Register

Author Topic:
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Artemis Fowl
on: April 13, 2006 04:59
News Update:

The fifth book, The Last Colony is due out sometime soon, around June.

According to Eoin Colfer, he's talked to a 'very famous director' about (finally) making the movie of the first book.

MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 11:20
OMG! Eoin Colfer's making a fifth book? COOL! I was really sad at the end of The Opal Deception cuz I didn't want the series to end.
daffadowndilly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 12:56
So all the ciphers are on the bottom margins of the books? Funny, I only found them on the first book and the fourth book.

I thought that it would be too easy to just use the part that was deciphered as a key. So I did the whole frequency analysis thing and deciphered it myself. It's really easy once you figure out where the spaces are. But again, I only found the ciphers for the first and fourth books. I hear the 3rd one is harder?

I get really nit-picky. There are TONS of inconsistencies in the books and they bug me more than they should.
Speaking of nit-pickyness, codes and cipher are two different things. If it's just that every letter is replaced with another letter or with a symbol, it's a cipher, not a code.

I actually thought the series should have ended with the 3rd book. I like the books and I'm glad there are more, but the 3rd had a nice ending. With the 4th one and any future ones, he won't have the threat of the mind-wipe hanging over him. Now I can't think of a possible ending that won't be too cheesy. Even if someone dies.

[Edited on 13/4/2006 by daffadowndilly]
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 12:54
I guess Colfer is the genuis.

I didnt' want it to end in the third book, as it made me cry late into the night. I want happy endings really badly. Sadly, the books I read don't excatly follow that....

Have you read The Artemis Fowl Files? There's code in that one too.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 04:06
No, but I've always wanted to.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 10:54
Oh, and if I haven't mentioned this there might be a sixth one some day. I guess we'll wait and see.

Also, Colfer wrote a book called The Supernaturalist that I think you guys might enjoy.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The eighth and last book is now out!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
The Mirkwood Elf
Council Member
Send Message
So has anyone read the Last Guardian here?? I assume that you guys have. That was my fav. one in the whole series! It had a great ending!
old: new: ***
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I read it! It was very good!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email