Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Five Races
on: February 21, 2004 08:08
Finally he noticed me, the strange girl thought.

"If you don't mind, I've been looking into your soul. I know that you have lost someone close to you before."

Ignoring the strange look the danpyr are giving her, she takes out one of her dolls with a heart.

"These are special dolls and puppets. They were made by my people and we can put the hearts of the dead into these dolls. I don't have a Danpyr doll or puppet, so if you would let me, I can put your sibling's heart into this one *she heald up a heartless doll*"

This girl is used to getting strange looks from people, but this race was strange to her, and she wasn't sure if she was angering them, frightning them, or if she was ding anything to them. Despite this, she remained calm. She has done this before, and has quite a little collection in her bag she's carrying with her.

(I'll think of a name for her and get her profile in the database)

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by Arokh]

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by eldir]
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 04:44
She turned around and smiled a little when he mentioned her dancing. She looked at him as he stood there, tall and handsome no doubt, but also a little shy. It made her smile even more as she spoke.
"Ah...I see. Well if you wish to learn more about the trinket...Then I guess I shall have to go along on this little quest seeing as it is in my possesion. Besides, I would love to meet that compelling young Danpyr...." She laughed a little as his body stiffened and went rigid for a moment. "Who was looking for this little stone. And about my dancing...you mean this?" She grabbed the hem of skirt, did a little shuffle step, spun around, the bent at the waist and brought her hand down to the ground (as if she was bowing) all in one swift, graceful movement. Coming back up she poked him in the chest lightly. "Your not the only one." With a quick wink she ran off back into the inn.
Rushing through the door she ran smack into a little girl who was holding a doll out to none other than the danpyr. As she helped the little gilr up there was a strange prickle on her skin. Not human... She thought. "Are you okay?" She asked the girl, who in response nodded.
Then she looked to the Danpyr and nodded quickly in apology. "I'm sorry I interrupted, let me just move out of your way." She pushed past them, and as she did she sent a telepathic message to the male danpyr.
"I think I have something you may want....or at least want to discuss. Kinda looks like a rune?" Giving one last glance back, her emerald eyes catching his before he looked back to carry on his talk with the strange little girl, she picked her apron up off a chair and ran over to the counter and picked up a few drinks and headed back to work.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 06:48
Arthelmein stood outside for a few moments longer, amused by Tally's behavior. She seemed to be a strong willed girl, and he was guessing that her actions were her way of telling him that he wasn't going to go along with everything just because he had asked her to. ~Well, it is a step in the right direction,~ he thought, ~that she is agreeing to come with me and at least try and find out more about the Danpyr, even though I don't really know why...~It seemed to him that she was indeed a very unusual girl, in that most non-elven people that he had met, especially women, when they saw something strange or unusual, just wanted to rid themselves of the matter immediately. And he had managed to find yet another quality he admired in the fairy girl.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 01:44
Len froze at the strange girls proposal. In his heart her yearned to hear Andrisea's voice again,by on the flip side he wasn't sure he could face her after what has happened or if he could trust this strange girl.
As he thought about it a telepathic message came to him.
'I have something you might want...kinda like a rune?' the voice said and as hecaught the fairys eyes he knew it was her.
'Very well,when can I see you again,to speak of of this rune.' he sent back to her an excitement in his voice.
"Little girl,will you give me a moment to think about your proposal? I'll be back Maringa." Len get up and leaves the building.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 03:11
As Len came outside, Arthelmein recognized that he was a little shaken and figured Tally had tipped him off. Thinking that it might be a good time to start a discussion with him, he walked up to him and said, "Yes, the fairy girl has the token. I told her it was yours, and she might be willing to give it back or tell you where it is, but we both want to know more about it. And, we would like to accompany you on your journey, for I know you have a quest to complete. This token of yours, or one of them is tied to my destiny as well, and i want to find out as much as I can about it and about your race. I have no quest right now, and i need activity." Seeing that the Danpyr looked reluctant to take a foreigner on his quest Arthelmein sighed and walked away, "All right then, no deal he called back over his shoulder."

"Wait" called out the Danpyr, and Arthelmein turned around and slowly came back. "So what do you think?" he asked.

