Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindir
Council Member
Send Message
Post OK - who cried? Come on, I know you're out there...
on: December 28, 2003 10:35
I shall admit it with my head held high. I cried eight times during RotK - who else did and why? I cried when: Denethor said that he wished that Faramir had died instead of Boromir; when Merry and Pippin were split at the beginning of the film; when Frodo told Sam to go home; when Pippin was singing that song to Denethor while poor Faramir was riding to his death; when Sam mustered the last of his strength and carried Frodo up Mount Doom; at the end when Frodo said goodbye to everyone before he got on the 'last ship' (just so's you know, I resent that - Legolas built the last ship); when Theoden died; and when (I really cried at this one) all of the people present at Aragorn's corrination bowed to the Hobbits. There. I am done.

Lindir
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
Post RE: OK - who cried? Come on, I know you're out there...
on: December 28, 2003 10:59
*Holds hand high!*

All of the above, plus when Pippin found Merry on the battlefield and, oh heck, about the whole last half hour.

Kiss
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 11:03
I didn't cry but I teared up at several points....particulary during the scene between Faramir and denethor.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 02:32
My eyes went wet during several scenes. But I really cried a little at the end of the movie, when Frodo left with the Ship:cry:.
_Rilaisseth_
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 02:59
I'll admit it, I cried. I actually had to stop myself from bawling aloud several times, but the main times were when Sam carried Frodo and when it flashed "The End" on the screen.
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 06:49
I cried through the whole thing. :cry: I cried the most when Frodo said goodbye to his friends, and left on the ship...it was sooo sad and sweet.
enchantress_galadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 07:28
I admit it... I bawled like a baby. LOL*

At the end, when they are all saying goodbye... it felt as if I was also saying goodbye to old friends.

I am proud to say I was not the only mascara smeared person leaving the theater. The girl behind me was also wet eyed when everyone was leaving.

hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 08:12
when did i NOT cry?? At one point I was crying so bad that I can't feel my hands and legs (hyperventalating too much). I cried at happy parts, sad parts ,and all the parts inbetween!
tani
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 09:00
Oh man did I cry, when Pippin and Merry Split, When Frodo sent Sam "home", when Sam said that if he would have married anyone it would have been Rosie, when Arwen felt her hands go cold for the first time, when Elrond and Aragorn quoted Gilraen's last words to her son, when Pippin sang, and way more beside. Far out, I cried when Billy sang on the soundtrack before I even saw the movie, and in the song for the credits on the soundtrack too!!:blush:
Morque
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 12:33
I was with a bunch of my uber macho friends, so that kinda prevented me from crying, but my heart did weep for any scene where Faramir had been (recently) near Denethor...:cry::cry:
Navalina
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 04:10
I didn't really cry (although I thought I would) but I did get teary eyes a couple of times.
snowystingray
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 04:34
The first time I saw it I started crying when Arwen sees the vision of Aragorn and Eldarian... Corny, I know, but it really did make me cry! And I basically cried throughout the rest of the movie after that. I recently went back and watched it again, and this time I didn't cry until Theoden's death scene, but then after that come all of the most emotional parts (Frodo and Sam on Orodruin, Aragorn's coronation, back in Hobbiton, the Grey Havens) so I just cried until the end of the film. I have never cried that much during any movie, but it's just so touching! When hobbits cry, I cry.
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 04:50
I didn't cry at all (No, I'm not cold hearted, you should see me during The Lion King) but there was one scene that made my eyes water: Pippin singing, while Faramir is riding to almost certain death and Denethor is just sat there eating like nothing is happening...sort of hate Denethor.
FireQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 05:24
I cried three times:cry: when Denethor said the he wished Faramir had died then pippin siging Denethor not caring if his son dies. Then when Frodo was saying goodbye to his friends.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 11:20
I cried from the moment Merry runs after Pippin (yeah, that early in the film) all the way to the end - and you may take that very literally

