Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
Post Tarnost to Fornost (TT) -- please post here first
on: October 19, 2003 09:05
This thread is the continuation from "The Numenor Escape" which is nearing its end in the TT forum and is set in the years after the end of the War of the Ring.

A council at Rivendell has decreed that now, in this age when the last of the elves are leaving Middle-earth it must be the task of those with Númenórean blood to lead the way. Lord Elrond appoints Rilaisseth, heiress to the Stewardship of the North Downs, to be a messenger and spread the news of this among her people.

But there is trouble in Middle-earth: renegades are forming gangs and raiding parties to plunder villages and towns and the North Downs are beset by these men. Ewen, second son of Lord Aubrei of Tarnost, volunteers the help of his men to his love, Rilaisseth, to combat this threat. This thread will begin as they go south from Rivendell to Tarnost (located on the northernmost point of the hills between the rivers Ringlo and Gilrain in Gondor), passing through Edoras and then crossing the White Mountains. We intend to make the southward journey quickly, since we can't think of anything much to do during it , but you can join whenever you like, during that.

Some things you should know:
~This thread will move FAST. Myself and Macilie~Undomiel are addicted enough to post several times a day, so if you can't post often and don't like threads moving on without you, this may not be for you!
~There is going to be a lot of romance in this thread, in a soap opera kind of way. If that stuff makes you feel sick, run screaming now, but if not stick around for lies, betrayl, heartbreak and, later, civil war (yeah, I know it's not romance...)
~We'd appreciate it if people will pay attention to what other people write and write in a bit of detail. It just makes the thread more fun.
~If you want your character out at any point, please write them out! It's such a pain when people just vanish .

Anyone who wants to join, post away, and check out Ewen and Rilaisseth's character profiles!
Kiss

[Edited on 5/11/2003 by Faramirs_first_kiss]
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
Post RE: Tarnost to Fornost (TT) -- please post here first
on: October 20, 2003 02:38
Yeah! Well, said indeed Kiss. I'm Rilaisseth's owner...and yes, we do tend to post several times a day. One thing to add though, this thread is fairly planned out...mostly planned that is, and we'd like it if you'd pm us if you have an big ideas Otherwise, definitely post here if you think this is for you! We'd be glad to have you join us...
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 06:17
Hey I was wondering if I could join? I'm not sure what character to use so if you could take a look at mine and give me your opinion that would be great thanks!
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 08:01
Hi, it'd be great to have you on board! As for the characters, I'd like to keep to a realistically small number of elves since the thread's set when they're leaving Middle-earth, so one of your men would be good. Eliant seems quite like Ewen and Mîriel like Rilaisseth, and Sirion would fit in well too. The twins are cool and it might be interesting to have some of the criminal class in the company, but since we already have a character called Raen (played by KatHeiman) it might be better not to use him, to avoid confusion! You could use Maethor too, if you wanted, since Éomer and Ewen have agreed an exchange of skills. So that's Eliant, Mîriel, Sirion, Levi or Maethor. Hmm, haven't really narrowed it down too much, have I? Well, I'm glad to have you with us, anyhow! Let us know who you decide to use.
Kiss
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 08:33
Can I join? I'd be playing Vana, of course, and I think I can keep up with your flights of imagination...*grins*
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 11:17
Hiya! May I join also? I would be playing Presscot again. I can't wait to start this up!
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 12:01
Ok well lets see... to help me choose I'll just ask you a couple of things and then it might be a bit easier!! Emmm... do you want a criminal character or would someone else fit in better with your plans? Would you prefer a male or a female? Oh and if you have any preference as to who I would use as you have this fairly planned out let me know as I don't mind which character I play! Well after that I think I should be able to choose!
KatHeiman
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 02:40
Halloooo! I'm Raen's 'owner', so to speak... She'll be joining this thread as a close friend of Rilaisseth's. In RoR (which is kind of the prequel to TNE), Ewen speaks to Eomer and arranges an exchange of skills between Rohan and Gondor. This means that Raen (who is a blacksmith) could go to Gondor, and a person from Gondor (probably a saddle maker or an armorsmith) would come to live in Rohan for a time. So she'd leave Edoras with them on that pretence. So sue me, I'm a tad bit obsessed with things seeming as normal as possible

Well, anyhoo, Eomel's going to appear near the end of the thread. Tee hee, I can't *wait* until the civil war bit..... that'll be fantastic.

This should be pretty fun! I can't *wait* until it gets started. I, too, will be able to post several times per day, and given the opportunity, I will write long, detailed posts. Well, I'll see you all in the forums!

Kat

[Edited on 10/21/03 by KatHeiman]
KatHeiman
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 04:33
Arwen, I like your Maelthor character... he sounds like he'd be good to go with this thread. If he's looking for his sister and is always looking for an opportunity to travel, then I think this little journey will suit his needs.

