Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
I_Luv_Frodo
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OK - who cried? Come on, I know you're out there...
on: June 13, 2004 04:05
*waves hand*
I, I_Luv_Frodo, proudly admit that I cried almost the entire movie!!! (The first time I saw it!!!) I have cried EVERY time I saw it and hopefull will cry EVERY time I see it! :disco:

The part that makes me cry every time...this is kinda weird, but it's when Éowyn yells. You know, when the Rohirrim are about to charge on Pelennor Fields.... *sob*.....and, of cource, the end. Doesn't Frodo's smile just break your heart?? Ahhhh, the most heart-wrenching...most fulfilling thing!!!!!:love::love:

Ok, I cried!!! A lot!!! Almost the whole thing!!!
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 03:23
I cried, mostly at the ending...so bootiful *sniff*
when aragorn says "my friends you bow to no1!" that got me soo bad :cry: But when you saw everyones faces at Ara's coronation, and started thinking of Boromir and theoden that weren't there! Plus I kept thinking, I won't be looking foreward to the next LOTR again...ever! (apart from the extended edition)

There were so many parts that I cried, and I think I had goosebumps all the way through.
Lindir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 06:25

The part that makes me cry every time...this is kinda weird, but it's when Éowyn yells. You know, when the Rohirrim are about to charge on Pelennor Fields

That doesn't make me cry, but that whole scene gives me a thrill - the whole notion of a cavalry charge on such a grand scale is just fantastic in my view - I'm a succer for horses, and that scene is just so wonderfully dramatic and romantic *yes, I think that there is a definate romantic feel to the whole swords, arrows and horse-back charges thing.* Call me weird...

Lindir
Nikkili
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 12:16
I'm always at least a little bit soggy through most of the movies. I even cry because the scenery is beautiful. I still find myself in tears during certain scenes, even though I watch the movies frequently, even while writing...taking peeks at individual scenes throughout the day.

Zeb just shakes his head as he walks by my desk, hands me a kleenex, and continues on. He doesn't understand, but he's an indulgent husband, thank goodness, or I'd probably be out on my ear.

~Nikkili~

luv_aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 02:25
Nope didn't ever cry...it's really bad I admit it but I 'm actually more the type to laugh at really appropriate/not funny times during movies for no apparent reason...oh well I guess
smeagolsverybestfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 08:53
I thought it was so darn beautiful!!! :cry: I practicaly break into tears every time i watch it or read the book.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 11:51
The sadest part in the book,:cry: (Apendices) for me is when Legolas builds the last ship ever to sail from middle earth and leaves for the grey havens, After King Elessar dies. :cry: :cry: I guess that it just seems like the final ending for the fellowship. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the moving eye comical? I mean, If you just switch the music, everyone would be rolling around the floor in hysterics. I have kind of got used to it know, but the first time I saw it it was rather odd.
Also in the book, Tolkien describes Sauron's tower to go down on top of itself instead of break in the middle and collapse, because, no buildings would actually fall like that.

Oh! And I cried when Gandalf was describing heaven to Pippin. (Or what death was like.) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Waylander
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:49
Hey pplz i'm vvvvery new here and if not mistaken this is one of my first post on one of the boards. I must agree with all those who have gone before me in saying that i cried so many times!

There was the epic battle scenes, Frodo and Sam outside Shelobs lair, Pippin's song(very well putt together) Dang that whole LAST 20 MINS ... esp ESP where Aragon crowned King bows with the rest and uhm not forgetting the scene with Frodo and Sam departing hell just writting about it gives me goosebumps. It somehow keeps replying in my mind :cry::cry::cry:

PS this is the first movie i ever cried over like a baby deprived
thegreendragonmaid
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 02:05
I just cried when aragorn tells the hobbits that they bow to no one.I just couldnt help it when i saw the look on there faces. :sob:
frodo_baggins_of_theShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 04:16
I cried Alot during the movie I seen the movie 8 times now 3 in theatres and 5 at home. I've cried everytime I see it and proud of it too.
sazzra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 06:07
Pippin's song started me off, and I pretty much continued right through the credits (Into the West:cry::cry::cry::cry: ) -and that's a confirmed 'ard case talking, who never EVER cries at films

[Edited on 28/6/2004 by sazzra]
PrettyHobbitMaid
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 09:21
i cried at Theodins death! It WAS really sad though, I'd like o meet anyone who could admit to having completely dry eyes after THAT scene! :cry:
Araduin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 01:29
I cried in these parts...

