Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The High Road, Dangerous Paths to Take(see ooc and post there to join)
on: May 20, 2007 09:53
Norannu was now in the thick of things. His sword slashed left and right, felling an orc with every stroke. Those who escaped his blade were inevitably crushed by Celebiel's hooves. Suddenly Norannu felt a blinding pain in his arm, and his hand went limp. He had the presence of mind to keep hold of his sword, but his arm would not obey him. he wondered where his companion Podroval had gone. But there was no time to worry about that now. He lashed out with the strength that was left in his arm, felling the orc who had cut him.

Suddenly, all was silence and peace. Norannu slipped off Celebiel and walked over to where Bron was still mounted. he helped her down and laid her on the ground. Her breathing was ragged and shallow, but he thought she would be fine. He sat down beside her, and began to see to his arm. After a moment he turned to her.

"i am sorry for my harsh words. I was angry at you, but more so at myself. I should have kept a closer watch on you. Were it not for me, you could have been kept from making such a foolish mistake. Do not mistake me, for it was indeed a most foolish act, but I would thinnk myself a poor teacher if i did not stand by you, and help you right your mistakes. You proved tonight that you have great strength in you, young one. Le vaethor veleg. You are a great warrior. Now, i believe this would be an opportune time to begin the next stage of your training. i am wounded, and the cut will require treatment. but let us wait until our companions return. with fortune, they are both unhurt, and have seen off the last of those beasts. "

[Edited on 20/5/2007 by IthilionofMirkwood]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 11:38
Rodwen rode back into the camp, covered in orc blood and reeking of it. She sniffed her dress and made a face, dismounting Rochar much less gracefull than she did the rest of the time. She sat down wearily by the fire and sighed, holding her head in her hands. She had come back with Farynel and she saw her rest as well. Rodwen looked over, not at all suprised to Bron there, looking worn thin. She had seen her in battle and admired her courage, something that would be useful in many years to come. it was then she felt something warm and sticky flow.

She felt around her body, then felt the source. An arrow had hit her shoulder, grazing the skin on the top. She had a cut on her cheek and her wrist had been twisted from an orc grabbing at her, but she was fine. She sighed and got up, grabbing her herbs and a clean bandage.

"Ai, I should have paid more attention. Look at this, I turn my back for one second to check on friends and kill another enemy, and by Morgoth's doom another tries to strike me down! Ah well, battle is uncalled for and oft unfair," she whispered to herself.

She hummed lightly and packed the wound with some hrebs after washing it with water. She then wrapped a bandage awkwardly around her shoulder to help stop the bleeding. She then rubbed her face wearily, lying back on the ground. She looked over at Bron and Norannu.

"Bron dear, a word of advice. Next time you feel adventerous or you feel like scouting, let me know. THen I shall give you some lessons on tracking, scouting, and stalking. You can be a Ranger, only you shall be trained by Elves. How does that sound young one?," she asked softly. She looked on Bron with a caring and gentle gaze.

[Edited on 22/5/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 12:00
Bron smirked. "That sounds good Rodwen." Bron said wearily.
Then she looked to Norannu. "If you wish for me to bandage your wound I will do so now." Bron said.

Bron asked Rodwen if she could give her some herbs and bandages to work with, once they were given to her she washed the wound, used the herbs and wrapped it.

"I have had experiance with wounds before." Bron said.
Then she laid back down, her head throbbing. She felt drained and then she began to panic. What if her wound had been poisoned? Was that possible? She had heard that goblins used poisoned blades and arrows, but did orcs?

Bron did not want to seem paniced, but she felt scared.
"Rodwen, do orcs use poison on their blades?" Bron asked, her voice sounded small.
What would she do if it was poisoned? Would she die? Bron had never had a good experiance with poison, she had seen two of her family members die from poisoning.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 12:24
"Of course yrch use poison, they are brutal! My wound was poisoned that I recieved, which I have taken care of nicely. Yes, my friend was poisoned once, not very nice. Particularly since he was shot in a most uncomfortable position. We had to carry him, he could not walk, poor thing. He was shot in his heel, and we had a time trying to remove the arrow. But why do you ask? Wait, you were hurt, and an orch blade, you, wait! Poison! Did none check you for poison?! Ai, stay there child, I'll come to you!," she exclaimed, rushing over to Bron.

