Register

Author Topic:
RivendellMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What makes you cry?
on: May 27, 2004 11:21
I cry at movies a lot.

I cry everytime I watch Titanic, Steel Magnolias, Lion King (when Simbas dad dies is so sad :cry almost cried several times watching ROTK. Cried pretty much on and off all day on Sept 11, and I was pregnant at the time to so that made me cry even more. Still cry when they have memorials and stuff for Sept 11. And I cry when Me and my husband get into a argument or fight.

Jenn
Dúvenêlien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 12:45
I cry in movies and books. It's quite a regular occurence in my household to see me sitting on the lounge with a book and tears streaming down my face.

Some things I'll only cry the first time I see/read them, but some I will still cry no matter how many times. And some I'll cry about just by thinking of it.

I get mocked quite a bit by my friends for crying in the movies...
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 04:33
i can be quite an emotional person, but for some reason i hate people seeing me cry, i only allow my best mate to see my, and i even hate my mum seeing me cry! I guess its because i want them all to thing im this really strong person who doesn't let things get in my way, but i do! I'm silly!

I cry at movies especially..someone else said the Last Samurai made them cry, it hit a nerve with me too that bit at the end, i still hear that gun in my head now and ROTC, i was crying even at the unsad bits! :sob: Aramageddon, first time i saw that i was in floods.

I cry at things when i see people do something really brave for example, i watched this documentory about this boy whose skin just kept falling off (sounds really trivial i know) and his life was a misery, but he still managed to smile, he couldn't do anything, he was a prisoner of his body and his mother had to give up everything.

The thing that makes me cry the most is the news, sometimes i see things and it just upsets me so much. Sometimes i get this overwhelming feeling of being trapped, all this work, exam stress, general worry over life and growing up that makes me cry quite often. When ever someone tries to comfort me, it makes me worse, if someone hugs me that it i'm off :cry:...i have no idea why, i do try and constrain myself, but i can't!

[Edited on 28/5/2004 by Lady_of_Lore]
Ranewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 11:08
I've never openly cried at a movie or anything (thank God, cuz I am not a pretty crier)
i can be quite an emotional person, but for some reason i hate people seeing me cry, i only allow my best mate to see my, and i even hate my mum seeing me cry! I guess its because i want them all to thing im this really strong person who doesn't let things get in my way, but i do! I'm silly!

This is me too, except I'd rather noone see me cry. My family has a couple of times, but not my friends, I don't think. Also, I'm kinda expected to be the cheerful one always.

There are a few things that made me tear up though.
*Phantom of the Opera, lol this one's prolly just me
*When someone yells at me or is disappointed in me...that is a surefire way to make me sob :sob:
*When Harry Met Sally... - one of the best movies ever!!
*You've Got Mail - at the end in the park
*Jerry Maguire - yeah, the "you had me at hello" and "you complete me" thing got me too, I admit it
*Titanic - I didn't care about the main characters at all, Rose and what's his name, but when they showed the steerage mom reading to her kids...:cry:
*end of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - I think this one got every fan prolly
*There's a couple of songs that bring me perilously close to tears: I Love You This Much by Jimmy Wayne and Me and Emily by Rachel Proctor :cry:

Yeah, thats all I can think of....except sometimes when things are going really badly and I can't handle it, like during AP testing this year...

[Edited on 6/29/2004 by Ranewen]
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 02:41
I don't cry easily and hate crying in front of people,
But here's a few things that make me cry:

Hearing sirens.

Watching thoroughbred horses run.

Disney movies: I cried at "Dumbo".

Certain music brings tears to my eyes; I could list quite a few here, but definitely the sound track to LOTR.

Springtime when the leaves come out on the trees. (We have loooong winters where I live). Seeing any beauty in nature.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 01:32
I'm very easy to hurt and to touch. I cried through a msn conversation with one of my closest friends last night, i just foudn out that my favourtie aunt has cancer and since I hardly talk to my parents about what's hurting me and I never, ever let them see me cry (dont know why) I talked to her. She just stayed so sweet and patient for a few hours and I was ( and am) just so happy to have her! That in combination with the cancer thing made me shed tears for an entire evening.
DinenGlamor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 09:26
Crying? Hmmm. Well, cried at the end of RotK, obviously, but hardly ever cry at movies. Have cried during a few - maybe 5 - books, and they were all really, really sad. I'm most likely to cry from utter frustration, when I feel completely inadequate but I have loads to do, but I only ever cry alone.