-when Denethor said that he wished that Faramir had died and Boromir had lived :cry:
-when Theoden died and through the part when he was dying :cry:
-the look on Elrond's face when finds out that Arwen had chosen a mortal life :cry:
-when Frodo told Sam to go home and that he didn't need his help him any more :cry:
-when Gandalf and Frodo were going to go into the west (the whole scene I cried) :cry: :cry: :cry:

teared up in alot of other places :cry:

[Edited on 6/30/2004 by Nienna-of-the-Valar]
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 07:02
Ok i admit it proudly!

When Pippin sang i cried hard! I love him!

When Frodo sent Sam away I cried very hard! Because I'm like frodo and My best friend is like Sam, and i would never send her away!

At that point all was lost!

I cried during the rest of the movie! Espically during Shelob's Lair because i'm aracnaphobic! So i was crying beyond help at that point.

At the end i thought i was just going to die! I was balling! It was so depressing! Like how can you leave your best friends?!?! I looked over at my friend and one tear was rolling down her cheek then later she said she wasnt crying! I so busted her when i told her i saw her! lol
Eldoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 10:19
*proudly raises her hand*

Yep, I cried! I cried when Arwen sees her vision, and a little when Pippen was singing. I saw it with my guy friends, so that made me hold back the rest of the time.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 02:22
I cried during Billy Boyds song, the part where Arwen saw her son, the whole ending, and SO many other places!!!! It is such an emotional movie...good, bad, sad, happy..... they are all there......
nessa_felagund
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 01:42
Yup, I'll agree to most of the aforementioned moments and when the eye started to fall and moments later..the mountain exploded. Gees, there were teary moments in all the movies and the fact that their over is the worst part. I want to see everyone's afterstory, even though I know parts from other sources.. I still want to SEE it in full living color.
Scatha
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 02:26
Cry? No.
Tear up? No.
However, I did find it brutaly hard to accept when Denethor said he wish Faramir had died. That's just cruel.

Theoden's death was also really sad, though i didn't feel bad for Theo, oh no. I felt bad for:

A) Eowyn (she had a broken arm, poor thing)
B) the Witch-king. (poor guy took it in the face)
Lindir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 02:06
A) Eowyn (she had a broken arm, poor thing)
B) the Witch-king. (poor guy took it in the face)

LOL, Scatha!

Lindir
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 02:16
I cried in the scene in TTT where Aragorn has his dream about Arwen.
Also in the scene where Gandalf and Pippin first meet Denethor in ROTK.
And also when Faramir was leaving, to try and re-take Osgiliath.
And lastly, right at the end of ROTK, the last time I saw it in cinema. That's when it hit me that it was over; no more new LOTR films out. Which was kind of embarrassing, because I was on my own, next to a stranger!

[Edited on 11/7/2004 by Anoria_Miriel]

[Edited on 31/8/2005 by Anoria_Miriel]
_Laeriel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 03:23
Feels like I have to write in this thread, I usually cry at movies, but I had never imagined that a movie could make me cry as much as I did (and still do!) at return of the king.

I cried when Pippin rode away with Gandalf, when Arwen had her vision, when Frodo told Sam to go home, at Pippin's song, when Frodo had been stung by Shelob and Sam said "Don't go where I cant follow...", when Denethor is going to burn himself and Faramir, when Gandalf describes death to Pippin, when Théoden died, when Merry and Pippin meet again, Aragorn's "speech" to the men outside the black gate, well, and then pretty much all the time from the moment when Sam asks Frodo if he remembers the Shire until "Into the west" ended and most people had left the cinema.

Oh, it's just such a wonderful story!

