Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The most beautiful moment of The Trilogy
on: February 25, 2004 04:56
I'm gonna be truthful i cried my eyes out for 98% of the movie! I am a very emotional person! The most beautifyl moment i thought was when Sam is holding Frodo on Mt. Doom. That got me right here :heart: :cry: There were a lot of beautiful moments but that is the one that got me! Also at the docks that was another tear jerker! OMG i was crying so hard and a few people i was with were like whats up with that. and i'm like if u followed it like i do you'd be crying 2!
AgorndanPrincess
Azrael
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 11:16
I have a few as well

-The last scene ("My friends, you bow to no one.")
-The scene where Faramir is riding off to suicide and Pip was singing
-The Legolas/Gimli scene ("How about a friend")
-Aragorn's speech ("Men of the West")
-When Elrond gives Aragorn the sword.
Aredhel_ArFeiniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 01:43
I can't possibly make a list of what I thought because whats not beautiful?? *sigh*
I have to quote a couple of them which really stand out(and bring me to tears):

Frodo: "Its over! Its gone!"
(Also, the scene that shows Frodo being carried away on the Eagle..he just looks so peaceful..wow what a beautiful scene!)

Aragorn: "My friends. You bow to no one!"
(OMG! Tears!!!!!!)

Gandalf: "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."
I must say, the Grey Havens is the most beautiful scene in the entire trilogy...
When Frodo smiles to his friends....looking for the first time at peace within himself, like his old self....
This scene brings me to tears every time, and i'm sure it always will. *sniffle*
Peaceful yet so sad.......

Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 08:25
Most beautiful moments:

FOTR:

-I really like the arrival of Gandalf scene. When you first see it, you're just enthralled by the beautiful scenery.

-The formation of the Fellowship.

-Lothlorien was beautiful.

-Sam: "I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise."

-Aragorn: "We shall not leave Merry and Pippin to torment and death."

TTT:

-When Aragorn tells the boy at Helms Deep that there's always hope.

-Merry: "You're part of this world! Aren't you?"

ROTK:

-Arrival it Isengard(some of the members of the Fellowship are re-uinted.)

-Merry & Pippin are seperated (I cried when I first saw it...you can tell they care about eachother.)

-Pippin's song!

-Aragorn's speach at the black gate.

-"For Frodo"...Aragorn and Merry and Pippin are the first to the black gate.

-The reunion of the Fellowship.

-Coronation scene and "my friends, you bow to no one."

-the return to the Shire.

-the scene where Frodo leaves is sad...but beautiful.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 10:45
For me...the whole trilogy is beautiful. But to top it all off, this one has to be the best (in my humble opinion):

Frodo smiling at his companions as he leaves for the Undying Lands.

Moments like that are priceless, beautiful, and just...."sweet". You'll never find another smile like his in the world....

[Edited on 13/3/2005 by foolofatook~]
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 07:29
I'm going to interpret "beautiful" as what moved me most; and I'm going to make my criteria for that "what still makes me cry after the MANY times I've viewed these films. So here goes, my top.....ah, what the heck, top 5.

#1. "I made a promise Mr. Frodo...'don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee!' And I don't mean to....I don't mean to"

#2. "I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I promise you I will not let the White City fall or our people fail."

(The entire scene from beginning to end, but the gratitude in Boromir's face and the fearsome tears in Aragorn's eyes get me every time.)

#3. "What, Gandalf? See what?" "White shores, and beyond a far green country under a swift sunrise." "Well, that isn't so bad." "No. No, it isn't."

(Just kill me with weeping now and get it over with!)

#4. "My friends, you bow to no one."

#5. "We set out to save the Shire, Sam, and it has been saved--but not for me..."
Dolen_i_vad_a_nin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 11:03
Ok, here we go...

Fellowship of the Ring:

-Frodo in the Shire with Gandalf......"What must I do?"
-Aragorn at Rivendell........"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword."
-Merry and Pippin........"Frodo, hide here quick." "What's he doing?" "He's leaving." ...... "Run Frodo, quick! Hey! hey, over here!" I think that this is the most selfless act in the whole movie. Extremely moving still even now.
-Sam........"I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to, I don't mean to."

