Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: April 13, 2004 03:13
Many of the pub patrons took to their rooms, Rupert following soon after. Duncan sat up, tending the fire and watching those who were staying awake. "So this will be my new home for awhile," he thought to himself. Sitting down by the warm fire, he napped, snoring loudly.

Rupert retired to his room, also snoring loudly. It must have been a family trait. Soon he began to dream:

"Rupert honey! Did you bring in the ponies? There's a storm brewing, a mighty big one!" Miranda yelled from the doorway of the pub, hoping that her husband would hear her against the wind. Suddenly, she hears a loud noise from the rear of the pub. "What was that?" Running into the common room, everything is in chaos! What was happening? Rupert! Where is he? The frightened hobbit lass felt very small as a battle raged around her. Where could she hide? Rupert! Rupert! Rupert!"
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: April 13, 2004 03:38
"Rupert! Rupert! Get up, it's time to pack up!" Halbarad starts shaking the hobbit's shoulder. "You'll be left behind if you don't get up."

Halbarad runs downstairs and goes outside to tend to the horses. Saying hello to his horse, Calen, he starts loading up his packs.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 05:12
for the first time in his life, amarth awoke to the feel of his love in the bed next to him, the warm comfort of eeva wrapped in his arms. sadly he could not enjoy this for long as they party was leave, he moved to wake eeva

[Edited on 15/4/2004 by faron]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 05:39
Eeva buried her head in the covers as Amarth tried to wake her. Laughing, she threw her pillow at him, hitting him in the head. Sitting up, she stifled a laugh. "Don't you know it's not nice to wake a girl from her sleep?" She pulled her dark hair back into a pony, standing up. She yawned as she spoke. "When are we leaving?"
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 03:45
amarth smiled, "as soon as all are up and backed i believe, why don't you get dressed and i'll go down and see what the others are doing."

as this was a hobbit's inn, some of the others at least were having breakfast and more trickling in with packs in various stages of packing a repacking, amarth was an avid traviler and always kept his at the ready, he only waited his share of the food.

((ok i don't apreciate the sugestion that my character has in any way sullied the honor of his love, and if he hears about it, things could turn ugly for you, (seriously the very idea) has anyone ever heard of saving money, or the conserving heating energy by sharing beds))
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 10:42
Dorik came down the stairs and sat down to have some breakfast.

(ooc: sorry about not posting for so long)
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 05:05
Eeva smiled as Amarth left. She quickly changed into her worn black lace up tank top and worn pants. As she laced up her boots, she hid a dagger in each, pulling her pant legs over them. Pulling back her hair into a high pony, she wrapped her wrists with pieces of black fabric, hiding many silver stilettoes within. "Now where did I put that tunic?"

She frowned, kneeling to look under the bed. "Ha, there it is." She picked it up, only to have Jet fall to the ground, with a small thud. "Oh!" She stifled a laugh as he chittered at her angrily, running back under the bed to hide. "Jet, I'm sorry." She knelt down again, looking underneath. She could barely make out his form. "Come here, I didn't know you were there." She reached for him, grabbing his slender body.

She held him close, kissing his nose. She laughed when he jumped out of her arms, only to crawl into a bag of hers. "Fine, I guess we'll leave you here then." She slid her tunic over her head, the sleeves covering her stilettoes. Grinning, she looked into the bag Jet had ran into. "Get out of there, I need that."

Jet pretended not to notice her, and continued 'sleeping'. "Stupid ferret." Eeva put the bag over her shoulders diagonally and went down the stairs. Halbarad looked to her, "not taking any weapons?" She shook her head, and looked Amarth in the eye, silently telling him not to say anything. By all appearances, it did seem as if she had no weapons, and she liked to keep it that way. The element of surprise was always fun.

Eeva took seat next to Amarth, pulling Jet out of her bag, setting him on the floor. "Stupid rodent," she muttered as he dove right back in, burying himself deeper. Sighing she left him be. "I'll just feed you to the first big animal we see."

bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 06:38
Erainthe gathered her stuff and made her way down stairs for breakfast. She wondered at where they were going but she didn't really care, all she wanted was to find new plants and new ways to help people.
The dinning room seemed full but that was proberbly because of the over turned and broken furniture pushed to one side.
Smiling she says, "Good morning Eeva, How do you feel this morning?" Frowning a little as Eeva was talking to her bag.
Sitting down she looks at the written menu on the wall while she waits for Eeva to reply. Maybe she was still alittle sick....
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 03:22
Duncan rushed around the pub, trying to get everyone's breakfast served and to help round up provisions for the trip.
As Rupert came slowly down the stairs, Duncan yelled up at him. "What a day to sleep in! Rupert, help out a little here, would you please?" Rupert finally got to the bottom of the stairs, rubbing his tired eyes with both hands.

