Register

Author Topic:
Arwhen
Council Member
Send Message
Post The most beautiful moment of The Trilogy
on: January 31, 2004 01:21
Hey brave Knights^^ Here I am again with another question for you:
Which is for you the most beautiful moment of all the Trilogy??
For me is the Fight on the Peleannor Fields and the end :cry: when frodo left on the elves's ship with Bilbo, Galadriel, Elrond and Celeborn
everytime I hear the Soundtrack I cry and I see in my mind all the emotions and beautiful moments that this adventure has left on me
Lindir
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The most beautiful moment of The Trilogy
on: January 31, 2004 02:00
OK, I have a few favourites from the Trilogy: the forging of the Fellowship; the part where they're walking over the bridge leaving Rivendell (beautiful shot, really, that's it); the resolution of the Three hunters (admirable); Sam's speach (TTT); the sweeping shot over the mountains with the beacons lighting up (slightly adicted to that scene and the music that goes with it!); the charge of the Rohirrim (enough to make the hair raise on the back of the neck); Sam's speach in RotK (he does so many good ones); Legolas and Gimli's little piece before they ''die'' (thought that was beautiful - nearly made me cry! congratulations to John and Orlando for that one); and, last but not least, the part where everyone bows to the Hobbits (that was gorgeous and really made me cry!).

I think that that's it - could be more, but it's 1 minute past twelve in the morning, so the old brain ain't quite running right!

Lindir
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 06:29
I'd say the most "beautiful" moment in the trilogy would have to be the scene on Mt Doom after the Ring is destroyed and Frodo says, "It's gone; It's done" and remembers the Shire. He is filled with joy again.

Another beautiful moment is the charge of the Rohirrim! Oh how I wish I could have been in there!!!
Irethyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 12:00
I'd say among the most beautiful are:
The bonfires at the mountaintops,
Minas Tirith and crowning of the king.
Eledhwn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 01:00
Mmm. I loved the part when Faramir was riding off to Osgiliath and to his doom, and Pippin was singing. *sniff* Though I also have a certain fondness for the very end, where Aragorn is crowned king and he kisses Arwen, then bows to those cutsey little hobbits.
narithil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 03:40
It's so hard to decide. I love the part with Pippin singing and Faramir riding into battle. I also love the part where Arwen comes to Gondor. Then there are the battles- all are wonderful, but very sad. And there is the part right after the Fellowship leaves Imladris.

These were just beautiful movies.
OlorinTheWhite
Wandering Istari
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 03:57
The coronation of Aragorn is, to me, the most beautiful scene in the entire trilogy. The crown, the amazing music, Aragorn looking very kingly, all the white petals and Arwen and then everyone bowing to the hobbits...it was just too much! Definitely one of the happiest and most stately moments and very beautiful as well.

Frodo and the eagles at Mt. Doom was also great(especially the music), and is probably second in my book. Third would have to be Gandalf and the Riders of Rohan charging down the hill into the Uruks at Helm's Deep; very powerful.
lostleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:23
I would have to say the the most beautiful moment in those movies is when Aragorn says to the four hobbits "You bow to no one." It was so wonderful. That part just made the movies.:cry:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 08:25
first:
"Another beautiful moment is the charge of the Rohirrim! Oh how I wish I could have been in there!!!" eeep!! personally, i like horses, but not charging destriers ridden by people swinging swords on a field of war.
second:
the most beautiful parts, to me, were the charge to osgiliath (and faramir being ordered there)/pippin singing/denethor eating, and the lighting of the signal torches, and... wow, can't think.. was it merry who pledged service? well, that scene is in the list, and the reforging of narsil, also, in TTT, the three hunters and haldir's death, i usually start crying there... haldir... no, don't die!...And Shadowfax! coming to gandalf's whistle...and for FotR, most of the landscape shots, and... boromir's death. oh, so, so, so beautiful...moria and gandalf's death... where they're running, and the orcs start shooting again and its almost silent... and... oh, how i love that scene!
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 09:26
There are so many beautiful moments in these films, but as soon as I saw the thread title I thought of one line:

"I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."