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by CarolP]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 06:05
" All I can tell you now is that this token is a very powerful magical item,if used properly, if I don't get it back an evil will desend upon all who have been in contact with it.
This quest you speak of is not mine,if you wish to help ask the woman I've been speaking with. Don't doublecross me,I'll be generous,heres a little incentive to return it to me." he said calming down out of his fright and dropping a few gold coins into the elf hand.
"As for learning more about me and my kin." he said walking off into the night." It is best not to know about us, what I'm allowed to tell you could get you killed for it."
Lens heart ached,the love he felt for Maringa pounded away in his heart,He'd never felt this way about anyone before. It was a strange emotion for him,something between the brotherly love he had for his sister and the unrelenting thirst for blood shared by all Danpyr. When he got far enough away from the elf and the fairy Len broke down into tears,the blood tinted drops staining his cheeks.
'If I let the girl have Andresea's heart,will I be able to speak to her again and would she be trapped there permenently?' Len thought. He sat down to think some more.
'I'll ask her about it further,now what to do about Maringa?' Len started to use his special gift,something only his sister knew about. A single rose appeared in his hand,the stem as green as the spring grass, without any thorns. The petals were pure white,but not for long. This flower would be the visual representation of his love for Maringa,he had to get it right. Len pricks his finger with the tip of his dagger,leting a single drop of ruby red blood hit the bud. The white was suddenly stained a deep red.
"Too dark." he muttered to himself willing the hue to become lighter til it was somewhere between pink and burgandy.
'Now for the fragrence,something sweet but not overpowering.' he thought,the flower obeying his will.
'The color of my love and the fragrence of it too,perfect.' the flower flickered away into the night,but he still remembered exactly how to create it.
Len walked back into to the inn,the girl was still there.
"I've not yet made my desision,can you explain some of the details later,I need to talk with the lady privately."
"Ok." the girl leaves and Len sits down facing Maringa.
Taking her hand and holding it lightly the red flower appears.
"Maringa,I have something I need to tell you,I've thought long and hard and come to this conclusion." He said softly leaning closer till he was only inches from her face. With his other hand he gentlely touched her chin,turning to see her closer. His soft lips close gentlely over hers as he whispers something to her telepathiclly.
'I've fallen in love with you Maringa.'
He wanted to hold her in his embrace forever but let go,caressing her cheek with his delicate fingers. Len backs away his eyes softly glowing and waited for Maringa's reaction.

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by LadyElrinda]
MasterBlondi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 06:40
Kashira was intrigued by the little girl who was offering a doll to one of the danpyr. Sharing was somewhat normal for some children, but there was something strage about the exchange. Perhaps for once she could interact with those she was observing, it couldn't hurt could it? She walked up to the strange child and got the sense that she wasn't necessarily human. It was a little unnerving, but oh well. "Hello little one," Kashira said to the child. "What have you been doing today?"
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 11:54
Following Len into the Inn, Arthelmein tapped him on the shoulder, sorry to interupt, and gave him his token. "Here you are, and I hope you use it well." Arthelmein had decided to throw away his old life and start anew. Walking out the door with only the few coins from Len in his pocket, he walked off into the mist outside the town to who knows where, looking for his future.

(ooc: sry guys i have to stop this now, cutting back because i am getting a job. Had fun. cya all around)
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 04:02
After talking with Len, Tally wasn't quite sure what to do about the trinket. She wanted to give it back, cause its not like her wish in life was to be descened upon by evil. Especilly if all she'd done was pick it up in order to keep it from being tossed away in the trash. Then again, is she handed it over, the danpyr wouldn't ever think of her again, and by tellin her nto to be interested, all he'd done was spark the intrest even further. It wasn't like she'd never had a brush with evil...yah that part od her life had definatly happened.

Her thought soon ceased for a bit as,Tally had been rushing around in a swirl of skirt and sparkle taking orders, bringing orders once again.. She hurried over, a glass of some mixture or other in her hand to the table in which a young elf girl had been only seconds before. She left the drink next to a paper filled with scribbled notes, and looked around the inn. The elf was talking to the strange little girl. Good. She thought. At least she didn't leave without paying.

Tally turned around and headed to a tabel near the back, in the shadows, where a drunken old man was waving in her direction, as she did she caught Arthelmein's cloak sweeping out the door. She rushed over and watched him walk off into the mist, disappearing in it as ifhe had become part of it.
Not even a good-bye... She thought, but with a sigh, she let it go. Tally could never let herself get attached. People passed through here, always coming and going. They would all smile and treat her with compliment and gestures, but none of them lasted. He was just the same.

With a smile she swiftly head back into the inn, and returned to her druken customer. She passed Maringa and Len, who looked quite cozy for creatures of the night. S smile came to lips as she passed them, and with a quick wave of her wrist two roses of a perfect red color sprung up from the center of the table, and starting from the inside out a glisting silver vine grew, interwining itself around the petals, leaves, and stems of the two flowers. The roses were a rare gift among her people, usually symbolizing good fortune as well as life in a general. It had been so long since Tally had had a reason to play around with her magic, she figured it wouldn't do any harm.