"Sorry Dunc, I got woken out of a sound sleep." Looking around, Rupert grabbed some coffee and started working. Noticing Erainthe looking at the menu, he went over to take her order.
"What can I get you this fine day? It's my cousin's first day on the job, so mind you the cooking may not be as good as mine." Rupert smiled as Duncan scurried by with a platter of food.

Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 06:10
Eeva turned to Erainthe. "I'm feeling much better, thanks." She laughed when she noticed the confused look on her face. "I haven't gone crazy, my ferret Jet buried himself in my bag and won't come out. Well, I did get him out, but he jumped right back in. So I'm just going to leave him in there and feed him to whatever big animal we come across first." She grinned as he started chittering angrily.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 11:33
Marbisk came downstairs. He had made up his mind. He was going with Eeva. He also wanted to help Rupert, who had accepted him into the pub and let him stay there, even after the orc fight and the whole Xander thing.
He noticed that many of the guests had packs ready. Marbisk didn't really have anything to pack. He had threw away his weapon, which was the only thing he really carried. The armor that he might need he already had on. He was all set, except for breakfast. He came over to where Eeva and Amarth were.
"Morning, Eeva," he said and smiled at her, "Amarth," he said in the same nice tone, but he made an angry face at the man.
Seeing that Erainthe was sitting next to Eeva he said, "Good morning." And then took a seat next to Amarth (though he'd rather have sat next to Eeva) and smiled the same cocky smile as the night before. He looked at the menu and waited for Rupert to finish taking Erainthe's order.

[Edited on 4/17/2004 by striders_star]
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 03:17
Laughing at Eeva and her ferret she felt relieved. "That is good to hear."
She turned back to Rupert and ordered eggs on toast. Saying,"You havent tried my cooking yet.. A few days on the road with me and you will wish you were right here eating Duncan's meals off the floor.." She laughed at herself.

After breakfast she would go out and check on plod.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 04:05
Eeva returned Marbisk's smile. "Good morning." She turned away just as he gave Amarth the angry look, looking to Erainthe. She laughed at the cooking comment. "I can help with the cooking if it will be that bad."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 04:58
Rupert and Duncan managed to get everyone served, and the pub patrons settled down to some serious eating. It grew very quiet, as Rupert finally sat down to his meal. His stomach felt kind of queasy, but he forced himself to eat. Even if Erainth and Eeva were joking about the food, he still felt a little uneasy about the whole food situation. Joining him at the table, Duncan startled him...
"Rupert, have they figured out that sword yet? Do you have a plan? Do they have a plan? Who's in charge of this anyway? Surely not you?"

Rupert started to get annoyed at his cousin. "Of course someone will come up with a plan! I mean, we've got plenty of experience travellers....fighters and rangers and...." Trying not to get angry, Rupert gets up and starts pacing back and forth. "I wish I could remember! Why can't I remember? He gave me the sword! That bag, where did I put the bag? He had it in there...." Rupert holds his head as he tries to remember....going to a side closet, he starts digging frantically, not noticing Eeva's ferret trying to sneak in.

"Is he always like this?" Duncan asked Eeva "It seems like he was a lot calmer when he was younger!" Duncan shrugs and starts to check to make sure that everyone has had enough breakfast.

Halbarad returns from the stable and grabs a plate, noticing that his boss was digging through closets again. "Maybe after this quest we can clean the closets," he says to Duncan with a smile.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 05:30
Jet jumped out of Eeva's bag and jumped onto the table. Stealing a bit of Ruperts food after he left, he followed him to a side closet, sneaking in. Eating the food quickly, he weaseled his way into all the tight places, retreiving a small pouch. He started to chew on it as he leapt out of the closet, right into Rupert's face.

Eeva looked as the ferret jumped out of her bag. She then turned her attention to Duncan. "You mean forgetful? Or worried about something? He's both, but that's why we love him." She smiled as she watched him dig through the closet. She stood up to help him when Jet jumped out, landing on Rupert's face. He cried out in alarm. "Jet!!!"