*shivers* It's so special, and whether in book or movie, any tears I'm holding back at that point suddenly come gushing out, as if I've been given permission to cry
Kiss
~Estel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 09:51
The coronation in ROTK. There are no words for me. Even though it's fictional, it is the most beautiful thing I have EVER seen.
pippin_is_my_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 11:08
when frodo awakes and he sees Gandalf and merry and Pip jump on the bed and when he sees sam.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 12:39
Frodo making the decision to go to Mordor alone, and Sam not letting him go alone.:heart:
IsildursHeir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 01:16
Two scenes were really moving: When the fellowship was walking up the hill with the music going, and in RotK, when the Rohirrim break through the formations of Mordor. It was great to see Theoden give that speech and lead them into battle.
ViggosGurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 01:51
Most beautiful scene has to be when the orc is about to "bleed Frodo like a pig" and Sam stabs him through the middle and u see the glowing blade. That or when Theodan dies and Eowyn is crying over him. It was all beautiful!!!:cry:
Elf_Minx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 05:47
This is going to sound really werid aye but I was really moved how Hailders (cant spell!) death was captured aye!
And infact most of everything that had to do with Sam and Frodo just before the Shelob part. I mean little people caring for each other aint it just adoreable! Carrying Frodo up Mount Doom made me smile aye....
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 11:17
Visually Beautiful
- Gandalf's arrival at Bag-end on his cart: the beautiful colours, a shot right out of my imagination, and that breathtaking music all added up to make the first real scene of the trilogy also one of the most perfect.
- the first glimpse of Strider
- Rivendell: it's beautiful, peroid
- Edoras, and especially the shot of Éowyn standing on the terrace after Wormtongue tries to seduce her
- Arwen's arrival in Rivendell: the colours and the music there are beautiful, and so is Liv
- the beacons: the music there is just stunning

Emotionally Beautiful
- The Shards of Narsil: Boromir trying to reach out to the first human he encounters in Rivendell, then accidentally dropping the shards
- Gríma seducing Éowyn: beautiful
- the Last March of the Ents: the music, the fluent movement and those lines all add up to make of the most incredible moments of the trilogy for me
- Merry running after Pippin
- The Charge of the Rohirrim: absolutely perfect
- the look on Gandalf's face when he talks about Valinor
- Rosie Cotton, dancing. She had ribbons in her hair.
- the Eagles
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:14
i would have to say the part where every single person in Minas Tirith bows to the four Hobbits. (its also the part where i cry *really* hard every time i see it) the soundtrack part there just makes you wanna:cry:. it... it.... it's beyond words.

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by sarumans_wolf]
Bronwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:45
There are so many beautiful moments in the films, from fellowship when Sam says 'I made a promise Mr Frodo, a promise, "don't you leave him Samwise gamgee", and I don't mean to, I don't mean to.'
From Two Towers Sam speech whilst we shots of the battle.
And Return of the King the ride of the Rohirrim, it makes me cry everytime. The beacons scene is visually the most beautiful scene in the whole trilogy. Most of return of the king is beautiful, especially from the moment the ring is destroyed to the end.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 11:06
Serioiusly, when Legolas arrives in Rivendell and turns around.

*gasp!*

So beautiful!:heart:

I really am such a fangirl
Niennafefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 11:24
in FotR, the most beautiful moments are: the Lothlorien stairs, the shire, when it's all happy at the beginnig, when Frodo grabs sams hand when he's drowning and he sort of "comes back to life" , the horses in the water that drowns the Nazgul, whe Aragorn closes Frodo's fingers around the ring and says "i would have gone with you to the end, to the very fires of Mordor. And the gate to Moria.

in TTT, they are: when Eowyn is standing on Edoras, and the flag goes, when Theoden lets gimli blow the hornburg (is that it's name or is it just the horn), the drowning of Isenguard, the bit at the and when it's Samwise the brave, and when piipin says, no, not that way, and makes them go to isenguard.

In RotK are the most beautiful bits! they are: when the beacons are lit, when Merry climbs the tower to watch pippin ride away, the ride of the rohirrim, when sam comes holding the light of earendil and says "get away from him, filth", when the ring is destroyed and frodo remember the shire. when Aragorn is crownes, and when he says "my friends, you bow to no-one" The battle on the Pellenor fields. When Merry says "i knew you'd find me Pip." When Eowyn says "ride with me"

My two favourites are:when pippin sings, that's really sad and touching and when Faramir's riding to osgiliath in it i love it! And the Theoden speach before the charge, and this always sends a shiver down my spine hen i see it at the cinema, when the all shout "DEATH" and then Eowyn shouts it, that bits really special.

