Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dear diary,

Gimli thinks I made a bad choice. Never. Aragorn has put me through trauma that cannot be described with words!? I'm going to murder him in his sleep.

-Angry Legolas

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Apparently, Legolas has thrown yet another of his temper tantrums and taken my necklace.

When I catch up with him, he's going to rue the day he was conceived.

Arwen

P.S. My brothers are coming with me.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dear diary,

Heard Arwen was coming with the twins: good. We can prank Eomer! I've hidden the necklace securely.

-legolas

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

maybe, just maybe all around need some serious calming down??? Our dear sister and Thranduil's sometimes impetuous son are at it like kittens which still need house-training. Gah! Reminds me of approximately 1900 years ago or so. Maybe dad can send us a very specific Miruvor that could do the calming-down trick? Going to check out that thought with Elrohir.

Annoyed Elladan.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

My brother seems to be rather disturbed by the behaviour of our younger sister and her pal Leggy. Don't know what his problem is but Leggy has come up with a brilliant plan for pranking Éomer.

Found sis's necklace stuffed down the side of Ata's favourite chair. No idea how it got there but I'll give it to her this evening over a nice glass of miruvor.

Elrohir
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

for some reason I have the feeling I need to watch out for what these Elves or Half-Elves are up to. I think I'll invite Éowyn and ask her to bring her reforged Witch-king killing sword. That should improve their manners a bit.

Éomer.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Somehow Éomer is onto us so we're going to have to be particularly clever if we're going to pull off the prank I've planned.

I wonder who told him?

Legolas
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I've heard reports that Legolas has been acting funny again recently. Has he been visiting Radagast and trying out dubious mushrooms again? Maybe I should take a break and cajole him into a new visit in Fangorn. Old Treebeard might set Leggy straight with the odd Ent-draught.

Gimli.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Gimli has either developed an unusual attraction to Ents, or my father is trying to get me to leave Meduseld before I get the chance to prank Éomer King. I wonder if they're in cahoots?

I know my father professes a disliking for dwarves, but I'm not sure how much is posturing and how much is truth. Anyway, I'm not budging until I've had my fun.

Now I wonder where I put those shrooms Raddie gave me.

Legolas
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

seems that somewhat unstable Elf Legolas has gotten hold of some of the more potent mushrooms which I have been studying. What nobody (apparently including my brethren Olórin and Curumo) has apparently realized is that I always tested any mushrooms I came across with a tiny specimen. What others, including this unstable Elf Legolas, have done with them is utterly insane (or will render them users utterly insane). Might be a good idea to head for this place called Rohan and have my inimitable rabbits sniff out this dangerous cache of dangerous mushrooms.

Radagast

[Edited on 05/07/2016 by Gandolorin]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I have received yet another letter concerning my son's erratic behaviour. I think it's time to bring him home so we can have another father-son chat, not that it seems to make much difference.

The somewhat irked Elven-king
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

well, the cute if occasionally oddball biped who hangs on to the sled we pull has brought us to some place where there are a lot of these big critters with long stick legs and just one big toenail. They're pretty fair in a straightaway run, but boy, do they stink in cornering! Anyway, apparently sled-hanger-on wanted us to sniff out mushrooms in this big above-ground burrow for bipeds near where the stick-legs have their digs. But I mean, this biped place just stinks of mushrooms. There must be a biped here who collects these mushrooms with a vengeance that tops even that of sled-hanger-on by miles. And let's face it, these mushrooms are all just run-of-the-mill eats for us rabbits, but from what I've seen, they are not very healthy for bipeds. Sled-hanger-on knows this because we told him so. So I guess we'd best sniff out these mushrooms everywhere and have a feast, before these bipeds end up having serious issues.

Rhosgobel Rabbit #3.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The blonde laddie is a wee anxious having been summoned home by his father over some unstated problem. I tried to reassure him that it's likely nothing to worry about but he just keeps shaking his head and saying: "What now I wonder?"

I guess we'll find out when we get there.

Gimli
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary.

My great and powerful Father... I mean my dull and boring Father wants me to come home. Fat chance, there is nothing to do there. Gimli thought it was funny when he suggested that my Dad married Tauriel and she could be my step mother. I of course laughed it off as a joke although I did get Gimli back by shaving off his beard while he slept. I'm off to somewhere else.