She ran over and grabbed the ferret as Rupert fell to the ground, surprised. "Oh Rupert, are you alright? I'm sorry. I don't know what got into him." She grasped the ferret around the waist tightly as he tried to get away. "You stupid weasel. You've been acting so strange lately." She took the pouch from his mouth. "And what's this? Stealing again?" She turned it over in her hand, then handed it to Rupert. "Is this yours, I've never seen it before."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 01:14
"Ahhhh!" Rupert yells in surprise as the ferret knocks him over. "It's a good thing I like animals, you little varmint!" Rupert laughs and picks himself up as Eeva hands him something. "This is it! The thing that I was looking for!" Opening the bag, Rupert pulls out a pipe, and a bag of pipe weed.

Duncan frowns in confusion. "Pipe weed! You were digging through the closet for pipe weed? I thought you quit smoking years ago...I know Miranda didn't like the smell."

"No, No, I wasn't looking for a smoke, here's what I wanted." Rupert holds a rolled up piece of parchment in his hand. Taking it over to the table, he unrolls it. "Will ya look at this. I didn't think twice about it before, but then I remembered..."

"No small feat there," Halbarad says with a grin.

"Really Halbarad, take a look at this. It's what is written on the sword, I think. He left me the translation. I've never been very good with the elvish, can't even remember my own language most of the time, but this.....could this be the way to my wife?" Overcome with emotion, Rupert sits down and wipes the tears from his eyes.

Halbarad and the others pass the parchment around, while Rupert eyes the pipe and bag of pipe weed longingly.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 02:15
Dorik chuckled to himself when jet attacked Rupert. "Well what does it say?"
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 04:13
ooc:Well it looks like I don't have much to do anymore,and everybody is moving on.So unless anybody can think of somthing for me to do/somewhere for me to be.I think Xander will be leaving.Well I'll talk to you all later(mabye)
-LordofLothlorien
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 11:58
ooc: We'll miss Xander, maybe you'll come back again.

Halbarad reads the translation to the pub.

"Evil overcame the small and meek.
Evil no more,
He will be the one who finds what you seek.

Take the road that follows the sun.
Sun will fade,
Moonlight and stars will lead the way once more.

Through the dark forest, look for the sun
The blade shining,
The owner searches for the sword, they are one.

You will find the treasure that you seek.
Evil overcome,
By friends of the small and meek."

Rupert's eyes fill with tears as he thinks about his poor wife.
"Small and meek! Small and meek! I'lll show them who is small and meek!" Going into the closet, Rupert pulls out a small blade. He gave me this as well! I have put it to good use and will do so again to get my Miranda back."

"Easy now, cousin!" Duncan looks on in dismay as Rupert's face turns red.

"No, I should have found someone to help me find her a long time ago! There is no reason why I should sit here waiting when she could be here by now..." Rupert crosses his arms and sits down, frowning. "If we can find her."

"The horses are well rested. Rupert, your pony is ready as well. Shall we start then? Who will lead us?" Halbarad steps back, as he does not want to lead the party.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 03:39
Erainthe looked at Halbarad in confusion,
"I do not know what it all means, I would lead but I can't be of much help at all... maybe Eeva and Amarath should. I have heard that they have been almost every where."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 10:06
"We have to take the road that follows the sun...follows the sun..." Rupert holds his head and starts to rock back and forth, apparently thinking.

"Rupe, um...Rupert" Duncan shakes his head. What a strange hobbit his cousin had become! Grabbing some packs, he follows Halbarad outside to do some last minute loading up.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 02:25
Seeing as no one had made up their minds about who was leading Erainthe made her way out to see her horse.
She found Plod well looked after and was impressed at the stable yards.
Plod chafted at his stall to get to her so she quickly went to him." :love:
Ït's okay plod... We will be leaving soon and you and I can roam with friends." She murmered into his neck
Seeing sme oats in a sack in the corner she feed some to her horse. "Here, do not get to excited, you'll be eating grass along the way.
Happy to leave Plod eating contentedly she went into the pub and asked Eeva, "When are we leaving? The sun is well up now.!"
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 06:59
((sorry guys, i went on a week long canoe trip (lots of fun, taned and toned, go me!) amarth has been getting ready and eating breakfast and all that))
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 03:01
"Well, I'll lead for now," Halbarad says, his cheeks reddening. The sun is well up, I guess it will be easy to follow it! Helping Rupert onto his pony, he hops up onto Calen, who is raring to go. "Now, easy boy. This won't be a race, we need to take care." Starting off down the road, others mount their horses and follow behind.

