Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am honoured, Wolfie

Greycie, Ashes, Cinders, Lady Grey, Moonshadow, Ashley. Pearl, Cobweb, Cinderfur, Gracelda, Greyella, Ellagrey, Smoke, Greybella, Greyzelda, Mewsic
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I think maybe either Cinders, Moonshadow or Cobweb...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
With the help of Mareth, I have picked Cinders. Thanks, people!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Awww, look what some meanie did.

It's definitely a cat, I heard it meow.

I watched a small cat trying to kill a large pigeon the other day. It didn't really know what to do with it. It got bored after half an hour and wandered off for some tinned tuna. I think the fox got the pigeon.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Aww, poor thing! Some people just don't understand that animals are not possessions.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I know, wolfie. It keeps running up to people saying "Look what they did to me! Call the police or something!"
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
I don't think they meant to be mean. It depends on the temperature. In very hot conditions, shaving a cat like that can make a difference in it's comfort, as silly as it looks. Usually the tail, paws, and head are left along, but the rest of the body is shaved close to allow for more air to get to the skin. It should ONLY be done if the animal is an indoor one and the temps are high.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Goodness! It's been a while since anyone posted here. I adopted two black kittens in September (born July 5): the only two males in a litter of nine. There names are Conor and Finbar. In the picture, Conor is on the left and shows his Siamese ancestry more than his brother Finbar on the right.

[Edited on 10/16/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, my goodness, I love them! They must be such a joy. It is nice that they are brothers and they will be raised together. Is one more dominant than the other? Please post more pics as they grow up. They are beautiful...or would it be handsome? ,,,^_^,,,
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Thanks! I will definitely post some more pictures. Conor, who looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, is actually the more dominant one of the two. Finn is pretty laid back. In fact, when I went into the kitchen earlier this evening, he was walking around with a dish towel draped over him. Apparently, he was "playing" and it fell on him.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
E~S, they are beautiful!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I am new to this blog and want to share my sympathy with all those who have lost their beloved pets. I too have had my share of loss.
Mr. Kitty (full name Mr. Gentleman Tom Bombadil Kitty-he was large and needed a long name!)was the neighborhood cat and would come around for a few days about every three months, then after a few years started coming every day! He was a sweetheart. I think he was poisoned, so he had to be put down. However, during the span of time he was with us he met a lovely female cat, whom we un-creatively called Grey, although I wanted her name to be Goldberry. He didn't like her a first, but then something changed and we ended up with six kittens! I'm pretty sure Grey was a pure-breed Russian Blue. Two of her sons looked so much like her, Strider and Gandalf. Strider ended up going with his mother and only sister Arwen (a gorgeous solid black kitty) to my best friend's house. Legolas and Gimli were also twins and I wish I had a picture of them because they are hard to describe! (I think we did take pictures but they somehow got erased from the cameras accidentally.) Anyway, they were tabby, grey with sandy accents. Their faces, legs, and tails were striped but their bodies had more of a marbled, swirled pattern. Frodo I was also tabby and looked a lot like Mr. Kitty, more of a brown and black, except he had white on his belly while his dad really did not. Frodo and Legolas disappeared together and never came back. We kept Gandalf (yes, he did have a bit of a grey beard!) and Gimli, who I think were the sweetest of all six. My Gandalf loved everyone and would rund up to me, so I'd crouch down and he'd jump up all the way to my shoulder and perch like a parrot. Gimli was also affectionate and loved to sit in my lap, kneading me and purring like crazy. Unfortunately, when Gandalf was six months old I found him in the road, and I got a new kitty, Frodo II. This boy became best friends with Gimli and was another brown and black tabby (I think I'm partial to those!). Then Gimli was foudn in the road when he was about a year old, and a while later Caspian was adopted. Frodo II disappeared after a while and never came back either.
Now I just have Caspian, who I think is about five or six now. He's also a tabby, brown and black. I shall try to post a picture or two later on. I love talking about him and showing him off because he is precious.
I also want to share that I've loved cats ever since I learned to talk-my first word was Kitty! And I always look for the lovely black cat at the Prancing Pony Inn when I watch the films!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to Cat Lovers, BlueberryMuffins75. It is always great to hear kitty stories even though some of them are sad.

