Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2627282930Last >>
Author Topic:
Bad Luck Turin
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): my username or any variation thereof.
Where are you from (country/state)?: Ireland
How did you find CoE?: just random internet browsing
What are your hobbies and interests?: ummmmm...reading? I suck at keeping hobbies
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Yes, yes, and yes. I've also read The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales once and I started The Children of Húrin today
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? none that come to mind.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Turin!!! Welcome to CoE!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Bad Luck Turin, welcome to CoE! Enjoy your membership and have fun!

Owlhunter, I'd like to ask you to refrain from double posting (posting two times in a row without anyone else posting in between). It clutters up the forum and isn't allowed by our site rules. Please have a look at those rules (you can find a link to them in the newbie guide). If you feel like you need to add something to your post, just use the 'edit' button on top of it. Please also avoid posting one-word-posts like 'thanks'.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me .
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! Great to have y'all here!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the welcoming and welcome to other newbies, as well! I look forward to being as active of a CoE member as I possibly can!
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Wolf R
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I live in Australia and I am getting married next month. I moved over from Holland to be with the love of my life. I found this website because I'm looking for someone who can help me with translating an English script into an elvish written script. It's a short sentence. I want to engrave it on the outside of my wedding ring. Same for my fiance. Just a different script.

I'm a big fan of the LotR and Hobbit movies. Planning on reading the books as well. Just no time at the moment.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Greetings!!

Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Wolf! Great to have you here!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Wolf R.
We have a translation thread in our Elvish forum. I bet the people there would be happy to help you.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Wolf R
Council Member
Send Message
Ah I see!! I'll have a look there. Thank you for the quick response.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Your welcome. Enjoy your membership!
SarahVita
Council Member
Send Message
Hi
I'm SarahVita. Let's see... I will be 18 in a few months... I'm homeschooled (Junior). And I love anything Tolkien!! Loved the movies for 5 years, but have not read the books... only "The Hobbit," but I hope to have the books this year
Also, I make LOTR/Hobbit themed artwork and YouTube videos.
I'm a BIG fan of Aidan Turner! <3
I also love Sherlock, Michael Landon, Marvel Heroes, Narnia, and Doctor Who
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello SarahVita
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Wolf R and SarahVita.

Wolf R, for any help concerning Elvish you should indeed check our Elvish forum. There are many members there who can help you out.
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
I need help. The exercises in the quenya workbook won't work for me even when I've tried everything. I've tried contacting malinorne in a pm but she isn't replying and I've tried asking on the quenya workbook forum but no one is answering there either, please help
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Owlhunter21, it seems you already did all that's necessary: contact the right admin and ask in the forums. You'll just have to be patient . If I'm not mistaken you only joined our site 2 days ago, so your questions can't have been asked much later than that. Two days isn't that much to get a reply from an admin, malinorne will get back to you as soon as she can, I'm sure. We're all volunteers on this site, we can't be expected to be available 24/7, even though we try our very best to do just that .
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome SarahVita! Great to have you here!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all Newbies. Welcome to CoE.
akixam
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE):well my user name or my real name Elvin as you like.
Where are you from (country/state)? Guatemala i'm sure that nobody knows my country
How did you find CoE? looking on internet where to learn quenya and maybe sindarin
What are your hobbies and interests? I like to draw and to read manga and watch anime and also play videogames.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? i have just read 'The Hobbit' and yes i watched the movies.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Akixam! Enjoy your membership!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi akixam, welcome to the Council of Elrond. Why would nobody know your country? We have a very big community here, from all over the world, so don't worry, you're not the only one from a country that's not the USA, France, India, etc. Do you know Belgium ?
Good luck with our Elvish lessons. If you have any questions about the site, don't hesitate to ask me!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:... Do you know Belgium ?

I know this is off-topic here, but I just cannot resist asking the question: do you mean "Belgium" as used in the American edition of Douglas Adams's book "Life, The Universe And Everything"?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello to all Newbies!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome akixam! It's great to have you here with us.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Gandolorin, it doesn't ring a bell at all .
... A quick Google search has clarified that, and I most definitely didn't mean that ! Now back to topic .
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mae Govannen!
on: July 09, 2014 06:29
Hi everybody! I am Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow, but you can call me Elrohir, or even Ro. Okay, if there is another by me like this up there, I didn't realize it. I just became a member of Council of Elrond and I am also very new to the Realm of Orome.
A little bit about me:
I'm an American; Missouri
I like archery, horses, being outdoors, randomness, reading, writing fanfic, watching/reading LotR
I LOVE: ARAGORN!!
I HATE: filthy orcses...
My favorite radio station EVER is Air1.
And my favorite scene ever in all three LOTR movies is when Aragorn fights the Nazgul in FotR.

Well, thank you for allowing me into your Realm!!

Ro

Double post merged by moderator

[Edited on 07/10/2014 by gondolinian]
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everyone!!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Ro
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Ro, welcome to CoE. We're very glad to see you've joined a Realm, that helps us keeping them alive! I've merged your double post for you (our site rules don't allow double posting and yours were almost identical as well). Should you ever want to edit a post, you can just use the 'edit button' above it. Enjoy your membership!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Akixam and Ro. Welcome to CoE
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Ro! Great to have you here!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Hello. I'm ElfwithAtatude, but um...you can call me Elf. That's fine. I'm really quiet and shy, so I probably woun't say much. But I have a question. How do you get your realm insignia on your signature??
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
titan
Council Member
Send Message
hi guys. I'm titan. I'm 24 years old. I have just started to learn Elvish. it's great to be here
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi ElfwithAtatude and titan, welcome to CoE .
Good luck with the Elvish lessons titan, you can join in with other students if you like in the Elvish forums.
ElfwithAtatude, to get your insignia in your signature you need to insert it as an image, using code. You can find an example of it here, in the newbies forum. I'm aware of the fact some of the images in that thread no longer work, but it should have enough info for you to get started. If you retrieve the url to the image, you can skip the steps of uploading it on-line. Let me know if it's not working, so we can take it from there.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Newbies!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
ElfwithAtatude and titan! Great to have y'all here!
<< First2627282930Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email