Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *poll* your fav. ME movie location
on: June 20, 2004 08:52
I picked Minas Tirith for a couple of different reasons. One is because of all the different movie locations, Minas Tirith came the closest to matching the mental picture that I had already formed of the city. (Very close lol)

The second reason----FARAMIR lives there! :drool::love::heart:
Minas Tirith
13% (2)
The Shire
16% (2)
Bree
0% (0)
Edoras
18% (2)
Lorien
8% (1)
Moria
1% (1)
Rivendell
23% (3)
Mordor
2% (3)
Isenguard
1% (1)
Don't make me pick one....
18% (2)
NiennaAlcarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 06:34
I voted for Rivendell. Though, it was a tough choice! I was in between Lothlorien and Imladris. Until recently, I would have thought I would love to live in The Golden Realm, or wood, whichever. I love the forest, 'the wood', but I'm not inlove with the way it looks inside the trees. It's ok, but it's a bit too dark, even though I much prefer night to day, it's Middle-Earth, so I want it to be light. lol... In a way it's even spooky, Remember, an Elf Witch, lives inside there. LoL. Rivendell on the other hand, is light, bright, lively, and just beautiful! It has nice flowers, a nice breeze (which I love), wonderful large bridges lol, lovely decorated rooms like Arwen's, nice trees, and leaves, and,... etc... It's all good, basically. lol Though places I really wouldn't enjoy are of course the 'EVIL' places, Mordor, Isengard (now), and Moria, because it's too dingy, and filthy orcses roam in there.
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 07:23
I changed my mind. I like the Grey Havens. That is the most beautiful set I have ever seen.
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 06:42
Edoras!
Last month, I went to Mt. Sunday, the location of Edoras. When I climbed to the position they built the Golden Hall and looked around, I held my breath--gee! The mountains, the streams, the field...all are REAL!! I didn't know how to describe its beauty! My companion said, "It's epic!" I think this is the best definition. The set of Rohan buildings were moved off already. So I think the scene we saw was just like what PJ and the crew saw when they found this place. No wonder they decided to shoot the Rohan part here. It's amazing!

BTW, we still not found PJ's glasses he lost there while shooting the film. Maybe they were bitten away by the sheeps there.
Beriedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 07:05
I picked Minas Tirith for a couple of different reasons. One is because of all the different movie locations, Minas Tirith came the closest to matching the mental picture that I had already formed of the city. (Very close lol)

The second reason----FARAMIR lives there! :drool::love::heart:

Ditto. I love the Ancient Rome influence as well.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 05:15
I really can't pick. I like every location for different reasons. I love it all.
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 05:55
I picked Rivendell. All the locations were beautiful, but the places of the elves, Lothlorien and Rivendell, are the ones I found most enchanting. It maybe be partly due to my fondness of forests. But of those two I think Rivendell seemed brighter and more living, almost. I can't really describe it accurately.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 02:40
I picked Rivendell. I love the ocean and I love forests. In Rivendell, you have forests, security, and the Bruinen. If I could, I would have a river and falls around me, too! It's a tough one, but I think if I lived in ME I'd be like Gildor Inglorion and his people, traveling about from place to place.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 06:08
Tough choice for me between Rivendell and The Shire. I finally picked The Shire...I'd actually have to WORK there...in Rivendell, it's a little TOO easy living...a could just turn into a vegetable! LOL
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 06:36
I've always said I'd live in the Shire and take my holidays in Rivendell --- I love both for different reasons, but I'd be more at home in the cozy Shire with my snug hobbit hole. When my Tookishness prompts me with a yen for adventure and a desire to see something elvish...Rivendell, here I come!

[Edited on 23/8/2005 by LinweSingollo]
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Roherynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 10:15
I chose The Shire, because it just has the most amazing sense of home and safety :love: not to mention it's absolutely beautiful. I would just love to live in a cosy little hobbit hole, and wake up every morning and tend to my neat little garden... -goes off in a daydream-

However, Rivendell really took my breath away, it's just so... perfect. If I really did have to choose a place to live, it would be an incredibly hard decision - I wanna live everywhere!
pippin_lovin_fool
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 11:23
I dont think i'd really like to LIVE anywere in middle earth....its all too awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I would if anthing, travel....to all the elven lands......to the forgotten realms...and even to mordor...but if i had to choose, i'd probably live in the shire. Food, drink, hot hobbits with hot accents (Billy, Elijah, Dom, and sean a is cute too). And its o.k to be short and fat there, works for me! :love: :disco:
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 07:25
Minas Tirith was just amazing.
Valdonyr
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 04:30
without doubt i would choose Rohan
yes the Shire, Hobbiton, Gondor, Rivendell they're all good lovely place to dwell in... but i simply love Rohan too much. I'm the kinda guy who likes vast green areas full of grass and some hills and bushes there and then...
Rohan is full of plains... and in fact, even as a Kingdom, Rohan is a favourite to Gondor
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 05:19
Without a doubt Rivendell, with all the elves gone it would make a great singles complex
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 03:09
Can't really pick between Rivendell, Minas Tirith or Edoras. Rivendell is heavenly, Minas Tirith looks just awesome and Edoras just looks more like a small town where you can get to know everyone better!
Dînuial
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2005 04:54
I'd like to live in Ithilian, the garden of Gondor
SingToMeInExile
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 12:34
Edoras is my favorite set because it's actually there (or, it was). The detail they put into it is astonishing. I wish I could live there.
RavenLady
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2005 01:15
I picked Mordor; it was so chilling in the movies. Oh, and Orthanc, which wasn't listed. I really think the "dark" settings are much better than some of the other ones. But I also really liked Rivendell and Lothlorien, they were gorgeous. Edoras was pretty, but not my favorite for some reason.
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 04:25
even tho I LOVED the air shots of the Meduseld castle, in both TTT and ROTK, I have to go for Minas Tirith, it gives me SUCH goosebumps in EVERY SINGLE scene, is such a beautiful city that I adored from the moment I saw it, lol
RavenLady
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 01:16
Minas Tirith has a major problem, IMO. It looked fine, it was pretty, but there are no roads leading to the provinces, no farms or towns seen from a distance, nothing -- apparently everyone who lives in Gondor lives in Minas Tirith, and where they get their food and so on is a mystery. This isn't the kind of fantasy where anything can happen to suit the plot.
At least, I hoped it wasn't . . .
Belegren
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 11:28
i voted for Rivendell since i liked the building architecture and and the scenery was really good. I also want to mention that i liekd minas tirith as well. the white city is my fav but i wasn't that impressed by the way it was protrayed in the movies. i mean the inside of the city.
Drysi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 09:50
I picked Lorien over Rivendell because it's everything Rivendell is, plus it's a big forest! :love: Who wouldn't want to live in a flet? Right up there with the birds and the breeze... *smiles dreamily*
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 09:15
I would have to say Minas Tirith (absolutely beautiful, like in a deleted scene when Gandalf is talking about Gondor's decline)
and the Shire. Maybe Edoras, but it seemed a little, oh I don't know, dirtier or (for lack of a better word) grimier than other places. I just like it cause I'm a horse nut.
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 03:37
Edoras... absolutely mind blowing. It was beautiful, perfecty picked, it was great but at the same time sort od desperate, wating to be saved, in the hight of a mountain, looking around, wathing the years pass, but still owning a magnificence so great... It was the visual heart of Rohan and f what it's people were going through. I loved it!
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 02:23
Rivendell was my favorite. So peaceful and serene...
Failith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 06:50
I think that Rivendell was really beautiful but Gondor was really majestic. Edoras was really mountainous and really class lookin but i duno which 1 would b my favourite
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email