Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The High Road, Dangerous Paths to Take(see ooc and post there to join)
on: August 17, 2007 10:57
"I agree wholeheartedly. THey are in no condition to travel and a permanent camp is an excellent idea," Rodwen said. She patted Rochar's neck for comfort and sighed. She felt a little tired herself, she had not slept since when. She could not even remember.

She looked around, assessing everyone. All of them were strong, brave, and dedicated she could tell. Hyldo and Bregiell were really hurt and needed the rest. SHe noddd to herself, it was a good decision.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2007 01:27
Bregiell seemed upset. "But Norannu, Rodwen, they need us! The elves called to me, they wanted help. Your husband said he'd wait, but how long can he last?" Bregiell said frantically.

But she soon found herself to be very weary and she laid down, though she kept worrying about the elves. Hyldo looked sadly at Bregiell, she was worrying herself sick.

"We won't stay too long. I'll be able to move soon." Hyldo lied. He didn't want to stop, not when he knew his daughter was sensing trouble.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 31, 2007 09:21
Färynel nodded in agreement with Norannu. "A more permanent camp is not a bad idea, but I would think that it would be more to our health that we move down the slope of the mountain to where it is milder. The thinning air will not help much, and to be perfectly honest, I am not a cold weather elf, I prefer warmth to chill." She didn't put in her two cents' worth of advice about the dreams for Färynel though along the same lines as Norannu, and she felt a darkness of some sort looming over them.

Unbuckling her belt but keeping it near at hand, the elf leaned back against Brethil and sighed, half closing her eyes. Instinct told her that it would be a while before Bregiell and Hyldo were able enough to continue on. And so she would wait, taking in the sun when it shone and huddling against her horse when it was not.

A shriek alerted her, and again she stumbled to her feet. "Not again," Färynel mumbled to herself. "Who goes there!" she cried, grabbing her sword and holding it aloft.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2007 12:18
Rodwen jerked to awareness, her eyes wide and looking about. She stood and grabbed her sword, standing hidden by a bit of their cover. She was prepared to fight if necessary, her whole being tense with waiting. "Farnyel. what is it," she asked in a whisper, her voice barely audible.

Rochar had opened his eyes from sleep, agitated at being woken so. His tail twitched but he immidiately tensed, hearing something. He wasn't sure to think friend of foe so he waited for the Elves to determine that fact.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2007 05:36
Hyldo woke when he heard concerned voices around him. He could see even the horses were on edge. His eyes immediately fell upon Bregiell and he reached out and grabbed her good arm and pulled her closer to protect her in case of danger.

Bregiell was sleeping, but she was very uncomfortable, and her dreams were haunted with the voices of the elves calling to her and pleading with her to help. They kept gripping and pulling her wounded arm and she cried out, trying to get away.

Hyldo held her gently, but he could see the distress on her face.
"Bregiell, what's wrong little one?" Hyldo whispered.

Bregiell moaned softly, but she couldn't wake, she was too exhasuted. Hyldo checked her arm and made sure her arm was wrapped up nicely and he kept her close to keep her warm.

"Something seems to be wrong with Bregiell. Her sleep seems haunted by evil dreams." Hyldo said. He sounded very concerned.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 04:57
Färynel stood to attention, her senses alert. Brethil whickered uncertainly and held his head in the air, nostrils flaring. The shriek pierced the air again, and Färynel stepped forward, eyes trying to see through the mist that began to envelope them. "Who goes there?" she repeated wildly.

Blue eyes peered through the mist and stared reproachfully at the group. They were set in a pale face, surrounded by thick, raven-colored hair. Pain shone from his eyes, but they were also angry. Like a specter, he emerged from the fog, tall and lanky. He held a sword in one hand and his other was held up against his chest, from which the dark-red of blood showed through a white tunic. He was wounded badly, that was for certain. Behind him was a dapple grey stallion, proud and slender.

