Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elvish hearts *free to anyone!!!*
on: June 04, 2004 01:20
OOC : Ignore that last post; reading three to four pages back does a world of good, it does. :3

IC: Mansaru smiled coldly, sending a shiver down Gaelborn's spine. Enelya reached out and took Gaelborn's hand, though the Elf did not know whether it was for her own comfort or his. "Die?" Mansaru queried with a laughing tone in his cruel voice, as though he found amusement in the proud warrior's threat... and he probably did. "I cannot die." He lifted his arms to the sky and, with wide gaping eyes, stared up at the cold ceiling.

"A god... simply cannot die, fool of an Elf."

He's gone mad, Gaelborn realized, and a hand reached from nowhere and clamped a mighty grip down upon his immortal heart. A villain he could kill without a moment's hesistation... But someone as damaged as he? He wasn't sure if it was possible.

With a great scream of hate and pity, Gaelborn rushed forward, belaying his agony, and stabbed his foe in the neck with a sword. It held there, bobbing with every beat of the madman's heart.

Mansaru's eyes widened ever more and he looked down until his chin hit the hilt of the gleaming blade. Enelya and Ebruhador stood back, unsure of what to do in the light of Gaelborn's ruthlessness. Gaelwing looked as though she might faint.

"I... told you... Elf..." Mansaru said, his voice raspy and gurgling. "I... cannot... die..."

And he slumped unto the floor. Dead before he ever struck the ground.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 06:24
Enelya found herself holding the other elf's hand- though she did not know why. Everyone stood tensely, waiting to see what would happen next.

"A god... simply cannot die, fool of an elf," the wizard said, his tone oddly amused. But Gaelborn stepped forward, thrusting his sword into Mansaru's throat with a cry of rage. Erubadhor stepped back, grabbing Enelya's arm and pulling her back with him. They stood there, unsure of what to do now that Mansaru had a balde in his throat and he was still standing. For one awful moment Erubadhor thought he wouldn't die, and that he would take his anger out on them... but only for a moment.

"I... told you... Elf... I... cannot... die..." Mansaru struggled to get the words out, blood gurgling out of his mouth and down his chin as he spoke, until finally, he fell. There was a moment of silence, as if they all feared he would get up again, but he didn't. The black cloud that had seemed to cover him the entire time they were there suddenly lifted, speeding out the door as if it were alive.

At this, Enelya let out an ear-piercing scream, clutching her head and sinking to the floor as though in terrible pain. Erubadhor and Gaelborn knelt at her side as her screams slowly subsided to quick, rasping breaths. Erubadhor helped her into a sitting position, and she looked to his and Gaelborn's faces.

"Where am I... who are you?" she whispered, fainting as soon as the words left her mouth. Erubadhor was still for a moment, his body numb from shock.

She doesn't remember us, he thought. How can she not remember us?

"Erubadhor! Gaelborn! We must leave," Quentin called frantically. "The cave is collapsing, he had it under an enchantment so it would cave in if he died," he said. "Come on!"

Erubadhor picked up his sister's body and began to follow the others out. It wasn't her bruised, battered appearance that starled him so much as it was how frail and light she was. He thought about this as they ran, passing the bodies of Mansaru's dead guards that seemed to have fallen as soon as he had perished. Rocks were falling as well, and these were harder to avoid as they escaped- led by Quentin, who knew the fastsest ways out.

[Edited on 6/5/2004 by foshpickle~greenleaf]
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 08:26
Gaelborn hoisted his own sister into his arms and ran after his former enemy. Even while he and his comrades sped their way through the collapsing corridors, his mind was still on the second the blade had plunged through the throat of his greatest foe, Mansaru.

He suddenly felt enlightened, as though he could walk upon the air and ride the wind... But, at the same time, he had a sense that his only real reason for living had been as viciously ripped from him as Mansaru's life had been ripped from himself.

He lingered on this feeling of worthlessness until he could see the light pouring from the exit, and he was out into the sun.

His sister was free.

He had regained his lover.

...Now what?
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 11:40
They escaped with only seconds to spare, the door falling apart as soon as they were out. Weary and injured, they staggered into the sun, blinking as their eyes adjusted to the bright noon light.

Erubadhor lay Enelya gently in the shade of a giant old oak. He watched her limp form nervously as the others rested, until she finally woke up.