absolute highlights were:
- the above mentioned departure of Pippin
- Gandalf placing his hand on Pips shoulder when the beacon of Minas Morgul is sent out
- Denethor insulting Faramir (that teary-eyed face, that silent suffering) and Pippin singing to Denethor
- the charge of the Rohirrim (I cracked up completely when Éowyn and Merry shouted 'Death', but I have to admit that the second and third time I already started bawling when I saw those horses appear on the horizon)
- Gandalf talking about Valinor (All the world us turned to silverglass)
- Sam being left behind by Frodo - cried my eyes out
- Théoden's death (I know your face... Éowyn)
- Pippin finding Merry on the battlefield
- Aragorn's speech in front of the Black Gate, and of course 'For Frodo' (with Merry and Pippin running behind him)
- everything on Mount Doom from the moment Sam begins talking about the Shire up till Frodo's 'It's mine'
- the end of all things... with Sam's memory of Rosie and the arrival of the eagles
- when everyone bows for the Hobbits
- said Hobbits when Frodo and Gandalf leave
- 'Into the West' by Annie Lennox - god, I just started crying again the first two times

yeah, what can I say - I'm a bit of a cry-baby (and these are just the most memorable ones, I even cried when I saw Merry on his little white pony!)
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 11:31
I cried alot during this movie

-When Denethor says that he wished Faramir had died and Boromir had lived, :cry:
-When Frodo tells Sam to go home
-When Elrond almost cries because Arwen is losing her immortality
-The parting of Frodo and Sam at the Gray Havens
-When Faramir leaves for battle (I was crying before then, but that scene made it worse)

Um there's probably more...
fishi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 11:53
The first time I only truly cried when Theoden died, but I was teary more most of the rest.

The second I wept whenever I saw Faramir, and at the end when Frodo was leaving. I have no idea what changed, though
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 12:00
That's what happened to me fishi. I cried once the first time I saw it, then the second time I cried alot more. But I suppose I was a litte distracted because of my friends lol, we decided to poke fun at that one 'leader' orc.
Evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 12:01
when did i NOT cry??

Well, that about sums it up for me... I cried so much my nose got raw and sore. And I got a major headache. My brother just kind of looked at me sideways, but hey...

I cried over so many moments in that movie it's unbelievable - so I won't list them 'cause if you named it, chances are I cried during it!! I will say one thing, however: 'Into the West'. And I thought 'May It Be' made me cry... Heck. I was reduced to uselessness while listening to 'Into the West'. It's such a beautiful song... 'May It Be' was robbed in the Oscars 2 years ago - they better not rob 'Into the West'!!! [/rant]

heh heh... *sheepish*

Evenstar :blush:
losing_her_head
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 03:23
i couldnt stop crying!!!!!!! whether it was becuase it was too sad or too happy or just because it was over:cry:
Puppet_Master
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 03:56
Ah? I didn´t cry a little tear :dizzy: Ehhh, in fact, I wasn´t sad or weepy...I was expecting so much more. Anyway i liked the movie.
But book... book is really sad
DreaminofValinor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 07:24
*raises hand emphatically* i cried like a baby! and i don't cry easily! i cried... (not counting the parts where i was teared up, this is when i CRIED)
-frodo telling sam to go home
-going up mt doom
-from being on the rock to the end of the movie!!! (that's about 45 min, if you'd like to know)
i was teared up for over half...lol. above was the first time, i've been 4 times (going again in 2 hrs! ) and i've cried at the havens every time. on the 4th time i cried up mt doom again....

:cry:
Donut_Lord
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 07:36
I cried... Eh, pretty much the whole time, starting from when they showed Smeagol turning into Gollum. The tears cleared up until Frodo sent Sam home and they came back again. This is one of the few movies that make me wannna cry.
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 10:09
Ok, so I admit I cried at this one. I'm not a movie-crier at all, but ROTK got me! It's the first movie in history that can "brag" about the fact that it got me crying..

The responsible scenes;
* The departing of the Ringbearers, Frodo and Bilbo Oh man, that was too sad! Knowing that the story was all over; no more Fellowship and also that there'd be no more movies to look forward to! This was the only one that really made my cry bigtime. I thought I'd only cry the first time I saw the movie, but no..

