Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
rebb88
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What makes you cry?
on: September 09, 2003 09:26
Ah man, seeing bitter-sweet and sad moments in movies. Like in Armageddon when Grace's dad was telling her that he couldn't make it back home because he was going to sacrifice himself to save Earth and ugh, I cant stand watching that part. Its such a bittersweet moment. *sniff*
I also cried in that part when I saw the movie. I remember when I was a little girl I cried in the Lion King when mufasa died. It was so sad. I cried when books are sad too. :cry:
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2003 02:04
Ah man, seeing bitter-sweet and sad moments in movies. Like in Armageddon when Grace's dad was telling her that he couldn't make it back home because he was going to sacrifice himself to save Earth and ugh, I cant stand watching that part. Its such a bittersweet moment. *sniff*
I also cried in that part when I saw the movie

Ahhh!! That was SUCH a sad movie! And when she leans on the screen and yells, "Daddy!" Oh, I was soooobbbing!

And that book..."A Time for Dancing" about two best friends coping with one of them getting cancer. And "Where the Red Fern Grows" was traumatizing. I had to do an oral report on it for school...I almost didn't make it through the paper.

"Tuck Everlasting" (the movie makes me cry more than the book)

"My Dog Skip" I didn't speak for about 3 days after I saw this movie. I thought if spoke, my voice would crack and I'd start to cry again. (I agree with Rivka on the animal cruelty).
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: September 10, 2003 11:38
Onions.

Onions totally make me cry.
Steorra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2003 04:18
I cried just this morning. They were having a Sept 11 tribute on the radio and they played "God Bless the USA" and I started crying. :cry:
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: September 12, 2003 11:00
Onions.

Onions totally make me cry.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I took a couple cooking classes in high school and a few times the recipe we were making used onions. Everyone in the room would be in tears. HeHe!

More seriously now, things that are unfair make me cry.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 01:55
mm... about anything. Sometimes I cry when I feel alone and when I'm angry. Well, most of the time when I'm angry. Here's a poem I wrote last night at about twelve. Enjoy~

The rhytmic beating of my heart,
The howling wind at the door,
my eyes flicker in the light of fire,
and my knees drop to the floor,

I try to forget, the tears are so great,
my breath is trembling,
my hands, they shake,
I cannot force my breaths,

That night so long ago,
I shake my head in ache and ire,
I remember so clearly the newfallen snow,
And the chill of my desire,

The shadows, the demons,
Spirits following my every move,
Their beady eyes roaming through my soul,
my heart breaks, no longer whole,

I flee, leaving no trace,
but the breath from my lips, the cringe on my face,
The spirits danced behind me, full of glee,
Tonight is the night! To the death of ye!

Their hollow voices wrap around me,
I quake and I stumble,
the wind picks up to a dull rumble,
My tears freeze on my porcelain cheeks,

I stoop over and break to a run,
Sprinting for stars, breathing for sun,
I no longer wish to be so alone,
I want my love, I want to go home,

The road fades before me,
This feeling I know.
There lays my body, still frozen in snow.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 06:36
*shivers* that was a wonderful poem Lady~Culin! i try not to cry about much, even when I'm really sad or angry.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 09:00
oh yeah. I forgot a BUNCH

*tragedies portrayed in a painting
*when I dump/get dumped by a boyfriend
*Idiots in general
*The Chinese Food man (Long story.. but to make it short: I ordered chinese food and I just watched a movie about a stalker, and anyway, he came to the door. And he asked me 'Want Fuk?" ((actually, he had a chinese accent, so he was really saying 'want fork?')) and I was so scared I cried for hours after I slammed the door in his face)
*Sad endings to a great story (Ever read Tears Fall like Rain in the Totally Tolkien Section?! SNIFFLE!)
*People that eat beef. I am a vegatarian
*Irish Fairy Tales... omg.... banshees are so sad.
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 03:09
Just saw the John Ritter special on ABC with the cast from his show "8 Simple Rules..."

Definitely got all choked up seeing his "daughters" from the show crying during the interviews. I can't believe he's gone.
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 05:39
Culin, you always have impressed me with your talent.