She checked the wound and looked at it closely, looking for the tell tale signs of poisoning. Sure enough, she saw the discolouration and she drew in a sharp breath, cursing under her breath. She looked at Bron and smiled faintly.

"Worry not my child. I shall have this fixed in no time at all. You rest there and talk to Norannu while I work, it shal lhelp the time pass quicker then ever, I promise," she said.

She took Norannu by the arm and led him away, grabbing some things she would need.

"I do not knwo why on Arda I did not see it before! She is poisoned, and I may need to get some of the antidote in there deep to help her heal that much faster. I shall need you to keep on talking to her through it, it may get uncomfortable at some point. Im hannon le mellon nin," she whispered, grasping his shoulder.

She then walked back over to Bron, Norannu behind her. She sat down on her heeld by the girl. She placed out everything she needed, getting some water and putting it near the fire to get it warm.

"And now Bron, I am going to tel lyou, this may get uncomfortable at some point, but Norannu is here to help both of us. Alright?," she said softly. She began working at the wound, washing it with water ,then she grabbed a knife and looked at both of them.

"i am going to make a small prick in here to open a vein again so the herbs can seep into your blood faster and help quicker," she explained.

She took the knife and did what she intended, then began putting the watered herbs in the wound. She placed a few leaved of Athelas into the wound a bit further, breaking them to release the juices from them. She then finished off by wrapping clean bandages around her wound.

"There, good as new, or at least you shoulde be give it a few days and some rest. Here Bron, drink this, it shall help you with any discomfort, and it will make you feel better," she said softly. She offered a fwater skin to Bron. It was filled with wine and she looked at Bron.

"Go ahead, one drink mind you. This must last and I do not want you to drink it all, heaven knows what could happen," she jested lightly.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 12:41
Bron gasped and gritted her teeth as Rodwen worked. Tears streamed down her face, she could feel every time Rodwen pushed or poked or anything, and it all caused pain.

"Rodwen....stop, it hurts." Bron whispered. But in moments it was finished. Bron laid back, sweat beading on her forehead.
When she was given the drink she took a small drink, for fear of vomiting it back up, she felt very sick.

Bron laid there silently. Thoughts kept running through her head. She was human, she wouldn't heal fast like the elves.
She would even hold them back from the journey and Rodwen's friends might be killed because of it.

Bron now wished she hadn't gone to fight, she wished she hadn't met them at all. If she hadn't come into their life and their adventure things would have been better off for them.

Bron looked up at Rodwen. "I'm sorry Rodwen. I've made it so hard for all of you. I've only caused trouble, as soon as I'm better I'll head back to Gondor. I obviously don't fit in anywhere else." Bron said. Then she closed her eyes before they could respond and fell asleep, though it was not very comfortable.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 05:58
Norannu sat with Rodwen, holding her shoulders and muttering encouragement as Rodwen worked on her. Her wounds were worse than he thought then. But he had faith in her strength. When RFodwen had finished bandaging and healinh Bron's wounds, he remained by her side, occasionally wiping the sweat off her brow. He remained there all through the rest of that night, while the rest of the camp slumbered, until the first light of dawn began to seep through the trees.

He pitied the girl. She could not have been more than 20 summers old, a mere infant to hhis eyes, and young even by the reckoning of her own people. But what she had said saddened him deeply. She thought herself worthless, a burden to them all. He resolved to show her that was not true.

After a while, Norannu heard some rustling in the bushes, and Podroval came and sat next to him. He smiled and scratched the wolf affectionately behind the ear. "Ai, mellon nin! where have you been? you stink of Orch." he said teasingly, eliciting a playful growl from his companian. Podroval stalked away to the fire and began to wash the orc blood from himself, coughing ocasionally at the foul taste of it.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 07:38
Bron opened her eyes when she heard Norannu's sweet elven voice. She looked over and saw a wolf, and remembered that the wolf was Norannu's friend.