The whole thing is beautiful, and i love the way that you've got to know the characters and their beliefs and what they want to do and how they want to save middle earth sot hat you can really feel their grief and happiness and depsair and everything, i think that's what makes it so brilliant and special.
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 11:26
I agree with Figwit,
I love the moment when Gríma tries to seduce Éowyn. Great acting.
Other good moments:
*Just looking at Edoras - isn't it wonderful?
*Éomer and Gríma fighting. I really can't explain why I love that scene, but I think it's gorgeous.

Though my absolute favourite is in the end of RotK, when Frodo's lying in the bed and wakes up and sees Gandalf, the hobbits and the rest of the Fellowship comes in. That scene made me laugh with Frodo and Gandalf, cry for their fate, be happy because the ring is gone and be sad because the beautiful tale is now ended. Such a great moment that I will always remember as the one who touched me the most. And I think I'll always shed a tear when I see it, it's just a pity that Boromir didn't make it.
But really, that scene made me go through all feelings possible, but mostly crying. Maybe this is my fav scene because usually I don't cry, I didn't cry when Boromir died, I didn't cry when Théoden dies..actually I never cried in FotR and TTT. But here - I cried like a baby! Anyway..
jerri
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 04:12
When Sam says I cant carry it for you, but I can carry you. And The good by sceen at the Gray Havens as the ship sails away.
Ithil623
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 04:53
FotR-BOROMIR'S DEATH! That was beautifully done.
When the Fellowship walk between those two rocks and you get a close up of them with the music blaring in the back round and Gandalf's talk with Frodo in Moria.
TTT-Eowyn: singing at Theodred's funeral(EE), fighting with Grima, looking over Edoras.
Sam in the end of the movie when he said "Do you think we'll ever be put in stories?" And Faramir seeing Boromir's funeral boat (EE).
RotK- Again Eowyn looking over the city. When Gandalf and Pippin are talking and Pippin asks if there's any hope left. And later when they talk about death. Theoden's speech and the charge on Peleannor. That has to be the BEST part of the movie. Everything after Sam said "I can't carry it, but I can carry you" ( "ribbions in her hair").
And even though it only happened in the trailer- " We will see the Shire again." That made me cry and it was just that one line.
~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 05:29
Letssee...

The pan-out of Aragorn and Arwen's kiss in Rivendell *sigh*

Boromir's Last Stand

Seeing the Balrog as a tiny speck falling down the abyss

Eowyn standing in the wind at Edoras

Arwen crying over Aragorn in the 'Flash-foward'

Forth Eorlingas

any filtered close-up of Legolas...

The Ride of the Rohirrim

Sam saying: "I can't carry it, but I can carry you!'

Sam talking about Rosie at Mount Doom

Arwen peeping from behind that banner So sweet!

Gandalf saying 'I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil'

Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 04:15
For me the scene in Rivendell, when Frodo sees Bilbo and he has aged so much, and Bilbo greets him with 'Frodo, my boy'. Each time I reach that part in the Fellowship, I say 'right, I'm not going to cry' but I can't stop myself. :cry:

Also, the ROTK scene at the ship leaving for the Grey Havens, just too much.:cry::cry:

[/b]Visually:[b] Oh, so many, but probably Caradhras in the Fellowship and the lighting of the beacons in ROTK.
Irethyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 09:03
Okay I have to add some more scenes to my previous ones:

I actually started to cry a bit when I recently memorized quite vividly Pippin's singing at Minas Tirith. And by the way I love the way Billy Boyd speaks English English...I haven't heard that dialect much on TV.
The palace of Rohan is also a magnificent place, those mountains around! I wonder how long it took to build that all.

And of course the goodbyes at the Grey Havens..