Legolas
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

My son has refused to return to Mirkwood so I can address his apparent overuse of mushrooms. I have sent Tauriel out with a search party.

Ticked off Elven-king

"Mud and flying are incompatible concepts."
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I'm so tired of dealing with Legolas' crap. Why can't he just do as he's told. I have to drag his sorry backside home, which, mind you, isn't exactly easy. He's so hopped up on mushrooms that he doesn't even realize what he's doing!

Tauriel
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Ran into Tauriel who has been sent to fetch laddie-boy. Told her she wouldn't have to if I catch up with him first because I'm going to kill him - slowly - for shaving off my beard.

Utterly miffed Gimli

ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I heard awhile back from my cousin in the Shire that there were strange happenings going on, but I didn't know he meant there would be elves and dwarves chasing each other. I even called a truce with one of those rabbits who help out the strange wizard and got some information out of him. Strange things are happening in this place. Strange things. I'm considering making the trek to join my cousin back in the Shire.

Very Confused Fox
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Boy, things are sure slow around here. I had a bit of excitement when that group came through - woulda had me a fine meal if I hadn't lost a tentacle - but nothing since they went into the mines. Bet that crabby Balrog got 'em. Serves them right.

I wonder what I'll eat for dinner. I'm tired of the cast-offs the goblins keep throwing at me.

Watcher (in the water)

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Fed the Watcher today; stupid thing tried to have off with one of me legs... ungrateful monster. Last time I ever throw it anything! It can eat lake weed for all I care now! Maybe I'll go outside and taunt it from a high rock, just to show it who's in charge around here! I mean, it practically had a bunch of people to eat, and it was outsmarted by them. Useless thing.

The Watcher's Watching Goblin
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,
This morn I arose very early before any of the family was awake, and departed for a week at the Havens. I left a note for my dear forgetful genius. My husband promised me a vacation 34 wedding anniversaries ago. He seems to have forgotten, but this should reawaken the memory. See how he likes single parenting for a week! I always wanted a big family, but I did not dream of parenting them by myself, which has been the case all to often of late. The experience will be good for him, and maybe it will even give him some sympathy for what his father went through, only with seven sons instead of one.

It does take patience and wisdom to be married to an artist. I left a note also for my sweet eldest asking him to help dad with his brothers. I know I can count on him.

Merrily,
Nerdanel
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Almost had me a goblin today. Just missed one of its legs. Probably thinks it can outsmart me by climbing on the rock by the pool. Doesn't realise my older tentacles are much longer than the newer ones.

Watcher and Waiter

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, diddly-dee."
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I locked myself in my workshop.

My wife left on some sort of trip without warning me, and any second the boys are going to wake up. I hope they can take care of themselves, because I have a very important project I need to work on right now. I'm sure it will take all day. Maybe all week, or all year. The timing of this vacation is really inconvenient. I don't know why my wife couldn't have talked about it with me first. I could have asked Dad to babysit the boys. He's the one who always wanted a big family anyway!

I found her note first thing this morning. I looked around the house, wondering what she would do. Make breakfast? Clean up? Because this is what I saw: toys, gems, bows, arrows, assorted metal craft tools, sticks, leaves, pieces of wire, several musical instruments, fishing poles, metal ingots, books, papers, partly eaten snacks . . .

I could feel my stress levels rising. My breath was getting short. I’m an artist! I can’t handle this! I go into fey moods when I get stressed. Soon the boys would be awake, all seven of them bouncing off walls, tracking mud, fighting, and making enough noise for seven times seven. I looked sadly at the sound proof door to my workshop, then back at the mess. I knew what I had to do for the sake of all involved.

Then I was SAVED! I was struck by INSPIRATION! I had the most amazing idea. I need to work on it right away before I forget any of the details. This is vital. Everyone in Arda will be the poorer if I don’t get this done. I locked the door of my workshop and immediately felt much better. The families of artists have to make sacifices sometimes. But I left a note for Maedhros telling him he can do whatever he wants as long as he keeps an eye on his brothers. He’s got a good head on his shoulders. I know I can count on him.
Inspired,
Fëanor
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Well, this morning really put me into a foul mood. I came down to the kitchen to find mother has gone off somewhere, and father had locked himself in his workshop doing who knows what. He did leave a note telling me that I am to be in charge of my brothers.