Now, if I can only figure out how to get pics on here..grrrr..no, I mean, purrrr.. ,,,^_^,,,

[Edited on 10/28/2014 by Lindarielwen]
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!
I unfortunately have not been able to figure out how to put pictures on here yet either!
Tomorrow is National Cat Day if anyone is interested! I plan on taking pictures of my Caspy and hopefully will be able to figure out to share them!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
In order to upload pictures to the site, you will need to first upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket. When you do that, you will be able to get a BB Code/HTML code/URL which you can use to upload the pictures here. Many sites are free, up to a certain amount of storage, which in most cases, is more than adequate. Most sites also have some simple editing tools that you can use to resize pictures, and make contrast/lighting & etc. adjustments.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Ah ok! Thank you so much! Hopefully I can find a free site and show you my boy!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Finally figured it out! Everyone I've seen has such adorable kitties!
Here is my boy, Caspian, affectionately known as Caspy or Honey. He's laying across the clothesline post in the yard. He loves to drape himself over things like this.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Image OMG, too funny! He obviously has a delicious sense of humour.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Such a dear your Caspian is, BlueberryMuffins75. Cats do the darndest things.

I have some good news. My beautiful white cat, Grizabella, crossed the Rainbow Bridge almost a year ago on November 5 and I have spent all this time looking for another white kitten. I had to go to my vet's yesterday to get meds for Cassiopeia and as always looked in the cages in the waiting room..They were all empty. One of the techs saw me and asked if I was looking for a new kitten. I told her I was but have a very specific kitten in mind...a little girl, white as snow. She told me she had one in the back. Okay, the tears start to flow and she asked me if I wanted to see her. I went with her and waited and before I knew it, she returned with the tiniest white kitten I ever saw! Crying more now and that caused the other techs to cry as well. She put the tiny ball of love into my hands and that was it.

I am now the proud mommy of this most beautiful little kitty. She is five weeks old and after a few hours of sleep, she is now making friends with all the rest. They all welcomed her, no hissing or spitting. (surprised me) I am taking tons of pics including one of her using the litter box for the first time!

I will try to post some pics...thanx for the advice on how to do that E~S. I have imgur.com and it seems easy, but I still have to get the pics out of my camera and into my computer....hahahahahahaha
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Caspian is so pretty, BlueberryMuffin!

Congratulations on your new kitty, Lindarielwen! I'm glad you finally got the beautiful white kitty you've been wanting. And yes, do try to post some pictures for us soon. I, for one, would love to see her!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Oh Lindarielwen, I am so happy for you! Your story warmed my heart. That precious moment when you met her must have been made even sweeter by all the months of waiting. So beautiful.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, congrats on your new kitten! I'm excited to see your pics when you get a chance! What a blessing you were in the right place at teh right time and found the right kitten!
& thank you, Mareth Ravenlock; I think Caspy is the best kitty in the world, but of course I'm quite biased!
So, the camera was not home today and he does not like camera flash (can't blame him there!) so I was only able to get 2 pics
Here's the better one:
Also, he did the cutest thing! I have a quilting frame and was sitting on the couch with in on my lap, trying to quilt. Now Caspian pretty much never sits on my lap; he's just not that sort of cat. Anyway, he jumped on the couch and crawled onto the quilting frame and cuddled up for a bit, almost on me but not quite! It was so precious. And no, I was preparing to re-thread the needle so thankfully it was not in the quilt at the time!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
He is adorable and reminds me quite a bit of my Strider. Strider's pics are on here somewhere.

Yes, I was truly in the right place at the right time. I go to my vet's a lot and always look in the cages. I took her (no name yet) shopping with me today. We went in 5 stores and were gone for 3 hours. I have a cloth carrier with a shoulder strap so it is easy to take her in the stores. We went to Petsmart and I bought her pink faery wings to wear next year on Halloween....they are too big for her now...and I let her watch the hamsters, She loved it.

[Edited on 10/30/2014 by Lindarielwen]
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Aw yes! I saw Strider on here! He's very adorable and precious. & that's cute about your new kitty shopping with you!

Oh, something else everyone might like to know is about Caspian's frenemy. So there is a large tree stump in between my yard and the neighbor's yard; I think it's around 7 feet tall or so. Caspy likes to get up there and sleep; he probably watches and tries to catch squirrels, chipmunks, and birds too. Anyway, he was up there on day and I was headed to see him when I noticed another cat on the ground below! I figured they were probably friends and this new cat came right up to me and purred; a very affectionate little guy! I call him a frenemy because Caspy only tolerates him and will dress him down if he does something he doesn't like. A neighbor has adopted this cat and they call him Jack, but I call him Mr. Butterbur, or Butter. So now he only visits every once in a while.
Caspy love dried catnip so we will let him have a pile on the floor so he can roll in it. Butter found out about this and now only comes to get a catnip fix!

