Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2829303132Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies (and not so new newbies)! I haven't been on here for a few weeks, so this is the first chance I got to say hello. Yes, so again, welcome, and I hope y'all have a pleasant stay here with us on CoE.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi jwsilver, welcome to the Council of Elrond . Enjoy your membership.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, jwsilver!
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I'm new to this site, though I'm not to LotR. I read it and The Hobbit five or six years ago, but only saw the movies recently.
My name's Lily Lindsey-Aubery, but I go by Lilylol usually. I'm between 15 and 20, and I'm a girl (obviously ). I live in Virginia, but I'm an anglophile, and wish I were in Britain all the time. A friend on fanfiction, OneSizeFitsAll, told me about this site.
My hobbies and interests include: watching Marvel movies, reading, writing (esp. fan fiction), playing piano and harp, and annoying everyone with constantly quoting my favourite moves
This seems like a great site. I'm looking forward to getting to know people here!
~Lilylol Incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hi to all the newbies! Nice to see you again, Lily, and nice meeting you, papples, jwsilver, and anyone else I missed.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Lily! Enjoy your membership!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
papples
Council Member
Send Message
I hope you have a great time here, Lily!
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Gehenna
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone, I'm Alexandra or Berianirith in Sindarin. I plan on learning Elvish, and I have read The Hobbit, all books of the Lord of the Rings, and saw the movies. I am a huge fan! I am open to any suggestions or interesting ideas about Tolkien. I also plan to read the Simillarian
Legolas is my favorite I love the humor section as well! It a noob, and I would like to meet some people who like LotR too.

How does everyone get these cool animated avatars? I would like one.

[Edited on 08/18/2014 by gondolinian]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Gehenna, you've come to the right place. Have fun. The avatars are animated gif pictures. There are loads of free ones online, just search for animated gifs. I don't know any Tolkien specific sites though. There are free programs to make your own if you want. Take care when using one though as it has to be no more than 80x80 pixels.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Lily Lindsey-Aubery and Gehenna, welcome to our Council of Elrond!

Lily, it's always great to see other members refer new members to our site. So a big welcome to you and a thanks to OneSizeFitsAll!
Gehenna, feel free to dive into our forums, where you'll be able to have discussions and ideas about anything remotely related to tolkien . Everyone here is obviously a huge fan of the LotR and/or the Hobbit, so you'll fit right in .
I've merged your two posts, as double posting is not allowed. Should you ever want to add something to an existing post you can always use the 'edit' button on top of the specific post. As Tarcolan said, there are hundreds of such animated avatars to be found. You can use several types of images (including .gif, which are usually animated) as an avatar. But keep an eye on the requirements for avatars when you update your account with yours, as it will not work if it's not according to the specs (including the size limitation tarcolan mentioned).

Enjoy your memberships!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Gehenna!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, Gehenna! Have fun!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
PopcornFluffles
Council Member
Send Message
Hiya all. I'm excited to be here. So, hi, I guess!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, PopcornFluffles! Nice to see you! Have fun!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello PopcornFluffles. Perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Just saying hi is kind of trivial in an introduction thread. For inspiration, have a look at the first post of this thread.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everyone!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Vanitas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hi yall
on: August 25, 2014 08:03
Hey y'all I'm a 24 year old male and I'm new to the Council of Elrond. My name is Vanitas but y'all may call me Van if you like. I love the Lord of the Rings even though the only book I've read was the Hobbit but that was many years ago. Reading is my favorite thing to do of all time, though I do enjoy video games and movies. I found CoE when I got the idea to try and learn Sindarin and its much more difficult than expected but I will master it eventually. Want to know more feel free to ask I'm always up to meeting new friends.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Popcorn Fluffes and Van! Enjoy CoE!
Frostbite
Council Member
Send Message
Hello fellow travellers!
My name is Brian and I'm from Czech Republic but I also lived in Sweden. I'm 31 now and I hate it, so jealous of younger people!
I found this forum through a friend of mine who used to be a member here.
My interests are watching movies, reading, listening to music and also creating of all those things. I write, draw, make videos, you name it. Fantasy is really close to my heart because I grew up with it during the times without the internet and every book and movie was a treasure (esp. in my country).
I of course read LotR before it hit the cinema and I also read The Hobbit, The Book of Lost Tales and I'm going through The Silmarillion now.
I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow fans of this wonderful world because I never knew any in my country which makes me kinda sad.
I'm always open for new friends so feel free to talk to me. I'm a bit of introvert so it's not easy but I'm working on it! I also have profiles on Wattpad and DeviantArt but not sure if I can post links here.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello to all Newbies and Welcome to CoE.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Frostbite!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Vanitas and Frostbite, welcome to CoE! Enjoy your memberships, we have a big and friendly community.

Frostbite, links within posts are not allowed. You are free to posts links to your personal pages (no advertising) in your signature. For more info, have a look at our forum rules (which you can find e.g. through the newbie guide in the newbies forum). Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions .
Frostbite
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, thanks guys. Glad I asked beforehand. I'm crazy focused on getting into film making industry and when I do, I'll make sure there will once be a movie that fantasy fans would like. There are not that many as far as I'm aware.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to all newbies!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ewood91
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! My name is Erin, I'm 23, live in Canada. I like Batman, long walks on the beach and cats. Also I love reading Tolkien and most other books! I'm stumbled upon this site interested in learning Sindarin. This looks like it will be a great place to learn and make new friends who share a mutual love of Middle Earth!!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Erin, welcome to CoE! Enjoy learning Sindarin, you'll find many other students of Tolkien's beautiful language in the language forum. Have a look if you like, we've got a friendly and open community.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, Van, Brian, and Erin! Welcome to CoE, and have fun!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, everyone! I hope you guys have a fantastic time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lalitha
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys. I'm Lalitha. I'm 30yrs of age and I'm from Southeast Asia. I first read The Hobbit about 8yrs ago (although it only seems like yesterday). I love the Peter Jackson movies too. After re-watching the movie recently, I was inspired to read the books again.
When i talk about LOTR to my friends and family, I generally get laughed at (they mean it in a nice way), so I'm delighted that there are so many people here, like me who love Tolkien.

I would love to learn Elvish (Sindarin) - hope to start soon.

Looking forward to making new friends and learning a new language.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Lalitha, welcome to CoE! Good luck with the Elvish lessons, enjoy your membership .
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Lalitha!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Nippeking
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm new here, and I've read LoTR and the Hobbit. I've also seen Hobbit 1 &2 and LoTR 1. My favorite character is Legolas. It would be cool to learn Elvish.
One does not simply take the Hobbits to Isengard.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Nippeking! I hope you have a wonderful time here with us!
AprilUndomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Hii, I'm Lisa and I'm an kinda new here. I've had this account for a long time and never did something with it, but now I've decided to use it, so here I am (:
<< First2829303132Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email