The Two Towers

-The way Legolas defends Gimli against Eomer......."You would die before your sword fell."
-Merry to the Ents........."You're a part of this world, aren't you?"
-Merry to Pippin........."And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a Shire, Pippin."
-Theoden's speech getting dressed for the Helm's Deep battle.
-Theoden......."Let this be the hour where we draw swords together."
-Sam....."That there's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

Return of the King

-Theoden's speech at Orthanc...."We shall have peace..."
-Eowyn talking about her dream.......well, Faramir's dream.
-Pippin leaving Merry........"I don't know. I don't know what's going to happen."
-Arwen...."But there is also life. You saw there was a child, you saw my son!"
-The look on Aragorn's face when Elrond tells him that Arwen is dying.
-When you see Rohan come over the hill at Pelennor
-Eomer's reaction when he finds Eowyn and thinks she is dead
-Aragorn healing Eowyn
-Eowyn and Faramir talking in the gardens
-Aragorn being crowned/seeing Arwen
-Sam......."If ever I was to marry someone, it would have been her. it would have been her."
-Gandalf......"I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."
-Frodo kissing Sam
rohansteelsheen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 11:11
The best parts would have to be when Eomer and the Rohirram charge Helm's deep in the Two Towers.

Also, when the Rohirram charge Pelennor.

I get shudders everytime i see them.
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 11:06
I have two honorable mentions and one absolute favorite.

Honorable Mentions:

"Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee, and I don't mean to."

"There's some good in this world, Mr Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT IN THE ENTIRE TRILLOGY:

"Then let us be rid of it, once and for all. Come on, Mister Frodo. I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! COME ON!"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 07:33
I have more than one.... just cant choose
the scene where the Rohirrim charges Pelenor-- you know, Theoden's speech and the "Death!" and all that... seriously gets me all chill-bumpy.
The second is, of course, where Sam picks up Frodo and carries him. That almost brings me to tears... well, it usually does, actually...
the part where eomer and his riders show up at helms deep.. I remember when I saw that in the theater I was in awe ^_^
the part where eomer finds eowyn and the houses of healing... sad, but lovely and so touching

and well, there are so many smaller scenes that just stay with me. ^_^ the movies are just amazing.
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 09:09
Umm, maybe I'm odd but anyways, this:
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/3505723/846498
I just love that, I think that is maybe the most beautiful thing between a man and a woman. Just a simple hand-movement and romantic words. That's my opinion... You might agree and that's sure okay
rohansteelsheen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 12:48
Umm, maybe I'm odd but anyways, this:
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/3505723/846498
I just love that, I think that is maybe the most beautiful thing between a man and a woman. Just a simple hand-movement and romantic words. That's my opinion... You might agree and that's sure okay

I wpu;d have to disagree and say that that was the most creepy part of the trilogy.
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:43
Yeah, creepy and beautiful.
East_Emnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 11:13
I'm just going to give a list here:

FOTR:
1) Merry and Pippin distracting the orcs
2) The lines between Frodo and Sam at the end of the FOTR: "I'm going to Mordor alone" "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you" and the line between the two afterwards in the boat

TTT:
1) Legolas' "You would die before you stroke fell"
1) Theoden's speech while he was getting ready for battle
2) Gandalf and Eomer's charge at helms deep
3) The Ents breaking the dam at Isengard
4) Sam's speech at Osgiliath

ROTK:
1) Theoden's "We shall have peace..." speech at Orthanc
2) Eowyn's/Faramir's dream
3) When Minas Tirith first comes into view
4) The lighting of the beacons
5) Gandalf's "far green country..." speech
6) Theoden's speech on the Pelennor fields
7) At the end of his speech when the camera zooms out and you see his entire army
The charge at the Pelennor fields
9) Pippin's "No Merry, I'm going to take care of you." line
10) Aragorn's speech at the black gate
11) Sam's "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." line
12) When Frodo wakes in Minas Tirith and is reunited with the rest of the fellowship
13) Aragorn's "You bow to no one" line
14) My last moment is Frodo's last line of the movie, the best piece of advice given in the movies and the books, "Do not be to sad Sam, you can not always be torn in two. You have so much to enjoy, so much to be, and to do."

