Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sam's Final Speech
on: April 23, 2005 08:30
The speech has to be one of my favourite parts in TTT. It was soo moving, and shows how wise Sam can be. Not only that, but for me, it definitly hinted at his Braver side, as it shows that he knows the full scale of the situation, and is ready to handle it.. *sigh*:love:
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 10:26
I love that part:love: but the meaning is too simple >>>
It is only about the classical good and bad fightings and journey that there is no assurance of coming back
But anyway, I really like it... and it didn't made me cry but it's too touching and for us to be encouraged like in the state of Frodo, means, its alot of help:heart:
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 03:43
I thought it was good.
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 06:52
To me that speach touches the very heart and soul of Tolkien. I was very suprised they did not lift it directly from the book. Tolkien knew the importance of stories, regretted that his people (The English) had no strong mythology of thier own, and was trying to create the kind of story Sam's talking about. If I may say so, he succeeded. LotR is
the kind of story "that stayed with you, that meant something."
hollyhynes
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 05:59
I absolutely love that scene!:heart::heart::heart::heart:
I can't watch it without crying though! That's because I thought his words were so meaningful & Sean is a natural at saying heartwarming speeches! This one & Mikey's speech in the Goonies are my faves!:heart:
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 05:41
I really love the music in this part. It really pulls at the heartstrings.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email