The first thing he noticed was her eyes- the last time he had seen her, her eyes were pure black just like Mansaru's. But now they were the regular green, and that alone made him smile.

"Enelya!" he exclaimed, putting aside his fears that she might not remember him to give her a hug. "I thought he would have killed you..." He found himself close to tears.

For several moments they sat, she in his embrace, until she spoke softly.

"I'm sorry... you seem so happy to see me but I must ask who you are," she said. He pulled back, a pained look on his tired face.

"Enelya... please tell me you're just kidding." But she made no response to this, other than to study his face as he waited. "It's Erubadhor- your twin, don't you know that? Mansaru kidnapped you and took over your mind to use you, and..." he found himself unable to continue, ans standing, went to Gaelborn.

The older elf was several feet away, tending to his own sister with some help from Naralote- Gaelwing looked to be in worse condition than Enelya.

"Gaelborn," he said softly. "Come here." The elf stood slowly, reluctant to leave his sister, but he joined Erubadhor nonetheless.

"Enelya... does not remember anything that happened," he said. "She doesn't remember me, I doubt she remembers anyone else either."

"There is another issue," Quentin said, appearing from behind them. Both turned to him, and he shifted uneasily. "I don't think it is my place to tell you, but there were reasons Mansaru imprisone her rather than continue using her for his work. She is with child... Gaelborn's," he said, avoiding the eyes of both.
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 11:43
Gaelborn stood up so fast he nearly fell over. "You lie..."

Quentin shook his head. "I do not, I fear it's true." He looked to Gaelborn, and the Elf could see the truth there in the deep recesses of the man's dark eyes. Gaelborn turned to Ebruhador, a look of shock on his face. The expression was mirrored by the twin and he looked to Enelya for some clue as to what to think.

She only stared at them, seemingly hoplessly lost in a world of unknown. Gaelborn felt a great pressure rise in his wide chest and expand through his limbs until he found himself on the ground, clutching Enelya to him as tight as he could.

"Enelya... For that is your name... I am Gaelborn. And I am truly sorry."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:00
Erubadhor could only blink in shock as he watched Gaelborn hold his sister...

Pregnant? How... when did that happen? His mind raced back to the events at Mirkwood... the morning she had suddenly decided that they should kill him. Something must have happened the night before... he shook his head. It was too much to take in at once.

Enelya began to sob as Gaelborn held her. She was confused, tired, hungry... and on top of it all she was somehow causing these people pain by not remebering what had happened.

"You shouldn't be sorry," she said to him. "I only wish I could remember what had happened. I really do, I'll try," she said earnestly, looking up into his eyes.

Erubadhor was pacing, thinking of what to do and where to go. Ithil watched him nervously from a short distance away.

"Rivendell!" he exclaimed after a moment, startling them all. "Surely Lord Elrond would be able to do something," he said, directing this last bit at Gaelborn, "for both our sisters."
Siona
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 08:43
Trying his best to hide the tears glistening in his eyes, Gaelborn rose with Enelya in his arms. "Yes, let's go. Elrond will know." He set Enelya on a steed and looked at her for a long moment before mounting on his own horse with his sister, and the party ran for Rivendell.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 02:38
((OI! *waves to everyone* I'm alive, but I'm sorry that I haven't posted since I got a PM from Siona. I kept getting kicked off the computer.))

"Rivendell?!" Mirhith hissed in shock. His eyes widened considerably. Iavasril looked at him, confused, until he remembered what had happened a while ago. He closed his
eyes and sighed. Why couldn't Mirhith just forget that and stop being so touchy about Rivendell.

Gently, Iavasril reached out and clasped Mirhith's wrist, squeezing slightly in sympathy. Mirhith looked away. Since his lover had died, he had stayed as far away from Rivendell as he possibly could. Now faced with having to go back there, he really didn't want to enter the gates again.

"It's for Enelya and Gaelwing," Iavasril murmured back. As Gaelborn mounted his horse, the others followed suit and soon the whole party was moving for Rivendell. The quick pace of his horse, no matter how gentle Nuar was being in picking a path, jostled Iavasril's stomach wound painfully. It really hadn't healed all that well, even with Ithilwing's skill. Mirhith glanced over at him.

"You're going to get that looked at when we get there," Mirhith growled so the other's wouldn't hear. Iavasril nodded and wrapped one arm protectively around his abdomen.

[Edited on 9/6/04 by Nimeneth]
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email