Oh, and sometimes I cry to practice - I do quite a bit of acting, and it's a useful skill :cry:
QueenPirate25
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 06:53
Quite a few things make me cry. It is kinda pathetic I know but everyone could use a good cry every once and a while.

1.Everytime I watch "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton" I bawl my eyes out for like the last half hour of the movie. It is really sad.
2.When Belmont is not here and I am thinking about him. Which is always:love: but still. I miss him when I don't see him
3.When I am listening to love songs, and I just think about how great my life is going, but those would be happy tears.
4.Everytime I watch Simon Birch:cry: That movie is like the saddest thing ever.
5.When I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The end really made me cry.

I can't think of anything else right now.

[Edited on 2/7/2004 by QueenPirate25]
elvenelegance05
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 05:22
OMG at the end of ROTK i cried fer like a half hour !!! and like all the songs from LOTR made me cry especially Into the West, and May it Be!!!
and when i see any animal die i cry!
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 02:00
Shrek, and Shrek 2, believe it or not. Gahh... I went to see Shrek 2 yesterday and I was sobbing the whole way through... Well, that's a lie. I stopped for at least ten minutes to cackle at Puss in Books "Puurrr... He sounds dreamy" and Puss in Boots puppy dog eyes, and, oh yeah, Puss in Boots attacking the guys in armour at the end. Ye gods, I love that cat!
And LotR. I thought I was able to watch Boromir's death without crying now, but I watched it again the othe day and began to sob again. I always cry when I read it.
Hmmm... What else? Everything, basically, save pain for some reason. I sliced open my finger the other day and began to laugh. I did that when I dripped burning plastic on me too.. I'm strange. Oh well.
Yeah, I cry when people have a go at me. Even when it's the teachers. I cry when my friends (who are going out) have little (or big) arguments. I cry when my friends hurt themselves, or people in films hurt themselves. I cried watching Lilo & Stitch (but that's because Lilo is so much like me.) I cry a lot.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 07:42
Knowing that my mom and dad are not always going to be here and they must go someday.:sob:
And the song Inscription of Hope. It's just so beautiful.

I believe in the sun
Even when it is not shining
And I believe in love
Even when there's no one there

And I believe in God
Even when God is silent
I believe through any trial
There is always a way

But sometimes, in this suffering
And hopeless despair
My heart cries for shelter
To know someone's there

But a voice rises within me
Saying hold on my child
I'll give you strength
I'll give you hope
Just wait a little while

I believe in the sun
Even when it is not shining
And I believe in love
Even when there's no one there

And I believe in God
Even when God is silent
I believe through any trial
There is always a way

May there someday be sunshine
May there someday be happiness
May there someday be love
May there someday be peace

The history of this song is sad too.
Gelleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 05:26
Well, I'm very emotionaly sensitive. ..If someone is hurting, emotionally or physically, it saddens me. ..If someone, or something dies(even in a movie), I cry.
...I've cried all my life. ..For friends, for relitives, and now--for the world.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 11:32
I'm really sensitive so I cry whenever I'm hurt.
The views that makes me cry is that I'll be alone, I'll be rejected all the time, I'll be depressed all my life, if some one will be lost from my life and the feeling the you are useless.
Mrs_Boyd
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 11:56
When I get really annoyed about something or upset about something. Or if I feel attacked I'll cry...but its a rarity when I do.
Froli
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 07:12
Oh, gosh! I'm one of those girls that hardly ever cry, not because things don't move me, but because I just kinda feel a little stupid when I cry around others.

But, the movie The Passion of the Christ made me bawl my eyes out. That is the most I have ever cried for anything other than things like death and fights with friends. But that movie was so so so so depressing. :cry: Anyone here that can agree?
Mrs_Boyd
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 07:48
Oh, gosh! I'm one of those girls that hardly ever cry, not because things don't move me, but because I just kinda feel a little stupid when I cry around others.

But, the movie The Passion of the Christ made me bawl my eyes out. That is the most I have ever cried for anything other than things like death and fights with friends. But that movie was so so so so depressing. :cry: Anyone here that can agree?

Oh my God, same here!!!!!! About everything!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 06:09
I cry during movies... and not always the sad parts. Scenes where someone shows extreme bravery, or find out something happy, you know... I also cry when reading. The first book that made me seriously bawl was A Walk To Remember... I never saw the movie.

