Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What color are your eyes?
on: April 24, 2003 02:00
Ah! That's so annoying!! I couldn't wear my favorite pair because they were too close to my face. So I went and bought a pair of Agent Glasses!:evil::love:

LoL! *plays OO7 music* I gots a really cool pair of sunglasses. There puuurple. And there ok to wear, so ^-^
Vulkhan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 07:08
My eyes change colour sometimes.. Normally they are light gray blue. When I am sad they go more blue... AND THE WIERDEST THING EVER: When I turn my head a cirtain angle my irises go all clear invisible-like!
People say my eyes are scary
chatchickamy
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 05:55
My eyes are hazel or something, but not really. They change color all the time depending on my mood. They turn green when I'm excited, blue when I'm relaxed, and grey when I'm upset. I'm just wierd like that..
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 09:59
quote:
When I turn my head a cirtain angle my irises go all clear invisible-like!

Ur eyes are super scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
arwen_galadrial
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 10:37
I'm not sure about this but I'm pretty sure. I heard that everyone is born w/ blue eyes but they only stay blue if you have the right DNA.
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 10:45
I'm not sure about this but I'm pretty sure. I heard that everyone is born w/ blue eyes but they only stay blue if you have the right DNA.

Yip. I heard that too. It's true, aparently.
cosmik01
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 11:42
My eyes are blue.. well.. they're blue-green.. and they have specks of hazel.. Ack, hard to explain.. there's some pix up in my journal where you can see my eyes!
KitKat
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 06:57
Mine are plain black, even in bright light, which matches my hair which is very very black. It's hard to see the muscles of the iris, unlike those in light-coloured eyes. I'd like browner eyes though. Chinese people usually have brown eyes, mine are far too dark.

Mine are black too! :angry: Wish I had those colourful eyes though. They look very nice... But then I don't think its going to fit my hair! Imagine colouful eyes with black hair on a chinese girl. Its going to look horribly funny! :dizzy:
cosmik01
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 01:43

Yup, all babies are born with blue eyes! Like all foetus' (don't know the plural, lol) are female up until 6 weeks in the mother's stomach.
KitKat
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 02:30

Yup, all babies are born with blue eyes! Like all foetus' (don't know the plural, lol) are female up until 6 weeks in the mother's stomach.

Really??? Oh wow! Cool! Didn't know that... :blush:
WoodlandGuard
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 07:02
My eyes are grey, I love my eyes, grey eyes are the bomb!

(Doesn't everybody in Rohan have grey eyes, he he, I feel so special!)

hmm no long eyelashes here, though they are so black that you can't see the difference between with mascara and without lol which is the same with my eyebrows! they are really dark, but my hair is blonde (okay, not as blonde as Leggy, but still...) I'm an Elf!!!! hahahahaha

Same here Lady R, my eyelashes are super black, but I have blonde hair.... As blonde as Leggys, Muwhahaha!

[Edited on 26/4/2003 by WoodlandGuard]

[Edited on 26/4/2003 by WoodlandGuard]
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 07:29
Mine are hazel, but they seem to change anywhee from a bright green to a medium brown. My eyes are kind of cat-shapes, and I think thats pretty cool. I really lik the way that my eyes look whn they are reflecting light, it's like thet have glitter or something. I'm also pretty lucky w/ eyelashes, they are pretty curly and dark
Deladrieng
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 10:52
My eyes are mostly brown but they have green-blue flecks in them and the flecks change between more blue or more green. its kinda cOnfoOsInG:dizzy:
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2003 08:53

Yeah its true I have the right DNA my mom had blue eyes and blonde hair but when she got it cut it turned from blue to green adn from blonde to brown its awesome!!
King_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2003 09:31
My eyes are misty green, with a hazel ring roung the pupil, that fades into th green. I have long pitch black eyelashes that are ALWAYS coming out, and long golden-brown hair.

Navaer!

KE
Galwain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2003 03:38
Dark brown- black like. No, I am not devil spawn or anything evil.

Do wish I'd have grey eyes instead, though.
Lady_Lorwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2003 04:27
I have possibly the strangest eyes ever. They change colour depending on the lighting and the color I wear. most of the time, they are blue/green, but then they range from pure blue-to pure green-to grey-to hazel-to dark brown, I know, weird eh?
But its all of what make me ....interesting....
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: April 27, 2003 05:52
Mine are BLACK...and I mean black. And I wouldn't really have it any other way!
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 03:07
Mine are brown! Hee!
Lúthien-Tinúviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 04:07

Are you sure about that? Wouldn't it be more logical to say that all foetus have, I dunno, 'indetermined sex' up until 6 weeks? Do they actually desenvolve female organs before desenvolving the male organs???

Well, I know that's totaly off topic so I'm gonna leave my eye color here too. They're chesnut brown. Everyone else in my family has green or hazel eyes (and my little brother has one green eye one blue eye!). I'm the only one that didn't get green eyes! :angry: But I like my eye color...
Orosarniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 04:39
Chinese people usually have brown eyes, mine are far too dark.

