Register

Author Topic:
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
Post Double - looks like LotR cast members
on: February 25, 2004 11:54
Hi, members!

Fantastic thing happened to me a few days ago. I was hurried to work and on the underground I saw a man who looked like absolutely BILBO!
Just try to imagine it! A short man with curly grey hair and Bilbo-face.

So please, let me know if somebody have met with a double.

Many thanks in advance

Garo arad vaer!

Elfi
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Double - looks like LotR cast members
on: February 25, 2004 02:05
I swear I walked past Aragorn twice last week, I nearly tripped the first time, the second time I decided I needed to get some rest.
Lady_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 11:24
I once saw JRR Tolkien's double in the street. Not exactly a cast member, but still related....

I've stalked two John Noble lookalikes in the past fortnight.
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 05:31
One of my brothers could double for Orlando Bloom. The nose is a little bit different, but I couldn't believe it when I first saw him. Probably why I'm not a screaming, swooning Orlando fan. Not easy to be attracted to someone that looks like an older brother
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 05:45
Weow, ShyHobbit!

Would you be so kind as to introduce your brother for me?

Garo arad vaer!

Elfi
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 05:57
I kept seeing a guy that looked exactly like Bernard Hill while I was skiing, he even had the same nose as him, so for a while I was convinced it was really him. Maybe it was, who knows?

Oh and Shy Hobbit...could you please please set me up with your brother?
losing_her_head
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 01:21
One of my brothers could double for Orlando Bloom. The nose is a little bit different, but I couldn't believe it when I first saw him. Probably why I'm not a screaming, swooning Orlando fan. Not easy to be attracted to someone that looks like an older brother

One of my cousins looks just like Orlando too! Except younger, he's only like 19. But I know what you mean about the whole swooning thing not working because of relatives...
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 02:47
Haha, trust me everyone, you do not want my brother. Unless 30, divorced, unemployed and has a kid that he's left to my parents to raise are qualities you find attractive

There's also a guy we always see at a pizza place that looks like Andy Serkis. Same exact face!
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 02:56
Wow! this is so cool! The only person that I've ever seen that looks like a cast member is a person that lives in Indiana...he's a friend of my friends who live here, and I could have sworn that he looked exactly like Elijah Wood! I mean, the wide jaw, the beautiful VERY blue eyes, and everything! he was just younger than him...*sigh* He had my attention the whole time he was around. I was just like staring the whole time...or trying NOT to stare is more like it!

P.s. My sister says that he doesn't look like Elijah, but DON'T BELIEVE HER!!! She doesn't know what she's talking about.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 03:05
my sis looks like arwen... well... a short arwen, cuz she's about 5'5", but they've got the same hair, and she's so pretty... this is judging from the somewhere between three and four guys she can get to do ne thing she wants just by asking "pretty please"... i.e., if you want proof, she didn't have to lift a hand moving to a new house... eight wannabe boyfriends did it all for her... she also managed to get the room in her new house w/ an attached bathroom with a double size tub, and her roommate is trying to quit smoking per her request... sorta amazing...
and other than that... no, i don't think so... *scans memory*... nope!
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 07:59
Suilad Members!

ShyHobbit, you're right. I don't want to meet with your brother.

Losing-her-head, the age doesn't matter. So.....

Garo arad vaer!

Elfi
ladylirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 04:00
There was a TV movie on Caesar and the entire time I watched it I kept thinking that Brutus was Orlando Bloom even though I knew it couldn't be him. But he really really really looked like him.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 10:29
One of my friends looks like a female version of Elrond. Does that count?
~Sil
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 04:02
Does anyone else think Pippin looks kind of like a younger Eric Idle of Monty Python?
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 05:45
not having seen Monty Python, i can't answer that...

I came to say that after a few days of searching my memory, i finally remembered why it was bugging me to leave it at just my sis. I have several uncles and cousins that look like eomer, theodred, and theoden! same face shape, the real actors really look like they could be family, which is cool, but it's really scary coming to a family reunion to see multiples of all these guys!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 04:49
omg! my mom finally helped me figure out what it was that was bugging me about Billy B.! he looked familiar... he looks like my uncle! eeek! slightly diff eyes, but so similar face and nose and lips and forehead... and height, too... I really screamed when I first saw it... aaaah!!
thing is, Billy looks really scottish... and so does my uncle... he's the hobbit... well, not really, but he's sorta short, and has slightly curly hair... but he's one of the most scottish looking in my family of Rohirrim... now, if just he had worn sunscreen as a kid, he'd look SO scarily similar... just... freaky!
Frosty_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 10:28
Well....there was this man on the bus who looked exactly like Ian as Gandalf. Including the weird eyebrows. I wanted to take a pic of him but my friend wouldn't let me pilfer her photo-phone. Aw well.
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 12:20

I have a brother that looks like a really young Orli.Horrors!*evil images of Orli fans surrounding house in search of brother*

(Don't even think about setting up a date with him!)

I could have sworn I saw a hobbit at the grocery store!
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 05:59
Does anyone else think Pippin looks kind of like a younger Eric Idle of Monty Python?