She smiled as she watched the wolf quietly. She still felt weak and ill, but she was beginning to feel better. As soon as she was able to she would leave and let the elves take over the adventure.

Then Bron felt something nudge the back of her head. She looked back and saw Gwenneth's big white nose.
Bron giggled and patted Gwenneth's nose.
"We will be going home soon Gwenneth. I wasn't meant for this kind of travel." Bron whispered sadly.

Gwenneth raised her head and shook her head.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 09:08
Rodwen dropped the shirt she had been repairing and threw the needle down in the dirt. She stood and stalked over to Bron, dropping the her knees beside her. She looked at Bron, then she showed Bron her wound and looked at her.

"Bron, look at this, and look at me. Listen to my words. BRon, you are brave and courageous. No, it may not be the best for you to stay, but then, if you do not, how will you know? You must be daft if you think I shal lhonestly sit aside and watch you leave alone, no others, in orc infested territory. No, you are staying with us, and I am now watchnig over you with my life. You are not leaving us young one, you are too valuable a friend, warrior, and fighter. Look at you, I know some who would have died from those minor cratches you attained simply because they could not take it. Bron dear, you are staying with us, at least until you are better. Then if you are still ni the same frame of mind, you may go, but know this, I shall be losing a good pupil, an aspiring young warrior, and a good friend," she said softly, looking at Bron.

She watched Norannu sponger her brow some and then looked back at her friends.

"And before you ask, no I do not need healing, I shall be fine. Tis only a scratch, nothing more. I promise. I took care of it myself when we first got back. I cleaned it, wrapped it, and treated it for poison, so I wil lbe fine in a few days time," she remarked, seeing them eye her suspiciously when she showed Bron her wound.

She turned back to Bron. "Now you rest and get some sleep, we shall leave when you are well enough to travel, and that time is not now. We shall spend a few hours here and allow you and the rest of us to rest some, for I know it shal lbe welcomed," she said, smiling slightly.

Rodwen picked her shirt and needle up, then continued to calmly sew the jagged rip closed. it looked like the type of cut only a blade could make and the other opening looked as if an arrow had tore it.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 06:02
Hearing Bron's voice, Norannu moved to her side and spoke kindly to her. "why do you doubt yourself? You have more skill than i have seen in any of the Edain in many centuries. It was rumored that the king Elessar, whom you may know as Aragorn, was the last of the great warriors of Men. Knowing what you did today, i have new hope for your people. I beg you to reconsider. Ride with us, and you shall fetch renown beyond any of your kin. Perhaps not so much as Lord Elfstone," here he smiled warmly "but, i deem, plenty to keep your family and friends satisfied for many a year. I have heard you talking to yourself often, but did not like to intrude. You feel useless, without purpose. You feel that noone respects you, because you are not a warrior. I had hoped to change all that, and fashion you into a warrior-maiden to rival Queen Eowyn of Rohan, who slew the Witch-King near single-handed. but i see that is not to be. If you wish to leave, i know i cannot stop you. but know that if you do part from us, i shall be losing a friend that has become very dear to me."

At that moment, Podroval stood and walked over to where they were, and laid his head in Bron's lap, wimpering and staring at her pitifully. hearing this, Norannu looked surprised. "It seems that not even my companion would wish to see you go. He has not bonded with anyone so strongly since i have known him, save myself!"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 07:13
Bron listened closely to both Rodwen and Norannu, she was convinced, but then as Podvoral put his head in her lap and whimpered she laughed.

"I shall stay, I want to become a shield maiden among my people. Maybe I shall be a hero when dark times arise." Bron said with a smile. She hated thinking about having more dark times, but she had heard many people say that evil was rising again.

Bron laid down, she wanted to rest and get better really fast, so they could continue.
"I think it would hurt me to leave you all as well. I would never be satisfied to go home and leave this journey." Bron said with a smile.