I also cry when I see an animal thrown out or run over. Sometimes I see something in nature thats so beautiful that I get a little lump in my throat...
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 07:13
But, the movie The Passion of the Christ made me bawl my eyes out

That makes two of us! I cried so hard at that movie. I still don't want to watch it again...

Lets see.. the normal kind of stuff makes me cry, like death of a family member, if someone hurts my feelings really bad, or teasing I'm not good when it comes to teasing.... But sometimes I'll go weird and start crying over nature, like for vacation I went to Alaska and saw some gorgeous sights that made my eyes water.
Lady_Dreamer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 09:30
I cried like a baby when I saw Passion Of The Christ. That was a powerful movie.
I also cry when I'm sad, scared, mad, jealous and happy.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 10:06
Definitely Good-Byes of any kind...probably when LOTR is such a tear-jerker for me...so many sad good-byes.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 03:19
Thinking about Grandpa, he died a couple months ago, when Sirius died in Order of the Phoenix, and when Aragorn and Arwen kissed in ROTK:cry:
Kyp
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 06:23
The day one of my good friends died in a car wreck. A few days after that. And then whenever I think about him. And for a 17 yr old guy, this is not stuff I like to openly admit.

And also, college level finals... *shudders*

(I'm dually enrolled. Highschool and college)
Rilain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 10:38
I cried at the end of RotK and at the end of the Revenge of the Sith. the movie and the book. I usually don't cry, though.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 07:41
Sad things make me cry and when I am happy I cry. My grandson singing to me makes me cry.
The death scene with Boromir and Aragorn. When Sam talks about the good in the world that is worth fighting for and Sam crying as they are on the rock floating in lava. I am 53 so many things make me cry:cry:
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 12:03
The top 4 things that make me cry:

1. Having a favorite book/movie character die.

2. Seeing hobbits cry.

3. Revenge of the Sith. (So good, but so heartbreaking)

4. John William's Luke and Leia.
ViggoBliggo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2006 11:14
My solitude makes me cry......my life makes me cry.....
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2006 11:49
Saving Private Ryan...

I almost never cry at movie theaters.

The part where Wade confesses to pretending to sleep when his mother came home early from work just to talk to him. I cry like a baby every time. :cry:

Ahem... Er... other things that make me bawl like a baby are:

Into the West

Sirus's death (of course)

Casting of Michael Gambon as Dumbledore.

[Edited on 11/6/2006 by asleepingvision]
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2006 09:59
I usually don't cry, but when I do...movies! And sometimes books, too. My number one being, of course, Lord of the Rings (even in the happy parts!).

I usually cry when I see FotR because I've already seen TTT and RotK, so I know about all the horrible struggles that the poor, happy-go-lucky hobbits will have to endure.

And we can't forget The Notebook.
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 12, 2006 03:36
Extreme Makeover Home Edition!!!!! :love: :sob: :love: :sob:
It gets my whole family!
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 09:19
RotK. Just saw it again yesterday. It gets me every time!:cry:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 09:23
I still cry EVERY time I watch Return of the King. For that matter I cry even when I listen to the soundtrack. The elves leaving ME make me cry, Sam talking about the good in the world makes me cry. Pippins face when he has sung the song to Denethor makes me cry, I cry when the ship comes to take Frodo, and I cry when I remember I am too old for Orlando...but not for Legolas, as we elves dont age.
ArwenEvenstar1992
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 09:49
Titanic makes me cry and when Sirius died in Harry Potter.Also, when i think of Orlando Bloom marrying Kate Bosworth.
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 03:37
Titanic makes me cry and when Sirius died in Harry Potter.Also, when i think of Orlando Bloom marrying Kate Bosworth.

poor baby.... ::gives a little pat on the head::
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 04:41
Certian parts of books, movies, tv shows. Usually during character deaths. The depressing 'holiday' today.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
She_of_the_White_Flames
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 06:12
I'm not a big crier, but at the very end of "The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood" (book) it says "He (Robin Hood) died like he lived, with his bow in his hand and his heart in the Greenwood." that gets me every time! :cry:
Or in "Silver Dreams" (book) right before Will goes into the house of Maureen Fletchly, when he says to Grania "Dinna wait for me luv. Dinna spend your whole life, waiting for a dead man." Then Grania says, "I won't. But when you come back, I'll be standing on the moor." God!!! I always start sobbing there! :sob: :sob: :sob:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email