The first thing I did was drag Maglor out of bed and get him to make breakfast as he's the only one of us who can cook. Of course, Curufin wanted pancakes instead of bacon and eggs, but that's par for the course. He always wants something different. I told him to eat his eggs and be thankful for it. He flung himself off his chair and flounced out of the room. The twins got food all over themselves and the floor, which I then had to wash.

We, excluding Curufin who stayed in his room sulking, spent the rest of the morning cleaning the house. There was some grumbling from Celegorm and Caranthir but they pitched in and did their share.

In the afternoon, we went over to grandfather's house and spent a lovely afternoon in the garden, playing games and lolling about. Curufin, naturally, stayed home. Grandmother Indis took pity on us and fed us dinner, and sent some dinner back with us for Curufin.

When we got home, I went upstairs to give Curufin his dinner and told him that, since he had spent the day doing nothing, he could get the twins ready for bed. I must say they adore him and love it when he does. I heard a lot of splashing and laughing, and went back upstairs to remind him to wipe up the floor.

Caranthir and Celegorm spent the rest of the evening playing board games, while Maglor practiced his harp, and I caught up on some reading. No sign of father; or Curufin after he put the twins to bed.

I think I'll turn in now. Hopefully, I won't have to babysit tomorrow.

Maedhros

"The Corrupteds' favourite hobby is annoying Istar members of CoE!"
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Image Exactly the kind of response I was hoping for, ES!
Dear Diary,

I accidentally overslept because I was up late last night, waiting outside Father’s workshop for him to come out. I don’t know if he ever did though, because I fell asleep on the floor eventually. I think he did, because the leftover bacon was gone. Then again, Celegorm may have fed it to Oromë’s hounds.

I had planned to wake up early so I could sneak out and ask Fingon if he wanted to go fishing (we are getting low on food) before everyone else got up, but I was awakened by the smell of burning toast. Aparently Caranthir had decided to be helpful and get breakfast started.

Naturally, Curufin (I have no idea where he was last night) now wanted bacon instead of “that greasy sausage” but we were out, so I told him it was his tough luck. He wouldn’t eat a bite after that, but began building a catapult from kitchen implements instead. I consider breakfast a success because: 1. Caranthir only caught half the toast on fire, and the other half was not too blackened to eat, 2. the twins cried when Celegorm gave their sausages to the hounds, but they stopped when I gave them Curufin’s, 3. no one got their eye poked out when Curufin started loading silverware into his catapult, even though Maglor thought he was aiming for him (actually he was aiming at me).

The twins volunteered to wash the dishes, which I should have recognized as a danger sign, but I was too tired to care. They just wanted to blow bubbles, and they got water all over the kitchen. The good news is that the kitchen looked cleaner after we finished mopping up the suds. I felt inspired to keep it that way, so I got everyone to spend the day outside. Curufin wanted to stay in and do smithcraft stuff, but I didn’t want to come back to find he’d blown another hole in the wall with a chemistry experiment, so I coaxed him into coming by helping him lug his gemsmith kit outside.

I am too weary to record all that transpired, and most of it does not bear repeating. Here is a small sample.

Maglor was singing at the top of his voice. The twins were standing behind Curufin while he was working, whispering and giggling. Finally Amrod asked, was he making jewelry again? And Amras asked, was it for that girl he likes? (What girl??) He flew off the handle and yelled at me to make them stop pestering him. Maglor was asking at the same time if I’d listen to his new song. Curufin told Maglor to shut up, he sounded like a Shoreland Piper, then asked me if he could borrow my pliars because he misplaced his. I might as well give him my entire smith kit at this rate. While I was getting the pliars, I noticed Caranthir whining at the foot of a tree Celegorm was climbing. He wanted me to get Celegorm out of the tree so he could play with him. Celegorm was way out on the end of a skinny branch trying to feed a worm to a baby bird, and I heard the branch give an alarming crack just as I was walking under it.

My sanity was saved by Fingon showing up with his adorable little sister in tow. Fingon’s the best, and Aredhel is a lot more fun than our other girl cousin. She brought a bunch of throwing knives with her, and we had a throwing contest that lasted all afternoon. It was a blast.

-Maedhros
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I woke with a start and found myself precariously perched on the bench in the workshop, and I realised that I had no idea how long I'd been in the shop.