Okay, I have realized something else that makes me cry, being away from the one(s) you love. :cry: :cry:
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 10:24
The end of Gladiator.
you know, where that one guy burries those little dolls of Maximus's and he says, "now we are free"
geez:cry:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 03:17
That part is so sad! :cry: I cried at the end of Dragonheart, too.
QueenPirate25
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 05:17
What makes me cry?...
Well, romance really, and when something really sad happens.
1. I cried during Win A Date With Tad Hamilton. Almost through the whole last half hour. He had been trying to hit a bullseye in the bar for the longest time, and when he did he went to tell Rosie, and she was there kissing Tad Hamilton. That part made me so sad. Another part that made me cry was when he told her that he loved her, and she just said that she had to pack. Then she was like "I'm sorry" and he was like, "Yea I'm sorry too" Then she almost lost him by even getting on the plane to California. I love that movie a lot.

2. I cried during the Return of the King. If you think I am a total idiot I understand, but that movie really made me sad. Especially when Pippin sang that song. It was a very sad song.

3. I cried at my Graduation. I knew I was going to, but I felt so mu ch worse when I got there. Hardly anyone cried, but I did. I didn't feel stupid at all because I was not going to see anyone for a really long time. I mean there were people that I loved in that class, and I am never going to see them again. There are some that I see on occasion, and it is awesome. There are a few that I see all the time and that is totally aweosme, but there are others that I haven't seen since the night we graduated and it is sad. That is why this event made me cry.:cry:

4. A lot of Disney movies make me cry. They just have their moments. Not all of them, but quite a few like Bambi when his mom dies. That made me so sad.

5. When John Ritter died, and I was watching 8 Simple Rules...it made me so sad to realize that he was gone.

6. When someone in my family dies. I know everyone cries when someone they know dies, but when you are really close to that person then you feel like something in you died too, and it really sucks!:cry:
Dazed
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 05:38
I cry at silly things. When real sad things happen I'm always the strong one who doesn't shed a tear, but then, on the other hand, I cry at things which make no sense whatsoever.

I cry at books and sometimes films, usually ones nobody else finds sad. I always used to cry at The Lost Boys.

I very often cry at songs, Pearl Jam's - Black gets me every time. But then I cry at random acts of kindness from people. I cry when I see one stuffed toy in a shop, left on it's shelf after all the others have been sold. I cry when I see an old couple walking hand in hand along the beach, obviously still totally in love.

I cry at the sea when it's all peaceful. I shed a tear sometimes when I get home from work and the dog goes crazy with excitement to see me. I cry at poems and lyrics, and especially at art. I cry at beauty.

In fact, I never realised how very emotional I can be. Hmm, I may cry now.
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 07:50
I'm not much of a crier. I only cry occasionaly, and it's always late at night when I'm alone. The thing that provokes it is A sence of hopeless - No way out, kind of situation when things get on top of me. It's kinda sad, really. ¬_¬ But I have things that'll make me really upset and I'll want to cry like a sad book or poem or something... But it's really more sad situations.
minuial_gil_estel
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 09:34
I'm an emotional person. So I cry a lot..lol...
Right now I totally understand you GTH! I feel like I'm stuck right now and I feel totally miserable! :cry:

A lot of movies and songs make me cry! Anything that brings up sad memories of childhood/life that kinda thing.

I'm just gonna skip a bunch of stuff and say mostly everything!
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 10:49
I am a very emotional person. I cry at the least little thing. I even cry when I am happy. The first thing that comes to my mind right now, is Treebeard's song in the extended version of TTT.

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves
The dreams of trees unfold
When the woodland halls
Are green and cool
And the wind is in the West
Come back to me (Then he takes a breath, as if he were taking his first breath of Life.)
Come back to me
And say my land is best

I make my own assuptions about the meaning of this song, since I don't know much about it. But, my imagination can make me cry too. lol

Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 11:11
Right now I totally understand you GTH! I feel like I'm stuck right now and I feel totally miserable! :cry:

*snuzzles* Aww, Honey. PM me if you need to talk or vent or whatever, k? I'm a very understanding person. And I'm going through the same kind of thing as well, so yeah. *hands tissue*
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 11:13
Oh, lots of things make me cry...

1) I'm a sucker for crying at Disney movies... :cry: Lion King when Mufasa dies, Monsters. Inc when Sullie has to say goodbye to Boo, Finding Nemo when all the baby fish die, Ice age when they think Diego is going to die & when the baby gets back to his Dad... But the WORST ONE EVER is Bambi... :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm crying now just thinking about it... :cry:

2) LotR often makes me cry... Boromir's death, Aragorn's speech to the men of the west, when Pippin sings, etc etc. :cry:

3) Ok, this one is a bit specific... There's this programme called VeggieTales for little kids (but I watch it anyway), and at the beginning of one of the videos (yes I have the videos, what of it) there's this little girl singing a 'thankful' song, you know, "I thank God for this day, For the sun in the sky, For my Mom and my Dad..." etc., and it shows the children of all the creators of VeggieTales, and then it says "Why we do what we do." That REALLY makes me cry.

