Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2728293031Last >>
Author Topic:
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Freewriting is what I prefer to do! Sometimes I know how I want a character to come out, then other times I'll just let them take their own course. But with my men, they almost always come out as sweethearts. I have the hardest time making them grouchy & mean and keeping them that way! Actually, in a fanfic I'm writing with Mushu I wanted to make the oldest brother kind of distant, almost lofty towards his younger siblings, and while I succeeded at first, he ended up being really sweet (& he's apparently a hopeless romantic like me, something I didn't intend at all!) So anyway, Mareth, I'm sure Tempest will come along as you work with her more!
And now that ya'll pointed it out, I think I'm struggling with lack of motivation too. I know I need to revise 2 Dwarves but just haven't felt motivated to do it, although if I don't get to the eighth or ninth chapter within the next couple of weeks I might have fanfiction.net followers getting upset with me! Maybe that will make me work on it, thinking of them!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aren't the most grouchy, distant people usually just big softies at heart, Blue? Usually when I'm not motivated to write, I don't force myself to because I usually just stare at an empty page or write a sentence or two of worthless drivel. So that's when the inspirational music comes out. I try and match the mood of the passage I'm stuck on and most of the time that helps. Or the motivation will come when I'm doing something else completely and have no time to get to a notebook or computer! lol!
Blue- as to your earlier question- I have four semesters of class after this one and then four, eight week clinical rotations, graduation, and studying for my licensure exam. Fun times.
Mareth- good luck with Tempest. When you're determined to discover a character they usually come through and tell you all about themselves when they're ready!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I hear both ends of the spectrum as far as the writers' block or motivation goes...I have heard to power through it, or just let it sit. But I find that if I let it sit and wait for motivation to come, it doesn't. But when I power through, I get strong chapters afterward, like what happened to me yesterday. I'll just have to see what is going on around me at the time. I had a lot of time to brainstorm yesterday, as I had a six hour musical rehearsal that had a lot of driving music. I hit periods of up or down plot depending on school,home,etc. But even in the down strokes, I try to push through it.

Oh, and Mareth, I just realized what unconventional names our two main girls have. Darkness? Tempest?

[Edited on 02/01/2015 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, my big ideas tend to come at night, or when I can't get to anythign to write them down. I actually went through a chapter of Two Dwarves yesterday! I need to make it less sappy but I found I just couldn't take out the sappy parts. So it will just have to be a very sappy story.
& Rhodil, you must be studying to be a nurse or something! Wow! I've heard that's really tough. I don't see how you have time for anything! I wish you the best of luck & enough sleep; believe me, I know how hard it is to get in college, & I didn't even have anything to do with nursing!
I never even thought of listening to music to create the mood. I'll have to figure that out. Maybe Phantom of the Opera would help with my more suspenseful sections.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Phantom of the Opera would definitely help. So does Trans-Siberien Orchestra, and some other classical music as well. I am glad you were able to work on Two Dwarves, Blue! Ultimately, as a writer, you will have the final say on something that goes in and out of your story, as long as you are not being published. Even then, some editors are more flexible than others, material wise. But if you like something about your story, keep it! It's your story.

Tomorrow's prompt will be a good one!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, thanks Maxie! I had been recommended to make it less sappy since literally every single one of eight chapters has some sort of declaration of love or an altercation between characters who love the same person. But it's a romance, after all! & you all know it's a fanfic so it doesn't matter as much as something I'd actually publish. I did read somewhere that you should take out your most favorite part in a story, but I don't think I'll ever do that! Weird advice if you ask me. I'll definitely have to try Phantom of the Opera, & I have a I think Regency station on Pandora that might help with my historical fiction, which I'm totally stuck on
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I was actually thinking of that the other day...funny how we both picked unusual names for our girls. I wasn't even thinking of Darkness when I named Tempest.

