Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4142434445Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn nodded at Thurinlass and ran off to the flet where he had spent the night. He frowned when he saw that he had left his sword by his pack, he shouldn't have done that. Carefully he strapped the sword around his waist and slung his pack over one shoulder. Thankful that he didn't have to climb any more trees, he raced back to the spot where he left the others. Thurinlass' words replayed in his mind.

"But it is also a peril. Such tasks are of secrecy and must be treated as such."

He reached the group, Linriel was gripping her sword and Eleniel was looking worried. What had happened since he had left? He looked quietly at Linriel, the elf who had calmed his fear of Elves. The one who had spoken to him, so long ago it seemed, so reassuringly. Now it seemed as if they were to be parted, each going into peril on different paths. Their paths had crossed and now they were separating.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass looked at the small company each in their own turn. It did not take much effort for him to see that the anxiety of being separated was on them all. Most of all he searched the young man. He was anxious to prove himself yet was unsure all the same. His past was shrouded in a evil darkness, yet Thurinlass looked more at the moment. Next he observed Eleniel. She seemed concern for Linriel, yet in her Thurinlass had no doubt. He had no fear for her. Next he observed the cousins, and he could see plainly a spirit of restlessness was on them. They longed for more than the familiar woods of Lorien.

When he had finished his observatiosn Thurinlass turned to Harn and said, "Come now, we must meet the guard that is being dispatched to investigate." Then Thurinlass turned to the group, "Do not be anxious friends, we will return ere sunset on the second day since our departure." His gaze fell on Linriel, "In that time make ready for a journey, and let nothing shake or dissuade you." he finished. With that he called for Harn to follow and set off towards The Lady's Flet.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel turned to Harn and smiled. "This journey will be quite an experience for you, Harn. Thurinlass has much wisdom. I look forward to you telling me what you have done." I know Harn will be safe with Thurinlass but I will worry nonetheless.

Looking at Thurinlass and hearing his words to her, Linriel wondered what he meant. Shake me? Dissuade me? He must have a reason for saying this. She looked at the lordly Elf. "I will make ready for our journey. Nothing will stand in my way." She looked into his wonderful silvery grey eyes and knew he read her thoughts. I will do as you ask and I will be wary

The four she-Elves watched as Thurinlass and Harn made their way to Galadriel's flet.

"Let us make ready for our journey. The next few days will pass quickly. Eleniel, a saddle for Castiel perhaps? Meri, Beri, will the mice come with us?" Linriel asked.

A sudden wind passed through the trees and rustled the branches. Something caught Linriel's eye. She looked to the treetops. No, I must be mistaken.

[Edited on 12/05/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Tell me everything that you have seen when you return," Eleniel said to Harn before the four of them left. Linriel mentioned a saddle for Castiel, and Eleniel answered, "Yes, that should be one of the first things that I do. Though I would also like to visit Maldor once again before we depart. I feel that if, given time, he and I could become great friends. Where will we find a saddle, and him?"

The trees moved gently in the wind. The Elf maid could not shake the feeling that they were not entirely alone.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Meri, Beri, will the mice come with us?"

Beri looked down at the ground, considering the question. Should she take them? The journey might be too much for them, yet she did not know if she could bear to be parted from them.

"Yes, they will come," she said quietly, her head still down.

So Harn and Thurinlass were to depart on a journey, and the rest of them should remain here, awaiting their return. What are we to do? she thought. What is there here that can satisfy us for another two, three days? The familiarity of these woods may seem comforting to some, but it seems to make this company restless. I hope we do not linger here for much longer.

Eleniel was talking to Linriel, and Meri was walking alongside listening to their conversation, but Beri walked behind them. Tiredness made her thoughts unclear and blocked out the sound of her friends' voices. She needed to be awake, to walk new paths and see new things, that the fire inside her might be rekindled. But for now, she would wait.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass and Harn walked at a brisk pace towards the ladies flet to join with the rest of the small host that will be dispatched. As they went there was a long silence and Thurinlass was lost in thought. He thought of the journey, both the one ahead, and behind.

After some time and a great deal of Silence he turned to Harn, "Tell me Harn, from where do you and your Fathers hail? And how did you fall in with our Merry little Band?" Thurinlass inquired of the young man. "Furthermore, tell me of your relationship with Eleniel." He requested in addition.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked to the trees before she answered Eleniel. "Maldor should be in the healing flet and as for the saddle, I am not sure if you can have one made before we leave. Perhaps you can find one already finished that suits you and Castiel. We are going that way now." I have the beautiful saddle Aragil left for me. I am not sure if I will use it. She thought of the tiny copper stars, so carefully laid into the fine leather.

