Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfQueenElwing
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What was the "scariest" part of LOTR?
on: November 30, 2003 02:25
Nothing really scared me, but I did get startled a few times

-bilbo's lash out moment
-nazgul jumping out from behind trees
-dead elf (ttt) opening eyes (actually that scared more people than me cause i always grabbed them heh)
-the eye appearing when gandalf touches the ring, and when he touched the palantir

'bout it I think.

loho
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2003 04:30
All the Black Rider parts! They aren't really scary, but if I was a young kid when I 1st saw the movie, I'd have been scared!
GirlJockey17
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2003 10:44
The part in THE FELLOWSHIP that really scared me was the part when all of the hobbits were standing in a circle, and out of the shadows, comes this aweful, huge wraithe with it's sword in hand up to its face. THAT was creepy.

The part in THE TWO TOWERS that scared me the most was either the part where Frodo falls into the dead marshes and sees those creepy gohsts reaching for him, or the part where all the uruks are marching up to Helms Deep, then they stop, and then they start banging their spears on the ground, waiting to attack. That part doesn't so much as scare me, but it really sort of shook me when I was in the theater, and when that old guy let his arrow go, and then there was that silince. I suppose that is what really shook me. Then they all start growling and getting angry. That scene was memmorable. Great really.

Camannar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2003 11:02
There are two bits that sort of freaked me out

1. When Frodo offered the ring to the wraith in TTT and there is no sound except for the rings of the birdy he is sitting on, thats freaky, with surround sound on DVD! Woah!

2. When Celeborn says "Where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him".... AGHHHH! Makes me shriek everytime! Its so robotic it reminds me of the robot dance from the 70s.

Camannar
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 06:28
Ooh... LOADS of scary bits!!!!!!

1) All the bits where Frodo goes a bit doo-lally (I love that word ) & starts to say things like "They're heeere...They cooome..." in that really freaky voice... *shudder*

2) ALL the Nazgûl parts, especially when they screeeeech...:cry: AAH!!

3) Most of the Moria scene, things go from bad to worse!!!

I know, I'm a wimp, whatever

So many more too, but there's not enough computer harddrive in the World for me to write all of them!!!!!
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 12:09
Scary scenes..

The beginning in FOTR when Sauron comes and starts killing. ( I was watching it on TV for the first time at midnight!)

Wraiths don't scare me.. (why? no clue..wraiths are cool..)

When the face in the Dead Marshes opens it eyes..creepy

When the ghost things reach for Frodo..chills..

When Frodo starts going all..weird.. and saying "They're here, the've come," in the very scary, evil voice.

Galadriel turning evil, gave me a shock the first time.

Evil Bilbo scares me...

Evil Bilbo scares me.....
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 02:33
The scarriest bit so far has to Helms Deep when all
the Uruk-kai are waiting to attack.

I would'nt much like the idea of being there

monasua
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 06:30
:cry: For me the scariest part was when the Nazgul chase Frodo at night
~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 12:47
Nothing really scared me, but I did get startled a few times

Same here. I got startled when Gandalf almost touches the Ring, and When the Elf Warrior opened his eyes... Also the Cave Troll bursting round the pilar, it was kinda funny afterwards, because I was eating M&M's, and I swallowed one whole, down 'the wrong pipe'... LoL! I kinda missed the next minute...
toodlepip
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 11:41
loll!! the bit that makes me jump everytime (although not scary) is when bilbo goes " this will be anight to remember" and the massive firework goes off! i nearly spilt my popcorn in the cinemas and always jump when i see it at home!
arthwen86
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 05:37
I can't really think of something that scared me in Fellowship, but i can think of something that scared me in Two Towers. When you see the armies of Saruman coming into the Black Gate, with Sam, Frodo and Gollum up on that cliff. I don't know it was something about how all that was showing were their eyes. I think because the eyes had eyeliner on them, it made them stand out moer. Maybe that is why they were so freaky to me.
LuthienofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 01:36
There was this part of FOTR that i didnt found scary but still it got to me then.
It was when Bildo tried to take the ring from Frodo in Rivendell one last time.
I was in the cinema and looking for something under my chair so i didnt quite see it,but when Bilbo screamed i just freaked out and hit my head against the chair before me(autch)
So this guy turned around and says: are u allright??Really embarrasing,the whole cinema heard me hit my head :blush:

[Edited on 05-12-03 by LuthienofRivendell]
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2003 04:41
like many people here have said, I think the Nazgul were the scariest thing of the movies. It's just that shrill shriek, it's horrifying. The worst Nazgul moment would have to be the bit in the woods on the way to Bree in FOTR. Other than that, nothing really scared me in the films.
Lozza
Elven Huntress
Send Message
on: December 07, 2003 10:24
My younger sister would have to say the bit in Rivendell in FOTR where Bilbo's face jumps and morphs into Gollum's face. She literally jumped out of her seat in the cinema. I couldn't help but laugh, although I'm sure the rest of the cinema thought I was very strange. (It was my thrid viewing at that stage.)

[Edited on 8/12/2003 by Lozza]
Khallandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 01:09
Black Rider jumping out of the tree, got me the first time and got me the second time too! I still tense a little before it happens so it doesn't get me again!
Ervinai
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 07:00
Probably the scariest part for me was when the Fellowship was in Moria... when you hear the Balrog roar and you see the red glow getting closer to them... that sent chills down my spine the first time I saw it!
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 11:28
After seeing RotK, it's clear what the scariest part was: Shelob's lair! I hate big spiders, and Shelob is sooo horrible! Very close to the book, well done!

RotK is not a movie for people with strong arachnophobia!
elven_angel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 06:52
The scariest part in FOTR was probably when Gandalf touches the ring, Bilbo's :evil: moment, and when the Cave Troll comes around the pillar. I jump every time at those spots.

In ROTK, Minas Morgul was creepy, the Nazgul's shrieks sent chills down my spine. Shelob was really scary too. *shivers*
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 07:30
In RoTK the 'tensest' moment for me is when Sauron's eye sees Frodo. I was like 'Oh no...'

I knew that shelob was going to appear so that wasn't like scary for me, just freaky becuase I HATE spiders.
RodwenAlchirielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 08:48
ok... there were only a few times for me...mainly Shelob in ROTK... im an aracnaphobe... but i forced myself to watch, lol... my lil sis said i was very funny to watch... and the Nazgul screeches in ROTK freaked me out, cuz they were sooo loud and more... real, i guess. it hurt my ears, thats for sure!
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 07:33
lets c ummm,i dont really no
well sort of the she lob part!!! lol
not really!
lotrsfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 10:39
I'm going to agree with ya'll on the Ringwraiths, I won't be forgetting them anytime soon

This isn't exactly part of the movie, but it was scary. I was in the theater, ready to see The Two Towers, all pumped up and excited... when what do I see on the screen? Carrot Top screaming '1-800-CALL-ATT!!!'

It should be illegal to put his face on a movie theater sized screen without giving the audience a warning!

*is still recovering from the shock*

I completely agree with you on that one. That's just not something children need to see. Heck, I don't need to see it and I'm practically an adult.
mrs_greenleaf4
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 09:48
i got such a fright when gandalfs staff disappears in RotK EE. that gave me such a fright! and also when bilbo tries to take the ring from frodo and does the scary face. but it isnt just those, there are lots of others lol...like the balrog, wraiths, allsorts...i cant choose!!!! but the most scariest part (not seriously or anything) is seeing eowyn's face for the first time lol! not meaning to offend or anything...
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 01:42
'Scariest' part of LotR is when all the Uruks are getting psyched up at Helm's Deep, when they start roaring and bashing their weapons and chanting - it really freaks me out :\
IntotheWest23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 03:05
FOTR: when gandalf puts his hand down to get the ring and BAM the eye...it was creepy
and when Bilbo goes all crazy/evil

TTT: yeah, the orcs screaming nd stuff for helms deep...eek!
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 07:32
FOTR: when gandalf puts his hand down to get the ring and BAM the eye...it was creepy
and when Bilbo goes all crazy/evil

I forgot about those parts, due to the fact that I haven't watched FotR for absolutely ages! They're pretty bad parts too :\ Freaked me out the very first I saw them - especially the Eye part!
lotrchick7
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 08:04
In FOTR, anytime the eye just pops on-screen, or the Nazgul, at Weathertop.