I like to listen to music while I write to create the mood...one problem I have though, is knowing exactly what mood I'm trying to create. Sometimes I put something on, and it just doesn't feel right so I change it. And change it again. It's somewhat frustrating. :/
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, we can then get puyblished under the same publisher and write a crossover story! Although I have no idea how that would work!

Try finding a song that perfectly fits your whole story, or at least a large portion of it. Does anyone already have such a song?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
@Blue- I'm in physical therapy school.

I don't know if I could narrow it down to just one song, but I like listening to instrumental soundtrack (LOTR, Pirates of the Carribean, How to train your dragon, etc), and I love a group called Two Steps From Hell. They do trailer type music and it's very cool. There's a few other groups like them that I really enjoy.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number Nineteen:

The sound of glass shattering wakes you up at three A.M.

I found a band recently, and their first and so far only album is literally my book, from beginning to end. Each song could relate to something or someone that I wrote about. One such clump of lines is:

"I've been looking for a way to bring you back to life,
and if I could find a way, then I would bring you back tonight,
I made you look, I made you lie,
I'll take the coldness from your eyes,
but you told me, 'if you love me,
let it die.'"
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
oh I love the prompt, Maxie! I think I can work it into my suspense story somehow! I'll have to think on it though...
Nope, I don't have a song for my writing, or even a genre (unless maybe big band/swing? Those tend to be pretty romantic, although I try to avoid relationships like those where they guy is going off to war & might not come back. But it does have the romance!). Maxie, yours is so sad!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Blue. My quote is actually a romance one, about a relationship between two of my secondary characters that came to a really bad end.

Here is another quote:

"Pouring the fuel,
fanning the flames,
breaking the habit and melting the chains,
embracing the fear,
chasing the fright,
the call of the fire will light up the night,
the bridges are burning,
the heat's on my face,
making the past an unreachable place,
I can't go back,
this is the point of no return."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
It's cool you found an album that's like your book, Maxie.

So far, I don't really have an album or song for Tempest's story.

Oh, and just so all you lovely people know, I am coauthoring a book with Gem. Tempest is one of the characters (obviously the reason I'm coauthoring). So I'm pretty excited about it.

And as far as other updates go, I have basically completed my fanfic. It still needs to be edited and I'm sure there are several problems that need correcting, but the first draft is done. Which I'm very glad about.

Anyone else have updates, since it is Update Thursday?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am still in the same notebook, just over halfway. Today, I am strting my new planning notebook! It is a big, fat, 500 page spiral. *love* I will deorate it before my call for the musical.

I am going to re-post the prompt, I think it got hidden...

Prompt Number Nineteen:

You are awakened by the sound of breaking glass at three A.M.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Nineteen:

Crash!
My eyes fly open. What was that?

Just a dream. Wasn't it?

My heart hammers out an unnatural beat in my ears. A freezing blast of air blows over me. Did I leave the window open by mistake? I jump out of bed and run to close the window. I am almost there when my foot connects with something sharp on the ground. Glass. I look up at the broken window. How did...? The wind is strong, but not that strong. I tiptoe away from the shards and over to the light switch on the wall. I flip it on.

Nothing happens.

The power must have been knocked out by the storm.
Where did I leave that flashlight? I rummage through my scant belongings and find it after a few minutes. I turn it on and head back to the window, beaming the light along the wooden planks of the floor. Whatever broke the window has to be around here somewhere. My light reflects off something. I pick up the smooth rock and turn it over. I give a gasp and drop it back onto the floor.

This is not possible.

I threw that rock over the side of The Siren when we were right above the Mariana Trench.
I stare down at the rock, feeling my heart turn to lead in my chest. The gold inscription is face down, but I know what it says.

"The one who bears this stone is cursed."
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well Song, you already know what I thought of your prompt, but good job!

And Maxie, I had seen it...sorry, I should have said something about it in my post. I love it! I'll try to compose something for it.

