Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Frodoisbest22
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: March 20, 2004 06:26
Lavender awoke to someone holding a vile of foul smelling salts beneth her nose. She rapidly sat up, confused and alarmed. "Where... Where am?" I she uttered. "who are you? Where is Rupert and the others?" She looked ot ethier side, then felt her head begin to hurt intensley, and nausea swept through her. The human put a hand on Lavender's back, helping her settle back against some blankets, which also covered her. Lavender shivered, she was cold too... a sure sign of a sever fever. "Are... are you good?" she asked the human. "Are you..you going to help me?"

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by ithillinde]
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: March 20, 2004 01:13
The young hobbit girl awoke and started asking questions, a sure sign she would be well soon.
" I am not sure where all your friends are, but I am 'good' as far as I can tell" Erainthe said merrily.
"My name is Erainthe and I am an apprentice healer from Gondor. I have some herbs you need to mix with water to help you feel better." taking a cup from her pack and mixing the herbs in she offered the potion to her.
"If you like we can look for your friends when you feel better.Or you could even ride Plod till you can walk?"
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 04:07
(Ooc: Ooooooh Flash, cool plot twist!)

Cwen sprinted hard to catch up with Eeva, but as she approached the source of the fire, she had to slow down. Where had the girl gone? She seemed to have disappeared into thin air. Cwen ground to a halt, momentarily disoriented by the thick smoke steadily billowing around her. She couldn't see a thing, but from the intense heat, she decided she had to be close to the source of the fire.

Covering her mouth and nose with her cloak to protect her lungs, she cautiously continued forward, feeling her way, rather than seeing it. And that's when she saw it: Directly ahead of her, looming through the black smoke, was an enormous Uruk Hai, and he was gripping Eeva so hard by the throat, Cwen could see the girl's veins standing out in her forehead! She couldn't possibly be able to breathe like that!

Cwen's first instinct was to rush forward, her blade in hand, but her common sense told her that she would be no match for the giant Uruk. No, she had to come up with a plan, and quick, before Eeva strangled! Desperately, she cast around for something, anything she could use. Surprise was on her side: The Uruk had his back turned most of the way to her, and the crackling flames would mask her approach.

Cwen was starting to become desperate, when she finally spotted a rope lying nearby. Perhaps the Uruk planned to use it to tie up the wolves, she thought vaguely as she hurried to pick it up and form a lasso style knot. Then, creeping as silently as possible, she moved forward until she was only a few feet behind the creature and couldn't possibly miss. Two seconds later, she had the lasso firmly around the Uruk's neck and immediately pulled it tight as she ran for the nearest tree. Before he knew what was happening to him, Cwen had yanked him backward, using the tree as a pulley, and then run around him several times, effectively tying him to the tree with his very own rope!

Caught by surprise, the Uruk released Eeva, who now stood, gasping for breath, dazed by the suddenness of the attack and impromptu rescue.
"Hurry! We've go to get out of here before the Uruk gets free!" Cwen yelled to Eeva. She hoped the young woman would be able to find enough breath to run! Already, the Uruk was starting to untangle the rope with terrifying snarls, aimed at the two girls.
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 04:18
ooc:Sorry for my last post my anoying sister posted it
I fixed it and if you read it now it should make sence.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 04:42
(Ooc: If Xander is really sorry and wants to turn back to being a non evil elf, maybe he can rescue Cwen and Eeva from the dastardly Uruk? Just a thought. That's funny about your sister posting in your name! Yikes!)
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 05:06
Xander watched as Eeva and Cwen were confronted by a Monserous Uruk
"I must do somthing or they will not survive!"
At that moment Xander burst out of the window and fell to the ground(on his feet)
He muttered a few phrases in Quenya and the skys grew dark again,
the thunder roared the earth shook and the lightning flashed
Xander's eyes flamed and with a movement of his hand shadow surrounded the Uruk!
It slowly got smaller and smaller untill it couldn't move anymore.
And then a bolt of lightning flashed brightly and the Uruk......was gone!
(ooc:thank you for the suggestion GwennethSindalune)
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 05:48
((thanks! ))

Eeva was still on her knees, sucking in fresh air. She had a huge headache and still felt faint. She looked up, her head spinning as she did. Slowly pulling herself to her feet she looked at Cwen. "What happened?" But that was all she got out. The combination of going into the cave and near all that smoke and being nearly choked to death caused her to pass out.

She fell to the ground unconscious.

