Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
Post Elrohir and Elladan... Where are they!!!
on: August 17, 2003 12:18
Am I the only one missing the twin factor?? PJ made Arwen a single child and it kinda peeved me... I know they aren't a big part of the books, but still... Elrohir and Elladan were two of my favorite characters. I hope they'll make at least a small appearence in RotK, tho its not very likely. It would be kinda odd, but i at least want them to have their names mentioned... But of course thats just me...

**Part of the We want Elrohir and Elladan comittie**
Este
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elrohir and Elladan... Where are they!!!
on: August 17, 2003 11:16
I agree,it would be very cool to have them in the movie,but as Pj probably will cut out all the less important characters,I think we won`t see them.I miss them too:cry:
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 11:32
I'd love to see Elladan and Elrohir, they are some of my favourite charectors. Unfortuanatly, they aren't that essential to the story (PJ could easily just have the dunedain bring the bannery thing) so they probably won't get more than a mention at the most.
Gwenhwyfar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 04:06
I love Elladan and Elrohir too, though it is hard to say why, because they are not really fully developed characters in the books. All we really know about them is that they were fierce warriors who hated orcs (because their mother was badly injured by orcs) and that they were loyal to and supportive of Aragorn. Maybe that's why I liked them so much! Plus, since they are Arwen's brothers, I've always assumed they were dark haired and very good looking! :heart: The movies could use some more dark and handsome elves, don't you think?

Unfortunately, I think that not only are Elrond's sons out, all the rangers of the north got the axe as well. Besides, after the unexpected, yet timely, arrival of Haldir's Elven Suicide Sqad before the battle of Helm's Deep, it would probably seem too contrived to have another unexpected, yet timely, arrival of Halbarad's Grey Company of Rangers plus two Handsome, yet Mysterious Elves before they go on the Paths of the Dead.

[Edited on 18/8/2003 by Gwenhwyfar]
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 04:13
Can I join the *We want Elrohir and Elladan comittee*? Please?
Annúnagar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 03:01
I don't know why PJ wouldn't include the two brothers in the Grey Company...They're who bring the messages from Elrond and Arwen to Aragorn. And specially Elrond's message is very important...in some way PJ has to include it, although I don't know if it will be with Elladan and Elrohir
Gwenhwyfar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 12:57
Annunagar, I don't think we are going to get a Grey Company at all. There was a shot I saw somewhere (TORn, perhaps?) that supposedly showed the Paths of the Dead, and only Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli were in it. Plus, PJ seems to like to limit the number of characters (no Glorfindel, Erkenbrand, Quickbeam, etc.) so I don't think he is going to introduce us to any new Rangers (much less two hitherto unmentioned sons of Elrond) in the third movie.
Annúnagar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 12:11
What a pity! That's a sad new... I like the Grey Company, with all those rangers, I wanted to see them...
Anyway thanks Gwenhwyfar to inform me about it!

Elvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 03:59
Of course you can join my commitie AEvenstar! I need more members... Any one else like to join??
Legolas{Greenleaf}
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 04:17
Oh cool! I want to join Elvenstar! I would have liked to see the twin factor as well, but it sounds like PJ won't even try to add any new characters to RotK. Which is a pity really. Would have loved to see the Rangers as well.

**Part of the We want Elrohir and Elladan committee**

Peace~
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 06:14
I`d like to join the comittee too
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 07:28
Ohh Me join! me join! *Jumps up and down waving hand* I love them! They're actaully some of my favourite "lesser" Charectors, I've always wished tolkien had written more about them.
Elvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 08:46
WOW! I didn't think so many ppl would want to join! ur all welcomed too!

http://hometown.aol.com/frodosfriend222/myhomepage/club.html

heres a link to a page i made for us!

**Part of the We Want Elrohir and Elladan Comittie!**

[Edited on 20/8/2003 by Elvenstar]
Gwenhwyfar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 12:18
Okay, I want to join too! Perhaps they wont be in the movies, but hey, a girl can dream!