Then when she thought of her faimily being proud a tear came to her eye. "My father and mother will surely smile down at me, and be proud wherever they may be. My brother will not recognize me and I'm sure my friends will not know me either." Bron said with a smile.

She had lost both her parents in one foul swoop. During the final attack at Minas Tirith when the Nazgul's came in and destroyed so much. Killed so many.

Bron shook her head, she didn't want to think about that. She had just become happy. She had just found herself a new family.

"I'm glad you all are my friends." Bron said, then she dozed off to sleep.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 09:15
Rodwen beamed when she heard that Bron would stay. She put a hand on her brow when she fell to sleep, then she got up and walked over to Rochar. He snorted in greeting and turned slightly, showing her his side. She laughed and scrtached at the dried blood, then wiped him clean with a damp rag.

"Ah mellon nin, you are liek me I fear. Neither of can stand the feel or smell of orc blood," she said.

He snorted and tossed his head, looknig at her levelly. She smiled and patted him again. Rodwen then sat down by the fire, glad to rest herself for a minute or two. She sighed softly and looked up at the sky, tracing patterns in the stars and predicting the path of the moon once again since she ad watched it rise and set for many nights out of her life. She then put this information to their trek and from there she treid to determine how long it would take them to reach their destination.

She gave up after her eyes began blurring everything together. Rodwen looked around the camp, seeig her new friends she had made. She saw Farynel and walekd over to her, sitting by her side quietly.

"So friend, tell me. What is your story? I have not spoken with you much if any on thsi journey and I apologize whoel heartedly for that. I am honored to have you with us, and hope that I may come to know you better during this little journey we are taking into the northern lands," she said softly. her eyes closed slightly and she leaned back, laying back on the ground.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 07:54
(Perfect spot for me to reenter...sorry for the absence...life has been way too busy...)

Färynel kept her eyes trained on the stars above. The gleaming gems in the ebony backdrop were always a source of comfort for the Lorien elf. She let out a heavy sigh and replied to Rodwen, her eyes still on the stars. "This journey has been rather interesting, I must say." Her gaze flicked to her friend Celetheril, now alone for the three elves that had accompanied him had left. "I have a feeling we may have a long time in which to get to know each other. But as to your question, my story isn't lighthearted, but it isn't that dark either.

"I was born in Lothlorien sometime before Lady Arwen was, not that I knew who she was at that point. But that is besides the point. My parents were slain when I was still quite young in the eyes of elvenkind. I had wandered to Mirkwood, and it was there that I was found by an archer of Thranduil's, Threliach. He took me in as his own and taught me the skill of which he was renowned.

"After a while of living with him, a restlessness entered my heart, and I left him. I fought in the War but for reasons of my own; I felt no allegiance to anyone, and to this day, I do not.

"As for Celetheril, I met him when I went to Thranduil's halls just to have a glimpse of them. He was the guard on duty, and we became acquainted with each other.

"And now, I wander, with no real purpose. Except for now." Färynel looked intently at the stars and continued, stroking the scar above the ridge of her eye. "I am bound to help you recover your friends, as well as for Celetheril."

Färynel's hand strayed to the hilt of her dagger. It was the only weapon of close combat she had for her bow was for long range only. She had been hard-pressed during the battle to defeat any of the enemy, but with Brethil under her, the elf had been all right. Färynel had only suffered minor cuts, the worse one being on her hand. It stung, but there was nothing to worry about.

"And now, mellon nin, what about you? Whither are you from?"

The night sounds reached Färynel's ears, and she lay back on the ground, feeling the restlessness pulsing through her veins. She didn't want to sleep, not feeling any fatigue whatsoever. The night would be long in passing, but at least Färynel would be there to watch over her companions.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 09:09
(Don't worry about it Dinenlasse. It's fine.)

Rodwen looked over at Farynel, her eyes unsure. She wanted to tell her, but was unsure of how to begin. She sighed and looked up at the moon, thinking of what information to share and what to keep. She decided to tell all, for she really had nothing to keep to herself.

