Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: *poll* your fav. ME movie location
on: February 02, 2004 08:14
i said lorien... even if it was sorta... blue, and it was supposed to be yellowish in the mallorn-light... stuff... it reminds me of elves, so much, cuz it's all in the trees, and so.. elf-y!
also rivendell, but it's a little too developed for me, i'll take the nice mallorn forests, even if they're glowing blue, thanks! lol
Minas Tirith
13% (2)
The Shire
16% (2)
Bree
0% (0)
Edoras
18% (2)
Lorien
8% (1)
Moria
1% (1)
Rivendell
23% (3)
Mordor
2% (3)
Isenguard
1% (1)
Don't make me pick one....
18% (2)
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 01:01
Yeah I happened to notice that Lorien was blue at night when I last watched FoTR, so that's why it was blue. I think Lorien looks better at day time.
Curumo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 06:27
I'd have to say Rivendell. Although Lothlorien is equally as great. Not to mention the Gray Havens.
thranduilmirkwoodking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:02
It's a tie between Lothlorien and Edoras. I liked how Lothlorien was made to be mysterious and ancient in a way as if it has been there for a long time.
Edoras[and the rest of Rohan] i liked because it seemed so real like you could go there.
_FrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:09
This was tough choice, but I picked the Shire. I just loved that location. It was beautiful. But they were all so amazingly done. I wish I could vote for them all. My 2nd choice would have been Minas Tirith. Specacular stuff!

And you know, I thought Bree was one of the best locations as well. Really authentic.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 10:34
Most definately Edoras! My favorite parts of the books are everything having to do with Rohan. It seemed like in the film that location just popped right out of the writing. I really wish there was more of it. Too bad they had to take it down... My other two favorites are Rivendell and the Grey Havens. But Rohan tops them all!
gothic_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 02:29
I have to say Edoras - just the scenery and everything is beautiful!
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 04:29
The Shire
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 02:25
I voted Rivendell, but I really like The Shire too!
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 02:41
I can't choose anymore, because all the places are beautiful, except mordor. .

when you think about it, mordor was probobaly once very beautiful. just like isenguard.

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by sarumans_wolf]
mírfain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 03:51
I took the last one cos I like so many of them! the shire, rivendell, lothlorien (I think the blue is great! it give's it a mysterious look...besides, it's night, so it can't be gold and light) edoras, minas tirith... I love all of them! so, I just can't choose between them...
NarinaCalimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2004 08:42
Lorien. It had all those great big trees and pretty buildings and everything there just glowed. Definitely a place I wouldn't mind living.
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 08:50
I really can't choose...

Minas Tirith was amazing, but so was Minas Morgul! I loved that black-vile green combination. I liked Rivendell much more than Lothlórien for some reason, but I really don't know why.
Precious!
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 05:09
oh...i know!! i really like minas morgul too. it makes you wonder how beautiful it was before it went all evil.
Miss_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 06:41
I like Edoras best, but it was really hard to pick. The shire and Minas Tireth were both amazing too. Its just so sad they had to take Edoras down!
Princess_of_Dol_Amroth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 02:17
My favorite of the ones listed would have to be Rivendell. I loved what Peter Jackson did with it in The Fellowship of the Ring, it was breathetaking. But, if I were allowed a choice out of all M-e locations I would have to say I favour Dol Amroth and Gondolin.
Celebrianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 02:01
I was most impressed by Minas Tirith, thank you Alan Lee!!! I was totally wowed, blown away. I would love to live there.

Oh, that is the person that created it. He did a wonderful. City of Kings indeed

I thought Minas Tirith captured the beautiful skill of the Numenoreans. I think the creator did an excellent job because it also slightly showed the decay of Gondor. It must have been a splendid image in the days of Isildur. The city accurately portrays the knowledge and wisdom of Numenor. The Citadel alone resembled the artistry of the Men of Westernesse. The images and statues all remind me of a beauty lost but not forgotten. Excellent job Mr. Lee. I agree fully with Faramir when he said he would love to see the glory of Gondor restored.

I loved the Shire and Rivendell as well. The Shire looked so green and healthy. Just makes you want to have a picnic everyday there.

[Edited on 17/6/2004 by Celebrianna]
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 10:45
i would LOVE to have a picnic in the shire!!!!!!! it's my dream!!!! also, i saw RotK again and i just love the way the camera goea bove the citadel right after gandalf rides up the 7 lebels. it's awesome!!!
Nefertirievy
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 03:53
Id have to say Rivendell!! Its soo beautifull and it almost seems angelic!!! I thought it was the best set, I loved it, it was almost a story in itself.
mindy
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 08:16
I voted for the Shire (mainly because I'd love to live wherever Pippin and Merry live!) but would be equally happy in Edoras, but then again there's Rivendell which is supposed to be a bit of everything! Oh dear its just too hard but to be honest I think I'd be fairly happy to live anywhere as long as it was in Middle Earth!

Mindy

xx
simba
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 01:10
Edoras and Minas Tirith, maybe cause seem to be more "real"
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 06:50
That's probably because they are supposed to be human cultures. When you think about it, they seem more real to us because we are humans too. It's not like the dwarves, elves hobbits, or orcs. Those don't seem as real to us because those cultures aren't human.
Shadowfax3791
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 01:18
i like Edoras the best. It's so beautigul. AND it's all 100% real.
GollumDeagol
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 05:35
I voted for the Shire. It's just so beautiful there. And, I don't know where half those places are.
Foggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 04:04
The Shire
Though it was a very hard decision...........
pippin_princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 10:26
I like Mordor. I don't know why, but I just do.
Tinwetari
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 10:32
My favorite place is Lothlorien. It's absolutely gorgeous.
Nènar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 11:22
My favorite place will have to be the Shire!
Hobbits are cosy, warm and so is the Shire!
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 11:59
Having to choose just one was difficult, because all the sets and locations are beautiful in there own right.
But in the end I chose Edoras.It was everything I had visualised it in my head to be and so much more.
I was thinking of the blue tinge that was on Lothlorien.
I always seen that scene as being played out at night, so maybe they made a subtle lighting change to show this.
Or maybe I'm rambling..(which isn't unheard of)
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 05:18
I like Mordor. I don't know why, but I just do.

lol. Just like you too. I like Mordor too. It's wierd but, minus the evilness, it would be a very interesting place to live.
tiniwel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 11:30
I really like the Shire, mostly because it was so peaceful and I loved all the flowers. I'd do a lot more gardening, if there wasn't so much work involved!
I liked Rivendell, too, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd be nice and snuggly in my very own Hobbit hole with a cup of tea and a book!

Sarah aka Tiniwel
ChildofLuthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 03:44
I voted for Mina Tirith. This was a very difficult decision to make, because I also love Lothlorien a BUNCH. I had to go for Minas Tirith, though, because of those far-away shots and the bird's- or Nazgul's-eye-views.
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 04:44
Don't make me choose
EruanwenSaeriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 07:18
Rivendell - especially the bridge set - very beautiful and romantic - didn't hurt it had two of the most beautiful people on the planet (IMO) doing a scene there either.
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 10:29
I voted for the Shire. I love it there!! Little holes for little people (like me)!!! And besides that I love Hobbits and their carefree nature!!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email