Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: May 02, 2004 03:59
Eeva looked ahead to Amarth. She could tell by the way he spoke with Halbarad that something was not right. She clicked her tongue to Maura, who in turn sped up to match her pace with Amarth. "There's something you're not telling the others." She left it at that, keeping her gaze forward, noticing the faint haze.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: May 02, 2004 10:43
Riding besides Rupert she taps along to the song he is humming.
Plod starts to shy away from the road, so she absent mindly patted him to try and calm him. Although she could see that something was adgitating the others she presistantly ignored it.
pulling out a leaf from her pocket she started to chew on it. It makes her light headed and happy.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 12:57
it soon became apparent what was wrong. a gust of wind came out of the souteast, amarth's head lifted along with his cat's sifting the odors in his memory, "there is fire to the southeast!" he called to them, "shall we not see if it be village or thicket?"

((i had a vision in which this rp got very boring, so i thought of a quick remedy))
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 03:56
)( et: that wasn't very nice))

Dispite the pugnant smell of the leaf she was chewing she finally smelt the smoke. Wondering why she hadn't noticed before, her healing insticts kicked in.
"We must hurry!!! what if its a village with hurt people?"
With that she erges Plod to go faster but he was still reluctant to keep going.
The riders in front of her blocked her path.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 01:33
"Someone should check, but not all of us!" Halbarad said with a frown of concern. We need to keep to our path, it's starting to get dark!

"Is it safe to split up?" Rupert called from the back. "I don't want to be left here alone in the dark!"

*at the pub*
Duncan tries to separate two Dwarves, who have had a little too much to drink.

"Stop! You must stop! It's not worth killing each other now, is it?" Duncan tries to get in between the two Dwarves, but is roughly pushed to the side. "Ouch! That hurt!" Determined to stop them from destroying the pub, he pushes himself back in between them.

ooc: all rp's have their ups and downs... :banghead:
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 04:10
"i'll go, and perhaps a few others" faron said turning his horse to the side of the trail.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 03:12
Erainthe piped up... "I'm coming to incase some one is hurt, I will feel bad if I stay and could have helped."
Nudging Plod she rode up beside Faron and turned to see if anyone else was coming.

:disco: I am determined to show every one of these smilies now... lol! this one is my fave!!!
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 12:14
"Rupert, you'll be fine if we leave you here, won't you?" Halbarad looked kindly at the hobbit. "You can have a little snack, we'll check things out....we'll be back shortly."

Rupert got a very stubborn look on his face and put his hands on his hips.

"We will all go! We will all help if someone needs help! We will find our path again, we have the sword!"

Halbarad sighed and looked at the others for support. They were all looking at the hobbit, with respectful looks on their faces. "I see I'm outnumbered here, and you are probably right Master Hobbit." Turning his horse, he started following the others toward the haze.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 01:59
So they all went into the smoke... At once Erainthe started to cough. Weting some material she placed it over her nose and mouth.
Through the smoke she could see dim shadows and figures moving.
By now her horse Plod was extremely nervous and started to buck. Dismounting she tied him to a tree and move slowly forwards to see what was happening.
She couldn't see much at all....

:twitch:
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 02:54
((i hope no one was offended by my "boring remark" if the rp already had a set plan i'm sorry to interupt))

amarth led the way down the hill into the smoke covering his face with his cloak. when erainthe pointed out figures he imediatly sorted out the situation- an orc raid some of the figures could be made out as running with bundles, others had swords, cutting them down.
"forward comrads," he shouted and spurred lhoss-duath on
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 01:54
ooc: no plan, we just have to find Miranda (eventually)

Rupert choked on the smoke as he tried to follow the others.

"Why can't we just have a fire under a nice grill, some meat smoking nicely..." he mumbled to himself as he tended to do in stressful situations. Fingering his slingshot in his pocket, he wondered who had the sword. He couldn't remember who took it when they started the trip. Was it Halbarad? Suddenly he heard amarth yell for them to go forward. Forward into what? Whatever it was, he wasn't going to let old Ginny get hurt. He got off of the pony and told her to wait behind a nearby group of trees. Then he ran into the smoke, yelling:
"Halbarad! Halbarad! Where are you? Eeva!" He saw Erainthe right ahead of him and decided to stick with her.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 02:00
Marbisk could make out the figures through the haze. He was used to haze. He saw some orcs and knew it was a raid. These were the kinds of situations in which he would have just liked to fight the orcs instead of the innocent people he was supposed to be killing. Now was his chance to do that. He did hate killing, killing innocent beings who had never harmed anyone. These orcs were not innocent beings. They were killing at that moment.
"Forward, comrads!" Amarth had yelled.
Marbisk grabbed a weaopon from an orc that had been killed and was lying on the ground. He wiped off the innocent blood, and ran after Amarth, ready to strike the horrible creatures.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 05:42
((sorry took so long to post, and sorry so short.))