"Well, as for me, I was among the last children to be born in Gondolin. my parents were taken to Angband from me when I was young. Then I was taken in by a family who was close to my parents and they had twin sons, Aranor and Arithil. We became close and even closer after my parents died. Well, when Gondolin was destroyed we fled along with Glorfindel. When he left us the three of us wandered into the Misty Mountains and claimed a cave as our own and live there. Aranor and Arithil live there mroe than myself, for I prefer to travel around. We do go into Rivendell to visit and rest ourselves, but for the most part we stay to ourselves in our little area we claimed in the Misty Mountains. That is my story. I have been to Mirkwood, but not for a long while," she said softly, reflecting on her lfie.

She looked thoughtful for a moment, then she smiled.

"I am glad that you are with us now Farynel. I think I may remember you from somewhere in life. Perhaps we met in Lothlorien when I was visiting the Lady Galadriel at one point. Or not, but you seem familiar to me, and now even more so with your past," she said thoughtfully, looking ot her.

Rodwen stood and stretched, her back arching. She grimaced and straightened up. Her muscles were cramped and she was stiff. She walked around for a few minutes, relaxing her body and stretching her muscles out.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 11:11
Bron yawned. She had woken from a fairly good sleep. She saw Farynel and Rodwen speaking, they spoke in Elvish so Bron couldn't understand.

Bron wished that she could speak more words in Elvish, she couldn't even put together a sentence yet.
"Mae govennen." Bron whispered. That's all she knew really, except for thank you.

Bron slowly sat up, feeling a little better since her wound had been tended, and she reached for her pack, she had some food in there.

Bron took out a piece of dried meat and ripped a piece of a bread loaf. Bron munched quietly, watching Norannu and the other elves, trying to catch some words.

After a while Bron pulled Norannu's sleeve to get his attention.
"Norannu, can you teach me some elvish since I am to stay resting?" Bron asked. Now was as good a time as any, she thought.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 07:51
Norannu turned to Bron, and threw up his hands in consternation. "Ai! I had completely forgotten I was to teach you more than swordsmanship. Im naer. And there is your first lesson. That means, 'i am sad' or 'i am sorry.' First, i shall teach you to introduce yourself. When I meet a stranger to whom I wish to be introduced, I begin by saying hello. you already know 'mae govannen', which is 'well met' in your tongue. You can also say 'suilad', which is simply 'greetings'. Then, you must know how to tell others who you are. I would say 'Im Norannu o Caras Galadhon' which means 'I am Norannu of Caras Galadhon'. You would say 'im Bron o Gondor'. If you wish to be more specific, you could simply replace 'Gondor' with the area or village you live in, if it has a name of its own. Now, let me hear you speak."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 10:24
Bron brightened up when Norannu began to teach her some words. When he told her how to introuduce herself, she began slowly.

" Suilad....Im Bron o Minas Tirith." Bron said. She beamed when Norannu congratulated her.
"This is wonderful, thank you Noannu." Bron said. She listened as he began to tell her other small words that could be inserted in sentences.

Then as Rodwen and Farynel walked by them Bron looked up and smiled. "Suilad mellon nin, Im Bron o Minas Tirith." Bron said, remembering what Norannu had just taught her.
She smiled when she saw their reactions.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 01:35
Rodwen was in mid stride when Bron spoke t oher in Elvish. Her jaw dropped and she turned, still in mid stride.

"Suliad mellon nin, Im Rdowen Mirfea o Gondolin. Mae pennen, Bron. Henaich nin?," she siad in return.

Rdowen looked at Bron and smiled, standing in a more comfortable position. "If you are wondering Bron, I said well said, do you understand me? That was an excellent job you did there, I expect the same results throughout your teachings, alrgiht?," she asked, narrowing her eyes slightly, her tone filled with teasing nad her eyes sparkling with mirth.

She laughed and sat down by Bron, looking at her. "My how fast you learn, young one. Bron, if you d onot mind, I would like to give you a name in Elvish, if you would like one. Norannur, what name shall we give our little scholar? I would think something pretty, to match her in my opinion, but what do you think? Farynel? What do you think as well?," she asked, looking around in question. She smiled at Bron.

