<< First2223242526
Author Topic:
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Suggestions for the site?
on: January 04, 2010 09:53
Hello!
To start with, I would like to congratulate you for this wonderful site.
Well… I have some suggestions that will make the members of the community know better each other. I know there are already the Realms and they are, I must admit, brilliant. However, I had an idea of creating sort of families. I made a possible plan for this idea so I can explain you better.

Plan

There are 15 families of base. Each family must have a name. We can have families with every kind of race such as elves, humans, dwarfs, hobbits, and so on…
Everyone who wants to have a family must choose a race.
My first idea is to every admin who wants be the founder of each family. Each family has to get their slogan, their rights and duties, and can be competitions to the flag and the crest.
We can get married or not, it depends on the person. However, the founders of ach family must marry someone so they can adopt someone.
To get married you must know the woman or the man and the man must ask the woman if she wants. Only if she accepts they can get married. There must have a registration of the marriage so it can be validated. People of the same sex can’t get married neither adopt anyone. Close related can’t get married, such as brothers, parents, close cousins, etc. If a man of a family get married with a woman of another family, they belong to the two families, although their kids only to the family of the father.
To adopt someone you need to be married. The couple has to agree to adopt. For that person be adopted there must have a registration for he/she can be in the family and use the family name. The founder of the family has to be warned that someone is new at the family so he can give the welcome
If someone is inactive for more than 6 months without a good reason, he/she is banned from the family.
If someone wants to create a family, he/she can do it, but it must have to be approved by admin.

What do you think of it? This is only the idea, you can change, add or remove some things.
I really wished to have a feedback of this idea. Even if it’s to say that it’s impossible to do it.

I’m sorry for my bad English. I’m Portuguese so it isn’t the best.

Thank you for your time.

Ella.
LotRWraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2010 11:37
I think an iPod dictionary app my be help full for people who want vocabulary on the go
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 21, 2010 04:49
I would like a thread in this forum for brief gereral CoE-related questions one may have. I have one from time to time, and don't really know where to post it, as I feel it's not important enough to warrant an entire thread for itself. I came across a 'Little Questions Answered' thread on a few other forums, and believe it might be a good idea to have one here.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
evenstar7
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2011 10:07
I HAVE AN IDEA.
I think a 'home page' or 'news feed' type deal could be really cool...kinda liike the whole Facebook idea. THat way, people could post questions, comments, ideas, posts, pictures, art, ect.
I just think it would be a good, general way for everyone to talk about their favourite books and movies!

Cheers,
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2011 03:42
I don't know if this is a closed board or not, but do you think you could change the Caption Contest at LEAST once a month?

~Frodo (the Second)
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 16, 2011 04:13
Maybe you should address this request to the humour admin (Merides) whose domain this is, Frodo~the~Second? I'd put it a bit more politely (without the capital letters), though, because perhaps she has her reasons for not changing it (perhaps she's waiting for the caption comments to get over 3 pages, I don't know)..
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2011 05:16
Thank you. Sorry if I sounded rude. I tend to send messages that sound a different way than I intended. I have a very bad habit... I'll try to be more understanding.

~Frodo (the Second)
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2011 01:39
I would like to see a RSS feed from our news board. I know a place I would show it at.

The forums have remained unchanged for a long time, too, so I would like to see an upgrade in that. Just a little visual tweaking, maybe so that the boards won't stretch page wide.

[Edited on 8/6/2011 by Lorienel]
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 08, 2011 04:54
Actually, quite recently the forums were redesigned. If a particular thread is stretching extra-wide it may be because someone posted an overlarge photo or has an over-wide signature (in which case, please PM me so I can handle that).
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2011 06:24
Well, Opera is my browser, if it has anything to do with it.

But RSS feed would still be much appreciated. I really like the news around here, they mainly tell anything really worth mentioning, without the junk.
PeregrinGuardoftheCitadel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2011 01:43
I suggest that to make CoE more known, we put up flyers around town wherever we live telling Lord of the Rings fan to join CoE and connect with other members of The Fellowship of Lord of the Rings. We need all Lord of the Rings fan unite and join together as one! We can't let Lord of the Rings fade out! I want to get on here every day and have it say 'three hundred memebers online'.
If you like my idea, please pm me before putting it to use. I have more ideas.......

~PeregrinGuardoftheCitadel, aka Charlie Pace, aka Elizabeth Swan, aka just me
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2012 08:44
I think a really great feature would be favorite lists.

For example, I would want to favorite images in the Gallery and Humor section and recipes in Last Homely House as well. In other words, we could be marking our favorite things in the entire site, without Facebook or Twitter.

I would also appreciate if we could choose whether the favorites list is private or public.