A strong wind now blew through the trees, like fingers, pulling the leaves down to the ground.

"I think you should take the mice." Linriel said to Beri. "They will be safe and may prove to be useful as they were during that battle so long ago." Linriel smiled as she thought of the tiny creatures bravely bringing flames to the company as they fought. We have been through so much together. Meri and Beri are the only ones still with me. I hope all the others are well and happy

The four continued down the path but unease still filled Linriel's heart as she kept looking about...into the trees and behind her. As the group arrived at the healing flet, Maldor came out to greet them. "It is good to see you again." he said. "I hoped we would have a chance to speak before you left for your journey. Eleniel, I have a new plant I would like to show you, will you come with me? The rest of you, please help yourselves to food and drink." Maldor and Eleniel went into the room that housed jars filled with herbs and plants.

Meri, Beri, and Linriel sat at a small table tucked into a corner. "I think traveling to Cuivienen will be a wonderful experience for all of us. Thurinlass will be a fine guide as he leads us there. Here, let us drink." Linriel poured fresh sparkling water into 3 cups.

High above in the treetops, Bildarion watched as Eleniel spoke with Maldor. They will soon be leaving for Cuivienen. I must speak with Eleniel before they depart. But his eyes were now on Linriel...That maiden would have, should have, been my wife.

A small flame of anger filled his heart.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Tell me Harn, from where do you and your Fathers hail? And how did you fall in with our Merry little Band?"

"The Five Villages of the Stars," he answered, "close to Mirkwood, but they are no longer there. I found the group...well they found me, I was delirious from fever and wounded. I thought they were my enemies and tried to fight them," Harn said remembering the struggle with Tumion and the knife.

"Furthermore, tell me of your relationship with Eleniel."

Harn thought quietly for a moment, the question was puzzling.
"I don't think she trusted me," he answered hesitantly, "though she seems to be friendly now."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
At Linriel's words, Beriadanwen thought of all that she had been through with her mice, and a wave of sadness passed over her. They would not be with her much longer. But Linriel was right, she should take them.

The cousins sat down at a little table, and accepted cups of fresh, clear water. It tasted sweet and pure, like rain on a calm day, as did all the water from the springs around Caras Galadhon. They talked at length of Cuivienen. How special a place it was! How delightful that they should go and see those lands! How long a journey it would be.

"Linriel," Meri asked, "will it take us a long time to get there? I hope it is not so far that the horses get tired, even if the journey will be a leisurely one."
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
"Friendly indeed." Thurinlass said half to himself as they drew nearer to the Lady's flet. After only a few more minutes they arrived and saw a company of twenty three other elves gathered at the foot of the tree with the Lord and Lady standing before them. They were by no means dressed for warfare, instead they were arrayed as Thurinlass was, though less heavily and in grey. The majority of them remained looking on at Galadriel and Celeborn, though a few did look back at the two newcomers.

"Indeed you have decided to come then?" The Lord Celeborn asked Thurinlass. Celeborn was kind to him, which is more than the other Elven Lords and Ladies can boast. It had taken some time but Celeborn had finally forgiven Thurinlass of his past only just a thousand years earlier. Thurinlass bowed, "I have, and I have brought with me Harn, distinguished warrior of The Five Stars out of Mirkwood." I make this more as an announcement, giving Harn a generous introduction so he is received with honor. "Very good." Galadriel responded uncharacteristically upset, for she had in no degree forgiven Thurinlass. "You are the last to have arrived." She added, regaining her composure. "We shall begin." Celeborn spoke. He began to outline what the company was to do. Their mission was to move quietly and unseen into the northwester marches of Lorien, then beyond the border and to the foot of The Misty Mountains. Once there they were to survey the area where the small orcs and goblins used to make camp at whiles. If there was a great force to be found they were to return at once and prepare the warriors for a march. If it were no great than a small or moderately sized camp they were to dispose of it wholly. "Do you understand?" Thurinlass asked Harn when the Lord had finished.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It was delightful to be back in the healer's flet. Eleniel loved how each shelf and cranny was full of jars and pouches, and perhaps even more that Maldor knew how to use each one in the care of one of their wounded kin.

"I hoped we would have a chance to speak before you left for your journey. Eleniel, I have a new plant I would like to show you, will you come with me? The rest of you, please help yourselves to food and drink," Maldor said.