"That is of course, if you wish to have a name in Elvish. We can still use your name of course, I thought that while we teach you we could give you a name to reflect your personality," she stated.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 05:29
Bron beamed. An Elvish name! She would like nothing better.
"Yes yes! An Elvish name would be very nice." Bron said with a big smile.

She was not sure what the meanings for elvish names were, so she looked at each elf in turn, and waited to see what they would come up with.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 09:58
Rodwen smiled at Bron and laughed. "Very well, I think I may haveto come up with something, then Norannu, and then Farynel. From there you chose the one you like best, alright? Now then, I think I may have one for you, Silwen. Now that means brilliant maiden, which you are. Not only in mind, but also in the fact that you seem to shine at all times," she remarked, smiling at Bron.

She looked over at Norannu and smiled. "Now mellon nin, tis your turn to come up with something. Farynel, then you can, and then Bron, you get to choose. Now this should be exciting, should it not?," she said teasingly, her eyes sparkling.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 05:30
Färynel beamed brightly as the lessons in elvish continued. "If I might be able to add in a phrase, here is one that you can use when someone ever asks you if you speak elvish. It says thus: Pelin pedi i larn edhellen. The literal translation is 'I can speak the elven language.' It can be rather handy, and if you like, when you reach a certain level of competency, I can teach you different commands and such. That is, if my friend Norannu objects not to my aid." She bowed her head in mock deference.

With a smile, Färynel continued. "Another way of introduction is by using nim estannen; that is, I am called. So, my introduction would be: 'Nim estannen Färynel Taurëiel o Lothlorien." With a wicked look in her eye, the elf added, "O man dor tuliel le?" Her smile widened. "What do you think I said, Feärel? Feärel means 'spirited daughter.'"

Färynel gazed at Bron with wonder. For a woman, she was doing rather well with learning elvish, provided most of it wsa Sindarin. Not many had the knack for languages, but perhaps Bron was different.

(If I used the wrong translation of Feärel, then I will come up with a meaning similar, such as 'daughter of a spirit', but that didn't sound right.)
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 04:24
Bron smiled brightly at the names she had heard and at the small lesson Farynel was giving her.
"Pelin pedi...i larn edhellen." Bron said, pausing for only a moment.

She thought about the names that they had come up with, and she liked them both. When she looked at Norannu he still seemed to be thinking.
"What would you call me Norannu?" Bron asked.

(I won't be able to post tomorrow, just so you know)

[Edited on 30/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2007 08:52
Norannu turned, and his brows creased in thought.

"Well, mellon nin, i will have to give this some thought." he was silent for a while, and though Bron knew he could not see her, he seemed to be regarding her intently. After some time, his face brightened. "ah! I have it! What say you to the name Bregiell? In our tongue, that means 'fierce girl'" Bron bristled at the word 'girl' and let a little huff of insult. hearing this, Norannu added quickly, "It is a loose translation, at best. It could also be translated as 'maiden', if you prefer. well, what say you?" this last was addressed not only to Bron, but to the company as a whole "This one has spirit in battle i have not seen among any but the hardiest of Men, and in few enough of those. With but a little more training, and the learning of some patience, " here he smiled kindly, so as not to add too great a sting to his words, "i deem she could become one of the great warriors of the Age."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2007 09:51
Rodwen looked at Bron, then at Norannu, then to Farynel. She smiled at Bron and placed a hand on Norannu's shoulder. "Ai mellon nin, that is a good choice for her. She has shown great courage, skill, and potential. With some work as you said, she could becoem a great warrior. And with metors such as ourselves in this group, I see not why she should become anything less," she said, smilnig at Bron. Rodwen got up and walked to Rochar, who was pawing the ground and dancing around nervously. She whispered to him and stroked his neck, comfortig him. The horse quited some, but he still looked a little harried.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2007 02:48
Bron smiled, she liked the new name that had been given.
"Bregiell, I like it." Bron said with a smile. She blushed at the complments that were given to her by Norannu and Rodwen.
"I do not believe I am very strong, not as strong as the great Lord Elessar." Bron said.

