Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear: Mirkwood) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: February 27, 2004 04:15
Mae Govannen! Well met RPers!

The Title is tentative, and is mainly the idea of RedWallReader, Samoftheshire, shirehobbit.

The 'tentative' story line is about the take-over of Mirkwood by the orcs. Details are still a little 'sketchy', but if you're interested, please PM me, shirehobbit, or RedWallReader to join!

So far, we have my character (Angúron) and Shirehobbit's (Alalas), but MORE will be needed!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear: Mirkwood) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: February 27, 2004 06:46
I might be interested in this........I suppose I'd play Randir Mordonauth, in the database.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
Post RE: Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear: Mirkwood) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: February 29, 2004 08:23
Thanks, gwen! Gwendeth is going to play the leader of our "army", so I thought that if she was in charge of the thread itself, she would feel less tentative to use ideas as they came to her. I'm going to be Aldalas (which, gwen, has a D in it). He's not the leader, but is a always-stick-by-you character. Redwallreader is going to be Aldalas' older brother, Echgiel.

We need lots of script to be worked out here, so any help/ideas are welcome. Please, though, you may only join if you are going to be committed to post 3-4 times a week.

FaramirandEowynForever146 - I'm afraid that I could not find your character in the database. I found the name, but it's under some other user's account.

Oh, I just thought of something. I told gwen, but I ought to post it here too. I'm going to FL next tuesday and I'll be there for a week. I was thinking that we could start some time after I got back.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 09:59
The reason it was under someone else's account is because it was the account I used before creating my current one, and didn't transfer characters over. Sorry for the confusion.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 03:02
Hi! Just thought I'd let you know I'll be checking in.Can't wait to start!

RotK WON ALL 11 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!!!! RotK IS THE BEST!
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 04:52
I Pm'd gwendeth earlier. I'm in another thread with her and I am interested in this one as well.

Here's the character list I gave her

Duath Glaew: Elven, Mirkwood ( he's my newest character)
Keliastral Nightblade: Elven, Mirkwood
Kale BrightBlade: Elven, Mirkwood
Lysander Ravenswood: Human, he's in King Thranduils service though.

All are in the database.

I can create a new character if necessary for this thread. Just let me know.............

Kelly
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 09:10
Now, Redwall, hang on! We've been over this (I'm teasing you). We can't start until after the 18th, when I get back from florida AND we have a slightly more detailed script.

I'd like to get an organized series of events laid out for us to follow before we begin this thread.

We'll start with it already being over-run, I assume. Beyond that, we know that there are going to be lots of fighting, but we'll need some non-fighting parts where readers will get to see and understand the characters.

The situation is going to be pretty desperate and just so you know. If some one quits posting, it will fit in with the story to have that character killed off. I'm not trying to be mean of threatening, but it IS hard to drag around a "dead" character.

Anyway, I'm not saying that you have to worry about that.

Sooooo. I suppose that we will ultimately win back Mirkwood. We Could start fighting just orcs, then the orcs could get reinforcements. Trolls? Maybe a Balrog?
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 09:20
Extra notes ..... (that I forgot to say. lol)

FaramirandEowynForever146 - That's ok

kaazebrabeads
- I think that you ought to pick who you want to be, unless gwendeth has a preference.

redwallreader - I'm in total agreement! GO ROTK!!

samoftheshire - Where are you?

gwendeth - Thanks for all you help!!! You are doing a great job!!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 09:49
Aldalas (which, gwen, has a D in it).

Ai! *hides and pleads 'fingeritis'*

And, yessssssssssss, likesssssssssssss sssssssssssweepsssssssssss!!!

kaaz - I'll take another look at your characters, but I agree - you should be able to pick out who you want to use.

And - yes again, we do NOT want to start this without shirehobbit!!!

gwen
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 03:22

When we are ready to start....I'm going to go with Duath Glaew. He's my newest character and has the 'most' to grow into. I've got the others in other threads and Duath needs a story.