Looking forward to seeing other people's prompts!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Nice response, Song! So intriguing!
For my update, I meant to tell ya'll earlier that I figured out I manage to type up about 35000 words a month. Unfortunately I can't contain it to just one story; it ends up being probably at least five, & I count any prompts I do as well, whether I can use them in something or not. I'm currently working on a short murder mystery that's almost done! It just needs some technical work. It's a very different sort of story for me but I'm hoping it will help with the suspense novel I plan to eventually write & also with 2 Dwarves (which I've managed to edit a bit more & have a beta reader for now!!! She helped me see I've been going off on a plot tangent for the first half, so hopefully I can fix it without too much of a problem).
Now, speaking of that suspense story, my response to the prompt will be tweaked and bit & fit in with something I already had, which was inspired by a very weird dream I had! (I'm changing it to third instead of first person). Oh, one thing you need to know is Chayose is my antagonist in the story. And just as a reminder, everyone is after the pale lavender rock, hyacinth, a piece of which is now in Jael's possession as she tried to get it to her leaders and safety.

Prompt 19:

Jael had finally made it to her home after getting caught in a huge traffic jam. She knew she needed to get the piece of hyacinth to the FDA labs, but she was worn out from fighting the other vehicles and she could not get a plane ticket to America until morning anyway. The house felt chilly and quiet because no one else was there. Her housemate had left a couple of days ago to visit some relatives in a village a few hours way and took the two dogs with her. Jael headed upstairs to her room, leaving her purse down in the family area where she liked to keep it handy; all she had to do was grab it as she stepped out the door and keeping it in one place made it harder to forget. After looking at her precious piece of hyacinth, she set about to prepare herself for bed when she heard a commotion at the door. Running down the stairs, she quickly checked the locks on both the front and back doors and they appeared to be in good order. It seemed safer upstairs for some reason so that is where she went. Utterly exhausted from her hard day and work and the fear of Chayose and his minions getting her precious treasure, she fell onto the bed and soon slept peacefully.
Clash! The sound of shattering glass awoke her at three am. The back door banged open and two men and a woman stepped inside after they’d broken her screen door and bashed in the main door. “Find the rock,” a man whispered. “It should be a light purple color.” The threesome searched the home while Jael cowered upstairs. She did have a handgun, but it was inside her purse downstairs so there was no chance she could get to it or use it. Hearing the intruders speaking made her recall that she had set her precious object down somewhere but could not remember for the life of her where that could be. She quietly looked around while trying to figure out what to do. Then she made the rash decision to go down and face the burglars, gun or no gun. She managed to get down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she turned on her back porch light and noticed their escape vehicle parked practically right against her door. Grabbing some hard items, she threw them at the windows, hoping to make it harder for the villains to see out of their car and therefore slowing them down.
Suddenly, the woman appeared in the kitchen and noticed Jael assaulting the car. “Why you little fiend!” She charged at her and they struggled, a fairly even match in both size and weight. They fell to the floor and crashed out the back door, Jael pushing her attacker in front of her.
“Get out of my house!” Jael demanded, but her voice sounded weak, soft, and scared in her own ears. The woman simply cackled and continued the brawl.
The small Hispanic woman grew angrier the longer her fight lasted, and she commanded the woman again, this time her voice stronger and more insistent. “Get out of my house, and take your filthy companions with you!”
“Not until we get our hands on that stupid rock!” the woman growled and punched her in the nose. Blood ran down Jael’s chin as she lashed out, kicking the female in the gut and causing her to double over in pain. However, both recovered from their blows and locked arms again, repeating their fall to the ground and rolling over, hair and limbs flying every which way.
At last, Jael gained the upper hand and ran towards a neighbor’s house. Thankfully the couple had just come out to do some stargazing at a meteor shower which had been predicted and Jael hollered at them, “Please! You have to help me! My house has been broken into and I’m being attacked!”
The couple took one look at each other and the man jumped on the woman and held her hands behind her back while his wife ran inside to telephone 911. Once the authorities were alerted, Jael headed back to her house, despite the pleas of both the 911 operator and her neighbors. Upon arrival, she found the station wagon missing. She desperately wanted to search for her rock but knew she did not need to disturb the crime scene.
Although it only took about ten minutes for the police to arrive on the scene, to Jael it seemed forever. She sat waiting for them on her front steps and once the police cars slowed to a stop she jumped up.
“Alright ma’am,” the deputy addressed her, “Are the intruders still here?”
“No, they got away about five to ten minutes ago.”
“Do you know which direction the vehicle went?”
“No, it was gone when I got back from the neighbor’s house.”
“Alright, ma’am. I’ll need a description of the getaway car while my comrades clear your house.” Jael did the best she could, but she hadn’t thought to memorize the license number, nor was she sure of the exact make and model. Besides, it had been terribly dark even with her porch light on, so she thought noticing what she did about the car was amazing. Things became even grimmer when the other officers reported everything seemed to be in order but they say no sign of a purple rock. They let her back in and once they were gone with her statement, she spent two hours thoroughly combing the house. However, the piece of hyacinth was nowhere to be found. Her mission had failed. She had one task: to find the stone and keep it safe, protecting it with her life, and she had totally messed up. Feeling miserable, worse than trash that has been sitting in a dumpster for three weeks, she checked the doors, grabbed her purse, and headed upstairs. After locking herself in her room, she collapsed on the bed and sobbed torrential tears. Because of her, the whole world faced the danger of a slow, agonizing death through cancer, starting with her beloved America.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, I will give you some more comments when I am not a half an hour from places, but is this your first chunk of chapter? If so, you may want to focusmore on showing instead of telling. Show us how she was stuck in traffic,drumming her steering wheel, changing the radio dial,etc.

