Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The most beautiful moment of The Trilogy
on: July 22, 2005 03:16
I think all 3 movies had beautiful moments. I can't pick one.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 06:09
Yeah, last night my sister and I were talking about grat moments in the trilogy and there were alot of them!
punk_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2005 02:17
"Don't go where I can't follow." -Sam

I cry everytime I watch or read that. Sometimes even when I just think about it. I also like the part where Frodo leaves for Valinor. Also a cry moment.
Beriedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 07:32
I must say visually the Grey Havens and seeing the ship sail into the sunlight.

Emotionally, the looks on Aragorn and Gandalf's faces when they see that Éowyn is "dead." I also love when Éowyn finds her, and when Faramir comforts her. Basically, everything from the HoH and the Captian and the White Lady...
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 11:33
There are so many beautiful scenes in these movies, it's hard to pick one.

1. I love the love scene, in FOTR, with Arwen and Aragorn.

2. The charge of the Rohirrim to Helms Deep.

3. The crowning of Aragorn, and the arrival of Arwen at Gondor.

These are just a few of the beautiful moments in the trilogy.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 05:38
Oh boy.......
1. All the speeches: Sam's in Osgilath, Gandalf's in Moria and Aragorn's at the Black Gate.
2.The relationship between Aragorn and Arwen, plus Arwen's vision.
3. The battles
4. Lets just say the entire trilogy!
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 06:42

4. Lets just say the entire trilogy!

I agree! The whole trilogy is awesome!
Princess_Sailasiri
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 09:56
I agree! The whole trilogy is awesome!

Seriously. There are so many beautiful moments. If I had to pick one I'd say when Sam carrys Frodo up Mt. Doom.
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 01:09
I have a lot of favorites that I consider beautiful, both visually and emotionally:

- Gandalf hearing the sound of the horn blowing, and the Rohirrim cresting the hill
- the end of FotR where Frodo says "I'm glad you're with me, Samwise Gamgee."
- the crying scene after Gandalf falls -- that made me cry the first few times I saw it, which is rare.
- the coronation scene. Just beautiful.
- Frodo standing beside Mt. Doom, saying "It's gone, it's done."
- Frodo's beatific smile as he's sailing into the West.
- and many more

But probably my all time favorite is the Last March of the Ents. Treebeard's shock as he surveys what's left of the forest before him, his cry to the other Ents, and then the lines he speaks as the Ents are marching forward while that absolutely wonderful music plays -- it's very emotional for me, and stunningly beautiful. I've seen all the movies more times than I can count now, and scenes that held a lot of power for me in the past don't really do much for me anymore But this scene is still powerful...

[Edited on 7/8/2005 by Rivka]
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
jen_banwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 04:52
hi everybody!
o.k, there are many beautiful moments in the trilogy, but I have chosen three:

1.when Gandalf, frodo and Sam arrive to Rivendel.wow!. it was like being into a real paradise!.:love:

2.when arwen appeared in aragon's dream. it was so lovely!:heart:

3.when aragon is crowned as king of gondor.:cry:

well, that was my opinion about this topic (i think it's a good one) so i hope to participate more in this forum farewell.
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 09:50
I think that most beautiful moment was when Aragorn and Arwen get married. It was so beautiful. But I think the whole trilogy was amazing.
Image Image Image
~hobbitgirl~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2005 09:42
Ok mine is... "...here at the end of all things" So beautiful and heart-breaking...
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 04:18
I always thought the lighting of the beacons was a really touching scene. And I also really liked at the coronation when you see Arwen. I pretty much despised her for most of the movies because of how much her part deviated from the books, but I thought that last scene was perfect.
DEathByaFoRK
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 04:32
The most beautiful scene for me?

When Theoden dies. Odd, I know.
But its because I live with my uncle and I am very close to him. I even call him Theoden and he calls me Eowyn .
but anyways, I like that scene because of how close they are....you really see how much they care for each other. Theoden has been her provider and father for all those years, and she hated to see him go. And he wanted so much for her to just be happy and live....Now my thoughts are all jumbled on this....

Another scene I like is when Aragorn is crowned (who doesnt) because its the culmination of pretty much everything. It's the start of a new era of light and peace, compared to the dark and war of previous. It's also him and his acceptance of his destiny and the belief that he can make things right and good again.