Eeva slid off of Maura's back and took her daggers from her boots.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 01:34
Erainthe Follows with her puny dagger and a stick she picked up off the ground... The two girls fell behind but came on steadily

:naughty:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 02:01
Rupert started to pick up as many rocks as he could find, squinting and looking through the haze. He filled his pockets as he walked along.

faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 12:31
amarth reached the village first, charging straight in and fixing his mark on the first orc he saw, out of the haze he came, and away from the body parted a head.
now he waited for the others to catch up, remembering strength in numbers
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 05:03
Up ahead she could see amarth waiting, some what impaciently, for them. Not really wanting to fight she serches for injured people but to her dismay couldn't see much with the thick smoke, running figures and fear ripe in the air..
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 06:12
Eeva spotted an orc up ahead of her and threw her dagger at it, striking him in the heart. As he fell to the ground, she hurried to retrieve her other weapon, wiping off the blood on the orcs clothing.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 07:02
Erainthe searched around behind her to make sure Marbisk was following and not being either blugened to death or stabbed. She couldn't see him but the she could only just make out Rupert collecting rocks and Eeva ahead of her. She hoped that Marbisk was okay....
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 11:13
Marbisk saw up ahead to his right a mother and her child. The child was being pushed behind the mother, who was trying to fight off an orc with a frying pan. The mother was doing quite well, but another orc came from behind and tried to take her child.
Marbisk was running now. He was in a rage. He caught up to them and first swung his weapon at the orc trying to take the child. He beheaded it, then swung at the other orc. He had hit it and knocked it to the ground. He stood of the very confused orc, raised his weapon, and stabbed the orc through the chest.
The mother and child were looking very confused and scared.
Marbisk stared at the two orcs he had killed. He couldn't believe he had done it. Then he looked back at the mother and child and remembered why he had done it.
The mother and child were backing away. Marbisk tried to smile, nodded at them, then turned to rejoin the group
The mother and child ran away. This scene would perplex them for a long while after.

faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 03:19
amarth formed his small group (himself, marbisk, eeva, halbarad, and rupert), into some sort of wedge, with rupert behind to clear the way ahead of them somewhat, and watch their backs. halbarad and amarth headed the wedge, eeva and marbisk formed the wings, amarth was confident that with organization and the experience his copanions, this would be cleared up soon enough.

several orcs charged them, he watched them coming with vague contemt and focused ferocity on his face, as the lead orc came for him, he lifted his foot, locking his knee so that his boot connected with the orcs groin, the orc tobled forward, his neck meeting the tip of his sword.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2004 06:40
Erainthe was a bit scared at being left behind so she tagged along behind the formation.
Feeling safe she kept a look out behind the group in case any orcs came from behind unexpectedly.

Looking around she could see the devistation they had reeked on the small village. The wailing of the scared injured and roar of the fighters all mixed together into a loud climax.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 11:19
I'm getting hungry. My stomach growled. I get up and go downstairs.

"Hi Duncan."

"Well, if it isn't my favorite elf!"

I smile at him. He Alsways made this statement when I come downstairs.

"Hey, I'll have the usual."

"Alrighty then, Inwë."

He calls the order as I lay my head on the counter.

"Where we you all night young elf?"

"At a friends. We got here late last night."

Since I don't have a family to speak of, Duncan let me stay with him. I help with the pub. I get up and start clearing tables when a young girl runs in.

"Help! Help!"

I try ro calm her down.

"What's wrong?"

"Some mad man was chasing me. He's coming now!"

I grab my sword and walk out the door. I don't care about my breakfast.

[Edited on 05/02/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 01:14
OOC: Hello elven princess... :hug: I am sorry to do this but I wanted to tell you before you got into your story line, Rupert has left the building! He is currently on a quest so his cousin (duncan) is running the bar.
Just thought you would like to know. :cheers:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 03:12
ooc: If you want you can change it somehow so that you are helping Duncan. He could use some help anyway. I'll wait for you to post before Duncan does anything else. Or pm me and I'll help you change it if you want. Oh, and by the way...congrats to us on our 300th post! :cheers:

Rupert watches the strange sight of Marbisk saving a woman and her child. He notices the proud look on Marbisk's face, and the confused look on the woman's face. Suddenly, he hears amarth call out to them, and he follows behind as they group up for battle. From the rear of the group, he decides not to use his slingshot...his throwing arm was one of the best in the Shire, bar none. Throwing rocks at the enemies, he makes quite a few good hits.

Halbarad fought alongside amarth, feeling the adrenaline surge through his body.

[Edited on 11/5/2004 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 04:18
Eeva flicked her wrist and one of the many stilettoes fell into her hand. She threw it at an advancing orc, striking him in the neck. She threw two more. Quickly, she gathered her stilettoes, wiping off the blood, waiting for the next unlucky orc.

Eeva could tell the others were looking at her. No one besides Amarth knew she was a talented knife-thrower, and no one had even known she had brought any weapons.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 05:49

oh.

i hate reading long roleplays. no offense. sorry! you want me to take it off?