When I entered the kitchen, I was astounded to find it spotless. Leaving Russandol in charge of his brothers worked out better than I thought it would. Unfortunately, when I went to make myself something to eat, there was no bacon and I had to eat sausage instead.

I looked around for the boys and finally found Curufin in his room working on some miniature weapons. He aimed one of them at me, but managed to stay his hand when he realised it wasn't one of his brothers. He told me the others had gone to the beach with their cousins. They finally arrived home just in time for dinner.

The twins had terrible sunburns, and moaned and complained until Maglor (bless him) slathered them with some cream he found upstairs. Caranthir had stepped on a jellyfish, and his foot had swollen up like a balloon. Apparently, Maglor used vinegar to counteract the toxin (how the boy knows these things, I don't know). Celegorm found a lost puppy, named him "Bob", and begged me to be allowed to keep him (what Nerdanel will say about it I hesitate to guess). Maedhros had caught several fish which I cleaned and added to our dinner fare.

After dinner, Maedhros and Maglor retreated to the library, and the other boys, except Curufin who went to his room, played a lively game of block and tackle. The usual fight broke out when Caranthir accused Celegorm of elbowing him in head.

After telling Maedhros to deal with it, and get his brothers ready for bed, I beat a hasty retreat back to the workshop.

I wonder when they'll all get married and move out.

Fëanor

"The Corrupteds' favourite hobby is annoying Istar members of CoE!"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
*SHRIEK!* This thread appears to have mutated into an RPG!!! Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
No it hasn't. The characters are merely describing their days. If it was an RPG, we would be assuming the persona of the characters and interacting with each other in a way that furthers a story.

Dear Diary,

Once again Gandalf has grumped at me because he wants me to behave a particular way. Well, too bad, so sad! I like being me too much to change. Besides, I don't want to become a bore.

Pippin
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,
My mum always told me that if I wanted to make something out of my life I ought to find a big flock of sheep and a kind shepherd, then spend my days keeping them all under control. You know, herding them in circles and keeping them out of trouble and protecting them from stray dogs. That might be a fine life for my litter mates, but today I found a cute little elf and followed him home and guess what I found?!! A whole passel of little elf boys who are all very eager to feed me sausage.

These poor elflings obviously need a good herding dog to look after them. Their dad seems a bit preoccupied, and I have no idea where their mum is. It seems up to me to keep them in line, but that's a job I'm happy to do! Wait till my mum sees me at my new home; she'll be so proud to see I've taken responsibility for a whole pack of elflings! I'm not even sure how many there are, but more than there are toes on one of my paws, that's for sure.
One of the elflings, Celegorm, named me Bob, which isn't the name I would have chosen for myself, but the elf kid is such a cute little thing I don't mind
Bob )the puppy)

[Edited on 05/27/2016 by Estelanor Of The Shire]
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Saw Father yesterday. I asked him what he was working on, and he told me was making sìlìma. Like that cleared it up. I didn’t want to admit that I didn’t know what that was, so I looked it up in the dictionary, but couldn’t find it. Apparently it hasn’t been invented yet.

I tried to tell him how hard it was for Maedhros and I to handle everything by ourselves. I don’t think he really listened, but he said we were doing well and he was proud of us. I am rather proud of us too, actually. Yesterday at the beach, I met Aunt Ëarwen, and she asked how Father was faring with Mother gone, and I told her we were handling it for him. She smiled strangely, and said “Poor Nerdanel.” I could see her thinking that Mother would come home to find every dish in the house stacked in the sink and dirty laundry strewn across the floor. It was annoying . . . wait, I think we did miss laundry day.

The younger boys were tired from spending all day yesterday at the beach, so it was quiet for a little while. Maedhros discovered that Celegorm snuck Bob up to his room after he had forbade him from allowing Bob in the house, and the puppy got out and tracked mud across the floors. I could see Maedhros was counting to ten. Then he ran outside, slamming the door. I went after him and told him not to be so hard on himself. He is always too hard on himself. Maedhros and I agreed that it would be wonderful to surprise Mother with a clean house when she gets back. Maedhros will deal with Curufin and Celegorm, and I will handle the little boys. Maedhros told Celegorm that if he wants to keep Bob, then he better demonstrate that he can clean up all his messes. That did the trick. I never saw the floor mopped so fast. I found that all the carpets had beach sand in them, and got the three youngest to help me beat them out. I promised the twins two bedtime stories in return, and Caranthir wanted to play a board game. I let him win. He is a frightfully sore loser. I noticed he had jam stains on his tunic and asked him to change, but he said all his tunics were dirty.