I love to post so I don't see me getting killed off, ask gwen.....I get long winded though sometimes.

If I ever do something stupid, let me know, I'll edit posts to make them work right.

Kelly
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 02:36
I'll answer for samoftheshire: he's sleeping! He'll be on later, though.
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 03:22
I'm not sleeping now.I am going to be Elenath.I have never been an elf so you can't find him in the database.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 07:52
Yay! You guys don't want to start without me. Very nice of you all, I must say. Hannon le, gwendeth!! lol.

No problem at all, kaaze (also Kelly). I'm sure you won't do anything stupid. lol. I've only once asked a person to edit their post and that was because they posted what they meant for another thread. lol.

lol, gwendeth!! You should have seen another rp where I was Aldalas. EVERYONE misspelled his name. Poor nice elf.... I just want to make sure you guys know how to spell it from the start. lol.

Sam!! Are you going to put him in the database?? Why don't you try to give him a serious personality. Not that I'm saying that you wouldn't, just don't play too much like you played Hilbred. lol.

Redwallreader......... It's good to have you posting........ lol

..........Am I in a "lol" mood today or something??
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 02:24
You must be in a good mood.
Yes, not too much like Hillbred (at all like Hillbred, if you can manage it).
As to the data base, My 'guy's in it, so no problem there.
Have we figured out where the 'in between' parts are going to be?

SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 03:25
Allright,I get the picture.(Wait,who was that they didn't want me to be like?)
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 08:46
lol!!

Okay, guys, well, this will probably be the last time that I'll get online until after the 18th. I hope I'll find lots of ideas here when I get back!! Naever!!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 09:37
Ok - yesterday was a MESS so I didn't get anything posted.

I think it's pretty much 'determined' that we're starting AFTER Mirkwood (aka 'Taur e-Naedelos') has been overrun by orcs.

One of the ideas I mentioned to shirehobbit was that perhaps there is a specific 'orc-leader/commander' that we're trying to track down and capture/kill - with (of course) lots of other orc-fights along the way. That way we're not just 'aimlessly' wandering the woods.

A troll or balrog might be nice - and don't forget that there were a lot of Spiders living there, too.

So far, it looks like we've got the following characters:

gwendeth - Angúron (whose profile I have adjusted just a little if you want to check it out)

shirehobbit - Aldalas

kaazebrabeads - Duath Glaew

SamoftheShire - Elenath (are you putting this character in the database?)

redwallreader - (*hides*) are you using Echgiel?

FaramirandEowynForever146 - are you still interested? You mentioned Randir Mordonauth

I have heard from a couple of other folks, but they haven't posted anything here in the OOC yet, so we'll see.

>>> Some other thoughts/questions:

- Does someone (or do we WANT someone to) want to play a/the 'bad guy'?

- Do we want to 'start out' by a 'command/order' from Thranduil, or just 'pick it up' in a/the middle of a search/hunt/fight?

Ideas...ideas...ideas...

Carinyassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 10:26
(I'm supposed to post here?)
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 12:40
Why not, Carinyassë? I need all the help I can get! :dizzy::blush:
Carinyassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 01:04
Well...I guess I'll put a short description of my character here, then (if it'll help with anything).

Carcalassë is the herald of Thranduil. She's different from her predecessors in a few ways--most notably, she's female. I know, elf-girl-warrior isn't an original concept, but she is somewhat inexperienced in actual combat and works best giving orders at a distance. With as many freelance elvish rangers wandering around, I thought it'd be different to see someone with a strong sense of duty.

And besides, you need someone of intelligence on this mission. Quest. Thing.

So...where are we going?
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 01:54
Sure, I'm still in I guess. I just want to know, around what time is this taking place?
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 02:35
That I don't think we're quite sure yet... Definately after the orcs have taken over. One idea that shirehobbit 'tossed out' was perhaps it might be near the 'end' when Mirkwood is 'reclaimed', but nothing's 'set in stone'.