"I would love to see the plant," Eleniel said truthfully. She and the healer exited the flet, leaving Linriel, Meri, and Beri dining on sparkling water and fruit. Maldor combed the trees for some time before plucking a leaf from one tree's branch. "Ah," he said. "This is Mountain Green. Rare for a place such as Lorien, which makes it all the more valuable. It can be used to bring water back into one who is parched;or, it could be boiled down to treat burns." He handed her a cluster of leaves, and said, "Carry these up. I have another pouch for you to take on your journey."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel had remained in Lorien for some time. She had arrived with her friends exhausted and in a state close to despair. After losing her family, finding a niece and then losing her, she felt like there was nothing left for her. She disappeared into the forest, found herself a place to rest and remained their for some time.

She became reclusive in her grief, which turned to depression as she could no longer see a purpose for her life, it seemed there was nothing left for her to do. At times she considered sailing to join her surviving relatives in the West, but she could not find the strength even to pack for such a journey.

Some time had passed, though she knew not how many weeks, when she heard word of visitors returned to Lorien. It was not until Thurinlass returned that she realized these were her former companions. I must see them, she thought. A sense of urgency came over her. She rose, put on clean clothes, and made herself presentable. As she looked in the mirror, she realized for the first time how she had changed. She looked so small, so fragile, she wondered what they would think of her now.

She set out to search for her friends, though it took her much longer to cross the woods as she tired so easily. There was unrest in the air, the birds were unhappy as they flew overhead. It gave her an uneasy feeling as she saw them and she tried her best to hurry.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In the flet, Eleniel placed the leaves onto a shelf. Maldor thanked her and began to step around the flet, pulling things off of the shelves. One such item was a medium sized leather pouch, into which he dropped plants and seeds they had spoken about before. "In case someone should fall ill on your journey," he said, picking up the Mountain Green leaves and putting them inside. He drew the strings together to seal the pouch, and handed it to her. "Thank you," Eleniel said.

"It is my pleasure. Come, let us dine with our friends," Maldor said. They sat at the table.

As the others continued to eat, Eleniel spoke to Maldor. "In Mirkwood, my brother once told me that a certain soup was able to bring the ill back to themselves, and star to set them to rights. If I can recall the recipe, I would be glad to give it to you."

Below them, Eleniel saw another one of their kin, although this maid was frail and appeared weak. She, too, continued to look up to the trees.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel saw Eleniel looking down from the flet and wondered if she might know where her friends were. She began climbing up slowly. It is so hard, what has become of me? At last she reached the flet but she could barely stand and hid behind the first thing she saw and let herself sink to the floor. She hoped no one had noticed, feeling utterly humiliated. She lay there a few minutes, her desire to see her friends began to mix with the desire simply to hide herself and disappear.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea walked through the forest of Lorien. She so much enjoyed taking time alone in the woods to marvel at natures beauty. She had heard talk of an old friend of hers here in Lorien. That she was traveling with a company of Elves. She hoped to see her before they left for their next destination. Ilyea saw a bird on the ground. Troubled, she knelt beside him, carefully picking him up. He was a small little thing, Ilyea assumed he had fallen out of his nest. She looked above her and saw in a nearby tree a nest.

Mindful of the small creature she held, she climbed the tree and gently placed him in the rest. The small nest mates chirped and sang. Ilyea smiled and jumped from the tree. She sat on the ground and lay her head back on the trunk of the tree. She thought about her travels to distant lands and how much she had enjoyed them. She had lived in Lorien for several decades now, but she wanted to move on to another place. She wanted to see the world again and meet new people.

" But where to go?" she thought. Ilyea had been all over Middle Earth before, but not with a friend or company. " I wonder what it would be like to travel with others?" she said aloud. Then she had a thought. She sprang to her feet and ran as fast as she could to find her friend.

[Edited on 12/15/2014 by Legolas23]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel stared for a moment at the figure who was now lying on the ground before them. the girl was frail, and seemed ashamed to be acting so weak. It took a moment for Eleniel to register her face, but then she recognized her as Adonnenniel, the girl who had briefly traveled with them before they departed for Mirkwood. Eleniel had been in her company only briefly; it was no wonder she recognized her not.

"Adonnenniel?" Eleniel asked finally, kneeling down on the ground next to the girl. "It has been a long time since I have seen your face. You look well." She didn't, but Eleniel didn't know how to bring the fact up without insulting her companion.