Those that left me a bit teary-eyed were
* Aragorn's speech outside the Black Gates
* The downfall of the Dark Tower
* Pippin's song
* Denethor telling Faramir he'd rather want him dead than Boromir.
* Frodo leaving Sam
* Frodo walking around in Bag End after ended journey thinking about how to turn things back to the way they were.
* And of course, every time I hear Annie Lennox's song. Makes me think of the last scene of ROTK and that makes me all sad
dawny
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 10:16
oh boy, i cried so much i needed eye drops in work in the afternoon, as i walked into work my collegue asked "well , how was it" and i sobbed my heart out!
there's too much to mention but the main ones were when aragorn kisses arwen at his coronation wow! what a kiss, no need for words, probably one of the most passionate kisses in movie history.
when arwen has visions of the future in life before death
and just before theoden dies and he says to eowyn, " i know your face"
going to watch it again in the new year will probably cry again.
Malinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 05:59
I shed a few tears when:

-Theoden died
-Aragorn said/yelled "For Frodo"
-Sam told Frodo "I can't carry it for you....." and
-Pippin singing while poor Faramir was riding out......

Malinda
sHanDenOrLa
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 06:59
i just saw it about an hour ago, and i cried at only two parts, i'm so proud of myself :
- when aragorn is newly crowned and he finds the four hobbits and they bow to him but he goes "my friends, you shall bow to no one" or something like that then everyone bows to them.
- when sam and frodo are climbing mount doom, and sam makes that speech about the shire, and he goes "i can't carry for you, but i can carry you" and he carries frodo.
Silmarwen22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 05:43
I cried a lot. It all started when Arwen had her vision.

Then, from the time Pip sang, I cried through most of the rest. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack when Aragorn was crowned. I was terrible.

:cry:
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 02:21
I didn't full out cry but my eyes got teary pleanty. Espically when Frodo hugged Sam and got on the ship. I noticed some my *emotionally hardened* freinds tear up at that point too.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 02:23
i cried when Frodo sent Sam away, when Merry and Pippin were seperated, and basically the whole last half hour:cry:. plus when Sam carried Frodo and when Pippin sang:cry:. and when Frodo left:cry:. okay i'm done now.
Frodos_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 04:47
I cried SO hard!! The first time, I cried when Theoden died, when Aragorn said "For Frodo", when they were going up Mt. Doom, inside Mt. Doom, outside Mt. Doom, when Frodo woke up and everyone came in, when Frodo talked about picking up the threads of an old life, and of course, the Grey Havens, where I completely lost it. :cry: :cry:

The second time, I cried twice as hard; and for some reason, when Gandalf was telling Pippin what it was like to die, I started bawling, though no where near as bad as the Grey Havens scene. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Needless to say, most of my tears were for poor Frodo. :cry:
Lindir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 10:03
But I suppose I was a litte distracted because of my friends lol, we decided to poke fun at that one 'leader' orc.

He he - I can relate to that one perfectly: myself and Grimasmistress went to see it on my birthday (second time round for the two of us) and I just couldn't help thinking: "God, he looks like he ran into a wall! And he has hair in his eye socket!" Sorry, but you just can't take someone seriously when they have hair in their eye socket. 'Search-light' Sauron had us in stitches as well...

Lindir
~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 04:07
I didn't *cry*, by that I mean I didn't start making bawling noises; but I did shed tears quite a few times:

~When Theoden essentially congratulates Eowyn about her and Aragorn; I just felt so bad for her!
~When Arwen sees Eldarion; also when she gives up her immortality
~When Eowyn talks about Merry not being able to go into battle, and essentially is talking about herself, and when she picks Merry up... tears of happyness!
~Denethor sending Faramir off to die; Pippin's song
~The Ride of the Rohirrim; Theoden's death
~Sam saying: 'I can't carry it, but I can carry you!'
~Sam talking about remembering Rosie Cotton dancing with ribbons in her hair... aww...! :love:
~And of course, the Grey Havens. Esp. Gandalf saying: "I will not say: 'Do not weep'; for not all tears are an evil'. That's my favorite line from the book, I was so happy to hear it in the Moive!
Nimrochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 04:59
I did not cry at all. Nope. Not a single tear. No crying Nim makes. No tears welling up or anything. Nope. Zip. Nata.

Okay, I like to rub it it...
Em_Elvenlady
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 05:47
I did not cry AT ALL either! I like have a heart of steel:blush: b/c I saw Elijah Wood on MTV and he was going on and on about how he cried both times he saw it. I got really sad but no tears or anything- I got misty eyed at some parts- which is saying a lot for me. I got misty eyed at the grey havens and when theoden dies :cry:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email