She headed back to the counter to pick up a pint of ale, and as she did her mind drifted to the little stone trinket that rested in her pouch.
Olfannor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 01:49
((Hey, hope you don't mind me joining! My character is a human, but since he is one of the Grand Druids, he is immortal and wields great magic))

"Excuse me, miss...A pint please."
Tally turned to see an old man with dark skin and silverwhite hair sitting by the bar. She had'nt noticed him coming in, but she was'nt suprised. After all, there where magic out there...

As she gave him his ale, he introduced himself:
"I am Olfannor, Druid of the Forest! Nice to meet a working witch! Most of your kind just go around letting magic do everything for you...until the mortals see you that is, and you get burned!" He smiled and chuckled, sipping on his ale.

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 05:57
The little girl, Carrie, Looked a little inot Kasira's soul before responding.
"I've just been playing with my dolls. I might get a Danpyr doll today."
Carrie thought that it was a little strange for someone to just start talking to her. Usually, people are a little frightened of her. Is it because of her dolls? She knew that this person didn't want to hurt her though, so it was ok to talk to her.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 06:18
(ooc: Eesh! Too much! I haven't been able to get on in a while!)

Maringa was shocked. Not a bad shocked, but she just couldn't believe what Len had said. She blushed, and whispered, "Len... I... I love you, too." Smiling, she hugged him and kissed the side of his neck. "I love you, too..."
She accepted the flower from him. "This is one of the sweetest things someone has given me, if not the sweetest." She looked at the Danpyr prince with warm eyes and kissed him again, this time on the lips. she thought to herself.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by Nostawen~the~archer~girl]
MasterBlondi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 06:28
Kashira was a little confused by what the little girl said. A danpyr doll? She didn't know of anyone who made those. She sat down at the table across from Carrie, brushed at her grey traveling skirt and prepared to ask a few more questions. "Where would you get a danpyr doll?"
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 03:04
Tally laughed as she handed him his ale, the sound was rich with joy.
"Yes, I know what you mean. So many of the magical ones do nothing but magic giving those of us who work hard a bad reputation. Still I love working, it part of life...which is a gift, just like my magic. So what brings such a high power from the forest to our gracious inn." As she said that she executed an exaggerated bow, sweeping her hand around her and then to the floor. Tally came up grinning. Suddenly a girl called to her from a tabel, requesting some more tea.
"Ah...duty calls my friend. Give me a moment and I will be back so we can talk some more." She winked and ran off behind the counter to make some tea.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by eldir]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 02:46
"I love you too.." Maringa's words filled Lens heart with happiness.
"Maringa darling,my angel of the night,can you tell me a little more about yourself?" Len said romaticly after their kiss.
'She loves me,for once something in my life hasn't gone wrong.' he thought kissing her gentle hand.

[Edited on 29/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 03:38
should I tell her or not? She might know where others like me are, I should tell her.
Carrie thought about it, then answered.

"All I need is a danpyr heart to go into my doll. I have dolls of other kinds of people, even a fairy one, but I don't have a danpyr doll yet. Want to see my collection?"
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 02:20
Maringa was still blushing as she began to talk. "Well, as I'm sure you can guess, I'm part of the Sathuna Clan. My mother was lucky enough to have the clan leader as a brother, and healer was her older sister." She paused, looking into Len's almost huney colored eyes. "I even got a chance to learn some healing. I mean, with energy, not just herbs and stuff. Aunt Liosa said I have a lot of potential..." She trailed off, blushing. She felt like she was bragging. Maringa looked at her beloved prince to see if she could go on, if only out of a kind of instinct.
MasterBlondi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 06:09
Kashira couldn't believe what she heard. This young girl put hearts in dolls. It sounded familiar to her, she'd probably read somewhere about, but where? Either way, this was facinating. "I'd love to see your dolls!"