YEAH! I told my brother that when I first saw Billy in FOTR. I'm glad someone else sees it!
Eldavagor_Meldawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 06:39
One of the teachers I had at my former high school looks just like Craig Parker! Same nose, same hair, same eyes, everything! He is even the same age. And me beeing the biggest Craig Parker fan of all time,this could get dangerous. And embarrasing. ... His classes was torture!:drool:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 10:33
lol! I was driving along a highway in the middle of nowhere recently, and in one of the pastures along the highway, there were these nine black, I mean black without a spot of white on them... horses galloping, and one of them threw back his head and half-screamed, like the nazgul horses do, and for a sec i thought i saw black robed figures and glowing eyes, and it was sooo creepy!!
oh, and a guy who looks like Eomer's nearly identical twin runs along the same way i walk to school, and the first time I saw it and was sure I wasn't dreaming (I had a really high fever the first time I think I saw him... which might explain why I thought he was wearing full Rohirrim armor...) i think i freaked him out a little. I sorta stopped dead and stared... oops, not my fault! not my fault that i'm a pervy e/k fancier (e/k = eomer/karl)... really! ne way I think he's severly creeped, he won't look at me at all when I walk to school, and I don't look at him... it's wierd. lol
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 12:29
Ok, it's not exactly LotR-cast, but I have seen a man who was wearing the One Ring in his neck. I was taking off the bus and he was taking on it, so I couldn't ask him where did he get it from because we met just for a minute.
juliak
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 06:47
I saw Dominic on IKEA, but I figured it probably wasn´t him cause he started talking swedish... Too bad it wasn´t Dominic
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 06:07
okay... this is wierd. I think ive posted the most of anyone on this thread, but I have something else to say.
Not exactly looks... but I went to a theater production of Merchant of Venice today, and two of the actors were totally Merry and Pippin reincarnate. I mean, they acted perfectly merry/pip, were sorta short, and "pip" looked quite a lot like Billy. and I heard probably four or five conversations walking out of the theater about how much they were Merry/Pip.
And another of the actors had an Aragorn voice. even to the wierd, unidentifiable accent. Commanding, "I-Should-Be-King", kind, and with a sort of elvish/dunedain-ish accent. I shivered when he first spoke... lol
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 08:15
OMG, There was some road construction on my way home today. I was at the "front of the line" (right side of the road was closed) I swear, the guy holding the stop-slow sign looked like a lighter-haired younger version of Elrond. Okay so more of Agent Smith, but this is an LOTR forum. It was all I could do from bustin' out laughing.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 05:13
I think I might be imagining things. /But I saw /PJ as of twenty years from now. /My friend's dad I/S /PJ in twe/nty y/ear/s. *sorry/ f/or/ the ///s, my comps// ////sort/a me/ssed/ //up/ //ri/g/h/t /now//*
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 05:37
Well my boyfriend looks like Frodo (yes Frodo not Elijah) even his personality is very Frodo-ish. He's got exactly the saem hair as Frodo and the big blue eyes! :love: Only thing is he's 5ft9! He's also really smart, loves to travel, loves his friends and family and is a little bit different from everybody else. I call him "My Frodo" and apparantly I'm an Elf who happens to be the size of a hobbit (I'm only 5ft3), compared to him being a hobbit the size of an elf.
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 09:25
Dear Everybody,

In the fittness studio where I often go there is a lady who always brings her daughter with her. The very nice, blue eyed fair haired, jug-eared little girl always sits in her baby carriage and gazes to the sweating ladies. She totally looks like a little hobbit child. Her name is Sofia and everybody loves her there in the fittness studio.

Namarié

Elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 07:13
There's a guy that looks like Bilbo in my neighborhood. He kept letting his dog go to the bathroom in my yard. When I told him about it, he flipped me off!

I didn't know Bilbo was so aggressive!

He hasn't let his dog go in my yard since, though.
Mrs_Frodo_Baggins12
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 07:57
Well I've seen this actress on threat matrix who totaly looks like she could be Liv Tylers twin!(If only she had darker hair!)
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 12:07
at the end of Master and Commander, when Aubrey and Maturin are playing, the part with the pizzicato, there's a very short shot of a drummer who looks just like Orli. Unless I was hallucinating (which might be true, considering that it's me I'm talking about)... but I went back and paused it, and he looks like... well, I suppose like a twenty y-o orli.
And one of my older sister's friends looks like 'Olas imitating a hobbit. Hobbit hair. Elf height, Orli looks. Hobbit nature. And Orli's propensity for hugging and snuggling. *grin* aghh.... her b-day parties were not especially fun when you've got a twenty three year old guy who looks and acts like that pressed to your side half the time... :drool:
Mrs_Frodo_Baggins12
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 08:10
Wow, just today I saw a punk that looked like Legolas! He had long blonde hair (I bet he used it to hide his elf ears!)He looked like Legolas only he had a nose ring.
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 07:39
WHERE IS HEEEEEE??? :drool: :drool: :drool: I must see that guy. Ok, ok I'm just joking. Btw it would be cool to meet him.

The reason I'm writing is that the name 'Lorien' was very familiar... and wow! There is a bunch of cosmetic articles here in my country which is called Lorin Lorien. Life is strange.:heart:
LadyOfGondor85
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 11:30
hmmm....theres this one guy at my karate who looks like Sean Astin as Sam, he has the curly hair, and the hairy feet!!! the hairy feet being quite disturbing....
oh, and people say I look like a girl version of Frodo minus the jaw line!!! I dunno what to think of that but I made a site on here under Elijah Wood, and it shows a pic of me and Frodo, Quite scary actually! lol!
elfi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 11:53
Hobbits are exsists !!!!!!!!!

I have seen one of them in the Fittness Studio where I often go to.

She was a female and had short brown hair, blue eyes and her ears stuck out. And she was no higher than 59 inches.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email