All those movies had beautiful moments, but I have to see them again in order to say more...
Lady_Nefrodiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 03:43
The most beautiful moment for me in the trilogy was in RotK. When the hobbits came up and started to bow to Aragorn and Aragorn was like, "My friends you bow to no one," and everybody started bowing. That was beautiful.. I cried the first time I saw it, and I still get goose bumps when I see it. *sniff* That was one of the most touching scenes in all of the trilogy, and is one of my favorite scenes in RotK.
RakshaTheDemon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 09:58
Most Physically Beautiful Moments in the Trilogy:

1. Arwen summoning the waters to cover the Nazgul - her long black hair and white horse, the black riders, the water, it's gorgeous
2. The shot of Rivendell as the lone rider (think it's Boromir) approaches it, misty but beautiful
3. Saruman standing atop Orthanc, summoning the storm
4. The often-mentioned scene of Eowyn, beautiful and desolate, standing in front of Meduseld atop Edoras, the hall and the hill all darkened by despair, and the flag flutters down.
5. Oops, forgot, that shot of Aragorn and Arwen pledging to each other in Rivendell
6. Gandalf summons Shadowfax
7. The Siege of Gondor, with the city, bereft of fighters, facing the assembled might of Sauron complete with those whopping huge Oliphaunts
8. Oh yes, the lighting of the beacons - magnificent
9. Rohan comes at last!
10. Aragorn is crowned king of Gondor - FINALLY he appears all dressed up with hair washed! He sings too. (pluses for Faramir looking extra-hot in a nice outfit in the crowd. Yes, Arwen was there and kissing Aragorn, but frankly I was watching the guys)

Most Emotionally Affecting Moments In the Trilogy:

1. The moment where the audience first realizes that scruffy ol' Strider is a lot more than he seems - in Rivendell, when Boromir comes up and starts fingering the shards of Narsil, and speaks irreverently of the relics after being cut by them; and Aragorn is quietly watching and gives Boromir THAT LOOK - we see the royal steely glint under the Ranger's rough exterior. Aragorn doesn't say a word, he doesn't have to, Boromir retreats, blustering.

2. The great scene on the mountains where the Fellowship has halted to rest - Boromir teaches the younger hobbits swordplay, Aragorn, who is smoking his pipe and looking rather relaxed, can't help offering advice, and the hobbits turn around and pounce on Boromir and tickle him, and Pippin and Merry and Boromir are all laughing. It's a really lovely moment; and made me love Boromir where I had never cared much about the same character in the book.

3. Gandalf's death in Moria and its aftermath - from the horrid moment where the struggling wizard locks eyes with terrified Frodo and they both know that Gandalf is going to fall, through to the hobbits' tearful collapse after they exit and Aragorn saying "get them up", oh, wow. And I love Boromir's protectiveness towards the hobbits - it looks like Frodo would have run after Gandalf and gotten himself killed if not for Boromir restraining him in his arms.

4. The scene where Gandalf and Legolas & Gimil & Aragorn enter Meduseld - from Gandalf's snowing the guard about depriving an old man of his staff and even leaning on Legolas to show how decrepit he is through to the healing and awakening of Theoden and his recognition of Eowyn, and asking for his son, who he doesn't know is dead.

5. Of course I have to include the EE scene with Denethor & sons at Osgiliath, oh it was marvelous - a dysfunctional family at its best (the Faramir/Boromir interaction, Boromir's triumph) and worst (Denethor publically scorning and humiliating Faramir and sending the wrong son off to Rivendell). It gives me shivers...

6. Whoops, forgot the Gandalf and Frodo scene in FOTR when they talk about Gollum and, I think, death and destiny, it is the same scene isn't it..

7. During the battle of Helm's Deep, when the defenders have retreated until they can retreat no more, and Theoden asks Aragorn "what can men do against such reckless hate" and Aragorn answers "ride out and meet them". And Theoden arms himself and he and Aragorn lead the small armored column out against a few thousand orcs, although they know they're not going to survive, just to buy some more time for the helpless women and children. Also, big plus points for Haldir's death; the taking of the young boys and old men to be soldiers, and Aragorn's giving hope to the scared boy who's going out to probably die. The mingling of the There Is Always Hope and Courage Against Overwhelming Odds/Certain Death is terrific.."FORTH, EORLINGAS!"

8. A lighter moment - Aragorn actually smiles and flirts with Eowyn a bit on the march to Helm's Deep, making a joke (the only time he does so) about Dwarves and their beards.