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by ithillinde]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 10:19
"Something wrong Maringa? or do you hesitate to continue? Your family sounds worderful." Len said entranced by Maringa's tale. He figured she was of the Sathura clan from the moment she teleported,but daughter of the clan leader,that was unexpected.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 03:18
Maringa continued, "I also had a younger brother, Solaith. He is the one I'm looking for. When we were much younger, he was kid-napped by Slayers, but I feel he is still alive... But, I feel it may be better that he is dead than if they turned him against his kin." She sighed. She hated Slayers, at least ones that hunted Danpyr. Slayers were always humans or elves hunting demons, werewolves, Danpyr and their distant cousins, the true vampires, though not all saw Danpyr as evil. Still, Maringa had never met a Slayer she had liked straight off.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 10:19
'Slayers.' len thought to himself quietly. They had to find Maringa's brother as soon as possible. Len knew what a slayer could do,he would always bear the scars he got from his last encounter with a group of slayers. He was lucky to even be alive.
"Maringa,I promise that I will find your brother and free him from the slayers,by my life or death I swear,Solaith will walk free again. The sooner we find him the better, my charm bracelet wil help." He said to her. Then reatching into his pocket he pulled out the black stone the elf had given back to him,but it was different. It wasn't the stone that belonged with his heirloom,similar,but not strong enough for a trace spell.
"This isn't the right stone,I think that elf ment well,the fairy girl must have it." Len calls Tally over.
"I will pay you handsomely for the stone you have,name your price,or face eternal damnation under its curse." he whispered to her.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 02:42
Alix walked into the town. It had started to rain, it was very late, and he was exhasted. As he saw a bar that was still open, and he figured it would also be an inn with warm rooms, he quickened his pace. He was slightly taller than most human guys, with almost-white blond hair, and a bit of a tan. His eyes were a bright blue.
When he got inside, he asked the bartender if it WAS in fact an inn, and if he could stay. Luckily for him, there were a few rooms left. He went up to his and colasped into his bed, not even bothering to take off the pure white clothing he wore.
(Alix will defenitely be important later, so I wanted to take the time to introduce him here.)
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 04:17
Carrie started taking her dolls out of her bag and setting them on the table gently. The dolls looked like ordinary dolls, but people could always tell that they're special.

"I can't remember all of their names, but these two are elves"
she pointed to two skinny dolls with pointed ears.
"These are humans."
next to the elven dolls were a few human-looking dolls.
"This is the only fairy I have."
in the middle of her pile was a dool with light green fairy wings.
"And these are my parents, this one's my daddy and this one's my mommy."

She heald up two dolls. Her "dad" had short black hair and green eyes, and her "mom" had long blond hair and blue eyes. By looking at the dolls, some can tell that Carrie looks a lot like her father, but she has her mothers eyes.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 04:10
Tally walked over to Len and he whispered
"I will pay you handsomely for the stone you have,name your price,or face eternal damnation under its curse."
She smiled and pulled the stone out of her pocket, but kept her hand closed around so he couldn't take it from her.
"I'm working right now, wait til after my shift and then we can work something out."
As put it bcak in her little hip pouch and marched of. As she did, a man in all white pushed past her in a hurry to find a room. There were little electrical sparky shocks left on her skin after he treated up the stairs. Tally just sighed and began rushing around serving drinks and sending the drunk away.
Olfannor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 09:49
Olfannir smiled to himself as the girl took of to serve the tea, clean tables or whatever she was about to do...

He was suprised and amused over her enthusiasm and respect she showed him. But there was something else about this fairy girl that took his attention away from he beer for a second (that happened very rarely). She, or something she carried, glowed with bad energy. It could'nt be her, couse if it was, he would not accept the beer she gave him. Nor stay in the taverna for very long...several decades on the road had given him a good eye for who was good or evil.

Turned to face the tables, and saw her talking to a danpyr. She hold the "something" in her hand, showing it to the danpyr. Some kind of elven or fairian craft, it seemed, or maybe....no, it could not be! The little he saw of the pattern thru her fingers, looked just like Schog-runes, the ancient alphabeth of the Druids. But not even the druids had used those anywhere in centuries. He had to see this stone.

The fairy left the danpyr, and continued working.

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 06:03
As Kashira was staring at the dolls Carrie knew that this woman was amazed by her power. She heard her father talking to her, but only she can hear the dolls, so she spoke with him telepathically.
'Carrie. You want to find our village, right?'
'Yes, but how can she help us?'
'I don't know honey, but she doesn't seem unfriendly. Why don't you ask her if she knows anything about it?'
'Ok'

Carrie followed her fathers advice.

"There are other people that have dolls like these. My daddy said that there was a village full of them, but I've been trying to find it for a long time and I've never seen it. Would you know where it is?"

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by ithillinde]
MasterBlondi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 07:17
Kashira was kind of shocked at first. She'd read somewhere about people like Carrie, in fact she might have one of those books in her room. "I don't know off the top of my head where it is, but I might have a book that can help I'll be right back." With that Kashira dashed up to her room and began rummaging through a leather saddlebag. She was able to locate three books that her uncle had carefully selected to help her in learning about the races of the world and ran back down to sit next to Carrie and begin a careful search of each book.