I'll be gone this weekend and the next, with no opportunity to post at all, so if it gets started this weekend I won't post at first. See you all soon!

Kat
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 09:04
Cool! Ok I'll use him then!
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2003 07:03
This looks Wonderful!! Adventure, romantices, and everything YAY! May I join? If so may I be my character Alexandra Kowen? If you have enough people or whatnot I do not mind either
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: October 23, 2003 08:41
Great, welcome on board everyone who's posted, old faces and new! The Numenor Escape is nearly over so we should be starting soon, but I probably won't be able to post for about 48 hours Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and I'd hate to miss the beginning! We'll have to see how it all goes... This thread is going to be so much fun!
Kiss

[Edited on 25/10/2003 by CarolP]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 05:36
Well..seems The Numenor Escape is about to end.So,I'll continue into the second part with Lethran,an Elf.But I consider him more like a rebellious Elf,such as,refusing to leave Middle-Earth Yet.And well,Gamlin is gone .But it sounds like fun,and Ewen and Lethran can meet each other again,and let's hope no arguements start back up!

[Edited on 26/10/2003 by Eldarion]
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 08:30
Well, I'm glad for all you people who are to join us! I'm afraid you'll have to find your own bits of fun while Kiss and I go back and forth with our 'soap-opera'...hehe. And Eldarion, from what I've heard, Ewen is not very fond of Lethran...but I'll let Kiss decide what she wants to do there, since Rilaisseth could care less...Anyway, see ya there!!
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 08:53
Yep.That's somewhat the point of having Lethran in it,to make the thread a bit more interesting by having a little fued going on between Ewen and Lethran.Or that's at least what I'm assuming.
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 12:58
Indeed! Watch the sparks fly, everyone. It really will be a soap opera... The thread may start any time after Wednesday. Stay on your toes, because it may come when you least expect it...
Kiss

[Edited on 27/10/2003 by CarolP]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2003 11:37
I just made my post in TNE, and it looks like that thread is about to end, and the start of Tarnost to Fornost should be starting soon. I suppose once everyone posts on TNE, TTT should start( don't mind my abreviations, I just don't feel like writing them out...). Well, I'll see everyone there..
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: October 30, 2003 02:48
Hey I just wanna let you all know that I'm going away tomorrow and I wont be able to post till wednesday - just in case your wondering why I'm not posting!
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 01:03
Okay guys, there it is: Tarnost to Fornost has begun! The company will head south on the west side of the Misty Mountains then through the Gap of Rohan to Edoras and south, crossing the White Mountains and following the road to Tarnost. The journey will be quite quick as far as Edoras, purely because we can't think of much to happen then, so if at any point it gets slow, feel free to move the thread on somewhat. If you have any ideas for the thread, just post here, especially if you can think of anything for them to do while they're travelling. Perhaps we can write the journey the way they show journeys in films, with a few short scenes from different points along the way to give the impression of time passing and to show the mood of the company and the relationships between its members. At points, this thread is VERY scripted and we'll give you more details closer to the time, but for now let's just see how it goes.
Kiss
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 03:44
Hey I'm back! I just read the beginning and it sounds amazing! Em I'm guessing that I'll join when you all reach Edoras?
Estel_Envinyatar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 07:47
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: November 05, 2003 09:39
Arwen_Undómiel_22, if you can think of any reason to have your char join before then, you're more than welcome, but hopefully it won't take us too long to get to Edoras at any rate. I should probably explain about the previous post. Estel is a buddy of mine who will hopefully be joining this thread soon but right now she's having a teeny problem with her computer (can't actually type anything in the post box) so I assume she's posted just to let everyone know she exists! Great to see you!
Kiss
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 05:23
Yeah!! It's finally here!! Well, I posted later last night...and today I'm actually quite bored...hehe, got out of school to help clean house So, I won't be /that/ bored. This shall indeed be a fun thread and I'm soooo excited!! Lol, so I'm a tad bit hyper today:dizzy:
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 05:32
Yes!! Its finally started! I will be posting later on in the day. I don't have school for the next six days because of a teachers convention/Veterans Day so i'll be around. Talk to you all real soon!
Alatar_the_Blue
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 11:18
Argh! I'm late! I was wondering if I can join this thread, returning as Alatar... Sorry I've not posted in a while, I've been pretty sick. Anyway, I'd love to join!
elfy_one
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 02:33
Hey! I know w few of you (Mac, Kat, and of course Kiss) From other threads and I was working out a way with Kiss on how to get my Char into the thread so. I will be joining in a bit after some of the other stuff is done but yah! I just wanted to introduce myself. I will be plaing my new char Aorelind Brytta the Rohirric/Gondorian Ranger. Her profile is not yet finished in my effort to conclude my research but feel free to check out my charcters. all of them are undergoing construction but the most finsiehd is Gwendollyn Lothestel. Well, Laters!