[Edited on 2/1/2012 by Elainiwen]
Pimpernel_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2012 06:55
Ok, I know that CoE is a site for LotR and having fun.
But I was thinking that perhaps it would be fun if a section of the page would be devoted to "help for homework". I mean, there are a lot of nice intelligent people on here, and there are a lot of students/pupils (what's the right term? :s) too. So if the fellow ringers helped each other with solving the homework it would be a wonderful way to get to learn as well as to get to know each other better.

So what do you people think, would it be a nice thing to do?
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2012 11:02
I also suggest allowing more characters in gallery comments. I've seen plenty of people using more rows for delivering their points.
Lathron-Suiadan
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Suggestions for the site?
on: March 26, 2012 09:41
Hello,
Being a newbie, I would like to say just how enjoyable this site is, and it appears to be fairly comprehensive in the subjects that it covers.
I have noticed various sections that have taken my interest and intend to explore to my hearts content. One section, which my partner was interested in, even gave suggestions as to how to decorate your home to create an elven haven.
May I suggest a separate section that would compliment this; namely one on Middle Earth Archticture styles!
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2012 05:35
I have a suggestion, for newbies they might have a hard time finding things around the site. Why not give them a search bar on the main page?
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2012 08:44
I have a suggestion for the Single Player Games on the Chatbar.It's called Kigndom Rush,and it has a lot of stuff that remids me of LOTR. It's on this website called www.a10.com I think it would be worth checking out!XD
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2012 05:08
I was just wondering, what happened to the e-cards?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: April 17, 2012 06:34
The e-cards will return, this site didn't have the ability for them but they will be back.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2012 05:10
Good, thanks
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2012 11:25
oh btw llliana (i think thats right), its also on kongregate.com which also has a lot of other fantasy games and rpgs, plus like ALL the other flash game genres. it was started by the GameStop stores so there's like literally millions of people on there.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2012 09:11
I just had a random thought. Would it be possible that for every thread you create in the forums if someone posted on it that you would get a PM or e-mail? That was just a random thought off the top of my though.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: July 02, 2012 10:08
When you click the subscribe at the top of the thread (dark green tab on the right of the page) across from the pages list you are suppose to get an e-mail whenever someone replies to the thread. However, it hasn't yet worked for me.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2012 10:28
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well so much for old ideas.
Hurion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2012 10:48
I heard there used to be a interactive map here I think it would be cool if we could have that once again.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2012 06:50
The Avatar pool would be nice to have again.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2012 06:11
I had a random idea, what if we had a CoE app? Perhaps one htat would notify of new topics and stuff like that. I didn't develop the idea very much. It was just a thought
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2012 08:00
RSS feed buddy! Though that could definitely be improved, as anyone who uses it will know.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2012 10:23
True, I forgot about that.
pv
Council Member
Send Message
Do you think it would be possible to move the off-topic/non-Tolkien book discussions from the Palantir to the Book discussion forum? (Because the crowd at the Palantir is more into media, and the crowd in the book forum is obviously more into books.) Just a thought
http://monstersandcritics.wordpress.com/
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I know what you mean pv but this is a Tolkien site after all. There is already a topped thread in the Palantir for book recommendations; to do your idea justice would require a separate forum for books so that each book could have a thread, and then people would want a movie forum, music forum and so on. Unfortunately I don't think that would be appropriate for this site, but who knows?

Meanwhile we will have to do with making threads in the Palantir.
pv
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I understand. But sometimes, one is not sure where a topic would fit in - for instance, I thought of discussing different treatments of the Arthurian legend. This is not strictly a Tolkien topic, so I didn't know whether to put it in the Palantir, the Green Dragon Inn or the Book forum. Sometimes, if you're discussing an author's work, you need to look at the stuff that influenced him, or the stuff that he influenced. Beowulf & Arthur don't really belong in the media forum, but neither do they qualify as Tolkien book discussion. Tolkien's "Arthur," for instance, is just a fragment, but the legend was one of his important influences. The Beowulf thread was one that was moved from Vaire - I actually moved it from there to the Palantir at first, but the moderator there (Lady Celeborn, I think it was) moved it to the book forum because she said people mostly discuss media in the Palantir.
tarcolan
Send Message
pv I would suggest you contact cirdaneth to see if she would allow such discussions. If not I will ask staff if a new forum could be made in the Palantir. Cross fingers.
pv
Council Member
Send Message
As the book forum is clearly for the discussion of Tolkien's work, it probably would not be appropriate for Cirdaneth to allow a general discussion of stuff like the Arthurian legend of Seamus Heaney's Beowulf. But perhaps the site staff could think about widening the scope of it, to include Tolkien related book discussion, as well?
tarcolan
Send Message
Yup, agreed. Tenuously Tolkien.
<< First2223242526
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email