_Laeriel_
Orlando_Bloom_Lover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 05:04
I shall admit it with my head held high. I cried eight times during RotK - who else did and why? I cried when: Denethor said that he wished that Faramir had died instead of Boromir; when Merry and Pippin were split at the beginning of the film; when Frodo told Sam to go home; when Pippin was singing that song to Denethor while poor Faramir was riding to his death; when Sam mustered the last of his strength and carried Frodo up Mount Doom; at the end when Frodo said goodbye to everyone before he got on the 'last ship' (just so's you know, I resent that - Legolas built the last ship); when Theoden died; and when (I really cried at this one) all of the people present at Aragorn's corrination bowed to the Hobbits. There. I am done.

Lindir

This was very much one of the saddest films Ive ever seen, if not the saddest. Lets see, I ALMOST cried when Shelob got Frodo, i was merely dying. I cried when Frodo and Sam were on the rock surrounded by lava and they were talking about the shire and rosie cotton. I cried when all of them reunited with Frodo when he was in the bed at Rivendell, especially when Sam came in and paused with that ...look. And last but not least i cried when Frodo left for Valinor and all the hobbits were greiving.
Elvish4ever97
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 08:09
Ok, I cried the whole ending from the first fake ending on. A big point when I cried was when all the fellowship came together one last time in the room and sam and frodo had that understanding look . :cry: Then when LEGOLAS showed up. :sob: :love: :blush: And then when Arwen came out and Hugo weaving smiled. I don't know about you but your crazy if that didn't make you cry. I forgot when theoden died. Um, oh and when frodo left and there was the pervy hobbit hugs. That was still great anyway! :cry:
atheniel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 12:41
The first time i saw RotK I was in the cinema and you could just hear me sniffing and I just had tears pouring down continuously... :sob: They wouldn't go away! i only started getting all teary when it got to the last hour, with aragorn and the army at the black gate and Frodo and Sam going up mt doom. By the time they were on the rock and Sam was talking about Rosie (aww that was sweet) my top had gotten soaked without me knowing it *sniffs*
The bit where the Fellowship reunites! i loved that alot, crying at the same time, but happy tears the saddest most emotional part though, has always been the ending at the Grey Havens when Frodo leaves. I will never ever get over that!
And to think I would just get a grip on myself after seeing the movie about seven times now, but it just always makes me cry. My mum walks in while im watching it thinking something really bad must've gone wrong, and i tell her im only watching RotK. She just sighs and walks back out. aaaaaargh. :sob: :cry:
Dolen_i_vad_a_nin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 03:30
I cried like a little baby! But, on opening night, everyone in the theatre was.
I cried when Merry and Pippin are split up, Arwen's vision, and from when Frodo and Sam are sitting on the rock talking about home until the end. I kept crying past the end when the credits came up with all the actors pictures. I guess I was crying also for the fact that it's now over. :sob: :sob:
Vale_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 01:20
first time i cried when Arwen has the vision, then when Denethor says to Faramir yeah i wish you had died, then when Faramir says if i should come back consider me better and also at Denethor reply, then when Pippin sang (even if they dubbed the original song and made the dubber sing it in italian...TERRIBLE!!!but still the meaning was there and i cried), then when Frodo sent Sam away and when Sam said Dont go where i cant follow, then when Gandalf and Pippin have the dialogue about death (gosh i was pouring tears there!), then when Sam says I cant carry the ring for you but i can carry you, then at Aragorn's speech (i see in your eyes...but i used to cry everytime i heard it while watchin the trailer), then when Aragorn turns all in tears and says "for Frodo", then when they all realise Frodo and Sam are bound to die so they all begin to cry (i didnt feel alone there!Lol!), then when Aragorn gives his coronation speech, and then i gave my best and really spent a river of tears when he and Arwen kissed after the coronation (*sighs thinkin about the scene*)and when Elessar says to the Hobbits My friends bow to no one...and then when Frodo does that voice over at hte end and also when he leaves and all the hobbits cry and of course when i read THE END on the screen cos i knew this wonderful story was over and there would be no more LOTR next year!!!I CANT BELIEVE IT!anyway i still cry when i watch it!!btw perhaps i left some parts out but i cant remember them now!(oh sure, when Theoden dies..and before that when he gives his speech to the Rohirrim!!)
ShynxIdentity
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 04:02
i almost never cry but i cried during almost the whole movie!! a few parts made me start bawling, especially when Frodo leaves Middle-earth and Sam goes home and says "well, i'm back...". at that point i couldn't breathe or move then when the screen flashed "The End" i couldn't cry any harder! i had a headache afterwards too. the book made me cry just as bad. now everytime someone metions the end of RotK or the end of the Trilogy i literally can't hold the hysterics back!!
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 04:17
Everytime I see the FotR I cry so much especially towards the end. In the RotK I was about to cry in the movie thearters but I held it in. The end just made me soft and had watery eyes and when it finished I was so sad. I wanted more and I didn't want it to finish. Also, in the FotR when Gandalf falls with the Balrog in Khazad-dûm and when Boromir dies I cried so much. :sob: :cry:

I couldn't keep the tears inside.
Elendur
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 09:12
In FOTR I cried when the Fellowship is grieving over Gandalf mostly because the look of their faces in anguish was very heart wrenching, I really felt the pain of losing a friend. I sobbed when Sam had his scene in the boat, the shot of Frodo holding his hand under the water still sticks with me. I didn't really get teary eyed for TTT except when Theoden mournes over his son, I thought Benard Hill delivered a superb preformance.

I teared up at Theoden's death, but I only cried in ROTK when Frodo said goodbye to his friends at Mithlond. It built up with each goodbye until he turned around and looked back at them as he boarded the ship, and I just thought "It's Frodo! He's back!" because it was the first time since Hobbiton that we see the true Frodo. A funny anecdote from my first viewing was that the heart-wrenching Denethor/Pippin/Faramir scene had the opposite affect on me. I just could not stop laughing at the sight of Denthor and his awful table manners! Now i look at the scene for the dramatacism but if you take Denethor's lip-smaking, tomato-bursting, chicken-bone-snapping, grape-grubbing, wine-slurping prefomance out of context it is all really Pythonesque wink-wink nudge-nudge

[Edited on 29/8/2004 by Elendur]
Arawyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 05:48
Ok, I'll admit it; I cried in this movie. I think it was the first movie that I wasn't ashamed of crying in...I cried when Frodo told Sam to go home, when Pippin sang, when Pippin found Merry after Pelennor, and especially when Frodo left at the end of the movie, after saying goodbye. I think the saddest part, of even the whole triligy, was that THE END that went up at the end of the movie...
ah_its_a_weed
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 06:37
haha... are you kidding me??? I cry at the end every time i watch it! who the heck doesn't? lol. it's so depressing, especially when frodo says goodbye to sam, because no one really knows what they went through. Also, i cry at the part in ROTK where frodo is in the bed, and the fellowship comes to greet him, and then sam walks in the door, and they smile at eachother. It's just so heartwarming, you know?
Pips_Gurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 05:31
Now come on who could stop themselves from crying! I cried so many times i lost count! Lets see :cry: ummm i cried when Merry and Pippin were split up (That was so unfair) When Pippin found Merry! When Denethor Said he wished Faramir had died! When Frodo sent Sam away! When Theoden died! When Pippin sang to Denethor (Great voice Pip that was AWESOME! :feedback: Well i tryed to count but lost count somewhere around 11! Some may call me a wuss, but i can't help it!!
L_O_A_F
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 02:49
I mostly cried when Frodo went to the Undying lands. I mean, did you see the looks on Sam, Merry, and Pippin's faces? that was so sad. And i dont usually cry during movies.
Well, at least, not since Titanic.
BetonyTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 07:55
*raises her hand.* :wave:

I cry in FoTR at the wood elves scene, when Gandalf falls and the Fellowship grieve for him, in Lothlorien when they're grieving some more, and then through pretty much the whole of Amon Hen and the breaking of the Fellowship. :sob: !

In TTT I cried at Theodred's funeral, during Theoden's speech at Helm's Deep and near the end of the film with Frodo and Sam - "What are we holding onto Sam?" :cry: :cry: :cry:

In RoTK, well, I don't think I stopped crying through the whole thing. :sob:
whitestorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 01:49
I do not cry in movies... but i will admit that I got a bit choked up at the end when the last ship departed... I cried lots in my head though
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email