Maldor first helped Adonnenniel to her feet, leading her to a chair, and then Eleniel. "Adonnenniel," the healer said, kindly. "It has been a long time since I have seen you, as well."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel looked up slowly as Eleniel knelt beside her, she recognized her, but didn't think to say anything. It was clear Eleniel was just trying to be polite, she looked anything but well. She then looked at Maldor, then kept her eyes down as they helped her to a chair. It had been a while since she had seen anyone, but she didn't remember how long.

She raised only her eyes and looked at them again. I am a wreck, ruined She knew they meant well, but she felt so embarrassed of what she had become she could not think of anything to say, what explanation could she give them? It all seemed so trivial, and she so weak she could not hold herself together. She lowered her gaze again, she did not even have the strength to cry.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 12/16/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked around the healing flet. She loved the bottles and jars filled with herbs and plants and brews. She knew enough of healing to fend for herself in the wild but she was happy to see Eleniel taking an interest in what Maldor was teaching her. He has been such a good friend to me all these long years.

Linriel turned back to Merilwen and Beriadanwen. "We have a few days to prepare for our journey to Cuievienen and Beri, I am glad you are taking the mice. I will help you keep watch over them." Taking a last sip of the cool refreshing water, Linriel stood up. "I am going back to the stables and from there I must go to my flet." she told the cousins. Linriel turned and hurried down the ramp to the ground. She noticed Eleneil and Maldor talking to someone who seemed ill but she rushed on her way.

Walking in the forest always soothed the Elf maiden but this time she was wary of her surroundings. Thurinlass bade her to be watchful so she knew that he, as well, felt some unrest.

Linriel's mind was wandering and she thought of the package her mother left for her. Perhaps I can open the box before we leave for Cuivienen. She was nearing the stables when a feeling of dread overcame her. The maiden stopped and looked to the trees and tried to listen to the wind. What is going on in these woods? Why do I feel like I am being watched? Her hand reached to touch the hilt of her sword as she quickly entered the building.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel left, and Eleniel was engaged in a discussion with the healer, so the cousins sat side by side in a comfortable silence. Then they noticed that a third person had joined Maldor and Eleniel. They couldn't tell if the newcomer was elven or otherwise, male or female. Their head was down and their hair had fallen across their face, obscuring their features. Their shoulders were hunched, and they seemed incredibly frail. Meri wondered if they were unwell. After all, this was the healer's flet. She felt it would be rude to interrupt, and wondered if she should leave so that Maldor could treat the ill... elf. Yes, now she could see the pointed tips neatly parting the reddish-brown hair. She wondered if the elf was a friend of Eleniel's, or if she was simply getting more teaching from Maldor.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea saw a tall Elven maiden standing with her hand on her sword. Ilyea quickly but quietly drew her knife. She did not see any immediate danger but maybe there was something unseen in the shadows. There was something familiar about her, her long hair, her posture.
Then she ran into a nearby building. Ilyea had the strange urge to follow her. She ran after her and opened the door.
Then she recognized her. "Linriel!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As soon as Linriel entered the stable, a sense of calm came over her. The sweet smell of alfalfa wafted in the air and she heard the soft whinny of many horses. Meldir was at the end of the long row of stalls and she started that way when suddenly the stable doors were opened wide. Her hand was still on the hilt of her sword as she turned towards the door.

She could not see who was there. The light from the opened door dazed her for a moment but then she heard a voice call out her name.

That voice! I know that voice! Linriel stepped forward as she watched the figure approach her. Oh, this cannot be! "Ilyea? Ilyea? Can it really be you?" Linriel cried as she ran to her friend.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea embraced her and laughed! " Oh Linriel I never thought I would see you again! I has been so long!" Ilyea laughed again. " You must tell me about all of your adventures! Oh I envy you so! I have been here, in Lorien, for almost 40 years, and why it is not long, I am beginning to get bored. But first, I must show you something," Ilyea pulled her hand a long and stopped in front of a stall. " You remember my horse Lunir? Well, she, well, I will let you see for your self!" Ilyea opened the stall and lead Linriel inside. " Do you see him?" Ilyea gestures towards the small pure white baby horse lying on a pile of thick straw. His mother, Lunir, stood next to him. " He is only a few weeks old,"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Here, Adonnenniel," Eleniel said, helping her friend up to her feet. "Sit. Some food will help you heal faster, I suppose, though I am no healer. Yet." She pulled a chair out for Adonnenniel. "The cousins are here, and Thurinlass has returned. I do not know much about him, but Linriel is overjoyed at his return. I feel that he will be a great friend to me. And you must meet Harn. He has become an indispensable ally to us."