We gathered up all the laundry and took it to the river. My helpers were enthusiastic because I let them wash the laundry by tying it to the raft and paddling around with it. (We may have lost a few socks, but I doubt anyone will notice.) Cousin Nerwen happened by and said that’s not how you do it, but as she didn’t volunteer to do it herself, I didn’t care what she said. She may have been impressed that I knew how to remove jam stains with lemon juice, but it is difficult to tell.

For our plan to succeed, we must keep the younger boys from wrecking the house as fast as we can clean it up for the next three days. I have just the idea. We are going camping.

-Maglor
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

It's blessedly quiet as I write this entry. Everyone is finally asleep, although the twins put up their usual fuss.

Maglor approached me with an insane idea about going camping for the next three days, thereby keeping the house clean for when mother returns. Initially, I thought he was quite mad but the more I thought about it, the better it sounded.

We gathered all of our gear together this evening, with Celegorm's help (he's always enthusiastic when it comes to anything outdoorsy), and we'll tell the others in the morning. The only fly in the ointment will be Curufin (naturally) as he's not fond of sleeping on the ground due to the 'bugs'.

Must write a note for father to let him know where we've all disappeared to (not that he'll likely notice).

Maedhros
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

We’re off! It took longer to get out of the house than I would have liked. Although Celegorm did a good job packing everything everyone would need last night, they all thought of things they wanted to add. Now I see why Father never gives people enough time to pack when he takes us places. Caranthir wanted to bring most of his collection of plush toys and his special blanket. I said yes to the special blanket - he probably couldn’t sleep without it at any rate - but limited him to two stuffed animals. He agonized over choosing which ones to bring and changed his mind several times. Curufin was dragging his feet over leaving his “workshop” (aka overcrowded bedroom), as expected. Maedhros broke the stalemate by dangling a chance to visit Aulë’s Hall. That brought him around, but then it took both of us to talk him out of stuffing his pack with metalworking projects. I think he got it down to some gems, a roll of silver wire, and a handful of odds and ends, after we repeatedly warned him nobody was going to carry his over loaded pack for him.

I was going to put together sandwiches with the last of the bread (we will have to forage most of our food from now on), but everyone wanted something different so I told them to make their own sandwiches. In the incredibly messy and lengthy process that followed, Amrod ate all the marmalade and Amras mixed up the ketchup with the hot sauce. Guess who got to clean up.

We passed Fingon in the street, and Maedhros invited him along. He said he’d love to come, but he would have to ask his parents, which means its hopeless. Fingon’s dad and our dad don’t get on. Fingon said he wished his parents gave us as much freedom as ours do. Maedhros said he hadn’t looked at it that way before. I hadn’t thought of fending for ourselves as freedom, but it hasn’t been all bad. I just wouldn’t like to be responsible for my younger brothers all the time.

Everyone was in good spirits until about lunch time. The twins had already eaten their sandwiches hours ago, so they just rolled around on the ground with Bob. The hot sauce sandwiches were a surprise, but turned out to be surprisingly popular. The only one who wasn’t happy was Curufin, because apparently someone ate his sandwich by mistake and it was the only one without pickles in it. I removed the pickles from half of my sandwich and offered it to him, but he refused because “it wouldn’t be the same.” Can’t say I was sorry as I was quite hungry.
Long before Laurelin dimmed, Curufin was complaining that his pack was too heavy and wanted someone else to carry it for him. Naturally I refused, but he talked Celegorm into carrying it somehow. We picked some fruit for dinner. Celegorm is an excellent hunter - when he can bring himself to kill anything that is - but there was nothing to shoot as the younger boys were making too much noise.

We were arguing about whether the mushrooms were edible, when Bob started barking his head off, and an amazing thing happened. Lord Oromë found us. He didn’t have Nahar with him, just several dozen dogs, and he wasn’t winding his horn or anything, but he was still scary. But not in a bad way, I guess. Turns out he was looking for Bob, and had been very worried about him. He thanked Celegorm, who was totally in awe of him, for taking good care of Bob. Only Bob is really called Huan. Celegorm was quite downcast about giving the puppy back, so Oromë said he could visit him. Then he asked Celegorm a lot of questions about dogs. I found out he knows more than I do about dogs, and Lord Oromë seemed impressed too. He said when Huan is a little older, Celegorm can have him to keep! Well! Mother and Father won’t be able to say anything about that. And am I the only one who noticed that Huan’s mother is almost the size of a pony?