[Edited on 16/3/2004 by CarolP]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 04:55
Maringa was getting tired, and it was almost sun up anyway. She mentally trailed off as she left. She wasn't quite sure now how Lenelion would take her comment, and was feeling embarrassed now.

[Edited on 23/3/2004 by CarolP]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 12:24
'If you wish,my darling,I just might.' he replied following her . Len suddenly remembered he had to get the stone back from that fairy and talk to that little girl.
" And I would now only I have to get my stone back from that fairy,won't be but a moment, if you don't mind waiting for me?" He said with a smile as he kissed her neck softly.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 02:25
Maringa started for a room. She looked back at Len every few seconds, smiling. she mused to herself.
A strange but vague sence of danger came over her as she passed Alix's room. She ignored this and went on. She still held the rose Len had given her. As she entered her room for the day, she placed it on the bedstand. She thought while looking at the flower.
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 03:03
Tally sighed as she took off her apron. Almost morning, her shift was over. Now she could retreat to her little room in the back of the inn and sleep. As she was headed in the direction of the counter so she could the last bit of cleaning, she bumped into Len.
"Oh sorry about that." She smiled and pulled out the stone. She started to turn and remembered that she had his stone. "Oh, wait. Here this is yours." She pulled it out of her pocket and set it in his hand. "Don't bother worrying about paying me. It's rightfully yours. Well good nite, sir. Rest well and maybe I shall see you tomorrow."
Tally slipped around the corner and walked through the kitchen to a little room at the back of the inn. She grabbed a little red book that lay on her bed and climbed out the window and on the roof. She closed her eyes and as the moon began to set, she began to sing. Her rich voice filled the night air with tales of love and stars and magic.
MasterBlondi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 06:41
As Kashira's eyes raced back and forth across page after page she suddenly stopped and slowly read, "Years ago a journal was found about a strange culture that made dolls for the souls of the dead. Much of the journal had been destroyed, but it has been determined that this strange race lives somewhere in the north." Kashira was excited to find the passage she was looking for, but also alittle sad. She had hoped that it would tell her more of what she wanted to know and it didn't. She put the book in front of Carrie. "This is all I've found," she explained.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 01:48
Len took the gem and set it back in its rightful place,the bracelet hummed slightly and accepted the magic back as part of itself.
'Now to find Maringa.' Len thought smiling as he walked over to the desk clerk.
"Excuse me sir,which room is the young lady Danpry staying in?"
" Not supposed to tell."
"Fine,a good man does what his job requires. I thank you for your time."
Len walks down the halls trying to pinpoint where Maringa is. He stops at a door and knocks softly.
"Darling?" he whispers softly in Danypr as she comes to the door.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 03:25
"Melat estin, sweetest," Maringa answered in greeting. She had already removed the cloak she had been wearing earlier, and was wearing a shirt and pants made from a form-fitting but sturdy material called eirel made only by their kind. Though soft and flexible enough to sleep in, it was strong enough to use as a light armor.
As Len stepped inside and took off his own cloak, Maringa sat down on the bed. "Lenel, how about we go hunting tonight if there are no more storms?" Suddenly, she remembered the strange feeling she had earlier. "Wait. Len? Did you sence anything odd coming down the hall? I'm worried. I think there's danger here." Maringa didn't normally show emotions like fear. Only young Danpyr tended to. But it was still obvious she felt something was wrong.

~~~
Even though he was exhasted the night before, Alix was always an early riser. It was probably only 6:30, but he still felt he had slept in a little. As he started to come out of his grogginess, he started to feel an energy he had trained long and hard to know: Danpyr were staying at the same inn, and one was a young female who had gotten away a few times before.
Alix started for the front desk. He wasn't going to frighten the other guests, but he was going to ask the inn keeper if he could search the inn. He might even be wrong about it. No one should know anything if they didn't have to...

('Melat' means well or good, and 'estin' means morning in Danpyr. Or that's what I've decided so far)

[Edited on 30/3/2004 by Nostawen~the~archer~girl]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 08:30
"Well no wonder why I haven't found it yet. I haven't explored much of the north."

Carrie puts her dolls away in her backpack and left the table to try to find the Danpyr. She turns back for a moment.

"Thanks for your help. I might want to read some of those books you have."

Walking down the hall, she finds a strange man going in and out of rooms. She thinks that this man can help her find who she looking for, so she goes up to him.

"Excuse me. Have you seen any Danpyr around here?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email