4) Most films make me cry, actually. There was this one film I just switched on about a little boy who runs away and joins the circus with his Grandma... It was a really BAD storyline, with pretty much no plot and about a million cliches, BUT then the grandma dies and I couldn't stop crying for seriously like half an hour!!! :cry:

There's loads more as well, which I won't bore you with now. But I agree about the end of Gladiator... When he's going through the gate and he sees his son... :cry:
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 04:14
"Little House on the Prairie"
That show has always made me cry.
I was watching an episode today. The episode where they first come out west. I didn't cry until the very end. It was a happy cry though. Mrs. Ingles finally takes kindly to Mr. Edwards. :cry:
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 05:53
Listening to the words to, "Into The West". I cry my eyes out :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:. Almost every scene in ROTK. I'm eather crying over the sad scenes or the happy ones. I can't wine for lousing. I'm a wreck when that movie's over :cry:. I don't care how many times I watch it :cry::cry::cry:.
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 12:30
Oh, I forgot one. History lessons. Some bright spark decided for History this year we would do World War 1, The Holocaust and the Hiroshima (sp?) Bomb... :dizzy: :cry: Just to depress us all. Anyway, I keep bursting into tears in history lessons nowadays. Everyone thinks I'm really wierd! And the teacher's like "Do you want to go outside for a bit?" and I'm like "N-no I'm f-fine... :cry: :cry: "
EldarQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 05:06
Oh dear. So many things make me cry. So I'll just list a few recent ones

1. RotK! Well, who wouldn't cry? *sniffle*
2. Aquire the Fire. (It's like a conference for teenagers about how to "aquire the fire" of God!) So many people came to Jesus and that made me cry really hard and really happily. Also, I saw a clip from "The Passion of the Christ" and it was the part where Jesus dies, crushes the head of the viper, etc. and I cried. I felt so bad that he would do all that for me.
3. I'm going to cry when I go to see "The Passion of the Christ"
4. When I feel lonely or I have nothing to do I listen to "The Breaking of the Fellowship" on the FotR soundtrack and I cry. Also I do that with "Forth Eorlingas" and "Samwise the Brave" on the TTT one.
5. Whenever someone else is crying, I have to cry. It doesn't matter what they're crying about, I have to cry too.
6. Really happy things. They make me cry. Especially when there is pretty music to go along with it. *sniffsniff*
AlatarielofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 02:24
"Tuck Everlasting" (the movie makes me cry more than the book)

Me too! I always cry at the end of the movie:cry:

The first couple times I saw ROTK I cried through the entire movie. I'm not quite as bad now, but I still spend alot of time in tears:cry:

Into the West definatly makes me cry

I will cry majorly when I see "The Passion of Christ"

And lots of other completely random things make me cry-moms and babies together, weddings, people will say random things that will get me

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by AlatarielofRivendell]
gothic_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 04:01
Those adverts for things like Cancer Research UK, or the NSPCC, RSPCA or any charity adverts - I always get really teary when I watch those and end up having to walk out of the room if I'm with other people

Oh, and at the end of The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy says,

"But we're home Toto, we're home. And this is my room, and you're all here, and I'm not going to leave here ever ever again, because I love you all. And, oh Aunty Em, there's no place like home."

I'm choking up just thinking about it!! :cry:

Just thought of two more - in Bambi when his mother gets killed *sniffles*, and in Dumbo when his mother's locked in the trailer and she's rocking him in her trunk and it shows you all the animals with their mothers .... my eyes are filling up now *lol*

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by gothic_angel]

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by gothic_angel]
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 06:26
I cried with laughter through most of Freaky Friday.

I got tears in my eyes during most of the poignant, sad and tragic parts of LotR. Most of them have been listed here so I won't repeat.

There have been periods in my life when I've been so depressed and angst-ridden that the least little misfortune would make me hysterical with bawling. I'm not living one of those periods now so I really can't remember when I cried last.
Precious!
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 03:02
I cry quite easily, which is embarrassing! I cry at the end of almost every movie going. I even cried at Legally Blonde 2, and there was nothing to be sad about! I always cry at that and I've never figured out why. ROTK put tears in my eyes, but it's never made me cry fully. Maybe that's because I've always been with people while I've been watching, I tend to hold tears in when I've got company, but when I'm by myself I cry at most things!