If you all get tired of all this crazy stuff let me know! You can tell I love my kitty boy!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
ooh .... a new kitty, Lindarielwen! How wonderful ... Grizabella must be watching over both you and your new baby.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is my new little girl with Captain Jack. She is 5 weeks old and he is a little over 6 years old.

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Aww!!! She is adorable! Captain Jack is a very handsome kitty as well.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Song and also to you Evil~Shieldmaiden for your dear words. Baby Kitty has yet to find her name but I will keep you all posted.

If you look to the right of Captain Jack, you can see half of my sleeping Drago.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Aw! Lindarielwen, your new kitten is totally adorable! & so is Captain Jack & all your other cats!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
ooh .... she definitely looks like a little princess!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Friends of ours have a young male cat which we met the odd week ago. Replacement for their old one (20 years?), sharing their apartment with their (now) older cat and a - what is it? - golden retriever and dachshund mix?
Anyway.
This is a special breed of cat; an American geneticist began crossing in - that's what they tell me! - small LEOPARDS into this strain, at least forty years ago. And they tell me that when he's fully grown, he will weigh about 8 kilograms; or about 17.5 pounds. That's Garfield territory. I'll try to get some pictures of him when he's grown, with objects near him to show his real size. He may be heavier than the dog at full size!

[Edited on 10/31/2014 by Gandolorin]
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! Gandolorin, do you know what kind of cat this is? Is sounds like it could be a Savannah! They are one of my favorite breeds & I really want one; his name would be Elvenking Thranduil. Anyway, the Savannah is a cross between the wild African serval and a regular cat. They are supposed to be really sweet & have more of a dog-like temperament. I've heard they're good with children. However, in the States at least some places have made them illegal; not sure why. So I think that's what this cat likely is. Either that or a Bengal, both equally gorgeous. The Bengal is regular cat mixed with Asian leopard (I didn't know this until I looked it up on Wikipedia!). Here are a couple of links for each cat so you can see their beauty:
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=savannah+cat&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35
https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8pQTL1RUUCIAFAuJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzY2loaDBlBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAMwZTUzZDI0MjAzZTQzMDEzNzAyNjlhNzY0OTBhMTJiNwRncG9zAzEzBGl0A2Jpbmc-?back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3Dbengal%2Bcats%26fr%3Dmoz35%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D13&w=640&h=427&imgurl=1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-4gAR6nSKgJg%2FT97WEklpy9I%2FAAAAAAAAARU%2FX2O-tNprglg%2Fs640%2Fbengal_face_posing_wallpaper.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2F9meow.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F06%2Fbengal-cats.html&size=72.7KB&name=%3Cb%3EBengal+Cats%3C%2Fb%3E&p=bengal+cats&oid=0e53d24203e4301370269a76490a12b7&fr2=&fr=moz35&tt=%3Cb%3EBengal+Cats%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=21&no=13&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11iktv64v&sigb=137mv7s6f&sigi=138assvqe&sigt=10i8p2k4q&sign=10i8p2k4q&.crumb=FdtN5HNrsdu&fr=moz35
Thank you for sharing this! I hope you can get some pictures!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I sure would like to see a pic of that cat, Gando. Does the breed have a name?

My little baby is looking for her name. It might take weeks to find the right one. It is such a joy to have a kitten in the house. She is holding her own with the big kitties...so funny when she prances up to them and they look down to her. She learned to climb up the cat tree today and refused to let me take her pic wearing a pumpkin hat.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Uh oh... somehow Blueberry Muffin your images didn't come out and they stretched the string quite a bit. I'm afraid that some of those won't show up that way. I'm not too good on making images into posts, but definitely yours didn't work.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for letting me know, BelleBayard! Perhaps if you copy and paste the links they will come out? I'm new to using forums like this & didn't really want to put any of them on photobucket to upload them, since they would not be my images. I'm sorry If that doesn't work you can search Savannah and Bengal cats online. I like to use Pinterest for such things.
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email