Song, same to you, as far as comments to follow! I really enjoy giving people detailed comments, and there is no way I am going to be able to do so now, on my half hour before I've gotta play a show.

Here is my prompt answer. Thank the Lord for Google Drive and it's copy paste wisdomness.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I reach out and clench lilac tendrils in my fist, and they wisp away, through my fingers, like water. Like the water that tumbles off of a lake of green moss, the color of...his eyes.

I step closer to it, and the faster I move, the further it drifts away from me, changing into his form. He ignores me. I scream at him. "Stop! Don't move! Wait!"

I run, fast, legs pumping. "Jed!" Tears flow down my face. "Jed! Stop! You can't..."

I stumble, dropping on my knees. "...you can't leave me!" I shriek.

Like a drunkard, I dash after him. The grass and moss and purple mist fades to barren trees and snow. My bare feet sting; wisps of pain knife their way through my flesh.

Then, at my side, thundering past me. Wolves. Black and grey. A lone white one stays at the back of the pack, blood streaming from her shoulder. I force myself to keep pace, as we tear through the forest.

Exhiliration. A smile comes to my face,and then, I am falling, feet leaving the earth. Freefall. The ground comes to kiss me goodnight, but instead, I fall into blissfully smooth water.

Glass shatters.

I open up my eyes. My blankets have gotten all twisted between my legs, and one of my socks is undoubtedly mingled between them. Another impact, followed by a crash coming from our kitchen. The carpeted steps are warmer than my body, and they soothe my skin as I go.

When I cross from carpet to tile, a plate shatters at my feet. Porcelain pottery lies in another corner, shred into slices. My oldest brother is kneeling in the flourescent light, sobbing into his hands. A half empty wine glass rests beside him, but the empty bottle is broken, lying a few feet away.

"Gabriel?" I say gently.

He looks up, tears streaming down his face. I sit beside him, and he hugs me tight, shoulders shaking.

"I don't understand," he whimpers, "Why we have to watch hell unfold before our eyes every night."

[Edited on 02/06/2015 by findemaxam48]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! I am still alive! Here is prompt 19:

Crash!

