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank each and every one of my fellow admins/mods/etc. for all of their efforts. The support to each other, the atmosphere we try to create and uphold, and the huge amount of hard work done by all of you amazes me every day. I'm proud and honoured to call you all friends :love:
xoelvenprincess424ox
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 02:28
Since I am studying Sindarin...I would like to thank Gildor and Naneth! I already have many times, so they know I appreciate their help! (I think ).

Thank you also to the rest of the COE for all of the wonderful things you have done for all of us!:heart:
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2003 02:27
I would like to thank Rivka foremost, without her this place wouldn't be here and I wouldn't know anyone from here.

Then I would like to thank all the staff because without them this site would be total chaos.

And personally, I would like to give k a big thanks! She is the greatest and the only staff member that I personally bother. ^^ Heehee, very fantastic person!
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2003 07:45
Three...no....7 cheers for the RPG staff! Who do great work there ta make sure we get ta RPG good! Especially to PBHF and Syriana! *huggles em both and bounces out*
cosmik01
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2003 12:35
Staff appreciation - awesome idea.

If I had been smart enough to copy and paste the whole list of staff under the CoE section before I went to 'Post Reply'.. and if I weren't so lazy to open a new browser window.. there'd be the entire list of staff here!

Everyone does a wonderful job - keep it up guys!
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 01:30
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 12:54
I want to thank all the staff and admins/mods. But in particular Trignifty, because I bug her occasionally, and Rivka for starting all this. But I love 'em all!:love: :heart:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 01:50
oh, I have to join in... I appreciate the entire staff of course (waves at Rivka) but I just wanted to 'officially' thank Elenisil and Aowyn of the Gallery Section... they're doing an awesome job, are always polite and work very quickly... so two thumbs up! :love:
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 05, 2003 08:14
I had to pop in my thanks as well. I am here so much that I thought I should thank all the staff, because I think a lot of us wouldn't know what to do if something happened to this site.. I would particularly like to add my thanks to Naneth and Gildor over in Languages, because I am slowly (very slowly) working through the lessons, and they are just so helpful. In fact everyone at this site is so friendly and obliging - thanks everyone *claps*!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 11:19
I have to jump in, too....

A BIG "LE HANNON" to ALL the staff!! I really appreciate all your hard work!!!

:love::love::love:
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 02:59
wow this thread is like the thank you speaches at an award ceremony! no bad thing though, great idea nenyagold!
Well i want to thank rivka for starting the site obviously, all the staff (and members) who have put up with my annoying questions, posting sometimes stupid replies, starting threads where ones already exist, humouring my pathetic ideas and everything else i have ever done wrong. everyone who ever contributed something to the site should be thanked as well, for making it so good and well basicly, can't i just thank everyone? Keep it up staff you're doing a great job!

:love::love::love:
Abraon
Workaholic Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: July 25, 2003 07:14
I'd like to take the opportunity to recognize Rivka for all her work she has done for CoE. Not only she managed to get all the money saved up for the new server, but she actually moved it quickly and almost painlessly And then she brought the whole site back online when all others lost hope Rivka, you are the best.

I also appreciate all of the admins and mods, as they tiredlessly go through the site daily to make sure everything is working properly and there is nothing inappropriate going on. It is the most amazing job of all.

You guys are THE BEST!!!

*sends many hugs and kisses in the direction of the staff*

- A -

[Edited on 26/7/2003 by Abraon]
Beleg_S
Elf of Beleriand
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 07:50
A HUGE thank you to the following:

Rivka
Parmadur
HobbitFriend
Scothia
Hathaldir
Tanlaithwen
Elenisil
Nerwin Artanis
Trignifty
Ringhilwen
Furry-Footed Nerf Herder
Toon
Gildor-Inglorion
Aowyn
Lollypop
Saurid
BelleBayard
Valaöré
Yano
Happy Hobbit
theVoiceofSauron
k
~Witch Queen of Angmar~
PotbellyHairyfoot
Syriana
Adanaariel
Naneth
Gilraen
SadisticYoda
Veaglarwen
Beleg Strongbow
Reodion
Keterai
Killjoy
NenyaGold
Orosarniel
A!Elbereth
RhovanionWarrior
Figwit
Ainulindale

Thanks for running the site and for all of your hard work that makes this site one of the best Tolkien sites on the Web.

Also, being someone who mainly hangs around in the Elvish 101 Forum, I'd like to say thanks especially to Gildor-Inglorion and Naneth (and Iavas too - not a Mod or Admin, but an Elvish Aide and does a lot of work) for all of the work they put into the Languages section of the site.

And, finally, a huge thanks to Rivka for starting the whole site up, and for the work she did last week in getting the site back up when it was down: THANKS!

[Edited on 29/7/2003 by Beleg_S]

[Edited on 29/7/2003 by Beleg_S]
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 09:10
When the site went down not long back...I think we all thought we would go crazy! It just made us all appreciate the site so much more when it came back.
Without Rivka and all the folks who work so hard behind the scenes to bring us our wonderful playground and who are always there to help us and fix things when they go wrong, we wouldnt have this fantastic place.

