Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Lamora's Calling (free for all) [Abhorsen RP]
on: February 23, 2004 10:57
Mogget looked up from his fish. " Hey, I thought you could use some help. Your mother is the Abhorsen. You can use any assisstance you can gettmljfjd." The last few syllables were lost inside the fish. Lamora still looked angry.
"I hate to say it, honey, but Mogget is right," said Lirael. "Dreams can be quite significant, you know. And this encounter you just had only reinforces that. Something ancient is rising, and what's worse, I don't know what it is." Lamora looked up at her mother, alarmed. Lirael had always seemed like she could handle anything. Now she just looked vulnerable, muttering something about a dog.
Lady_Of_Lorien_89
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 10:22
(sorri i can't do this role play anymore can you do something to get kairi out of it or you can be her i don't mind i'm relly sorri but i'm going to malaysia for a month and i don't think they will have computers there!)

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 02:23
(ooc: Have fun in Malaysia!)
Kairi pushed away from the table and glanced at the door. She quietly slung a bag over her back and moved towards the river. By way of message-hawk, she had contacted the Clayr. She did not feel safe here, nor did she feel she'd find what she was looking for.
"Where are you going?" This was Lamora, looking up from her conversation with her mother.
"I thank you for your hospitality, and for helping me with the Qarrick. But....duty calls me back to the Glacier. This was actually true. She had gotten a response saying that there was trouble in the library, and they needed her help. So, she walked out the door, stepped into the boat that was waiting for her, and sailed away.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by eldir]
Lindelena
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 08:14
Kairi's abrupt leaving left Lamora rather started, but she accepted it and turned to her bigger problems: her dreams. Her mother obviously knew little about them, as she had many questions.

"Have you any idea who the creature is...or was?" Lirael asked, rather cluelessly.

Lamora said nothing, but nodded. After a long pause she said: "Mogget knows too. He knew from the start."

Mogget pretended not to her, continuing noisily on with the consumption of his fish.

"Mogget," Lamora said dangerously.

He looked up from his now unrecognizable meal and sighed. Then he noiselessly padded over to the table, lept gracefully upon it and sat, looking nervously from the Abhorsen to her daughter.

"You would have known too, Lirael, if I hadn't kept my mouth shut. The night---or perhaps the night before---of the Binding and Breaking of the Destroyer, I nearly told you an important secret. That Chlorr of the Mask, in her years of Life, had been the Abhorsen." He let the words sink in.

Lirael, quite astonished, let her jaw fall open, but said nothing.

"You see Mom, I saw her," Lamora said, her voice wavering at the memory. "Without her mask. I saw her die, too. I saw Sabriel kill her."

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by Lindelena]

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by CarolP]
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 11:01
"Well, now that this is all out in the open, what shall we do?" asked Mogget. He was feeling productive. "Obviously, something has to be done about Chlorr. She can't just be allowed to roam around freely, now that we know she's still in operation. Worse, she seems to have some kind of connection to Lamora, and might possibly hurt her." He looked around the table, hoping someone would have an answer.
Lindelena
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 01:34
"Yes," said Lamora firmly, taking an Abhorsen-like air. "Personally, I don't like to be tortured in dreams by the Greater Dead."

Lirael nodded fervently. "With good reason."

"But you see, Mom, I don't know how I can stop this. We can't go into my dreams, can we?" She deliberately pointed this at Mogget.
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 10:58
"Well....." Mogget glanced at Lirael, who nodded. "Actually, there is a way. It's a Charter-spell you've probably never heard of. You say it before you go to sleep and the names of people you'd like to take with you. However, it's quite dangerous. If you dream the wrong dream, you can end up there. if you die in your dream, you die in real life, or you can get stuck in your dream." Lamora frowned. "Well, if that's the only way...."
"It's not," said Lirael. "But it's the quickest."

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Lindelena
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 12:42
It was Lamora's turn to do the alternating glancing. She looked from Lirael to Mogget. Afraid to ask what the not-so-easy way was, she nodded nervously.

"Okay, then. I am willing to take the risk. I am most likely to get hurt by Chlorr in my dreams than by attempting to enter you guys into it."

Lirael looked doubtfully at her. Mogget gave a cough. But Lirael spoke with firmness.

"Yes, we'll do it," the Abhorsen said. "Not tonight, but tomorrow. I am incredibly exhausted. Five Stilkens in Belisaere."

Lamora looked at her in disbelief. "How did they---"

"Get there? No idea. I don't want to think about it. They're finished...their terrorizing days are over. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the garden to read."

Lamora's mother promptly left, waving at the sending to clear her plate. Mogget shrugged, hopped down from his perch on the table and trotted out of the kitchen. Lamora remained, thinking about everything that had happened over the past few days.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 10:49
Mogget leapt from the table and began to circle Lamora's legs as she too rose. "So....I am coming with you?" he asked. "And, if I am, can I assume my true form? Please?" Overall, he preferred his catlike form, but a shape change would definitely be refreshing. Although...Chlorr was a powerful Free magic entity, so maybe...
"Never mind," he said."Well, about that whole true form bit. I'm still going with you."

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Lindelena
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 09:25
Lamora looked at Mogget fondly. "Of course you're coming with me...I will definitely need your help. But about your form...I don't know. Yrael is dangerous, Mogget. It--you--almost killed Sabriel, more than once."

[Edited on 16/3/2004 by CarolP]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email