I was supprised when I read through the post in this thread that my last favorate moment (ROTK #14) did no appear in any of them.
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 12:54
Here's my list (not in any particular order, not even in the order of what movie they're in):
- The entire Grey Havens scene, it's so peaceful but you can tell Pippin, Merry, and Sam are just sooooo sad and torn inside
- Aragorn's "I bid you stand, Men of the West!" bit and then "For Frodo"
- Haldir's death
- Boromir's death
- "You would die before your stroke fell" and the look on Gimli's face like "Whoa. He cares!"
- "Never thought I'd fighting side by side with an Elf" "What about side by side with a friend?""Aye, I could do that" sooooo beautiful
- "Rosie Cotton dancing" and the whole bit on the rock while the lava's flowing about- just so.... so.... -bursts into tears-
- the coronation of Aragorn and "You bow to no one"
- Lothlorien and specifically, I know this is totally weird but: The Mirror of Galadriel it's just so beautiful
- "I'm going to Mordor alone""Of course you are, and I'm comin' with you!" the pure friendship
- "What are we hanging on to Sam?" and that part, even Gollum is affected
- the charge of the Rohirrim at the Pelennor fields
- Pippin singing while Faramir charges

And more but I think I'll stop there.

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by TinaHalfelven]
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 04:41
If I'm forced to choose just one scene out of so many, I'd have to pick the Mt. Doom sequence; Frodo collapsing in exhaustion, Sam cradling him, then lifting him to his shoulders.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 05:49
I can think of two 'most beautiful moments' from the LotR. In the Two Towers, when Gandalf appears at the battle of Helm's Deep and charges down the mountain with the Riders of the Rohirrim as the sun rises. And the scene in RotK where Arwen sees the vision of her son.

I think my favorite thing about the movies is how we get to actually see Middle Earth, instead of only imagine it! So memorable moments are always, for me, like the part when Gandalf and Pippin ride to Minas Tirith and the entire city suddenly appears straight ahead, just as Tolkien describes it in the book!
arwen-evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 07:59
Some of my favorite moments in the trilogy would probably be...

Well, in FOTR i just love the opening scenes with the voiceover with Galadriel...
I also like when Arwen comes riding and Frodo sees her in the beautiful dress
there are many moments ofcourse in all of them...for example there is the lightening of the beacons (a beatiful scene), the death scene for Haldir, the deathscene of Boromir, Aragorns coronation, when Faramir rides out and Pippin sings, Aragorn and Arwen on the bridge in Rivendell, Pippin and Merry running in to battle in ROTK, the destruction of the Ring, when everybody bows for the hobbits...and ofcourse many more...
It's almost hard to remember all of them, since there are so many of them...

Strider8
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 02:56
I think the most beautiful part in the whole trilogy is when the Rohirrim come to the Pelennor Fields, with Theoden's speech and their attack. All this army riding into battle, with that awesome music... I love it. The Rohirrim show all their courage.
I also love the lighting of the beacons, and Sauron's destruction. This is for me the end of everything, the Quest is finally over. It's sad, but it's so beautiful...
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 01:31
Ack I can't choose!

I would have to say any powerful moments that just let your emotions flow from your heart.

I love it when the Rohirrim come to Pelennor Fields. It gives me actual shivers every time I see it, because of all of their strength and power they seem to have.

I also love it when Aragorn is asking the King of the Dead to join the fight. When he's like, "You will suffer me."

When Frodo finally destroys the ring... basically that whole part.

When the army marches to the black gate, because they know in their hearts that there will be no victory, but they do it for everything they "hold dear on this good earth." which also leads me to Aragorn's speech.

I cry whenever I see Aragorn and Arwen reunited. :love:

And many more that I can't think of at the moment.
rubelyan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 09:34
Mostly I think the most beautiful moment is when Frodo is getting on the ships to sail to the Undying Lands and he turns around and smiles. He looks so peaceful and sad and happy...all at once.
Also when Sam says " I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you" and when he makes the whole speech in Osgiliath, and the one about their part in 'the story.'
And Aragorn's 'I bid you stand, men of the west!!' speech, but that was beautiful in a different way.
HaldrimorCelebedhel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 12:12
Mine is completely crazy. I absolutely love the part on the beacons of Gondor. When the camera goes over the first mountain with the Gondor theme playing, I seriously get goosebumps. It's absolutely amazing.
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 02:09
When Sam comes home to his family
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 07:32
Awwww.......Yeah, that part is so cute, especially little Elanor and Rosie. It always makes me feel fuzzy!
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 06:08
I love the music there.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 05:07
Yeah...It was right near the end of the movie when I decided, "I have to get that soundtrack!"
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 09:53
The LOTR soundtracks are awesome! Howard Shore is brilliant!
Argonath
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 01:43
Some other moments that stand out for me, besides a number which have already been mentioned:

Elrond's little, happy smile when Arwen and Aragorn kiss at the coronation. As it builds on his earlier attempts to make Arwen take the ship to Valinor and his deep sorrow in losing his own daughter it is really touching to me. He is able to be honestly happy for her even when that happiness is what is causing his own grief.

Boromir's words to Frodo on the flet in Lothlorien as the Fellowship is seeking permission to enter the land. "Gandalf's death was not in vain. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead." In a very lonely moment for Frodo, Boromir shows his empathy, his caring and his love and protectiveness of the hobbits. It also makes his later fall all the more tragic, and ultimately his repentance far stronger.

Eomer's desperate grief when seeing Eowyn at Pelennor thinking she is dead. Nicely built from his speech to her at Dunharrow about war being the province of men, knowing that she wanted to go to war, not wanting to risk losing his sister.

More of a visually beautiful moment. As the Ring has fallen with Gollum into the Fire and Frodo hangs on with his unscathed hand. The Ring rests on a piece of lava crust before submerging. Two things. Sam's "Don't you let go!", a nice reversed reminder also from one of the last scenes in FOTR as Frodo grabs hold of a drowning Sam, keeping him from letting go. Second, it also one last time brings home the evil and independent will of the Ring. As the scene is shot, the thing that finally makes the Ring go into the lava is Frodo taking Sam's hand, deciding that his love and friendship to Sam is greater than his desire for the Ring. True Good finally overcoming true Evil.
orlandos_precious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 07:09
i Like the part at the harbor when Frodo turns around and smiles!! It's looks so nice...
Lorinwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 08:17
for me it would be after Eowyn has defeated he witchking and she's talking to Theoden, that makes me cry every time
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 08:58
Boromir's words to Frodo on the flet in Lothlorien as the Fellowship is seeking permission to enter the land. "Gandalf's death was not in vain. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead." In a very lonely moment for Frodo, Boromir shows his empathy, his caring and his love and protectiveness of the hobbits. It also makes his later fall all the more tragic, and ultimately his repentance far stronger.

Beautifully said, I couldn't agree more.
Elvish4ever97
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 12:06
A) When Frodo turns and stares at you for a full three seconds before a tear rolls down his cheek after the come out of they mines. *so beautiful*

B)The Boromir death scene...'nough said.

C)When Frodo says "I'm glad to be with you Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things..."

D)The look on everyones faces after the ring is destroyed.

E)The look on Gandalfs face when he realizes that Frodo has died after the moment above.

F)When Aragorn and Arwen finally see eachother again at the end of ROTK

G)When you see Elrond whisper "go to him" to Arwen you realize he finally let her go...but that's just me

smileys for B) :cry: D) :disco: E):cry: et: F):love: :love: :heart: :heart:

[Edited on 29/6/2005 by Elvish4ever97]
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 08:06
Mine is completely crazy. I absolutely love the part on the beacons of Gondor. When the camera goes over the first mountain with the Gondor theme playing, I seriously get goosebumps. It's absolutely amazing.

It's not crazy; it's brilliant!! I was trying to swallow up the whole aspect of how gigantic and beautiful New Zealand really is. I had seen pictures of the place before the LOTR films even came out, and I thought it was the most spectacular continent I had ever seen. I still stare at the screen with my mouth open whenver the "Lighting of the Beacons" part plays on screen.
~LadyofMirkwood~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 09:44
I love the lighting of the beacons, along with the coronation of Aragorn, and when Frodo leaves. In the TT it probably Sam's speech which just gives me goose bumps.... But for the Fellowship it would probably be when Frodo and Sam leave for Mordor. Oh and when Boromir dies is such a meaningful moment...... Ah. those movies are just wonderful!!!!!
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 11:47
I agree LadyofMirkwood. The movies are wonderful.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email