In TTT when the dead elf opens its eyes, whenever Frodo zones out and gets scary*shudders* or when they blow up the wall at Helm's Deep:cry:

In ROTK, the battle between the Witch King and Eowyn, when Gandalf says "you are soldiers of Gondor, no matter what comes through those doors, you stand your ground" and the trolls and monsters come through, Shelob gave me the creeps, and the whole Mt. Doom/Black Gate sequence made me shudder with fear.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 08:08
Urgh yeah, Shelob! Even now when I watch it on TV, I sink further and further into my seat, hiding behind a cushion ((>_<)) I hate spiders, plus I jump a freakin MILE when she stabs Frodo

~ Grima
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 10:25
In FOTR the part that freaked me out was Bilbo going all crazy from the ring, and a few of the orc close ups.

In TTT umm.. nothing really scared me from this one... first time I saw Gollum where he just jumped out kind of freaked me out.

In ROTK Shelob, hands down!!
Lozadora
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 09:04
The only bit that I find truly scary in the Trilogy, and the bit that gets me everytime, is in the dead marshes with the spirits trying to grab Frodo and when the Elf opens its eyes.....
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 09:43
When the hobbits are in the wood and the nazgul jumbed to frodo.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 11:11
Depends on which movie you're talking about.

In FOTR: Yep, MUST agree on Faramirs_first_kiss on that one. Yeeesh....creepy....

In TT: When Gollum attacked Sam and Frodo? No clue. *lol* Nothing scares me much....

In ROTK: It's gotta be that part w/ Shelob, when she "stings" Frodo. *gulp* Either that or the part where Frodo almost fell into Mt. Doom.
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 11:20
I think the scariest part is when Galadriel becomes dark and scary. but the part that makes me jump is when Gandalf tries to pick up the ring in Hobbiton and you see the eye of Sauron and there is a scary sound effect.
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 11:53
In FotR it was the extra CoE scene in the EE DVD, waiting for the Balrog, just before and just as the Watcher in the Water comes out (outside the walls of Moria)and...I dunno...Wait! Galadriel Pshyco Moment! yeah, ahem, moving on...

In TTT it was the elf warrior eyes opening and the *SOUND* when Frodo falls in (crazy creepy), and when Aragorn falls off the cliff(I knew he wasn't about to die about every single time I watch that I junp and reach toward the screen just a bit, :rolleyes: like *I* could save from falling!)

In RotK it was the *MUSIC* of Shelob (it was just so twitchy :twitch: and spastic, spine tingling and giant-deadly-spider-y.)

I thought the Wraiths were so cool(I can scream like them!) that they weren't scary, but I get why some people find them scary.
This might be mean, but a lot people said that Biblo going for the Ring in FotR was scary. Well its the same for Lilly but she can't stop watching it. So one day we're watching FotR and this part is coming up so my sis(Lilly) goes and sits on the floor infront of our huge TV, like three inches away. So I sitting behind her on the couch in the pick black room and I get an idea(1 of my best, if I do say so myself). So I walk up behind her(real quite-like ) and at the exact(and I mean EXACT!) moment Biblo yells, I yell in one ear and clap my hands in the other. She not only yelled and covered her head but early broke my jaw with her head when she jumped completely up so that she was standing! IT WAS GREAT!!! :evil: She didn't talk to me until we came home from school the next day! Like I said, a little mean but GREAT!!! :evil:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 09:32
Aldariel22: *lol* Haha!! That's great. I do the same thing w/ my sister to scare her. Except in a slightly "different" light. Ok, you know "The Jungle Book 2", and that part where Kaa is hypnotizing Shanti? Well, I paused that part where Shanit's eyes go all "white-out" and I told Leia (my sis) to close her eyes while I put her face up to the screen (on the computer at that time). Well, she jumped when she opened her eyes, and knocked me into our bunk-bed. *lol* I must have laughed for a month....
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email