Maldor set a flask in front of Adonnenniel, and Eleniel stepped to the side to avoid the steam. "Drink this," he said. "It is a tea with ginger root and mint. It will settle your stomach and subside any head pain. Eleniel, I will show you how to prepare the tea, should you need to brew some when you are traveling."

"Yes," Eleniel answered. "Adonnenniel, will you come with us?" The talk of travel turned her thoughts to Castiel. I must find a bridle and saddle for her. And quickly. "I will return shortly. I need to see to my horse." She left the flet.

She could hear voices in the stable, and when she stood in the doorway, she saw Linriel speaking with someone and smiling.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Bored?" laughed Linriel. "I cannot imagine you ever being..." The elf maiden stopped speaking as soon as Ilyea opened the door of the stall. Inside was the most beautiful foal Linriel had ever seen. White as snow, big eyes staring up at her. She went to Lunir and hugged the mare's neck. "Vande carna, Lunir." she whispered.

Linriel sat in the straw near the young horse and reached out her hand to pet it's mane. "Ilyea, he is amazing! What will you do with him? And more important, how have you been my friend? I am with a company of elves and a boy and we are leaving for Cuivienen very soon." A thought came to Linriel. "You say you are bored? Perhaps you would like to join us on this journey."

The door opened and both maidens turned to see who entered the stable.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel accepted Eleniel's aid without question. Her mind began to clear at the mention of her friends' names. She took a sip of tea. Her instinctive reaction was to agree to come with Eleniel and her friends, but she hesitated. She couldn't travel now... Then Eleniel left quickly.

"Where are they, Linriel and Thurinlass, the twins. I was looking for them..." she asked Maldor. "I have no one else left..." And maybe it's too late,she thought. I can not travel, everything is too hard, too far, I am...dying...I will only grieve them, burden them. She did not really want to give up on life, but she felt so alone and useless, with nothing to contribute. She stared into the distance as her mind drifted to times past.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The healer sat down across from Adonnenniel. "The twins are here," he said quietly, but not unkindly. "Linriel seeks solace in the woods. It is a turbulent time for them, I fear. And what with their travels coming up so quickly. They will be seeking what they need and will be acting with haste." Maldor worried for Adonnenniel. He knew that her family had long since faded from the girl's life, and that since then she had struggled to live her life.

Linriel turned towards her, and Eleniel smiled. "I came to tend to Castiel, and I see that you have gotten here before me. But who is this? With whom do you speak?"

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" I don't know what I will do with him, Linriel. Probably just let him grow tall and strong, and stay here with his mother," Ilyea heard the stable door open. She stood and saw an Elf maiden in the door way. " With whom do you speak?" she asked. " Greetings, friend!" Ilyea walked up to her followed by Linriel. " My name is Ilyea. I am a friend of Linriels. We met on a quest of mine a long while ago. But i have not seen her in decades. I was very happy to meet her here,"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel heard Maldor's words through the fog in her mind. so soon... She would not see much of them then, she thought. Maldor looked worried, he had reason to be. There was little he could do for her since you condition was not caused by anything outside of herself.

She longed for the company of her friends, she did not want them to leave so soon. Come and get me the pleading thought came to her mind with such intensity, but yet she felt so selfish for thinking it. She slowly leaned over the table and rested her head on it.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel had left the healer's flet, and the cousins, sitting behind the partition that divided it almost into two rooms, decided to leave also. Meri rose from her seat and gathered up the glasses while Beri studied the elf talking to Maldor with her head resting on one of her hands. Then Beri stood up as well when Meri took her hand in her own.

They were going to go down to the stream to wash the glasses, then return them to the flet, but then the elf sank slowly down and lay their head upon the table they sat at. Full of concern, Meri dumped the glasses on the nearest flat surface, smudging the ink on some papers in her haste, and hurried over to the elf. Maldor appeared to be extremely worried, but also uncertain of what to do. As she approached, the healer gave Meri a small nod and leaned back in his chair, giving her space.

"She is not ill," he said. "At least, not with any ailment I can cure. Grief has weakened her greatly. See if you can give her any comfort."

Meri stood beside the elf maiden, and shyly put her hand on her shoulder. She did not know what to say. She did not want to directly refer to sadness or loss, so instead she decided upon a topic she was comfortable with.