((poor Eeva....lol))
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 09:04
Rupert found Lavender lying on the ground unconcious, with someone he didn't know tending to her. "What happened?" he started to check on Lavender, who started to come out of it with the help of the stranger. Looking around at a sudden noise, he saw Eeva being held by a horrible looking creature. "What is that....thing?" He had never seen an Uruk before, but he was very frightened for Eeva. Cwen rushed forward to help Eeva. Amazed at her bravery, Rupert heard a faint yelling from somewhere in the smoke. What was it? It sounded like his name being called. Then he heard thunder! "What in Middle-Earth.....?" Lightening seemed to strike the Uruk, and it was gone. "Rupert! Hey Rupert!"Halbarad called from inside the slowly clearing smoke.
"Halbarad, where have you been?" Rupert called out to Halbarad. "You are just in time, we need to help get Eeva back to the pub."

Halbarad ran over and knelt down next to the fallen Eeva. "What is going on around here? I woke up, and I was soaking wet and leaning against a tree!

ooc: Moria_orc2004 asked me to speak for Halbarad for awhile till he's caught up on homework. (he's my son, lol)
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 11:10
Looking at the people gathered around her Erainthe felt a wee bit intimidated.
"Perhaps we should go to the pub that was mentioned, then we can all be acquented over an ale."
She lifted the hobbit girl as she still seemed a little dazed and waited for someone to point the way.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 07:03
Cwen's head was spinning: So much had happened in so short a time! One minute, she was sure the Uruk was going to free himself from the rope which was holding him to the tree, the next minute, Xander appeared and Cwen had prepared herself for death at the hands of one or the other of the two evil creatures. But, to her immense surprise, instead of attacking them, Xander had brought a bolt of lightning down on the Uruk, disintegrating him before her very eyes.

Cwen shook her head, trying to make sense of the recent events. Had Xander really meant it, when he had apologized for all the pain he had caused her, she wondered? She had thought at the time, that he was merely mocking her. But his recent actions seemed to prove his sincerity. Well, the only thing that mattered at the moment, she decided, was Eeva. With Halbarad's help, they lifted the unconscious young woman to her feet, supporting her weight between them. "She should be all right," Cwen reassured the young man, catching his worried look. "She inhaled a lot of smoke, and it will take time for her lungs to clear. But she is young and healthy and should recover in time."

The general consensus seemed to be that they would return to the pub, so Cwen and the others started out in that direction, following Rupert now that he had regained his sense of the lay of the land. As of yet, no one spoke of what Xander had done, and the elf trailed the group, seemingly unsure of whether or not he would be welcome among them. Yet he did not seem to present any immediate danger to any of them, so Cwen shrugged and kept walking.

Suddenly, Cwen started, remembering her horse Palin, whom she had left in the forest when she became lost earlier that day. What had become of her faithful steed, she wondered, with all of the hail and lightning? She hoped desperately he had found shelter underneath a tree with thick branches. Perhaps, he had reared in fright and managed to free himself from the log she had tethered him to, she thought. Only half hoping, she suddenly let out a shrill whistle, listening hard for a familiar whinney in response.

To Cwen's great joy, moments later, she heard the pounding of familiar hooves, and her large stallion thundered to her side. "Palin!" she cried joyfully, nearly dropping Eeva in her haste to embrace the beast. A quick check showed her that he was no worse for the wear. "He must have found shelter!" she muttered as she quickly checked the saddle bags and found all of her provisions intact, including her trusty sword which she had so stupidly left back at camp many hours earlier while she went hunting for mushrooms.

I wonder if this means I'll have to return Rupert's blade, she thought. She had already fallen in love with the deceivingly light, yet perfectly sharp sword: an Elven design the likes of which she had never seen. I'll ask him if he would be willing to sell or exchange it, she decided. She had never seen, let alone owned anything so beautiful and was quite curious about how the hobbit came into posession of so unusual a weapon.

Cwen and Halbarad took advantage of Palin's arrival: lifting Eeva so that she rode astride the horse. She seemed to be drifting in and out of consciousness, and so they walked on either side to make sure she didn't fall off as they continued their slow procession back to the pub.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 05:47
As he led the group back towards the pub, Rupert started thinking about the other time that he was needed to be brave. "Oh why can't I ever just forget? Why does it have to haunt me so?" For Rupert had lost his most loved hobbit, his wonderful, rosy cheeked wife. Lost her to an unknown fate. All that he got in return was a sword, a shield, and eventually the pub.

