Author Topic:
Idhrenethel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I just joined the other day.
Name: Elizabeth/Orodriel
Where are you from?: San Juan Mountains
How did you find CoE?: Searching for a place to learn Sindarin
What are your hobbies and interests?: Climbing, skiing, hiking, reading, playing cello and mandolin
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: I have seen all of the Lord of the Rings movies, just finished the first season of The Rings of Power, and just began The Hobbit series. I have not yet read any of the books, but I plan to start soon as I found the whole LOTR series at a second hand shop!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Not yet, I'm new to forum usage but for the most part I'm working through the language workbooks so I haven't done much with the forum yet.

So grateful for this amazing online resource to learn the languages of the Elves and to have a community to deepen the learning as well!
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hi Orodriel, welcome, and happy learning!
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Eöddhar
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, there! You can call me Eöddhar (AY-oh-thar, as in “thar she blows!”); I also go by Igno on other corners of the Internet. I’m a 21-year-old Christian male from the United States. I’m currently in school and hoping to graduate with a B.S. in pure mathematics and a minor in Japanese. I don’t remember exactly how or when I found CoE, but I stumbled across it many years ago and was never active. Outside of school and work, I really enjoy video games, worldbuilding, and language learning. I also enjoy music and have played piano for 13 years, though I’ve fallen quite out of practice since finishing high school.

The first time I read Tolkien was when I read The Hobbit in 3rd or 4th grade, I think. Since then, I’ve also read The Silmarillion, Fellowship, and The Two Towers; I’m currently working on finishing Return. Of course, I’ve seen all the movies (though I haven’t bothered with Rings of Power). I’ve always found myself coming back to Middle-earth since I first read The Hobbit all those years ago. My mind is always blown every time I dive back into the details of Tolkien’s world: the beautifully and naturalistically constructed language families of the Elves, the intricate annals of royal lineage connecting Aragorn to the kings of Númenor over the span of thousands of years, and the cohesive frame stories all serve to create a profound sense of depth and believability in a world that is paradoxically so fantastic, mythical, and epic. I’ve always meant to dip my toes into other fantasy authors, but I always keep coming back to Tolkien.

I hope we can get along and have fun enjoying the beauty of Middle-earth together!

[Edited on 10/16/2023 by Eöddhar]

[Edited on 10/17/2023 by Eöddhar]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Image Eöddhar: I hope you enjoy your time on the site despite it not being very active. I'm afraid the site's halcyon days are long past.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and belated welcome Idhrenethel and Eöddhar. Since it’ll be your first time discovering (some of) the books, I can say you’re in for a treat! Savour it as much as you can. I’m currently re-reading the LotR myself, it never gets old, and it feels like coming home to a wonderful and intense home every time.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
*+.Engolwen.+*
Council Member
Send Message
Mae g'ovannen mellyn!

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) Engolwen please! It is my name changed to Sindarin, (The best I could do at least, but I like it)
Age 13
Gender Female
Where are you from (country/state)? America, KS
How did you find CoE? Looking for a place to learn sindarin and have fun with my favorite books, love the Humor Section!
What are your hobbies and interests? Art, (all kinds, almost all I have heard of I love, from glass painting to candle making to resin pouring! Though I don't like clay at all.) I love reading and writing my own books, and learning Sindarin!!!
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?:Yes, i've read and watched all. Me and my friend are obsessed, (my other friend calls us weird hobbit nerds) I love LotR!!!!!!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Not really, though I would definetly like more people to chat with about J.R.R Tolkien's written work and ConLangs, that would be great! Thanks

I really appreciate everyone at CoF, thanks for all your great work, keep it up!!!
*+.Engolwen.+*
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said:Image Eöddhar: I hope you enjoy your time on the site despite it not being very active. I'm afraid the site's halcyon days are long past.

I'm so said to hear this, my friend and I were just cracking up at the American Pie parody song! Amazing! This sight is spectacular, and you all are amazing. Lets just say I could spend days exploring the humor section alone.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome Engolwen. Glad to have you with us. We are in our Rivendel period, the Last Homely House with our inhabitants slowly leaving this shore. But still some linger, and all our knowledge and history is there to explore for those who roam our halls. So we hope you'll enjoy your time with us!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
<< First4950515253
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email