Ideas???
Carinyassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 02:43
It might be shortly before the fighting gets started, with some sort of flashback to how this all came about. Just from experience, starting at the very very beginning (ie, say Thranduil summoning his forces) makes things drag on more than they need to. My two cents.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 01:51
A good point, that! Le hannon, Carinyassë!

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 02:09
(Are you hiding because of Haldan? I knew he would make people afraid of me! !)

I have an idea. (Sorry about not posting :blush The first post could explain what happened in a prolouge sort of way.
Will we be in the forest or in the fortress?
Spider fights would be a good idea. Will this be when Mirkwood is dark or when its 'cleaner? Like after the Necromancer is out and Mirkwood is brighter, or way before he's ever there, or when he's there?

gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 02:50
((Never, rwr!!! heehee))

Spider-fights would be inevitable, I think since they lived in Mirkwood. A Balrog I'm not sure of, because (I think) the only one left was the one in Moria.

I'm thinking we'll be out in the forest when we start, and, yes, with a 'prologue/flashback' beginning.

As to when, I'm wondering if perhaps just AFTER the Necromancer leaves - but it would be nice for them to 'win Mirkwood back' from the orcs.

What ideas do you have??? *eager*

[Edited on 16/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 02:42
(Good. I was afraid everybody would now regard me as some dark lunatic.)
That is a problem. Wherre the orcs come from,I mean. They have to come from somewhere.
Maybe it could be the attack of orcs during The War of the Ring. I don't know the outcome of that, but I know it was attacked. Just a thought.
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 03:37
Sorry I havn't posted in a while.I think it's a very good idea to have spider fights.Oh,and what would we say in the prolouge?
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 04:14
I've been trying to figure out what to have in the prologue.

I did some research on Mirkwood. The forest was renamed from 'Greenwood' to the 'Forest of Great Fear' around Third Age 1050 when the Necromancer (Sauron) was there.

The Nazgûl came there about TA 1300 and lived in Dol Guldur, and the forest was 'reclaimed' in TA 3019 during the War of the Ring. The Nazgûl left in TA 3017 to hunt for the One Ring.

So - we have orcs, spiders, AND Nazgûl floating around the forest.

So - I guess the biggest question is 'when' we want the RP to be. I'm thinking perhaps towards the 'end'.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 10:27
Yay for spider-fights. Never been in one before yet. And also, I've been really busy lately and will continue to be for who knows how long. If I don't post in a while, I haven't quit or forgotten about it, I'm just rather busy.

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 02:20
the problem is, do we want it to be 'historicallly' acurate, or should we just make up the battle to our own preferences.
Do we know exactly how the battle (foir Mirkwood) went in?
Nazgul would be a nice touch.

kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 02:43
I think we need some structure....but maybe not as much as some TT threads...........

I agree with having all of the 'enemies' listed......each have their own strengths and weaknesses and ways we would have to deal with them............

As for how to start the thread.......that I can't help......I do better writing in reaction to things happening...........

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 05:09
VERY COOL EVERYONE!! So, I have to leave you to your own devices to get you to come up with brilliant ideas. lol. Just kidding. Anyway, this all sounds GREAT! I do agree with kaazebrabeads, though, I think that we need some specific structure. But, maybe I'll just leave that to you, since you are doing so well already...... lol. Gwen, you're doing nicely organizing thoughts!! Thanks!!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 06:04
:blush: Thanks, shirehobbit! It's nice to see you back! I definately agree on the 'structure'.

Ok - so we have the 'baddies': orcs, spiders & Nazgûl.

I'm thinking this should take place before the War of the Rings so the Nazgûl are still there - they don't leave until told to search for the Ring. There will still be lots of the 'bad guys' there for plenty of battles.

The 'prologue', I'm thinking will either be a 'flashback' of receiving their orders, or perhaps a 'revisit' of the group's previous battle, but I'd still love ideas!!!
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 02:33
Do we even need a 'flashback'? why couldn't the prolouge be just an explanation? Though a flash back wouldn't be bad.
How long will it be before we actually full retake Mirkwood?

[Edited on 19/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email