Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post *poll* your fav. ME movie location
on: January 10, 2004 07:59
just wondering which location you like the best....
Minas Tirith
13% (2)
The Shire
16% (2)
Bree
0% (0)
Edoras
18% (2)
Lorien
8% (1)
Moria
1% (1)
Rivendell
23% (3)
Mordor
2% (3)
Isenguard
1% (1)
Don't make me pick one....
18% (2)
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: *poll* your fav. ME movie location
on: January 10, 2004 08:01
i like edoras the best. partly because the location was real. the mountains, the buildings, and the hills. its all so beautiful.
Miredhel_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 04:10
The Shire was beautiful. :love: When it popped up onto the big screen in FOTR, I sat back in my seat and went "oo this is going to be good!" And then there's Rivendell: not how I imagined it, but gorgeous. Minas Tirith gave me goosebumps all over my legs and arms as the camera swept over the streets and towers in ROTK.

Heck, I just can't decide!!!

~*Miredhel
Onua_Wingstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 05:43
I voted Edoras because it was real, but Minas Tirith sure was fantastic.
Camannar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 05:49
Aiya

I voted for Rivendell because I like the whole autumn look, plus their archetechs are great with the buildings and there is a silence there that I like. I like Lorien also but its a bit too dark for my liking.

Camannar
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 09:01
I really LOVED minas tirith too. especially at the part where gandl;af was riding up the seven levels and the part where he says, "minas tirth, city of kings."
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 01:09
...no one's favourite is Lothlorien???

I really like Lothlorien because...it's like natural in a way.

I also like Minas Tirith, it's so mighty and glorious.
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 04:39
i dunno but lorien seemed kinda well.....unreal. minas tirith seemed more realistic. i liked the book's view of lorien better.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 01:42
Just make sure to keep your choices to all the film locations, since this is the movies forum

I'd have to say my favorites were Edoras/Rohan, and the Shire, because they looked so real. In reality, I liked everything with the exception of Lothlorien, since it was so wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. It was good up until it was all blue....before that, with Haldir, it was fine, but I pictured Caras Galadhon as golden and silver (like when Haldir shows it to them from afar), and not all electric blue and glowing.
minuial_gil_estel
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 05:59
I'd have to agree with you Ringhilwen! It seemed weird to be blue... pretty.... but it is the Golden woods right? lol

I said I can't really choose because I like something from all of them. The Shire is so cute and home like, yet I love how powerful and majestic Gondor looks.

I think PJ did a great job on really making each culture different!
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 07:44
Hobbiton seems like home somehow but Rivendell is the place I would most like to be given the chance to go there
Evenstar01
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 09:27
Definately Rivendell!!! I fell in love with it immediately!!!:love:
It's just so romantic, isn't it?!:heart:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 01:18
I know when they showed Caras Galdhon from afar with Haldir it was all green and yellowy. And when we got a close-up it was blue-ish. But I still liked the way it looked. When I voted for Lothlorien I kind of meant all the swan boats. You know in FoTR EE when Galadriel and the Fellowship depart I liked those places, they were really pretty. And plus one of my favourite songs is 'Farwell to Lorien'. So that's another reason I love Lothlorien. I also liked the scenery when the Fellowship departs in the boats, (that's when 'Farwell to Lorien' plays)
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 01:48
I had to say the Shire, because to me it just looks like utopia - all that green grass and rolling hills... But I also looooove Edoras and Minas Tirith - Edoras because it is just so beautiful, and Minas Tirith because it is so grand and spectacular.
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 08:37
Edoras, without a doubt. It is one of the most beautiful and natural places ever. The scene in TTT with Eowyn stood upon the steps with her hair blowing in the wind...gets me every time. Also Rohan is one of my favourite ME cultures. I love the Anglo-Saxon and Celtic feel about it.
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 02:27
it's such a shame that they had to tare edoras down. they could've made tons of money if they turned it into a museum. it was so pretty.
Mara
Chiquita Banana
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 04:48
I loved all the locations! But I have to say that my favourites were Lothlorien, Rivendell and Minas Tirith. Lothlorien was absolutely beautiful! I would love to live in Caras Galadhon! But Rivendell was beautiful, too. And Minas Tirith reminded me so much of Ancient Rome - very cool! But if I had to pick one, it would be Lothlorien! :love:
Dimberaidiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2004 08:00
I love the Shire, it was just so beautiful and green. I would love to visit that area some day.
samandfrodoforever
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 06:25
I love the Shire, very lush and beautiful, full of life and joy, and how awesome are hobbit holes? I want one, so cozy! You could just curl up by a fire, smoke some pipe weed, and tell stories to your closest hobbit friends. Magic.

I was most impressed by Minas Tirith, thank you Alan Lee!!! I was totally wowed, blown away. I would love to live there. When Pippin lights the beacon and the camera shows how high up he is *goosebumps*. I also think the design is brilliant, the spiral, the wedge cliff in the middle... brilliant.

Isengard was also beautiful and frightening at the same time. Thank you Alan Lee again, very impressive. Moria was tres cool as well. xx-Amanda

[Edited on 20/1/2004 by samandfrodoforever]
mallow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 11:45
You know how edoras is real well, i thought minas tirith was real, it was a minature built in a real quarry wasnt it. or am i getting mixed up.
How can you choose between them they are all so wonderful, all individual and so much attention to deteail, although i wasnt expecting lorien to be blue, maybe that was symbolic of somthing like ummm something too deep for someone like me to think of yet.
every set was beautiful and reflects the people who live there.
i loved it all
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 12:48
I could not pick just one ... so my vote went for the last option.