Seeing a homeless or abandoned dog always makes me cry too, I go quiet for ages if I see one. Or if someone talks about Cancer, because I had it a few years ago and it's not my favourite topic really.
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 04:03
I can't really say what makes me cry in the books or movies (IRL, when I'm very opressed, of course). I can cry a little for tiniest reason. Sometimes to happy endings. But three times I have cried like Mara in David Eddings's book. Here:
1)Paris Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo - the end was sooo horrible!!! I'm afraid to read Miserables in the case it is as horrible as this one. I started to cry around 100 pages before the end and kept crying after finished.

2) Lilja 4-ever by Lukas Moodyson - this is so desperated and depressing movie that gah! I hate it, I love it.

3) RotK - (though only in the second time of five) Not a surprise huh? Through most of the movie.
rohanmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 10:34
I cried in all three LOTR movies. I don't know why TTT made me cry, but it did. The Last Samurai, Gladiator, and Seabiscuit also made me cry. I cried sooooooooooooooo much when I saw The Passion. That is the most incredible, amazing, movie ever. I sometimes cry when I hear people talking about abortion, but I'll try not to be offensive towards people with different views then mine.
RaeLyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 08:32
I rarely cry when things occur in my personal life since my co-workers and I see enough tears on the job, but movies and songs can get to me; more so if they're happy moments or endings. Like when Prof. Dumbledore gave Neville 10 points, I WEPT! Patriotic songs (both American and Scottish) have a big effect. Christmas movies, regardless what season it is, bring forth lots of damp tissues. And I'll admit that I have the
occasional tantrum when having "one of those days"; my boot
lace broke, I missed the elevator, the cats have been chewing
on the plants, the dogs got into the pantry and found some
chocolate, my lipstick broke from the tube when applying it,
I forgot to put the milk away, I left the dry-cleaning on top of
my car, my briefcase handle broke and they were out of straw-
berry shakes at McDonald's. These things all happened last
Thursday, and I hit 8.5 on the Richter scale.:cry:
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 09:25
I'm not the type of person who just cries at nothing, it takes a lot to make me cry.
here's a list of all the things I've cried at that I remember.
1. It was after 9/11 and my mom was going to take a plane somewhere, I can't even remember where and I just broke down.
2. All the stuff in Iraq. yes. I cried. I cried because of what our world is coming to. because of what those poor people deal with every day. the soldiers. the people of iraq. its just so sad to see all of this happening and realize that this is not fake, this is real, its happening to real people with real familys.
I just wish I could give mistah bush a peice of my mind...
3. 9/11. nuff said.
4. ROTK.
the only movie I have ever cried in was ROTK.
When I get REALLY mad I might start to cry, but most of the time I'll scream. I'll cry at real life issues but not too much at soaps or movies.
Thats just not the way I am.
~Mar

[Edited on 25/5/2004 by ~One_of_the_Dunedain~]
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 12:15
I was a MESS when I watched RotK. Especially at the end.:cry:
Whenever we have our moments of silence in our salute to those who died in Sept.11, the tears will just start coming. It was such a tragic day.:sob::sob:
Memorial Day too, next Monday. I have to participate in the salute for those who died serving our country.
Cpt_Leeembas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 12:22
Getting bathroom and kitchen sponges thrown at me. :cry: i have an extreme fear of them!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 06:27
*sniffle* seeing friends break up. Movie, non-movie, book, hearing about it, rumors, anything... that's a tear jerker for me, cuz it happened to me. the whole "Merryyyyy!!!---" scene hurt to watch
people messing with my stuff-- if I don't get mad, I get teary about it. *is confused*
friends talking about hurting themselves. cuz, I dunno, most of us do it, just a little, (y'know, the masochists?), but... I hate hearing my friends talk about it
--this one's wierd-- reading LotR and seeing bits they put directly in the movie make me sit there and whimper. not quite tears, but whimper-cry.
People taking control away from me. I am me I am in control. Usually just of me, but when people mess with my stuff, when they lie to me, when they joke about stuff I don't like and can't control... that hurts...

And, of course, when I get really really mad, I cry. I sob, and sniffle, and scream, but I cry most of all.
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 08:01
Loneliness.
(sigh)

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email