An elf, she thought, putting down her sword and staring at the figure intently. Both had seen hard times, the elf and his horse, and when he spoke, his voice was hard and bitter, but tired also. "What have you done with them?" he asked, his eyes meeting Färynel's directly. "What have you done with them?"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2007 09:33
Rodwen looked up sharply when she heard the Elf speak. She lowered her sword a fraction, but she did not put it away completely. She soon decided otherwise and placed it in its sheath with precision. She looked up again and stepped up to Färynel's side, looking at the Elf.

"What is it, waht did we do with who? Please, what is it you speak of?" she asked, looking to Farynel. "He needs help, just as Bregiell and Hyldo need it."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2007 10:11
OOC: Where is everybody??? If you don't wish to continue please post in the OOC I created so I know and can find characters....it's lonely in here, all alone....
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 11:31
(sorry I've been gone for so long)

Hyldo looked up. He was holding Bregiell in his arms, trying to keep her warm. His wounds were healing, but he was still sore. He was mostly worried about his daughter.

He looked at the elf and saw the pain in his eyes. "Mellon nin! What trouble has befallen you?" Hyldo asked the elf. He could see horror in the elf's eyes.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 10:04
OOC: I have given up all hope, and quit checking in here...yay!!!:hugs: Sorry, little over excited there
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 07:02
Färynel lunged forward and caught the strange elf as he fell. He weighed against her arms as if he were nothing, and his breathing was shallow. A cry issued from his throat again, and he clasped Färynel's arms. His pale eyes were open with fright, and his grey horse was trembling as he followed his distraught master.

"He needs help," Färynel cried, hauling him with her into the light of the fire. He was too weak to fight her grasp, and he collapsed against her helplessly. He was handsome in a haunting sort of way, Färynel noted, detached from her own mind. She whistled for her horse, and Brethil clambered over, causing his saddle bags to hit his flanks.

Taking a flask of water, she heated it over the fire and wet the hem of her cloak. She stroked his hot forehead and muttered soothingly, "Mellon nin, what is it that troubles you? Is there any aid I can give you?"

He let out a sharp gasp and replied in a strong voice, "They have gone, they have gone. No one can find them. Gone as the mist on the coming of the sun. Gone!"

Färynel sat erect, cradling his head in her lap. "Who is gone?" she asked sharply.

But the elf refused to answer. Fear crossed his sunken features again, and he began weeping uncontrollably. The lady elf leaned over him and held him tightly, wanting to help him but not knowing how. "I know not what we can do for him. What do you suggest?" she inquired of the others.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 07:48
Hyldo laid Bregiell down on the ground and made his way over to Farynel. He looked at the poor elf, but he wasn't sure what to do. He could heal, but his skills were not as good as the elves that accompanied him.

But more than anything he feared that this elf had come from the prisons that had bound the elves he tried to rescue. Gone...did that mean all the elves were dead, if indeed this elf came from there.

Hyldo leaned close to the elf. "Please friend, just answer with a nod of your head if this is true. Are the captive elves dead? Is that what you are trying to tell us?" He asked.

Suddenly Bregiell opened her eyes. She could hear people talking and turned her head to see her father and Farynel and the others with an elf.
There was something haunting about that elf. She shuddered.

"Father....who is he?" She asked. She slowly sat up.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 08:22
"What happened?" Rodwen asked as she approached the Elves and Hyldo, standing off a ways. She stood and went to her pack, pulling out a few herbs and some water. She handed them to her and stood back, not wanting to be too close.
"What can we do for him? These wounds are serious and we still have to reach the othes, if in fact they still exist."
Her tone was flat and held little or no hope of finding the remaining Elves at all, or at least alive. Rodwen sighed and sat down on the slope away from the others and looked out over the land. It was all to desolate, empty and cold, they were the times she hated most, when the land fell barren.

[Edited on 23/1/2008 by Elfalas]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email