9. Denethor orders Faramir to go retake Osgiliath, which is a suicide mission; Faramir and his knights ride down the steps of Minas Tirith showered with flowers by the weeping populace who also know the knights are gonna die, even the guard attending Denethor says there aren't enough men to retake Osgiliath, Denethor gobbles down his food while the horrified Pippin sings and Faramir leads the charge to almost certain death. Unbelievable...

10. Sam and Frodo climbing Mount Doom, at the end of their strength, but determined. Sam says "I can't carry it (the Ring) but I can carry you" and shoulders the exhausted Ringbearer and continues to climb. Absolutely awesome moment.

Okay, most of these are scenes rather than moments. Too bad. It's my list, I'll include what I want to.

RAKSHA THE DEMON

[Edited on 8/2/2004 by RakshaTheDemon]
Elijahs~Angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 02:31
hey..

my favorite part of the entire trilogy..well i have two,the first one is right at the end when the ring is destroyed and the eagles take frodo and sam away (i cried my eyes out on that part,so emiotonal) and secondly,the song 'Into the West' it always brings tears to my eyes.

my second favoite part is Faramir risking his life to go to fight in Osgliliath ( i really, really, really, really love Faramir)

and thats it!
RakshaTheDemon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 02:10

my second favoite part is Faramir risking his life to go to fight in Osgliliath ( i really, really, really, really love Faramir)

I'm pretty fond of Ranger-Boy myself. (as opposed to dear ol' Sword-that-was-broken, who is also a Ranger, but has more names and doesn't wash his hair as frequently as Faramir). Wish there had been more of Faramir in the theatrical version of ROTK...

RAKSHA THE DEMON

Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 02:52
FotR: When Frodo says that 'he will take the Ring to Mordor'. Very brave and it really 'starts' the adventure.
TTT: when Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli meet Gandalf again in Fangorn Forest & the last march of the Ents. It shows that their are older things that still have power.
RotK: erm... the whole movie. But if I have to choose: the scene when Gandalf tells Pippin about Valinor and the 'End of all things' scene. In both scenes, you see hope on faces in very doubtful circumstances. And though I am not an Elijah fan ( >>ducks<< ), I think it is wonderful to see that he can sleep again in peace, although Orodruin is kind of exploding.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 06:47
So many beautiful moments ... where to even start?

FOTR:
- That very first shot of the Shire... It's so simply idyllic, it sets up the rest of the three movies: imagine leaving that perfect place to go through what those four hobbits did!

TTT:[u][/u]
- Sam's answer to Frodo's question: "What are we holding onto, Sam?"
- Sam: "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for."

ROTK:
- The very end of ROTK when everyone is bouncing on the bed, or standing around it, hugging Frodo and laughing. Then Sam walks in with his hair all brushed down about his face and Sam and Frodos eyes just lock and there is no sound ... just the look of love and understanding in both their faces. Makes me bawl every time!!!

- Aragorn's speech in front of the black gate:
"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, [b]but it is not this day.[/b] An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" ... Dang, I'd follow him into battle after a speech like that!

And, well, I could probably list every other shot in each of the three movies here, but I won't, smiles.
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 11:25
For me, the most beautiful moment was when Frodo collapses on Mount Doom and Sam says, "I can't carry the Ring, but I can carry you" and carries him all the way up.
blixy18
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 01:03
gosh....this is hard.
in fellowship, i think that would be when they're walking over the hill and the wonderful fellowship music is playing, it's so majestic. also, when boromir dies...heartwrenching yet...i don't know....just unbelievible.
in two towers just before the battle of helms deep starts and the rain starts. then theoden saying "so it begins" that was just spooky, gives me shivers everytime.
in rotk, when sam asks frodo if he remembers the shire and then afterwards when frodo finally remembers the shire after they distroy the ring.
the pan shot of the lighting of the becons.
the charge of the rohirrim in pelennor fields and when they leave dunharrow and it shows all the horses riding away.
and the whole crowning ceremony in the end especially when aragorn says to the hobbits that they bow to no one.
lastly, this isn't a "beautiful" moment but i have to mention it because it's just soooo sad and gets to me everytime. when pippin's taken away...that's just sooo sad, i cry even when i listen to hope and memory on the soundtrack.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email