Walking along, Rupert thought about his sweet wife, the love of his life since childhood. Giving himself a shake, he turned back and yelled to the group: "Almost there folks, let's get Eeva to her room!"
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 02:31
Following behind the hobbit the thought of a warm room with decent food nearly made her knees buckle.
Almost dropping her burden, she reajusts and keeps going. Plod, her horse walks close by to give her support.
What a strange group she had run into she thought. Perhaps I should venture out more...
Frodoisbest22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 01:32
When Lavender's eyes cleared, and she regaind counciousness, she found herself lying in a bed. A bed at Rupert's in. She found that her wet bodice, blouse, and skirts were lying over a chair, drying. Lavender felt far better than she had in the woods. She didnt feel like she had a fever, and was actually quite hungry. Lavender pulled herself out of bed and changed into her old garments (nearly completly dry) Then, she ascended the stairs, and looked into the common room. A wide smile grew on her lips. Rupert, The injured man that had earlier been in the kitchen, and the woman who had aided her only a while before. She quickly trotted over to the table. Lavender embraced Rupert in a tight hug,and courtseyed to Halbarad.
"I hope that head of yours is feeling better sir," she said, laughing slightly.
Then she turned to look at the woman. "You saved me," she said. "I don't know exactly what to say.... but... well... thank you!"
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 02:42
Smiling with pleasure she told the hobbit lass, "I could not have done any less, I have been taught by the best in Gondor." Sipping her hot tea that Rupert had made for her she offered another mug to the Hobbit.
"I have been told your name is Lavendar, my name is Erainthe. I have not meet every one yet, as they are doing various things and havent yet joined us here."
Turning to he bar keeper, she asked as politrly as she could if he had any food, "...because I am starving. I have been on the road a long time and need to build up my srength. I can pay..." she added jigglingling her money pouch.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 04:08
"Food! Yes, food is just what we need after what we have all been through! Food and lots of it!" Rupert looked around at the messy pub, feeling embarrassed. "Um...sorry about the mess, we haven't cleaned up from the...um...battle yet." Rupert realized that the pub must look very strange to newcomers. "But the bar is fairly clean anyway, we can eat up here." Bustling off to the kitchen, Halbarad tries to get up to help. "No, no, Halbarad you just rest and drink that tea. I'll have something hot ready in a little while. By the way, has anyone checked on Eeva lately? Maybe I'll make her some soup.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 04:46
Eeva slowly opened her eyes, looking around. She was back in her room, laying in her bed. Although she had a headache, she was extremely comfortable. She sat up slowly and tied her hair back with a strand of leather. She placed a hand to her head, her memory a little foggy. She only remembered what happened after entering the cave to get out of the storm.

Standing up she walked down the stairs. Seeing Rupert she smiled. Her smile turned to a frown. "What exactly happened?" She sat down at the bar. "I only remember going into a cave to get out of the rain. How did I get back here?" She looked around the pub. "Oh dear, this place is a mess, why hasn't Halbarad been keeping up?" She then remembered why she had gone into the forest in the first place. "Oh my, Halbarad, is he alright?"

She noticed him sitting by the bar. "You're okay! I was really worried about you."
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 10:38
Xander sat in the corner fealing weary,the storm had drained him of all his energy.
He felt weak,he could hardly keep his eyes open.
He was glad he did what he did.....but in his heart he knew that somthing wasn't right.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 05:09
Cwen was thankful for the delicious hot broth Rupert provided them with. It filled her belly and warmed her from within at the same time.
"Delicious!" she commented. She had always heard about the legendary culinary skills of hobbits, but this was the first time she had really had a chance to enjoy a home cooked meal by one.
Cwen was very relieved that both Eeva and Lavendar seemed to be in good shape after their rest, and she hurried to help Rupert serve the two young women some of the broth as well, before starting quietly to pick up some of the shattered furniture and objects which were still strewn around the pub's main area. It was the least she could do to help the kindly hobbit, she thought.
On one of her trips back to the kitchen to deposit more broken vessels which might be able to be mended, she decided to ask the question which had been nagging her for some time now.
"Rupert," she began. "Where in the world did you get this amazing blade from?" She indicated the elven sword which she had automatically stuck in her belt earlier and forgotten about until now. "I've never seen anything like it! And, I hope you will forgive me, but hobbits aren't reknowned as fierce warriors, so I find it surprising that one of the little folk would own such an instrument!" She paused a moment before continuing, hoping she wouldn't offend Rupert by her next question. "I have no idea of it's origine or it's value to you, but would you consider parting with the sword? I would be most happy to pay you any price you would deem fair."

[Edited on 24/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 07:39
(ooc: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been away from my computer and now it's in the shop so I may not be posting as often as I have in the past.)