"Did you see the stars last night?" she said softly. "There were clouds on the horizon, but right up above our heads the sky was clear, and there was no moon to draw attention away from the stars. Tiny specks of light, like nothing, nothing important, nothing meaningful, not even anything beautiful. Not alone. But add another star or two, and suddenly it turns into something amazing. And when the whole sky is filled with them, some bright and some so hard to see, they seem to fade away if you look right at them, it is more beautiful than any jewel or gem we can create, no matter how skilled the craftsmanship. And we see patterns in the chaos of light, and we imagine pictures in the dark, elves and eagles and anything else you can think of. Those are the stars above our heads, and above the heads of every other elf, human, dwarf or forest creature. They are the light in the darkness. Did you see them?"

The elf woman was so still and quiet, Meri wondered if she had fallen asleep, wondered if she had heard a word she had said.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel heard Maldor speak of her to someone, he knew what was wrong with her. Then someone touched her and began to speak of the stars. Meri she listened to her words. Had she seen then last night? She didn't know, she didn't think so. don't let go, she thought. Slowly, she looked up at her old friend.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel stood still as the two Elves walked over to her. Linriel's friend said, "My name is Ilyea. I am a friend of Linriel's. We met on a quest of mine a long while ago. But I have not seen her in decades. I was very happy to meet her here."

"Greetings," Eleniel said, feeling an old wariness settle over her. She would never be comfortable around strangers, not even if they were old friends of Linriel's or otherwise. She had finally just warmed up to Harn, and now he and Thurinlass were gone. Eleniel realized with a start that Thurinlass and Maldor were to two people whom she had not had a hard time relaxing around. Even Linriel, now her dear friend, had taken some time to accustom to. Eleniel was used to being on her own in the wilderness.

Shaking herself out of the depth of her mind, Eleniel added, "I had met Linriel some time ago, during my travels through the vast forests of Middle Earth. They recently accompanied me back to my homeland, Mirkwood." She crossed the floor and stroked Castiel's nose. "Hello, mellon," she said softly.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The elf maiden gradually lifted her head, turning towards Meri. Her hair slipped away from her face, and Meri felt a jolt of recognition. Her eyes were closed but the elf's profile was still incredibly familiar. Then she opened her eyes, and Meri was shocked to see the desperation in them. "Adonnenniel!" she gasped. "I did not know you were in Lorien. My cousin is here too, and also Linriel. If we had known you were here, we would have come to find you."

Her joy at seeing someone who had walked the same path as her for many weeks was dampened by concern. Adonnenniel had not replied to her, nor was there any sign of gladness at her words, nor even the shyness that was generally displayed in her every movement. She wondered if she should fetch Linriel, who could better comfort her, but did not want to leave her.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"Meri" her voice was barely above a whisper. Adonnenniel grasped Meri's other hand and held on. She had not missed the shocked look on Meri's face, but it did not surprise her at all. What did surprise her was hearing Meri say she would have come to find her, she felt so alone and insignificant, she did not expect to hear anyone express a desire to see her. She felt unworthy, and yet something inside her clung to even the smallest connection with another person.
"stay with me," she said, nearly begging. "I don't want to be alone."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel could not help but notice the bond that was starting to develop between Eleniel and her new horse, Castiel. They may need each other in the wild.

She also noticed that Eleniel sought the company of her horse rather than stay and talk to her and Ilyea. Perhaps her wariness around people is a good thing

"Ilyea, he is a fine little fellow. What will you do with him? Are you planning on staying here in Lorien for a while? Or are you looking for an adventure?" asked Liniel.

I must start to ready myself for Cuivienen. I need some new traveling clothes. "Eleniel, perhaps in a day or two, you can help me decide on garb for travel. I would like several pairs of leggings and I hope to obtain a dress that I can fold into a small parcel."

Turning to the stalls, Linriel said, "I must go check on Meldir. Also, I must decide if I want a saddle that was given to me or if I want to choose one for myself. I have never really liked a saddle but for this journey I think it would be best that one is used." Linriel heard a loud whinny that could only belong to Meldir so she hurried to his stall.

Eleniel smiled as she watched her friend hurry to her horse. She walked over, with just a bit of hesitation, to Ilyea and looked into the stall. The newly born foal looked up at the maid. "Oh, he is beautiful," said Eleniel. "He will grow to be a fine stallion." Eleniel turned to look at Ilyea. "You say you have been on a quest with Linriel. What sort of quest?"
<< First4142434445Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email