So who should play them?

My vote is for Keanu Reeves. I always thought he would make a great elf!
Legolas{Greenleaf}
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 02:48
Oh sweet! We have our own homepage! Awesome job, Elvenstar!

Hmmm...Keanu Reeves? I think he would be a good elf. Though I can't see him as anybody else except Neo. :blush:

Peace~
Elvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 08:48
Horrible news :cry: ... just saw a pic from RotK from right before Aragorn goes into the Paths of the Dead... There was only Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli! No Gray Company from the looks of things :cry: :cry: I can't believe he's gunna take out the entire company! :angry:
Legolas{Greenleaf}
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 09:02
Horrible news ... just saw a pic from RotK from right before Aragorn goes into the Paths of the Dead... There was only Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli! No Gray Company from the looks of things I can't believe he's gunna take out the entire company!

That is horrible news! It doesn't make sense either.

Peace~
haldir_of_lorien
King of the Dead
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 11:48
That is horrible news! It doesn't make sense either.

Peace~

Actually it does make sense. If you think about it, what the LOTR films be if they had to spend valuable time introducing some boring chacter you have never heard of? It would be a ten hour long *boring* movie. I can see the wisdom of just cutting them out instead of having to develop the characters

~Haldir
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 02:57
Oh, darn, I don't have enough room left in my sig to put in a link!
Haldir_of_lorien, I can see the sense of not having them in the film too but for me, its the little charectors that make LOTR so special. They add depth. I mean, if it was just the fellowship you'd get bored. Theres only so long you can stare at a cetain elf/hoobit/man/dwarf
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 24, 2003 01:20
*******TTT Dvd spoilers!*******

In the ROTK preview there's a bit with the paths of the dead. It's quite a long clip ( acouple of seconds anyway) so you can really see whose there. Its just Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn! That means not only no Elladan and Elrohir but no Dunedain either!:cry:
Elvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2003 02:48
All right... im not trying to brag, but got TTT a day b4 every one else!!!! ok, thats off topic, but now im on topic, PJ says on the preview of RotK (special features disk) that only Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli are going on the the Paths of the dead. He says nothin about the Rangers, and i think he would have mentioned those. Ah well....
Legolas{Greenleaf}
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2003 05:34
only Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli are going on the the Paths of the dead. He says nothin about the Rangers, and i think he would have mentioned those. Ah well....

Well, if they won't be in the movie, then they won't be in the movie. At least they'll always live on in the books.

Peace~
heiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 12:32
...Hey I join the commitee too!!!
By the way...we were all very disapointed that PJ did not put the huorns and the ent-drink in TTT...and it will be on the EE DVD....so there might be hope for us twin-lovers,...
for the EE-Version of RotK......crosses fingers!!!
Periantari
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 05:13
It'll be really cool to see the twins and the Rangers from the North and I am disappointed that PJ will not include them and would only have Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas... i think it would've been really cool had he filmed another set of Riders riding out to war and doom...

i'll join the committee too =)
PiPpiN_LucK
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2003 08:05
No Elladan and Elrohir? That's terrible! Well at least this way nothing interferes with my own mental images of them. I want to join the comitee too!!

**Part of the We Want Elladan and Elrohir commitee**
Yano
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2003 09:37
*hands out "We want Elladan and Elrohir T-shirts , flags, jammies, etc.*

I also like Elladan and Elrohir. They're very interesting characters, plus they're hot! But, at the same time I also agree with them not in the movie, because they would complicate things as well as they're not really needed.

Think of it this way: if they're not in the movie, then they will always look just as you imagined them, as well as you won't have to share them with as many fangirls who see the movie and agree that they're good looking. (they're not called "tall, dark and handsome with pointy ears" for nothing)

Actorwise, I suggest Jonathan Rhys-Meyers to play them (even though they're not coming...). As a longtime fan of Matrix, having Keanu Reeves play the twin sons of Elrond would be really wierd!