I like the part when Pippin and Gandalf are sitting there preparing for the troll to break through in Minas Tirith, and Pippin questions if its the end.
Gandalfs description and the comfort and hope he gives Pippin means something to me.
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 02:25
The most touching scenes are:

1) when Eomer sees Eowyn in the peleanor fields and he lets it all out... i cry every time. (Extended Edition):cry:

2) when Frodo turns around and smiles before he goes off to the Grey Havens. (Again... more crying)

3) Theoden's speech.(tearing up)

4) Argh... the whole trilogy was magnificent. :cry:

[Edited on 28/12/2005 by asleepingvision]
Lady~Julie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 03:14
I think the most beautiful moment is definitely when Frodo and Sam are on Mount Doom at the end of ROTK and Frodo says, "I'm glad you're with me Sam." It makes me cry just thinking about it. :cry: Another part that is so sweet is in Two Towers, when Frodo says calls Sam "Samwise the Brave" and says that he wouldn't have gotten very far without him. It's so touching. The dream sequence where Arwen comes to Aragorn is very beautiful too. Aww... sniffle! :heart:

[Edited on 29/8/2005 by Lady~Julie]

Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 09:07
FOTR: When Boromir dies (the slo-mo and the music), so beautiful. I just LOVE that scene (I want to cry but i can't in front of my three brothers, just not right), and when Sam seems to be drowning and looks at the sun filtering through the water.
TTT: March of the Ents, Sam's speech @ the end, Helm's deep when thousands of horses plunge into the Uruks and the sun blinds them and they are vanquished (yay!), and the scene where Theoden is visiting his son's grave.
ROTK: Aragorn's coronation, Pellanor Fields (the initial charge and also when Eomer sees Eowyn on the fields and screams, that scared the heck out of me when I first saw it), Houses of Healing, when Pippin asks Gandalf if it's the end and he tells him about the Undying lands, so sweet; when the beacons are lit, and when Frodo smiles before getting on the ship (he has a sweet smile, should do it more often), and that's all I can think of.

eorlingas42
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 10:07
My favorite part from the fellowship is..... let's see..... when arwen and frodo are running from the nazgul. the flight to the ford, that whole bit. in the two towers i love that bit where eowyn is standign outside the golden hall and you can see all the land around edoras, it's a beautiful shot. i also love that one where arwen and the other elves are leaving rivindell, and you see all of them srossing that bridge with the lantersn. that was cool. and definitely the sun-blindey thing at helm's deep. in ROTK i have one favorite - the rohirrim charge at pelennor (or is it pellenor? i can't spell to save my life) fields. that scene with the sun rising behind them, and theoden's speech, and the music (which they left out of the soundtrack. curse them) and.... god, it's beautiful. and this whould be where my friends would tell me to get another hobby. fat chance!
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 01:45
I'll try to narrow it down to 3...

1. "My friends, you bow to no-one". I get goosebumps typing it.
2. The lighting of the Beacons.
3. "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"

What makes these (and many others) so powerful is Howard Shore's music. In particular when Sam picks up Frodo and we hear a dramatic version of Into The West.

OK, one more, a bit different in that it's beautiful in its simplicity & effectiveness... when Bilbo drops The Ring on the floor in Bag End. A ring that size should bounce around a bit when it's dropped on stone but the fact it just stopped dead made it REALLY clear this was something out of the ordinary.

[Edited on 25/10/2005 by Grey_Pilgrim]
Evenstar1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 06:49
I agree that I think the scene where Pippin sings 'All Shall Fade' is quite beautiful, but it is so hard to pick just one because there are several in each movie.

I think the end when the ship sales to the Grey Havens, carrying the last of the travelers is very beautiful, but sad. It makes you sad that the movies are over.
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 02:45
The most beautiful moment in my opnion is when Frodo says to Sam:
"I'm glad you're here with me Samwise Gamgee. Here at the end of all things."

Everytime I watch that scene I just lose it...

arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 08:09
I'm gonna have to go with:

~When Aragorn and Arwen are finally together again at the end of ROTK *sniff* So beautiful! And being a big fan of both Arwen and Aragorn it was "doubly" good for me.

~When Sam is trying to keep talking to Frodo at the end of ROTK, about strawberries and the Shire

~Also Gollum's Song at the end of TT is amazing. So bone chilling and beautiful

~Into the West. The lyrics, the voice, the way it was sung....so beautiful

~When Aragorn tells Eowyn that he cannot give her what he seeks. The look on her face. It was just sooo sad...but still good...

~When Eowyn was at the window and she looked at Faramir for the first time. And then when you come back to them after that....awww she found love... :love: :love: :love:

~When Eomer runs up to Eowyn when he sees her lying on the battlefield :cry:

~The Houses of Healing. I really like the acting during that particular scene. Also the expressions on their face and the way the scene was cut together was amazing. The addition of the song, sung by Liv Tyler also made it very beautiful. She has a great voice I think!