Dorik awoke with a sore head. When the others had left the room a decorative sheild fell off the wall and knocked him unconscious. He came down stairs rubbing his head. "What did I miss?"
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 01:21
{{ooc: sorry, i havent known what to put, and i havent been on as often (and still won't be for a little bit)}}

Marbisk came downstairs from a room Rupert had given him.

After everyone had gone downstairs, he decided to go and see what was going on. He searched the pub, but couldn't find anyone. He ventured into the forest but still couldn't find anyone. Then, he saw all the guests and workers coming towards the pub. Eeva was unconcious. Everyone had helped to tell him what happened. He was shocked when he heard about Xander. "What's he doing?" He had thought, just as he had for just about all of Xander's actions tonight.
He had been worried about Eeva, but couldn't do anything to help her or the hobbit girl. Rupert had told him to get some rest, since he had been through a lot that night, too.

"Eeva! You're okay!" He said when he saw her. He ran over to her. "I'm so glad. Thank you for helping me earlier. You have been so kind to me."
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 06:28
Eeva smiled at Marbisk. "I would help any friend of mine. And don't mention it, I knew you meant to harm no one. Everyone deserves a chance." She smiled again, ignoring the slight pounding of her head.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 01:59
Halbarad smiled at Eeva's comment. It felt good to have folks around him who cared. He felt a bit sheepish when he realized that Rupert and the others had went into the forest looking for him. "A fine Ranger I turned out to be!" he said to himself. And poor Rupert was still feeling guilty about hitting him in the head with the shovel. "Rupert, this soup is delicious! I feel almost ready to get back to work."

Rupert watched everyone enjoying the soup, dishing some out for those that had just come downstairs.
"No, you can keep on resting. The mess isn't going to go anywhere. What's a cozy pub for if you can't relax in it? You can start work again tomorrow. Now, about that sword....it's a very long story, one that requires fresh drinks and comfortable chairs." Rupert got up to refill the drinks.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 04:34
Cwen grinned: A long story! After the tumultuous events of the day, she wanted nothing more than to settle before the fireplace with a warm drink and enjoy a fine tale. She quickly ensonced herself in one of the large squashy chairs near the roaring fire and looked expectantly at Rupert.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 05:52
Erainthe smiled at the comotion and affection around the cozy if somewhat disarrayed pub. Leaving coin on the bar and setting herself up in an undamaged chair near the fire with her soup and ale she waited for what it seem would be a comfortable night with much story telling.
She loved storys anything with a bit of history behind it. And Rupurt looked to be one who would like to entertain.
Frodoisbest22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 10:16
Lavender also abandoned her seat and headed over to the warm fire. she lay down on her stomache in front of it, propped on her elbows, her chin resting on her hands. She looked egarly to Rupert also ready for nothing but a long tale, in the comfort of others and a blazing fire.
(I will probably not be posting for a while everyone, I going out of town till next weekend.... anyone can post as Lavender while Im away! namarie!)
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 12:31
ooc: Woohoo!! We hit our 200th post!
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 12:45
((hey anyone remeber amarth? he's back in town, and i'm waiting for a good point to insert him. are we still at the same tavern, and is eeva taken, cause the though of their last excange is what brought him back. remember eeva, that last look of iterest before he fled the pub?))
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 06:11
**'at last,' thought Tarneldor, riding up to the Inn and dismounting. 'A warm bed and friendly faces.'

Leaving Ceremor in the yard, the Ranger walked slowly to the door, his travel-stained cloak swung about his shoulders, mud-crusted boots making scarcely any sound. He threw open the door and stepped inside, waited a moment for his eyes to adjust.When they did, his mouth fell open in surprise. The Inn was a shambles; clearly there had been a fight of some sort.

The residents were gathered in the corner by the fire, and he walked over to them, taking a spare chair from under one of the many tables and sitting down heavily next to Rupert.

"What happened?" he asked
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 06:49
((Eeva is back, but still not back to her full strength. And yes, I remember that look. Eeva has been missing Amarth. lol))

Eeva looked to the fire, and was on her way over to it when she became slightly light headed. She stumbled, but regained her footing. "Rupert, I think I'm going to head back up stairs, my head still feels a little weird." She looked to the stairs she had to walk up, then laughed lightly. "Anyone want to give me a hand? I don't feel like taking the chance of passing out halfway up the stairs." She grinned.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 11:12
Jumping at the sudden burst from a well travelled persons entrance she realised that Rupert wouldn't start his story just yet. So Erainthe jumped up and headed towards her new charge.
"I'll help you, and I'll give you something to sleep fitfully if you like?"
Leaving her empty plate and full ale behind she walks to Eeva and takes her arm. In the other hand she has her small pack that she never leaves behind.

faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 01:20
as soon as the door is shut behind tarneldor, it opens again to amit a another regular to the inn, amarth, as soon as he gets sight of the mess he takes a step back in surprise.