I didn't mean that Elven princess, I want you stay just saying that you should put Duncan instead of Rupert!

Watching Eeva flick her knives really made Erainthe feel un coordinated. She was very impressed tho and was glad that they had people who could fight with cunning.
Turning to look behind them she sees an orc sneaking up behind them. The others were occupied so Erainthe pulled out a powder from her pouch. Running towards him she thrw into his face.
Suddenly the orc stopped short and started to choke on the dust. Never had she killed other being, she couln't do it now so she called to eeva for help.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 07:28
*Foal stepped into the pub her helm in one hand and her riding gloves in the other. She was eager to make new friends. Like most of the Rohirrim, she was sociable with most. The thought of a nice cold ale also sounded good. She strode up to bar slapped a few silver pieces on the counter. "A pint of ale, good sir." Foal asked and she slid the coins toward the barkeep. He smiled and snatched them with his bear-like hands than bustled off to fetch the drink. AS she waited, Foal ran her fingers along the horses and wolves ingraved into her helm. How she loved this srmor. It was given to her when she was accepted into the cavalry and completed her training in Meduseld. When the frothy drink arrived, her thought focused on it. "I love ale," she thought aloud.**
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 08:04
ooooooooooooooh. lol.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 04:37
Eeva turned to Erainthe, killing the orc with another of her knives. She could tell that she was uneasy about killing. "It'll get easier. Just think of them as pesty bugs." She smiled encouragingly, "it helped me out."
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 05:36
Erainthe smiled her thanks and nodded at what she said. But if eeva wanted her to be friends with Marbisk then she couldn't fathom killing his kind. :dizzy:
Even if they were doing evil things.
The fighting was fierce but the fire soon burnt out and the smoke disapated. The devsistation around her bought tears to her eyes.
A small child was pushing an obvious dead parent, trying to get them to wake. This sight broke Erainthe's heart. She moved to get to the child but they ran like a frightened hare, She had no hope of catching.
Not knowing what to do next she stood there and watched Eeva and Amarth.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 10:13
As Inwë came back inside, a little bloody and tired, she asked Duncan to bring her a drink. And her breakfast.

"What happened young one?"

"I'm not quite sure what the thing was, but it was saying to me, "Come to Mordor with me. We need you." I refused and swung his sword at me. It's getting very confusing around here."

"I see. Here's you food."

"Thanks."

She ate it in silence. Everyone was starring at her.

"Duncan, can I take today off?"

"Sure. No problem."

"Hannon le."

She went back upstairs to her room and dosed off.

[Edited on 05/02/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 10:38
resistance to the group heated up, and thin began to thin out as it became apparent that none of the orcs there could withstand them. soon flames would be the only ememy left for them to combat.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 03:18
"We're becoming quite the team!" Halbarad commented as they easily overcame the group of Orcs. Rupert grimaced at the pleased look on Halbarad's face. "Don't look that way, Rupert. Getting this over with will get us closer to your wife."

Suddenly, a hoarse laugh was heard. "The Halfling woman? Ha...!" The dying Orc laughed again from where he lay on the ground. Blood was seeping out from a stab wound on his side.
"You'll never find her. Even if you do...you can't have her until you turn over the sword."

"What else do you know about it?" Halbarad knelt down next to the Orc. "Where is she?!"

"You won't know...I won't tell. None of us will. Not till you give us the sword." Coughing, the Orc gave up his last breath, while Rupert looked on in dismay.

"Miranda!!!:cry::cry: Oh, my Miranda with those filthy Orcs!" Searching amongst the other bodies, he tried to find someone else with information. "A Halflings....have any of you seen the lady halfling....please....please...." Rupert sat down and started to sob loudly.

*at the pub*
Duncan greeted Inwe with a smile, Rupert had told him about her. "I guess all hobbits look alike, especially cousins like us." He thought to himself with a smile. He welcomed the help, as the pub was getting busier and busier.

Duncan was shocked when she ran out the door and then came back in. It was obvious that she had been in some kind of battle. Getting the elf the breakfast that she requested, he gave her the day off to rest.

He then served a woman with the most decorative helm that he had ever seen. Not that he had seen many in his life, outside of a museum. "That certainly is a beautiful thing," he said with a smile as he set down her ale.

"I guess I'll have to cope with things until Rupert and Eeva and Halbarad get back." He turned with a sigh as a very loud patron demanded more ale. "Yes, my fine friend....one of Rupert's finest ales...coming up!"

ooc: TheElvenPrincess...can you not speak for Duncan, he's not really a shared character, k? Hey, and if you or anyone else wants to add another character to your posts...feel free.

[Edited on 13/5/2004 by CarolP]
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 06:47
Erainthe started to beat at the flames in the grass to stop it from spreading from the small village to the surrounding area. Soon she was soot soaked and sweating.

She looks around for something to do and sees a man badly wounded and proberly dieing in the dense folage. Runing over she accesses his wounds and starts her healing as best she can. Her full pouch of goodies always comes in handy.

:wave: Hi
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email