AND there's a cute fic here http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=973238 about little twins.

see how I didn't drool or anything in that whole big post? *is very proud of herself*
(and now I think I'm off to CF for a very long and well deserved swoonfestl)
Ithiliell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 07:42
Ooh! I'll join the committee too.

Though, I think it is probably best that the twins aren't introduced in the movie. I mean no disrespect against PJ, but look at how some of the other characters have been done--Faramir is a power-hungry soldier that would stop at nothing to get the One Ring, Haldir is very arrogant and doesn't even introduce his brothers and the *elves* show up at Helm's Deep. Maybe it's better this way. I don't know if I could live through seeing another beloved character portrayed completely opposite of what I pictured.
ladylirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 04:59
Well I just got a look at the smiths who reforge Narsil and no twins there. I wanted them in sooo bad! Can I please join the committee?
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2003 12:28
Can I join? Love the El-twins!:heart:
Elvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 08:43
You guys roc! Everyone who posts in this forum (and if you know sum1 who likes the twins but doesn't post in the forum) is aloud to join the committee. I think we should rename it tho, since the twins rnt in the movie. Any suggestions?
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 03:18
Nice try. But I do not think they will be n the EE. For wether they should be introduced or not, Aragorn is riding with just Legolas and Gimli to the Dead City. Not with Dúnedain Rangers, not with the sons of Elrond.
I agree with some others that it would take too long to introduce them all, more new characters. I would not mind, just as most of you I think, but there are people who are dizzy by the amount of characters already :dizzy: and I cannot blame them.
Perhaps, they can be seen in the coronation scene (this is only an interpretation, not a fact), standing behind Elrond. But I am not sure about that.
Miredhel_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 05:05
...after the unexpected, yet timely, arrival of Haldir's Elven Suicide Sqad before the battle of Helm's Deep, it would probably seem too contrived to have another unexpected, yet timely, arrival of Halbarad's Grey Company of Rangers plus two Handsome, yet Mysterious Elves before they go on the Paths of the Dead.

I have to agree with that. It would be too many Convenient Elf Helpers. But I say it with a broken heart... I had hoped to see the twins, who I'd always liked a lot (my brother teases me for falling in love with all these minor characters, like Glorfindel and Erkenbrand). :love:

I WANNA JOIN EVENSTAR'S COMMITTEE!!!! *goes to put it in her sig*
ladylirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2004 05:30
Yah, I keep hoping that I might see a random pair of identical elves. At this point I'm desperate enough that I wouldn't even mind if they were blond! Oh well, at least I can imagine that the blond elf standing behind Elrond is Glorfindel. *goes to pout.*
LuthienErchamion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2004 08:46
I was told they are at the Council of Elrond AND in the FOTR Extended Ed. DVD in the Rivendell Parting Scene.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2004 05:11
Elrohir and Elladan... Where are they!!!
The sons of Elrond are where the Dúnedain Rangers are... not in the movie. There is no mention in any of the movies that Elrond has any sons, but for a brief glimpse of dark-haired elves at the Council of Elrond who may be them. No, In PJ's vision, there are no sons of Elrond. Only Arwen, obviously in the name of femininity.
...after the unexpected, yet timely, arrival of Haldir's Elven Suicide Sqad before the battle of Helm's Deep, it would probably seem too contrived to have another unexpected, yet timely, arrival of Halbarad's Grey Company of Rangers plus two Handsome, yet Mysterious Elves before they go on the Paths of the Dead.
Yes, elves at Helms Deep are what PJ sees, not the Dúnedain and the Sons of Elrond. Why this part of the story was changed has to do with the fact that Arwen was going to initially appear at Helms Deep, but was edited out from helping Aragorn and Gimli up the wall on the rope.

Oh, as for the whole 'Taking too long to introduce characters' line... They easily could have used a few seconds of precious black-screen time.....

I hold hope that the extended DVD will fill in some things, but much is un-correctable.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email