18-year old Dawn Reese jolted out of a deep sleep as the sound of glass shattering in the living room reverberated through the house. She blinked back drowsiness and glanced at the clock, dull red numbers blinked, 3:08. She shook her head clearing away sleepy thoughts and froze when she heard another crash as more of the cracked window collapsed. Feeling for her Glock 49 on the nightstand she wrapped a robe around her nightclothes. Her father and mother were gone on an anniversary trip to Houston leaving her in charge of the house for a few nights. Trembling fingers grasped the grip of her trusty firearm and Dawn opened the bedroom door slowly not allowing it to squeak. Surely the intruder would decide he, or she for that matter, had picked the wrong house. The family’s gun certifications hanging on the wall, her dad’s prize rifle right under the deer trophy, or the stacks of NRA and Cheaper Than Dirt magazines scattered all over the lamp table might give the impostor a clue of his or her fate if they continued. Wild thoughts ran through Dawn’s mind as she crept down the hall, one hand gripping her gun, loaded and locked, the other holding a flashlight, turned off so that she didn’t become a target. What if she had to kill someone? Could she do it? She had been trained. What if she just wounded them? They would go to prison and life would be normal again. But then again, people could break out of jail and come back for revenge. Dawn stopped; she made a mental note to quite reading murder mysteries during her lunch hour. She was the damsel in distress, but fortunately no mysterious, gorgeous man happened to be walking by just in time to save her from the killer. Nevertheless this damsel was armed to the tooth, and not afraid to protect herself. She had made it down the hall and peeked into the living room. Everything was quiet and serene, except for the thousands of glass shards that had once been the picture window. A black shadow was tapping the wall lightly by the television. Taking a deep breath, Dawn turned her flashlight on training it on the shadow as well as the sights on the Glock.
“Stop right there,” she said, trying to hid the quiver in her voice.
The shadow froze then turned abruptly and the sound of a gun going off followed. Dawn staggered to the right as a bullet whizzed past her left ear. She fired two shots as the shadow came nearer, it stopped and fell face down on the carpet. She held her breath and stayed put, keeping her gun pointed at the figure. Her fingers dropped the flashlight as she grasped for her i-phone and dialed 911. Her voice quavered as she explained the situation to the operator but she kept her gun ready until the police arrived. She handed the Glock to the officer in charge and left the police to their work. Dawn slipped away and opened the family safe in her parent’s room. A cardboard box sat there, a post-it-note on its side.
Keep this hidden. Do not give this to anyone who does not know the code. The fate of The Treasure depends on this box.
She sighed and patted the note. It was still safe. But not hidden anymore, tonight had proved it.
“Miss Reese, a few questions.”
“I’m coming,” Dawn called over her shoulder.
She closed the safe and sighed, this would mean they would have to move again. This so called Treasure was a nuisance. Why did that dying man deliver it to their house? What was this alleged Treasure?

[Edited on 02/06/2015 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
In answer to your inquiry Maxie, I actually have no idea where this scene will go as far as the book is concerned, but I'm pretty sure closer to the beginning. However, I was planning on making it an entire chapter or close to it. And yes, I am still struggling with showing rather than telling
Maxie, your prompt almost made me cry! It's so sad! But very good!
Wow, Cenor! Love it! Dawn is definitely proved her worth at being able to fend for herself!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Song, your piece was wonderful. And Blue, the same to you. My comments for both of you are...show, don't tell. That will add length and complexity to your chapters. To make it easier, go back through during your editing, and add more sentences. I try to add one extra thing a paragraph,if notmore, per chapter when I edit.