Then she stood, her shoulder's pain had left mostly, which surprised her for she remembered a day when she hurt her ankle and the pain had stayed for many days. How was uit that she could feel well so soon?

Bron knew that she would still have to take it slow, she didn't want to overdo anything.
She patted Gwenneth's nose. "What do you think of my new name, Gwenneth? Bregiell, is it not wonderful?" She said as she stroked her white mane.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2007 11:06
Norannu smiled at the happiness he heard in Bron's voice. suddenly, a great weariness overtook him. he knew that the dawn could not be far off, and he desperately needed to rest. he moved to one side of the campsite, and lay down near the fire. he was quickly asleep, and slept soundly until the next morning

(OOC: i assume it's still night-time, but if not let me know and i'll alter my post. i'll also post in the "how did it come to this?" thread at some point tomorrow. sorry i haven't got to it in a while!)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2007 11:14
(OOC: that's fine Ithilion, we're in no hurry with rping. )

Rodwen heard Norannu lay down to rest. She smiled to herself, then hopped onto Rochar's back. "Come on Rochar, I wish to see where these orcs came from, and how many escaped from us," she whispered.

The horse shook his head and moved forward, keeping as quiet as possible, knowing that was what Rodwen wished. He picked his way carefully, steering clear of twigs, branches, and dead wood. She tracked the orcs without difficulty and saw the group was the same that had attacked her on three other occasions already.

She nodded and sighed, then turned Rochar back to the camp.He stopped at the far side, away from everyone else and Rodwen climbed up into a tree, taking watch and keeping on the look out fro anything that posed even the mildest threat.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 03:49
Norannu's sleep was deep, but it was far from pleasant. He dreamed he was back in the Hidden City in the days of his youth. He saw again all his old friends and his family.

Suddenly his vision changed. The towers and houses of the city were now ablaze. He could hear screaming, and the sound of battle. Yet, he could do nothing. He was powereless to move, and could only watch as he once again witnessed the slaughter of his kin at the hands of Morgoth and his armies. Suddenly, in front of him, there stood an orc. A great, hulking creature it was, with a wicked scimitar in its claws. It lashed out at him, and the world went dark, and yet he felt no pain.

Then, his vision changed again, and he found himself standing in what seemed to him to be a dungeon. At one end of the cave lay a hunched form, its arms shackled to the cave walls by cruel irons, its wrists raw and bloodied. It lifted its head, and Norannu instantly recognised it. It was Gaurhir, the Elf who had been Rodwen's husband, and his close friend. He spoke only two words, but those words shook Norannu to the core of his very soul.

"help me..."

With a sharp cry, Norannu awoke and sat bolt upright, his body shaking and sweating in fear.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 04:56
Bron jumped when she saw Norannu. He seemed to be terrified about something. She quickly walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.
"Norannu, what is wrong? Please tell me, I wish to help." Bron whispered.

Then she leaned close to his ear and whispered, "Avo na achas. Im lin mellon, Bregiell." Bron said. Then she leaned back. She looked very worried as she watched her friend. She had never seen him so alarmed before.

"Did you have a bad dream? About someone you knew? I often have dreams like that. I wish they would go away, but they never do." Bron whispered sadly.
"If you wish not to talk about it, then I understand." Bron said. She sat cross legged beside him. Her face still looked worried.

translation: Don't be afraid. I'm your friend, Bregiell.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 09:44
Norannu shook his head to clear it of the images from his dream, and turned to Bron, a sad smile on his face. "perhaps we should speak of it. it would do me good. But for now, where is Rodwen? i have matters i need to discuss with her in private."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 10:56
Rodwen heard Norannu and she looked down from her perch, worried about him. She knew the feeling to have dreams that haunted, but she did not allow them to bother her any longer. She jumped down nimbly and walked over quickly, stopping by Norannu. She kneeled, placing a hand briefly on his shoulder.