"good heavens! what happened here?" he asks

then, seeing eeva's unsteady state rushes to support her, a little too fast for simple common courtisey consern on his weathered face.

"simply deadful, what kind of trouble have you gotten youself into now?"
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 01:29
"That's quite alright, love." Rupert smiled at Eeva, jumping up to try and help her. Seeing that Erainthe had already got up, he sat back down with his drink. "She's a gem, our Eeva."

The door opens, and in comes a worn out looking Ranger.

"What happened?" he asked

"That's quite a story, involving orcs and wolves and fire and..."

Halbarad laughed as Rupert got tongue tied. "Too many stories to try to tell, eh Rupert? Let me just say this, if you get into trouble, give old Rupert a shovel!"

Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 08:29
Eeva was grateful for Erainthe's help. "That would be nice, I haven't really been sleeping well, wait, yes I have, but that's only because I was unconscious. She smiled.

Amarth walked into the pub, rushing to her side. "simply dreadful, what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into now?"

Eeva smiled. "um, lets see, lost in the forest, nearly killed by wolves, then nearly killed saving their pups, oh, and then I was almost strangled to death by an Uruk who was hunting the wolves." She grinned, leaning a bit more on Amarth as her headache grew, making her a bit unstable. "I'll be fine, I just need a little sleep. So, if you two will be so kind as to help me up the stairs." She smiled again.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 09:34
{{ooc: k, not exactly sure where i'm going with this, and i'm sorry if it is a bad post or something, just let me know and I'll change it}}

Marbisk was about to help Erainthe take Eeva upstairs when a man came rushing to her side. He moved out of the way. Erainthe and the man began to take Eeva upstairs. Marbisk saw she was in good hands and made his way over to the fire to hear Rupert's tale. He sat down in a chair. He glanced back at the stairs, at Eeva and the man. Marbisk then tried to focus his attention on the others by the fire, but no matter how hard he tired, he couldn't help looking back at the stairs every few minutes.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 10:29
"Looks like Eeva is in good hands, I suppose I can get to that story." Settling himself down on a chair in front of the fire, Rupert took a deep breath and began to tell his story:

"It was back then, ya know, when all that was evil was trying to take over Middle Earth. Of course, most of us hobbits were not aware of everything that was goin' on. I suppose we weren't very involved 'cause the Shire was so far away from it all. The War, that Frodo Baggins savin' us all. The only reason I was aware was because I was out of the Shire, in Bree at the time. Ya know, I have a little Took in me, from way far back, but I have Took in me just the same. Me and my sweet wife, Miranda, we was hopin' to settle and have a nice pub, a nice homey place. We found a place, it's not really far from here really. Maybe you've passed it by, though it's a burned out shell of a place." Rupert stopped to take a gulp of his drink, trying to hide the tears that were forming in his eyes. "The Hobbit Hole, that was the name of our place, but all kinds of folks visited there, rangers, dwarves, the occasional elf or two. Of course, hobbits was our main business. We had such a nice place. my wife, she had such a knack for makin' things just like home for our guests." Sighing, Rupert continued. "But I get away from the story, please forgive me. The sword, that sword, came to me from a fine Ranger. He never told me where he got it, but he gave it to me when I lost my poor Miranda. When they stole her away and set our place on fire. He left me the sword, and the shield, for safekeeping while he went in search of my love. Never came back, him or her. I've had the sword ever since." Rupert shook his head sadly, looking off into the distance. "I fought orcs alongside of him, alongside some others too. Some of them still come around to this pub, I'm always happy to give them a drink or two on me." Looking up at Cwen, he gave another sad smile. "I've since given up on returning that sword. I see no harm in giving it to another that fought orcs to help protect my pub." Going up to Cwen, the hobbit gave her a friendly hug, blushing a bit. "Please, take it, and always know that you are welcome to a drink or two on Rupert Bracegirdle."

Halbarad listened to the hobbit's story, remembering battles that he had fought in the past. He had never fought alongside any halflings, but he had heard stories of many brave ones in the olden days. "A strange tale you tell, Rupert. And you say he never told you where he had gotten such a fine sword? It isn't something a regular Ranger would have, must of us are partial to using a bow and arrows before we would draw a sword. I'm very sorry for the loss of your wife, have you ever considered looking for her yourself?"
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email