Blue, I am glad you enjoyed my blurb. I put that into my notebook on Thrusday. I was trying to make it really angsty, and I guess that it worked!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, is there a really good web link for showing & not telling? I've found a few things on Pinterest but I guess they haven't helped. Descriptions are the one thing that totally plague me as a writer :/ And I'm glad you liked it! Dreams can be very helpful lol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, I will do my best to find one for you when I get home. I have been at school for the musical since 8AM this morning, and I will not get to go home until nine thirty this evening. It may be later on Sunday...I am so sorry, but Shrek: The Musical is running my life right now!

I know that there are some exercises online. Maybe Google...Descriptive Writing Articles or Writing Descriptively. I learned all of what I know in class, so no websites were needed. I hope that will help you!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, take your time, Maxie! Thanks for even bothering with it! I'm set to work today anyway & won't be back until later myself, then church tomorrow morning; I'm also a busy girl now that I have 2 part-time jobs! & have fun with the play!
I really regret not taking that creative writing class in college now! Maybe my problem is I learned to be way too academic about things, & then when I ignore all that I learned there, everything goes out the window! I'll have to try looking those things up. It might help me verbally express myself too! People complain all the time that I can't describe anything...lol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Blue. I am now on my one hour break until sound checks for the second show.

Do you have a voice recorder on your phone, Blue? Try just blurbing out everything that you want to say, and then work on organizing it on paper.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I have a very dumb prepaid phone, so it can only record for 30 seconds. & the way I express myself verbally I'm not sure that would work; half the time I forget what word I should use! For example, if I'm trying to give directions I might say something like, "Well, you have to drive along, & then you turn, & look for that place that used to be a grocery store but I don't know what it is now. Then you turn again, go around the thing, & park." Except it would be even more vague & have even more use of the word "thing" & all of its forms.
And ya'll probably have no idea, but I'm a really quiet person in real life unless I know you really well, or am talking about something I love. I think that's part of why I have issues describing things. Make sense? That's another thing: I make sense to myself, but sometimes other people haven't a clue as to what I mean, & I can't explain any other way.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show,_don't_tell
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! I'm another writer, and only started writing about a year ago. Almost all I write is fan fiction, and I love it. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself on this thread, because most of what I do is write and I love to meet other writers!
~Lilylol Incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Lily, and welcome to the thread!

Here, we do a few things each week. Each Monday, I post a prompt, and each member of the thread responds to it and posts their peice through the week. Then the other members read and post comments on it...good and bad. The idea is to help you grow as a writer,and to learn the editing process.

On Thursdays, we discuss our progress and give updates on our current progress,saying how things are going and what we could do better.
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
Ok thanks! It sounds like fun!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, Lily! I think I've seen you on Fanfiction.net too! (I've got the same username!). The prompts can be very fun, and very challenging! I mostly do fanfics as well, although I hope to do two novels eventually (they are not going well at all currently :/).
Thanks for the link, Maxie! I found this one as well & I think it will help: http://www.writingforward.com/writing-ideas/descriptive-writing-ideas
And yes, I totally want to do Thranduil for number two, although I don't think I'll do all these exercises! My struggle will probably always be finding the right balance between having enough description versus very little.
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, Blue! ccgaylord talks about you all the time. I was hoping to meet you. Good luck with your novels; I've tried to write original fiction a couple of times, and actually did nanowrimo, but I still need to edit my manuscript a whole bunch.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We here can help you with the editing, Lily. I want to be an editor as my potential job, so I will do all I can.

I will be back soon with the prompt!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number 20:

You drag your key across a car parked in the lot, making several deep grooves.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Well, that's a bit scary Lily! Lol totally kidding here! (I see Olaf in the background saying, "All good things! All good things!". As for editing, have you ever tried printing out your work and looking at it on actual paper? I found it was a bit easier to see mistakes on physical paper when I was in college, but I'm too lazy to do that with my fanfics (& it would take way too much paper & ink anyway!), so sometimes I have small errors that I don't catch. I also find it helps to edit if I leave a story alone for a while; I have been known to forget what I've written, & that makes editing tons easier! I hope this helps you, or someone else!
<< First2728293031Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email