Duncan waves goodbye, and goes back into the pub to serve a new group of customers. "Welcome, welcome! What can I get for you today?" he says with a smile.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 03:58
Plod and Erainthe have a short war over who was leading who but in the end Erainthe won. Soon they were troting up besides Halbarad. Plod was just happy to be moving again.

Erainthe had everything she needed stored on the rump of plod. Once she had mentally gone through her stores she sat back and enjoyed the scenery.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 05:17
Eeva went outside as Amarth was finishing up with his breakfast. She went to the stables, letting her horse Maura out to walk around. it had been awhile since Maura had been anywhere, and she could tell she was itching to leave. She was busy brushing through Maura's mane when Jet leapt back into her bag. It went unnoticed.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 05:18
Marbisk jogged along behind the horses.
He didn't have a horse. He'd never ridden one before. In orc camps, you would run everywhere, not ride horses. You might ride a warg, but it was different from riding a horse, and Marbisk had seldom ridden one anyway. Since Marbisk had been jogging and running all his life, he was able to keep up a pretty good pace and not be left far behind. In the camps he never really jogged during the day, but while he had wondered, he would walk and run at all points of the day, so by now he was used to jogging in the sun. He just hoped that these horse riders stopped at some point, and did not travel all through the day and the night.
He noticed that Eeva was not up ahead of him, so he turned around. He saw her at the stables with her horse. He stopped and waited for her.

[Edited on 4/27/2004 by striders_star]
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 03:24
amarth mounted one his sleak dark horse, lhoss-duath, whisper-shadow riding next to elena, he looked forward with eagerness to a new adventure.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 03:25
amarth mounted one his sleak dark horse, lhoss-duath, whisper-shadow, and set seron at his perch on his right sholder. riding next to elena, he looked forward with eagerness to a new adventure.

[Edited on 3/5/2004 by faron]
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 10:04
Erainthe enjoyed the crisp wind in her face. She smiled at Halbarad when he looked around to see who was following.
Still unsure where they were going she was grateful to be on the move again.
Plod seemed happy to as he pranced a little as they were going.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 03:39
"Ah, what a beautiful day," Rupert thought to himself as his pony plodded along behind the horses. Marbisk jogged by and gave him a wave, surprising Rupert. "Well Ginny, I'm afraid that we will be the slowest ones here." Giving his pony a pat, he looked behind him to see if everyone was there.

In the front of the line, Halbarad slowed down his horse, though he longed to go faster. The sun was getting hotter, and he wanted to make good time since they had left later than planned. "Can't rush a hobbit." he mumbled to himself.

Back at the pub, Duncan explained Rupert's disappearance to some confused regular customers.
"He'll be back as soon as he can, but here's some ale, on the house!" Handing out ales to everyone in the pub, Duncan was definitely turning into a popular hobbit.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 05:58
Eeva mounted Maura and caught up quickly, staying beside Rupert for awhile. "It sure is a nice day."
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2004 06:45
Erainthe was loving the day, the promise of a good journey. Slowing until they were in a tight group she enjoys the feel of being in a company of different peoples.
Plod was shying away from the edge of the road, but she could not see anything so she ignored the horses discomfort,and the sun over head was searing and pushed all bad thoughts from her mind.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 06:38
in his 70 years, this dunadain of the north had as close to the road as anyone, every sound of the wild path or well-tended track was his to hear and remember, and as they left the more tended areas the soun was not quite right, too little birds too much haze in the distance. he road urged lhoss-duath to the head next to halbarad, "things are not as right as they might be, don't you think? something is off in the way the air breaths, and what of the haze of to the east and south?"
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 07:15
"I agree, we need to stay aware," Halbarad replied. "Something is not quite right. I wonder if anyone else notices?" Looking back at the group of travelers, he notices Erainthe and Rupert, both with wistful smiles on their faces. "No need to let them know...yet."

Rupert continued along, but he too noticed a change in the air. Perhaps a storm was brewing? He looked up at the sky, which was blue and hazy. Shrugging his shoulders, he hummed a simple tune as they continued on.

Back at the pub, Duncan was becoming a little overwhelmed. The pub was full, and he was running back and forth with plates and mugs and glasses. "I wish that I had some help," he said with a tired sigh.

[Edited on 2/5/2004 by CarolP]
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email