Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2526272829Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome jesssydear! Great to have you here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello jesssydear. Welcome to CoE

[Edited on 06/15/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
FaramirandEowyn
Council Member
Send Message
I'm new. I like Lord of the Rings and Narnia a whole lot.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome FaramirandEowyn enjoy CoE
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi FaramirandEowyn, welcome. Perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Stating you like LotR on a LotR forum is a bit trivial . For some inspiration you can have a look at the first post of this thread, but you are free to tell us as much about yourself as you feel comfortable with.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome FaramirandEowyn! Great to have you here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
FaramirandEowyn
Council Member
Send Message
Here is my blog.
Link removed by moderator
I am a writer of books set in the medieval era. I see much of this era in Lord of the Rings. I am also Anglo-Catholic.

[Edited on 06/18/2014 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
FaramirandEowyn, as you can see I deleted the link in your post. One of our rules here on CoE is that we don't allow links in posts, unless they are vital for the discussion at hand. Please have a look at our site rules and forum decorum (you'll find the links in the newbies guide, one of the topped threads on this forum).
Feel free to add a link to your personal page or blog in your signature though. As long as it's no advertising, that is allowed.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies!!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everybody! Glad to have you here.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Melahny_oftheWoods
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!

Just joined and have a questions. How do you change your profile....when I attempted to it said error. :/
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Melahny_oftheWoods
Just a guess (I think it happened to me too):
About in the middle of the page there's a field named "New Password". The dots represent your old password. If you want to change something else, but NOT you password, clear the dots from this entry. Possibly leaving tho old password in causes the error message, much more likely nor repeating it in the next line is the cause.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Melahny_oftheWoods! It's great to have you here with us.
Melahny_oftheWoods
Council Member
Send Message
Okay thank you Mellwen and Gandolorin! This looks like a very nice Lotr site *nods*

I will try that Gandolorin, and we shall see what happens.
Melahny_oftheWoods
Council Member
Send Message
No, it won't actually allow me to access my profile at all. can anyone help with this? :/

It gives me this message when I click on 'edit profile': Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 132
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
HI! Your profile might be to big I had that problem.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Melahny_oftheWoods
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, the picture I tried to upload? But how do I fix it, it won't allow me to access my profile now. :/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, Melahny! I suggest PMing (private messaging) gondolinian about your problem. He should be able to help you.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
You're welcome Melahny!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I copied the thumbnail but I don't know what your avi (avitar/ profile) is.
Melahny_oftheWoods
Council Member
Send Message
I don't have one...I tried to upload one and it didn't work and since then it won't allow me to access the profile at all. Ah, sorry. Maybe there is an admin that can go in and fix the situation as it's not fixing on its own.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
We've had a fair amount of trouble with the profile pages in the past, so it's not surprising that you're having trouble too. Well, I hope it starts working again soon.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Melahny_oftheWoods and welcome! I'm very sorry for the late reply. I'll have our accounts admin have a look at it. Thank you for posting the exact error message, that might help us identify the problem. I'll get back to you as soon as I got some more info!
Constantina
Council Member
Send Message
Hey people!!!! I'm Constantina (Conina for short ) and I'm a 14 year old student from Greece! My hobbies are drawing, reading and watching movies! I am super obsessed with LotR, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones and anything that has to do with fantasy really! I came here to learn Quenya which is not as difficult as I expected (knowing 3 languages helps a lot!!) So I hope I'll manage to learn quickly! Wish me luck!!!!
amber.of.dragons
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everyone. My name's Amber. I'm a single 16 year old mom and I've been obsessed with Lord of the Rings from as far back as I can remember. Im also a big fan of Game of Thrones and The Originals. I found this site while trying to decide which version of elvish to learn. Any suggestions???
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
Hey,
I'm Bryant. I'm 14 years old and I'm from Minnesota (in the USA). I love creative writing, reading, videogames, and making chainmail. I love LOTR and im going to start learning to read and write quenya. If you have any questions about how to make chainmail please just ask me.
from,
your friendly neighborhood spiderman

amber, u should definitly learn Quenya, it sounds really cool.

[Edited on 06/30/2014 by gondolinian]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I'm new here, though I have been a "stalker" for years and years...just officially made it official.

My name is Shaun (female variety), and I am 25 years old. I have been obsessed with the Lord of the Rings and anything Tolkien ever since I can recall. My passion is writing fanfictions involving my OC and a certain elfy princeling...-hides-

My real life passion is training horses, and my current charge is a 7 year-old off-track Thoroughbred gelding. When I got him, he could turn left and go really fast and the drop of a dime...now he is my trusty trail horse. Every horse in my life is subjected to my love of all things elvish, including being spoken to in elvish...

I'd love to meet/talk with just about anyone and would love to roleplay, as well!
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everbody!

Constantina there's a fanart section here and some drawing requests in the creation forum.

Amber I've only dabbled in Elvish but I like Sindarin.

Owlhunter21 in the Prancing Pony we have a writers thread I love creative writing. Chainmail as in Medival armor?

This site has hundreds of things to offer explore and enjoy .
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Constantina, amber.of.dragons, owlhunter21 and EruviluiGreenleaf! So many newbies in such a short time .

Good luck with Quenya Constantina and owlhunter21!

Amber, a suggestion would be to have a look at both languages and where they come from 'historically' speaking. Quenya is comparable to the Elvish variant of Latin. Sindarin is the more 'common' language in the time of the LotR. But why not study both ? For more help, have a look at the Elvish forum!

Glad you decided to join us EruviluiGreenleaf . Many members (including myself) lurked around for a while before making an account. And no need to hide, there are many Legolas fans on our site, including in the fanfic section . So you'll blend right in. If you're into role-play, don't hesitate to check out the RPG-forum!

Melahny_oftheWoods, I've looked into your issue. We've encountered it before, it happens when you try to upload a profile picture that's too big compared to the size requirements. Sadly we've not been able to mend this issue, so you'll have to hang in there for a little while longer. I'm sorry for that, but at least you can still enjoy all the goodies our site has to offer .
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Cenor, i do make medieval armor and in fact im working on a scalemail vest right now.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome! I like your avi.
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
thanks

hey cenor, do you know who i could talk to about writing in elvish?

[Edited on 07/01/2014 by gondolinian]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
There is a Quenya forum where I believe you can find someone. Good Luck .
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks again!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, everyone!! I hope y'all have fun here!
<< First2526272829Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email