Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starliss
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mirando Otto as Eowyn
on: August 06, 2003 07:52
Who agrees that Miranda did an awesome job with Eowyn. I really love her role and i think she did a wonderful job protraying the romantic tension between her and Aragorn. How many agree? ( in other words; Eowyn Lovers Unite!)

also what would you have changed about her role? Does any body have news about her??

[Edited on 6/8/2003 by starliss]
Yes I loved MO as Eowyn
95% (8)
NO, I think she did a horrible job
5% (4)
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Mirando Otto as Eowyn
on: August 07, 2003 10:53
I voted for the first choice.
MO looks jsut eh the Eowyn I had in my head when I was reading the books.
I also thought that she protray the fearful niece, disgusted love-object, and fierce warrior very well. I would say that she was giving Arwen a run for her money if I didn't know that Aragorn is as loyal as he is.

I wouldn't have anything changed, because her character is very close to that of the book's. I can't wait to see her in RotK.
Rider_of_the_Riddermark
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2003 02:53
She did a very good job!
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 04:17
I'm a Huge Eowyn Lover!! :heart: She's the best
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 01:57
She was great! I think it's hard to find a good Éowyn anyway. We'll see in RotK, it will be great to see more of her.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 02:24
I don't agree with either option: I don't love her performance, because it wasn't the Éowyn I know from the books; but I do think that - with the lines given to her - Miranda Otto managed to capture some of the restless spirit of the shieldmaiden of Rohan
elven_lady
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 01:32
I think she did a really good job. But I didn't have a whole lot of time to think over and analyze each and every character before I saw the movie The Two Towers the day after I finished reading it. But I still think she did a great job.
Annúnagar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 04:29
Good for Miranda! She's a perfect Éowyn!
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 04:20
I loved her performance!!! No, she is not exactly the same Eowyn as in the book, but Arwen isn't the same Arwen and Galadriel isn't the same Galadriel. Miranda did a very good job and I think that the part was made for her. She captured the basic idea of Eowyns restless free spirit, which is her most important feature in the books.
Ankalimarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 08:25
I think she did a great job as Eowyn, I just really don't like her. JUST LEAVE ARAGORN ALONE!!! lol had to get that out. but Aragorn BELONGS to Arwen, and thats all there is to it! lol
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: October 12, 2003 08:24
Ok, here's the deal with Aragorn and Eowyn in the movie:

Aragorn thinks that Arwen has sailed from the Grey Havens to go to Valinor. As far as he knows, she's never coming back. However, he still has to produce an heir to the throne of Gondor. Eowyn doesn't really know about Arwen, and when Aragorn tells her that Arwen has gone to be with her people, she automatically assumes that Arwen's out of the picture.

Here's another thought for you: Aragorn has been travelling for a long time. He's not heard any news from Rivendell. The last thing he knew was that Arwen was leaving, and that's that.

Bottom line point: neither of them knew that Arwen's still in the picture, in fact, the pretty much figured the opposite. There is nothing wrong with what happened in the movie between Aragorn and Eowyn. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the very few things that actually happened in the books that got carried over to the movie.
WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 03:18
I think she was great. A very very believable portrayal.
And, at the risk of sounding like a shallow teenager, she is beautiful. *sigh*

@-'-,-------------
Ankalimarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 09:44
Ok, here's the deal with Aragorn and Eowyn in the movie:

Aragorn thinks that Arwen has sailed from the Grey Havens to go to Valinor. As far as he knows, she's never coming back. However, he still has to produce an heir to the throne of Gondor. Eowyn doesn't really know about Arwen, and when Aragorn tells her that Arwen has gone to be with her people, she automatically assumes that Arwen's out of the picture.

Here's another thought for you: Aragorn has been travelling for a long time. He's not heard any news from Rivendell. The last thing he knew was that Arwen was leaving, and that's that.

Bottom line point: neither of them knew that Arwen's still in the picture, in fact, the pretty much figured the opposite. There is nothing wrong with what happened in the movie between Aragorn and Eowyn. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the very few things that actually happened in the books that got carried over to the movie.

I know I know, but still I know the truth!! And I would probably do the same thing if I was in that situation. BUT STILL!!! lol
White_Lady_of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2003 04:28
Yeah! Great explanation, Valaöré!
Eowyn rocks! I love her and Otto did a great job as her. She looked just like i imagined her and i agree with you, WildRose, she is very pretty; i love her dresses! *imagines standing in front of Meduseld, wind blowing and an amazing view*
CrazyInsaneJess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 03:48
I think MO did a great job. She looks & does the part of Eowyn very well. Although, when I read the books I thought Eowyn was about 23 in age. MO is like 35, right? I mean, its not a big deal, its just what I though when I read the book.

