Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Mirando Otto as Eowyn
on: April 09, 2005 10:28
Are you serious??? I just heard that she was pregnant!
Yes I loved MO as Eowyn
95% (8)
NO, I think she did a horrible job
5% (4)
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 10:17
Well, I read on miranda-otto.com that she gave birth.
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 06:50
I think Miranda Otto gave a wonderful performance of Eowyn, there were some scenes were it seemed she just walked right of the page! Thats why I admire Miranda so much, she's an actress that is very adaptable to each role that she plays.

I'm also glad to have seen more of her on the battlefields in the RotK EE! That was very well done especailly when you see how much effort Miranda put into the fight against the Witch-King. And now I'm rambling!

BTW, I also heard that Miranda gave birth to a baby girl! Congrats!

[Edited on 29/4/2005 by Eveligh]
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 08:22
All I can say is she really did a very good job! :cheers: She always puts her heart on every role that she plays. Anyway, It's a good thing to have a baby boy! Congratulations! :disco:

See Ya! :hug: ,
Erika (ilfa, the misty elf)
Vanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 04:15
I think she did a great job as Eowyn, I just really don't like her. JUST LEAVE ARAGORN ALONE!!! lol had to get that out. but Aragorn BELONGS to Arwen, and thats all there is to it! lol

Silly me! Here I thought that Aragorn was his own person. Guess I was wrong.

I agree 100% with what Valaore said. Arwen was out of the picture in the movies. Aragorn was fair game. And I have to say, that it really seemed that it was Aragorn who sought out Eowyn. Even when Aragorn mentions 'the woman who gave him that jewel' he doesn't say who the woman is... for all Eowyn knows it could be his mother, aunt, grandma, whatever... he only says that a woman has left his life. Vis a vis Aragorn is basically saying that he is available.

Miranda Otto's performance was flawless IMHO! No one else could have played Eowyn. She was perfect! She researched her role a lot and I think that came across in her performance.

Also, yay! She had a baby girl named Darcey O'Brien in April with her hubby Peter O'Brien. Congratulations to the proud parents!

[Edited on 15/6/2005 by Vanathiel]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 02:16
I voted that she did an awesome job. she was exactly the Eowyn i imagined. incredible! she was brave and cool....she rocks.

GIRL POWER!!!! :disco:

[Edited on 16/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: September 07, 2007 07:10
Due to the sudden rash of Eowyn/Miranda worship, I've bumped up our Eowyn/Miranda Otto thread. You may post your comments/undying love in here rather than starting up new threads. Thanks!
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Tcherepin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2007 07:19
Having enjoyed a 35-year long crush on Eowyn, I can happily point you to a few little things about Miranda.

first of all, I'd give my eye teeth to plant a kiss on her lips. :love: ..LOL... but she's married (and so am I!). Miranda is an Aussie, born in Queensland, and She's married to Peter O'Brien. She recently gave birth (2005) to their first child, daughter Darcey.

You can learn a mess about Miranda at this fan site....

http://www.miranda-otto.com/

Her filmography is listed here. As you can see, she's done a lot more than LOTR, but LOTR was clearly a HUGE break for her.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001584/

Ask Men made her actress of the week a while ago. This site is mostly raving and little information, but I agree, she can roast my shrimp on her barbie, ANY-time!

http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_250/292_miranda_otto.html

And of course, there's wikipedia's entry on the lovely lady.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Otto

I find it interesting that Miranda has somewhat limited her high-profile work in the last couple of years to stay home with her family. You can read a little bit about that in the last few sentences of the wikipedia article.

A lovely woman all around and a wise one, I think, to know that fame is not everything. Mister O'Brien is a very, very lucky man.

Miranda's Costumes:
I love them. All of them. Whoever did her costumes is a flippin' genius. The White Lady of
Rohan dress?..be still my beating heart!

I know this is kind of wierd coming from a guy, but Miranda in that dress...

I sew my own kilts and have made a couple of doublets and stuff, but no way could I design and make anything like that. Beautiful dress, beautiful woman....

...and the thing about all of it is that Eowyn and Miranda have this thing in common..they're every-girl. To me, Arwen is some faraway, untouchable elven magic princess, though Liv didn't come off like that so much. Galadriel is three thousand years of walking history, you know? Can you see asking Galadriel out to go dancing? NOT. But Eowyn? You could ask Eowyn out for a date, if you could manage to get the words out of your mouth. She's just a woman, a regular woman. She approachable, tough, smart, beautiful *blink* did I say beautiful? But she's totally REAL. And Miranda nailed that crucial aspect of Eowyn, spot on....

...and so did her costumer.

Just freaking gorgeous and all-around wonderful.

OK, I'll stop swooning, now...

No problem, just keeping all and any stuff about Miranda in one thread. Thanks.>

[Edited on 7/9/2007 by Rosearialelven]
Tcherepin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2007 05:01
No worries....might as well get all intensity in one place so that everyone can picture me with that deer in the headlights look, yanno?

Look, I'm 50 years old and I"m even using smilies. I must be smitten.

[Edited on 8/9/2007 by Tcherepin]
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: September 08, 2007 07:19
Look, I'm 50 years old and I"m even using smilies. I must be smitten.

Join the club, Tcherepin. I'm fifty and I use smilies. So sue us. LOL.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2007 12:53
hey, there's nothing wrong with that! who doesn't love smileys!

I totally admire Eowyn/Miranda. What I love about Miranda is that she's such a sweet person! I love watching the behind the scenes stuff during the RotK. All the cast members start crying, and Miranda is just so marvelous! okay...rambling along, but she truly is my favorite actress.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
GalandilolandLegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2007 04:12
love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 03:34
Happy 40th birthday Miranda!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 04:24
Yes yes! *throws confetti about*
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 17, 2007 03:39
its hard to belive shes as old as my mother.
Captain_Abigail
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 10:48
Eowyn is so cool. She's my favorite female character along with Galadriel. Miranda Otto did really great job!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
This poll should of had a middle choice, like 'She did all right, but someone else could have done it better.

I neither totally loved, nor did I hate, Miranda's performance as Eowyn. If I had to lean one way or another, I would lean toward the positives. I have to ask though... was the Eowyn role the pinnacle of her career? She had a small role in the movie, Thin Red Line, was on a shortlived TV show 'Cashmere Mafia', and was in the forgettable movie remake of War of the Worlds and Flight of the Phoenix. She did a decent job in the 'Starter Wife' TV mini=series, and I understand she did a good job in the TV series remake of 'Rake', but I haven't seen that yet. I liked the original Australian 'Rake' so it will have big shoes to fill. I can hardly keep from laughing when I'm at a crosswalk waiting for it to flip to walk, and someone comes up and hits the button after someone else has just done it right in front of him. Anyway... I digress....

[Edited on 03/14/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I agree with Arveleg's assessment of Ms. Otto's performance. She was okay.

I don't recall seeing her in any other films so I can't comment on her abilities as an actress.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email