My favorites? Not necessarily in ranking order (just depends upon my mood for the day):

Rivendell, Edoras, The Shire, and Minas Tirith.

Lothlorien was nice though I also agree with Ringhilwen's comment about the "electric blue" ambiance. When I read the book, I visualized this place to be more golden, silver, and green. Ah well, the effect in the movie was interesting anyway.

[Edited on 1/20/2004 by Merenwen~Goldsand]
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 09:28
they really should have made lorien a golden color. that blue stuff made it look really fake. also, the tree trunks were smooth. they could have at least given it some texture.

Edoras:love:
frodos_favorite_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 02:35
omg i loved every single set!!!

i voted for the last option cuz i really couldnt pick....

i think if i really had to i would pick the shire or edoras. i love:heart: the shire soooo much...i really wish i could live there one day. too bad i cant:cry:

and i love edoras becuz..well it was real for one thing but also just like whenever i watch it i get these goosebumps and its so wonderful and detailed and just wow.

i see that no one voted for bree...i guess i can see y becuz it wasnt a main set or wutever but i must admit i really liked it alot. im not quite sure y but i really do.

minas tirith was really nice but im not sure its one of my favorites......

about the whole lothlorien being blue and all...i think that was just cuz it was night wasnt it? and i think PJ wanted to have lorien look mystical at night and all so he made it blue. i think its really lovely.

fangorn forest wasnt an option???:cry::cry::cry: i love fangorn.....
frodos_favorite_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 02:42
ohhh i forgot to comment on Rivendell

well. it wasnt as i imagined it in the books but it was amazing and breathtaking just the same. i thought it really had an elvish feel to it (obviously) and i liked the whole like...autum thing. i dont know if this was the intent but i kind of got from the fall feel of it that u know...the time of the elves is ending..well fall is like summer ending before winter comes...it just kind of symbolfied that the elves were soon leaving and such to me.....

i think that PJ and all the designers were incredible at making each culture different and each place distinct. every place that is seen in the movies has soooo much detail and thought put into it and it reflects the culture it was built by and it all feels really real (even if it is unreal).
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 03:39
Hey what about the Grey Havens?
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 10:49
I love dark colours. So I say Mordor or Moria...and shire is very beautiful at night. Mordor and Moria...I love them dark, threathening atmosphere. I just loved th scenes in Moria, because of the music and that feeling that there's something very dangerous. That feeling before the fights. Ah! And Mordor: Ringwraiths flying on the dark sky. And Shire at night...*gasp*.

But if I had to go visit in somewhere...then Moria and Mordor wouldn't maybe be so nice places . So I think I would go to Riwendell, Shire or Lothlorien.

[Edited on 28/1/2004 by Moonwalker]
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 04:51
So easy! Edoras. Simply because the location is wonderful and it feels incredible to just look at it. That mountain, Mount Sunday, was absolutely the most beautiful location in LotR. I'd like to go there one day! I can't believe something really can be so amazing.
Rivendell was kind of...well, not like I imagined it, so I'm not that fond of it.
Minas Tirith was wonderful, the miniature was wonderful. It was quite as I imagined it, amazing!
The Grey Havens was also great.

But Edoras, wow!:love:
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 03:25
Tinúmelë wrote:
Edoras, without a doubt. It is one of the most beautiful and natural places ever. The scene in TTT with Eowyn stood upon the steps with her hair blowing in the wind...gets me every time. Also Rohan is one of my favourite ME cultures. I love the Anglo-Saxon and Celtic feel about it.
Yep, I couldn't agree with you more, Tinúmelë. Edoras was absolutely the most breath-taking movie location by far. And Meduseld (with all it's equine adornment) was my fav individual structure in the movies. Although I thought all the movie locations were amazing, the elven realms just weren't how I imagined they would be...but very lovely, none-the-less.

Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 04:15
I picked Minas Tirith. It's such a magnificent city. With its 7 layers, the top is what, 800 feet up? I read this somewhere. But to me it is the most beautiful city.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 04:20
I loved the Shire, but if I had to choose I would say Edoras. Although I could definetly see myself living in either place.

jo
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 10:31
Lorien was as beautiful on screen than I imagined it in the books. I love the way the Elves built into nature rather than built over nature, little details like how their houses are built round the trees. I also liked Edoras because the Rohirrim are my favourite race. Minas Tirith sure was breathtaking aswell.
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 03:55

about the whole lothlorien being blue and all...i think that was just cuz it was night wasnt it? and i think PJ wanted to have lorien look mystical at night and all so he made it blue. i think its really lovely.

omg...you are right! i never thought of that! i feel so much better now about the blue lorien thing! yay!
iaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 01:56
I voted for Minas Tirith,,

Lorién is my favorite book place but I ditent like it much in the movies

Niennafefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 06:17
I can't choose anymore, because all the places are beautiful, except mordor. Isenguard was beautiful at the beginning, but then it turned ugly.
My favourite was Lothlorien, and probably still is, but i love all the others because they are all so amazing. But i' probably go with Lothlorien.
~Greenleaf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 09:40
I would definitely say Rivendell because the woodland environment is so serence and beautiful. The architecture is amazing, and it is truly an example of people living with nature. Trees and plants grow right into their houses, and everything is open to the elements. If I could live anywhere, it would be there
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email