My brother has a crush on MO, i think thats so cute!
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 11:45
I have a crush on Miranda, too! :love::heart::drool:

She looks very young for her age and exactly like Tolkien described Éowyn: "Very fair was her face, and her long hair was like a river of gold." And she did a really great job! I also enjoyed all the new Éowyn scenes on the EE of TTT. Can't wait to see her in RotK!
elven_angel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 04:47
Eowyn is my favorite character in the books. I think Miranda Otto did a great job as her!
Luthien_Seregon
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2003 06:42
Hi! I'm new here, though not to Tolkien-- read to me at a young age, loved and adored and dog-eared in the extreme. I must say I agree about Miranda Otto. she portrayed Eowyn very well. I was veeery disappointed not to see her at the NZ premiere. (yep, I live in NZ. I wasn't actually there this year, though, so I wouldn't have been able to see her anyway. *sigh*)

I hope they have her fight in RotK done properly, though. And definately not skip her out altogether! I read a photo guide which simply stated 'Eowyn see the arnies leave. She decides to follow them...' And that's it. No more Eowyn. *sob*

Can you tell I'm an Eowyn fan? ; )
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 01:58
I voted for the first option. For I definitely do not love the character of Éowyn, not in the books and not in the movie, I think that Mirando Otto did a great job playing Éowyn.
Evenstar_child
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 10:14
I love Eowyn she's my favourite character and Miranda Otto is just brilliant and she's just gorgeous ! I'm so glad she's Aussie! She's great and even though I love her as Eowyn I hope to see her in more movies!

GO MIRANDA!!

Love
Evenstar_child:heart:
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 06:56
I thought Miranda Otto did a great job as Eowyn. When I first heard that an actress no one I knew had ever heard of was playing Eowyn, I thought, "Oh no, she's gonna mess it up completely!" But she didn't!
I think they managed to draw her to the centre of the action, and make people notice her, without blowing up her role horribly.
So yes, I think she had quite a hard part to play, but did well.

[Edited on 28/12/2003 by Anoria_Miriel]
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 07:03
Overaall, I felt she was perfect...

The only thing about her that bugged me was the this face she makes....when they are in Helm's Deep, and Gimli tells her that Aragorn went over the cliff, she makes this insane, scared stalker poodle face....gets me every time, I was tempted to email pj asking that he didn't let her do that again.
elanorgamgi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 12:23
Miranda did a very good job as Eowyn... she is very close to the book, loyal, lovely and corageous. In RotK she is awesome!! :heart:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2004 08:50
Valaöré said: "Ok, here's the deal with Aragorn and Eowyn in the movie:

Bottom line point: neither of them knew that Arwen's still in the picture, in fact, the pretty much figured the opposite. There is nothing wrong with what happened in the movie between Aragorn and Eowyn. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the very few things that actually happened in the books that got carried over to the movie
So true! Éowyn was always a favorite character of the book, and Miranda did such a good job bringing that role to the silver screen. I have to say that Miranda/movie Éowyn character was one of the closest to book-Éowyn.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 11:12
In addition to what I posted above one month ago, I want to say that Miranda was awesome in RotK.:love: I enjoyed all her scenes, e.g. when she talked with Merry - just like a mother ("To the smithy!" "Courage, Merry, for our friends." "Whatever happens, stay with me, I will comfort you."). Her fight against the Witch-King is one of my favorite scenes! And she looked so adorable, when she stands near Faramir.:heart::drool: I really missed their romance. Anyway, I am sure that it will be on the EE!
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 03:27
Miranda was great as Eowyn, she's my favourite female charactor
Haradiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 02:37
Awesome! All I can say is absolutely awesome! I think Miranda was terrific!!!! :hug:
Faramirsgirl73
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 03:38
I am so glad that Miranda had been cast in the role of Eowyn instead of Uma Thurman. Can you imagine?She would have butchered the part. :angry: :nono:
tiniwel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 10:07
I love Miranda as Eowyn! I actually wrote to MO once, like a year ago. But she didn't write me back, like Viggo would.........

Sarah aka Tiniwel
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 01:41
I have to say I think Faramir was one lucky guy! In a scene in the upcoming sequel to Return of the King, there is a bit on Faramir and Eowyn in the forests of ithilien. Faramir is teased with little signs from his loving wife, and he follows the carefully laid out track into the woods where he finds Éowyn awaiting!

I will enjoy the EE because it will have more Miranda!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:39
I didn't picture her in the books the way she was in the movie, but I think she did a terrific job and I love her performance.
Eowyn_beautiful_warrior16
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 12:39
I LOVE eowyn she is my hero. MO played her excatly as I pictured her in the book and the only way it could be made better is if she was played by me!!
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 12:57
I absolutely loved all those wonderful new scenes with Miranda in the Extended Edition of RotK! :love: Especially the scenes in the Houses of Healing are so lovely! :heart: Just a little too short for me. I would have liked to see more of the Éowyn-Faramir-romance.
Shieldmaiden34
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 01:56
Hey guys, I am new to this site, but I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in!
Anyway, I think Miranda did a BRILLIANT job on Eowyn.
She is a great actress, and was exactly like I imagined her in the books!
Also, she is very beautiful!
Even after I saw TTT I thought that when she says "I am no man"in ROTK, she would make it very dramatic(in a bad way), but she was perfict!

[Edited on 27/1/2005 by Shieldmaiden34]
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 10:54
Miranda gave birth to a baby girl. Congratulations! :cheers:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email