Lord Oromë showed us a great place to camp, and pointed out lots of tasty plants and mushrooms to add to our stores. He told Curufin about an herb he can put in his bedding to keep the bugs off. And he told us a thrilling story about fighting monsters in the Outer Lands that kept the twins up for hours. I felt a little dazed when he left. I’d like to hear more of his stories.

-Maglor
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Well, the first day of our camping trip went pretty well, despite the late start.

Lord Oromë found us somewhat lost in the forest and found us a wonderful campsite. He spent the evening with us and we all had a great time, apart from Celegorm who had been told that "Bob" is actually one of Lord Oromë's hounds.

He promised Celegorm he could have him back once he was older. (Celegorm thought he meant the hound, but I thought he was referring to my brother.) We were rather impressed when he noticed Celegorm could communicate with birds and such. We knew he was good with them, but never realised his gift was much greater. Mother will be most impressed; Father, not so much.

I wonder how Father is coping by himself. Thinking on it, we pretty much packed all the food in the house for the trip.

Time to turn in. We're going fishing tomorrow morning so we'll all be up early.

Maedhros
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I don’t know what the date is.

I stuck my head out of the workshop, and found the house strangely quiet. Laurelin and Telperion were mingling, but I can not tell whether it is the day’s beginning or its ending.

I ventured out to look for something to eat. I can’t remember when I last had eaten. But the pantry was nearly bare except for some hot sauce. Maybe there is something in the garden but all those plants look alike to me. I suppose I should go into town and get some groceries, but my head was feeling fuzzy so I sat down in my favorite armchair and stared at the ceiling, thinking about crystalline structures. I could almost see them floating around up there, trying to tell me something . . .

Later

I woke up with Father shaking my shoulder. He seemed worried about me. He fussed over me like I was a small child. I told him to knock it off, but secretly, I liked it very much. He brought over a basket of my favorite foods and cooked dinner just the way I like it. The biscuits were better than he ever made, though, so I suspect that she-elf he calls his wife made them, but I pretended not to notice that.

Father said that he had a feeling I could use a visit when he heard from Fingon that the boys were out. The boys are out? First I heard of it. Nobody ever tells me anything. Sometimes I even get the feeling that Manwë is holding out on me. Father said that the boys are growing up and I must be very proud of them. I had no idea what he was talking about, so I agreed. Have they moved out or something? Sometimes I look forward to that, but it seems rather abrupt. They really should have talked to me. Having the house to myself without all their junk under foot was pleasant, though.

I told Father about how I want to build a stronger crystalline structure, but silica-oxygen tetrahedra have their limits, as strong as they are. Father is the only one I trust not to steal my ideas. Even Nerdanel might carelessly mention something to her father. I could tell that I lost him after a little while, but talking it over with Father helped anyway. I have a new idea I want to try right away.

-Fëanor

P.S. I found a note jammed under my workshop door from Maedhros saying they are going camping for three days. Problem is, I forgot to ask Father what day it is, so I don’t know how long they have been gone.

[Edited on 06/17/2016 by Elfeawen Lomiondil]

[Edited on 06/17/2016 by Elfeawen Lomiondil]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

After a pleasant three days camping, we arrived home to find Father snoozing in his favourite chair. From the size of the empty food basket on the floor beside it, Indis must have taken pity on him; not that he'd appreciate the gesture.

There were several bills and letters laying on the small table in the hall that Father had apparently picked up off the floor, but had not bothered to open. Had he done so he would have discovered a letter from Mother informing him that she would be delayed a "few more weeks".

When I told him what she had written he was pretty nonchalant about it, forgetting that school would be starting in three days and he wouldn't be able to rely on Russandol and myself to look after our brothers.

He stared at me for a few seconds, muttered something about crystalline structures, and disappeared into his workshop.

I'm not sure what we'll do.

Maglor

"It is orc-necks I would hew, not shave the scalps of Men."
"Actually, my favourite pets are reptiles"
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email