I would like to say a HUGE THANKYOU to all of you!!!!! :love: WE really do appreciatate everything that you do!
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 11:58
I'd like to sincerely thank Rivka and everyone else who handled the dispute in the journals with such grace! Thank you so much! You all really did a WONDERFUL job! I don't think members tell the admins and mods that enough. :heart:
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2003 12:05
I thought I would bring this thread back to the surface, because I think that more thanks is in order to everyone who got the Realms up and running, and all the Realm heads! They have all done an awesome job with it all, and I know I'm having a ball in Lorien (special thanks to Scothia, Tanlaithwen and TheLadyArwen )..Cheers! We really do appreciate all that you're doing around the place!
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep
Send Message
on: October 25, 2003 03:31
I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you thank you thank you for your time and talent!
NenyaGold
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 08:08
Wow! This site just keeps getting better and better!!! :love:

Have you checked out the new feature for getting around the forums faster and easier? It's just below the date, in the Rivendell Theme anyway...

Rivka DOES listen to suggestions and implements them, just in case you wondered!

Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 03:54
Yes, thanks Rivka, and the rest of the staff! It's all looking really good, and I love all the themes. The new Professor Tolkien one is my favorite. I'm so glad we have that new drop-down menu in the forum to make it easier to navigate. Thanks!
Newra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 04:14
Mucho grande thanx to Rivka, just for being so cool, and so deticated, and so patient. And to Naneth, who's helped me so much in my Sindarin; atalante_star for being an awesome mod and a great buddy; all the mods of every forum, and everyone and everything who works for this site! You all are amazing! :love::love::love:

~Newra
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 02:42
Coming in and being a kiss ass...just kidding

Coming in and saying hi to the wonderful staff who are still with it after the recent unpleasentness, adn I would like to say that I love you all..

Special hugs for Rivka and Veaglarwen, you earned it.

:heart:
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 05:43
i want to thank the whole staff for an amzing job on this site!
and special thanks to LadyCeleborn, who has been most helpul!

keep up the good work you guys! *hugs all* :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 02:01
I too want to thank every staff member. Without all of you this wouldn't be possible. So thank you & please, keep up the excellent work! You've done fab so far
pv
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 05:57
I wish I had come across this thread earlier, for I have often wanted to express my appreciation...

First of all, thank you, Rivka, for starting this wonderful website!

As I usually hang around at the Fan Fiction section and the Book Discussion Forum, making a nuisance of myself, I would like to express my sincere appreciation of all the people who put so much work into those areas of the site...

Fan fiction:
I would like to thank Lollypop, Aisheeya, Imzadirose and Ithillinde - for all the work you put in to the section and also for your very sensible submission guidelines which are extremely helpful to new writers.

Book Discussion Forum:
Atalante star and Potbelly Hairyfoot and Figwit - thank you for sharing your time, your wisdom and your sense of humour with us!
I'd also like to thank Imzadirose and Goldsand, of the Creations forum & Lady Celeborn, at the Palantir.

Vipergx, thank you for designing your beautiful "White Tree" theme, which is so easy on the eyes & which I use all the time!

[Edited on 22/6/2005 by pv]
http://monstersandcritics.wordpress.com/
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 11:54
Thanks to all the mods! You guys are great!
Ninjoo
Craziness' Spiritual Caretaker
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 11:03
Thanks to Rivka! Imagine how cyberspace would look like without her!

Two thumbs up for Lady~Eowyn, who is very patient with all us crazy people on the Games forum! I think it's a miracle she hasn't run away screaming just yet!

A 'You rock!' for LadyCeleborn; an excellent Palantír mod, MM admin but most of all a wonderful Realm Head!

A big cheer for Atalante star, PotbellyHairyfoot and Figwit. You guys are great! i wish i know as much about the books as you do!

And a :hug: and :cheers: for all the other mods and admins, for keeping the CoE such a good place!
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 10:31

Firstly, I'd like to thank Rivka! She's done a great job on this site, without her I don't know where I'd be. I have more online friends than I could of imagined. She's put in alot of hard work. Starting off this site with no one but herself and working it on up to create and wonderful staff.

Secondly. Saurid (Kamui, Trinity, Shel ) for keeping the chat in shape and perfect. All my 2 years here, she's kept it perfect. I never found a safer place. Oh, and for keeping me inline. Knowing I've made my share of mistakes, tons of them infact, and having her let me know about them. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be this way now. *Huggers Saurid*

And to the rest of the staff for all their hard work! I know its been hard. I've found myself active in everything that I can get to other than just the chat room. Its been fun, and I'll continue to stay here. I'm addicted to this place, and well... Lets just say you have another faithful member on your hands ^_^ Thank you, staff members, for all your hard work!

Love always,
Lily
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 01:17
all the staff rocks my socks! They're a bunch of wonderful people who devote their free time to running a site that brings happiness to many! How could you *not* appreciate every single one of them? love yall! :love:
Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 04:49
*whips out list*
Thank you thank you :love:Rivka:love:! *bows down* How cool are you?
:love:Rosearialelven:love:, my gorgeous realm leader, who puts up with my nOOb-nish in the PDP. And all the ruckus in the realm is managed quite well - how does she do it?
:love:Figwit:love:, the uber-cool one. Much specifically mention Figgy because of all the cool work done in the Book Forum.

And everyone else, heck ya!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 08:59
Thank you Alya :blush: It's very nice to hear your work is appreciated, and that others enjoy what I do almost as much as I do!
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 10:58
Rivka, obviously, for creating this site. I've been fairly addicted to CoE! Thanks for doing this lovely site.
LadyCeleborn, s:heart:he really helps me about my questions in the MM section.
and especially...
gwendeth, the staff that launched alot of my knowledge here in CoE. She's been very pleasant to answer all of my questions, so many questions. And to add that she's our Head in Varda's Realm. She totally rocks! :hug:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email