~Elfy

[Edited on 11/7/2003 by elfy_one]
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 09:59
Welcome to the thread, Alatar and Elfy, it's great to have so many familiar faces here. I can't wait until this RP gets going, but for the next fortnight or so I won't have loads of time to post. I've just posted again and I haven't really moved the thread on because I want everybody who's leaving Rivendell with the company to have the opportunity to post before too long. We're still looking for things for the company to do on their long journey to Edoras, though, so if anybody has any ideas, let us know.
Kiss
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 10:57
Hey all! Just posted for the first time in the thread, and am looking forward to what comes next!

Vana

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by Gilraen]
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: November 19, 2003 09:46
Sorry we've slowed down so much lately, today's the first night of my production of "Oklahoma!" and I've been rehearsing til heaven knows when every night for what seems like ages! Hopefully I'll be able to post on Saturday or at least Sunday but Mac, if you want to give it a kick then you could write Ewen in (now that you two are so well acquainted just don't try anything, or I'll set Ril on you!)

I've posted here rather than the thread because I'm not sure what you guys want to do about timing. In reality it'd take them about 3 weeks to get to the Gap of Rohan from Rivendell, but we can speed it up if you like. I just want a general consensus before we do that. We've got about two more things to happen before they get to Edoras (please don't start the first one while I'm away, Mac) although if you're in a hurry they can be combined into one. All the same, it shouldn't be too long until we get there.

I really love this thread, you're all really great writers!
Kiss
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: November 20, 2003 12:26
*Large maniacle evil laugh* Mwhamwha!!! Alright...just kidding...sorry Kiss...no evilness...I promise. It was Ewen's fault!! Oh well...I got Eomel now anyway...hehe. Eep, sorry guys, inside joke, you would of had to be there

Anyway, I'm off to post...I think...though what to post...*taps fingers* Ah well, I'll think of something. I'm in a terribly happy mood today...so let's hope I can write poor sick Ril Well...see ya in the thread!! And don't worry, Kiss, we'll wait for you

[Edited on 20/11/2003 by Gilraen]
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: November 20, 2003 10:00
Right, we seem to have had some MAJOR confusion over timetabling, so I've run this off. It's about a quarter of the length the journey would take realistically, but it's still long enough to be convincing. If anyone has any problems with it, let me know, but otherwise let's all try and stick to it. We're at the night between day 2 and day 3 now. This timescale should give us the opportunity to get our characters to talk to one another, which just didn't happen during TNE!

Day 1) The company leaves Rivendell and Rilaisseth has her hallucination
Day 2) The company spend the night by the Sirannon (Moria gate stream)
Day 3) The company cross the River Glanduin in the morning
Day 4) The company go west around the forest in Dunland
Day 5) The company meet the North-South road at about midday
Day 6) Following the road, the company come to the Gap of Rohan by nightfall
Day 7) Late in the day, the company cross the Fords of Isen
Day The company pass Helm's Deep in the morning
Day 9) The company come to Edoras at sunset

Kiss

[edited because I realised I'd missed out the number two when I was naming the days, which was just guaranteed to confuse everyone, and to clarify what happened on day 1. I might stick a new bit in if something major happens on any days]

[Edited on 27/11/2003 by Faramirs_first_kiss]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2003 11:25
Good idea Kiss. I imagine it'll make things much easier. But, I'll be gone till about Sunday so we'll be about at Dunland or so when I get back. I'll see you all soon enough.

~Eldarion
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: November 21, 2003 05:25
Thankies, Kiss...though I pretty much guessed the timeline anyway, it's nice to see it on site Anyways, Eldarion, no prob while you're gone, nothing will happen I don't imagine anyways. Mind you, if no one has posted when we get back though, don't just assume we moved ahead a day or two...just stay in the same day until Kiss or I decide to move it on...it's too confusing when one person thinks it's time to leave and the others think they shouldn't leave yet. Hehe...it'll make things much easier on all of us

Mac the Obsessed
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 06:35
Whoa Kiss, thanks for making a timeline! It’s definitely going to help. I never liked threads that don't take the right amount of time to get to one place to the next, I’m all about writing realistically. This thread is so exciting, I'm glad we have time now to let our character talk to each other! Talk to you all later!

Gee
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: November 28, 2003 11:03
They're under attack! Okay, this is just to let everyone know what's going on. They're being attacked by a largish (about 30) group of orcs, but nothing a bunch of big strong chars can't handle. Hopefully we can have some fun with this fight, because we can't think of much else to happen during the journey... Ideas still welcome! Anyhoo, please do not end the fight. Our little plan needs about ten orcs still standing, so please don't kill them all off or make them retreat.
Kiss

[Edited on 30/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email