On the whole I thinkt the endings for all of the movies were very moving and beautiful. But ROTK in particular, just because it was the end. You had to go home after the movie knowing that is the end. No more....

*runs out of the room crying slightly*

Namarie,
~Arwen
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 06:30
Liv Tyler sang in The Houses of Healing? I never knew that! I agree, she does have a beautiful voice!
pippin_lovin_fool
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 08:29
Yeah.....i recently found that out. Well, she had to get something from her rockstar father.....

O.K.....most moving, beautiful moments in the trilogy:
~The entire end of FotR, when the Fellowship decides to carry on despite all that has happened....and then wittle Sam and Frodo begining their solo journey. (i think the main reason i absolutely LOVED that movie was Enya's song at the end....saddening and haunting.)

~ Of course, the moving 'Frodo and Sam in the boat' moment.....i still cry...

~Sam's speech at the end of TTT, about all the people who had the chance to turn back, only they didnt. The way the edited it with the action in the film was really astounding...and Sean Astin just has that way about him that makes you wanna bawl at every little sentimental thing he says...

~I LOVED Pippin's song.......its just really moving for some reason

~ During the battle of Pellenor, (i'm not sure if this is on the EE or both.....i've watched it so many times, its hard to be sure...) when Pippin and Gandalf are inside the walls of Minas Tirith, on the other side of that gate the troll is trying to get through. Pippin says "I didnt think it would end this way." and then Gandalf explains that death is just another path. Between huggable Billy, Ian's soft eyes and voice, the background music and all the emotion of the moment in the movie......i cried.

~ On mount Doom, the parts on the side, the infamous "But i can carry you!" scene, inside, after Gollum falls in and Sam wont let Frodo go, even though you can see he wants to, then toward the end, when they are remembering the Shire and Frodo says "I'm glad your here." yeah....i cried.

~At the end, in Minas Tirith, when all the people were bowing to the hobbits, and then theres that close up shot......again, sniffles...

~The most tear-jerking, heart-string pulling moment of the trilogy is when Frodo has to leave and say goodbye to all the hobbits. Then, when he is on the boat and he gives that smile. That last shot of the ship on the horizon......full-on tears at this point.

~And i absolutley loved the end, when they ended the movie with the final line of the book. Sam says "well, i'm back." and goes in the hole.......there was not a dry eye in the house..

Well, there is my long, haphazard list of moving moments...

snoopy_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 02:51
It is tough.

When the Rohirrim charge at Helm's Deep and at Pelanor Fields. Or the last charge of Gondor towards Osgilith. Or the very end of ROTK...

Thing is I could go on forever. I just need to think of the moments where I got goosebumps during each movie.
Cloveress
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 05:57
There was a scene when frodo is on the bed and merry and pippin are tickling him. The other members of the fellowship are standing by and smiling, and then Sam just comes in the door quietly and smiles at Frodo. That smile was soooo touching!
Turwaithiel_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 07:29
FOTR-
When fellowship leave Rivendell.
When Gandalf falls - look on Frodos face when they get out (wow, you can almost feel his grief)
When frodo leaves and Aragorn decides to go after Merry & Pippin.
Aragorn & Arwen on the bridge.

TTT-
Last march of the ents.
Elrond & Arwen - " ...as nightfall in winter that comes without a star..."
Aragorn says "Ride out with me..."

ROTK-
Arwen "There is no ship now that can bear me hence"
Aragorn "I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me..."
Theoden "Arise riders of Theoden..."
Corrination
Grey havens

[Edited on 1/11/2005 by Turwaithiel_Melannen]
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2005 03:07
the whole coronation scene is beautiful in every way, in particular the "my friends, you bow to noone" scene *sniff*, also the lighting of the beacons is very beautiful, and the charge of the Rohirrim in both TTT and ROTK, just...my GOD! I'm getting chills just remembering about it
Calaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2005 02:27
The whole film was absolutely fabulous, but these are the scenes I enjoyed the most:

1. Sam carrying Frodo to Orodruin. :cry:
2. The parting at the Grey Havens. Image
3. The arrival of the Rohirrim to Minas Tirith.
4. The breaking of the Fellowship.
5. Gandalf's mobilization of Gondor's armies.
6. The kindling of the beacons. Image
7. Frodo - Galadriel scene in Cirith Ungol :love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email