I'm Chinese.. my whole family has this whole dark brown/black eyes thing going on.. there's not one blue, green or hazel-eyed person there.
Do wish I'd have grey eyes instead, though.

Yeah, me too. Either grey or a honey color. But I like my eyes the way they are as well.
Dolenaglar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 04:17
Actually my eyes have no set color. They're continuously changing, with my mood. Like if I'm feeling mischevious, they turn lavendar. If I'm really angry, they get flecks of red and orange. If I'm calm, they're blue. If I have a really intense emotion, they're fiery green. i could go on forever. So yeah. I love my eyes!
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: April 28, 2003 09:09

Not sure about that; my mother swears that my eyes were black from the minute I was born. That seems like an ominous omen to me... :evil:

Chinese people usually have brown eyes, mine are far too dark.

I'm Chinese.. my whole family has this whole dark brown/black eyes thing going on.. there's not one blue, green or hazel-eyed person there.

I'm half-Chinese, and I have... sometimes-black eyes; usually, in the sunlight it's very dark brown. My mum has actually amberish brown eyes, and she's Vietnamese, so I do wonder sometimes if small distances make a lot of differences...

[Edited on 29/4/2003 by Fíriel]
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2003 06:22
Mine are a light grey-green.

I also have dark blonde hair, and it always amuses me how many people assume that my eyes must be blue.
Melilot_Bolger
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2003 06:17
Galwain I have dark grey eyes you can have them!

Sometimes they seem green but mainly they are grey. I have red hair too so everyone goes crazy. i feel like i should be in Gondor.
Enchilion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2003 04:36
I have very strange eyes...usually they are green-grey, but they change color from day to day. Some days they are the most vivid of blue or green and others they are just flat grey. Ask Veag..I ask her almost everyday what color my eyes are..
Plantagenet
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 03:07
Just plain boring brown...
I loooove rgeen eyes!:love:
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2003 07:55
Mine are blue, although they're easily mistaken for green. aybe it's the glasses, o well. I wish I had gray eyes, something dreadful sounding. Maybe I'll get contacts that are tinted gray this year!! Ooh, didn't Elrond have gray eyes?
Cressida
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 05:34
Ooh, didn't Elrond have gray eyes?

Elrond, Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir, Eowyn, and I think Denethor ... Tolkien had a thing about grey eyes, it seems! (Were his eyes grey?)

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Cressida]
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 05:37
Well, in all the black and white pics I've seen of him his eyes are gray! (lol)
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 07:14
I'm with Lady Lorwen, my eyes change depending on the lighting. They're mainly a dull green but can be anything from brown to dark blue to vibrant green to a sort of murky yellow! All these people taling about their eyes changing with their mood sounds like something out of a book. Actually, mine go red when I'm crying...

I also have really really long eyelashes from my Italian dad, but with them go really long eyebrows, which I used to be dead ashamed of. Now, thanks to LOTR where eyebrows and cheekbones are everything, I think they are a defining feature of my face!
Kiss
Sony
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 07:56

actually a baby's gender is determined at conception. they just aren't developed enough to tell their sex until they reach six weeks. so even if the genes aren't expressed at four weeks or so, the baby still has a specific gender. ok.... I'm a nerd I'll just shut up now!

My blue eyes and black hair when I was born, now I have blonde hair and Really really light brown eyes. they're almost yellow. actually they kinda match my hair. but right now I wear blue color contacts.... they look like Frodo's eyes, so ppl are always saying "hey you have such awesome eyes!" and things like that. ha ha! but I'll probably get clear contacts next time I need them. you know just to shake things up a bit!
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 12:13
I have hazel green eyes, but my friends tell me they change with my moods, kinda like my RPG character. The funny thing is, my eyes do almost the same thing as my RPG gal. Grey (or pretty darn close) when I'm angry, and almost blue when I'm relaxed. Green the rest of the time, though. I've also got sandy blonde hair, though it used to be almost a white blonde.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 02:15

actually a baby's gender is determined at conception. they just aren't developed enough to tell their sex until they reach six weeks. so even if the genes aren't expressed at four weeks or so, the baby still has a specific gender. ok.... I'm a nerd I'll just shut up now!

I'll have to second this one...genetically a baby's sex is determined at conception by a x-bearing sperm or a y-bearing sperm...but you are correct specific genetalia don't develop for awhile...and once eyes have developed a genetically determined amount of melanin (coloring), they don't change (like from blue to green, etc)- it's a trick of the light...I used to think that mine really changed colors, and was disappointed to find it wasn't so
BTW, mine are green
ChildofIlluvatar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 03:42
Lily_Took, who is my wonderful sweetiepie has angel eyes.

"When I look into your eyes. I can see how much I love you and it makes me realize when I look into your eyes. I see all my dreams come true when I look into your eyes."

("When I Look Into your Eyes" from Firehouse).

[Edited on 13/5/2003 by ChildofIlluvatar]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email