"I am here friend, but I am afraid we shal lahve to talk in the tree, I am taking watch for the night. Come, we can talk there," she said softly, standing up.

She looked around,then climbed up into the tree once again, placing herself bakc on the branch comfortably, her bakc to the trunk, one leg dangling over the side of the branch. She had one arm wrapped around her leg that was puleld up, resting her cheek against it. She looked over, seeing Norannu now beside her.

"Now, what is on your mind? Oft the best place to speak is where you feel the most comfortable, and I for one prefer the trees to the ground. What are these matters we need to discuss?," she asked gently.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 10:49
Norannu scrambled up into the tree after Rodwen, and sat in silence for a long while. after some time, he sighed a,d spoke. "I am sorry to reopen old wounds, but there is something i must know. you say your husband was 'lost'. what did you mean by that? was he slain, or did he simply disappear?"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2007 04:02
Rodwen looked at him curiously. "We were traveling together with a group but we were attacked by orcs. We al lfought but I am afraid very few made it out alive. I lost him in the din of battle and afterward I could nto find any trace of him. So I searched for years for him, but foung him naught, so I simply quit, preferring to be hit with reality and crushnig grief rather than living off of false hope. I have coped with it, preferring to see the good in all situations, no matter what," she said softly, looking over at him briefly.

She leaned back into the trunk of the tree, resting against it. She wished that she had not even thought of it, for it opened painful wounds she tried to cover up. Rodwen shed a tear, one of the first few she had shed for many years. Her breath was shaky and she wiped the tear away, gaining control over her emotions once again.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2007 10:47
Norannu's face lightened at that, if only slightly. "then what i have to say next may bring great joy to you... or great sadness, yet i fear it must tbe told." He told her of his dream, leaving out none of the details he ould recall. When he came to the part wherein he had seen Gaurhir, he heard Rodwen's breath catch in her throat.

"i know not the meaning of this last vision, but i deem it of great importance. I believe that Gaurhir may yet live, if only for a short time yet, and can be rescued. But in my dream, there was a sense of great evil. More than any Orc i have ever faced. i know not what awaits us at the end of our road, but i fear it is a power more terrible than any we have faced in our lifetimes."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2007 01:31
Rodwen stared at Norannu, disbelief evident on her face, as was her tone when she spoke. "Norannu, I, what are you talking about? Evil, we must face, and your dream, could it have been simply that, a dream? I have lived off of false hope for years before I finally faced the truth, he is gone, I am sure of it. But if what you say is the trith, then should we not press on with haste? THere are other ELves of whom we know were taken and we need to leave, at first light I believe," she said softly, her voice shaknig slightly.

She gripepd the branch beneath her, steadying herself, for she nearly fell off the branch. She sighed and shut her eyes, a few more tears slipping down her cheeks. All these years, the ones spent searching, the rest spent hanging onto some hope, yet telling herself it was useless, only to have this information that he could possibly be alive. She felt overwhelmed and yet hope sprang forth inside her, telling her to not let go just yet.

She opened one eye, looking at the night. She caught movement off to the side and her other eye snapped open, looking through the dark. She saw a deer run off into the forest and she relaxed, closing her eyes again and leaning against the trunk of the tree.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2007 10:07
Bron sat nearby, watching the two elves in the tree. She could have sworn she caught the glisten of tears in Rodwen's eyes. What were they talking about?
Bron was very curious, but decided it was best to wait until they told her.

She rose and walked over to Gwenneth again, stroking her mane. "What adventures await us, my friend? I cannot wait to find out." Then she looked back at the two elves. "I hope they have not left me out of their calculations." Bron said with a sigh.

But she knew it was folly to think like that, for Rodwen and Norannu and Farynel were true friends, and they would not bring her so far to leave her behind.
Bron sat down by Gwenneth and waited for the elves to come down and tell what was to happen. Gwenneth nudged her and pushed her forward. Bron giggled and patted her muzzle.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email