Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear: Mirkwood) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: March 20, 2004 10:18
Ok - decision time!

I think we should hold this (around) Third Age 3016, since the Nazgûl leave in 3017. That way they'll still 'be there', and we'll have them, orcs, and spiders to fight.

Depending on how 'long' we want this, we could 'finish up' with an assault on Dol Guldur to 'reclaim' the forest.

The first post will have an 'explanation' in it.

So far, we have these folks:

gwendeth: Angúron (leader)
shirehobbit: Aldalas (son of Thranduil)
redwallreader: Echgiel (son of Thranduil & Aldalas' older brother)
kaazebrabeads: Duath Glaew (healer)
samoftheshire: Elenath
faramirandEowynForever146: Randir Mordonauth
Carinyassë: Carcalassë (Thranduil's herald)

Am I correct?

gwen

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear: Mirkwood) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: March 21, 2004 08:52
Gwendeth...you have Duath correct.......

And I am excited to get started.......
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 01:01
Right-o, gwen! I see no problem with our cast list. *am delighted that "Aldalas" is spelled correctly. lol*

Now, as for the "timing", I'm not that good once you get outside of the Fellowship's various journeys, so spare me the choice, if you will. LOL. What ever gwen says goes!! That's why I wanted her to take charge....... I do vote for Nazgul, though, if they fit. One question, though, how would we kill the Nazgul, or wouldn't we. Maybe that was a dumb question..... But if we aren't going to kill the Wraiths, we need to make sure no one writes in that they do so.

For the structure, how detailed were you going to go?

Prologue
small skirmish
scouting
larger battle
some one gets minorly wounded
calm before the storm
the Nazgul come
A disagreement
forced to stick together
the sun doesn't rise (not looking good for us. lol.)
the epic battle
retaking Mirkwood

This was just a suggestion of a possible ordering of things. ??? Were you even going to script it that much??
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 02:25
Wait, I knew I was related to Aldalas, but were also Legolas's brothers? :dizzy:
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 02:48
Wait, I knew I was related to Aldalas, but were also Legolas's brothers?

Yep! I just checked Aldalas' profile again - your dad is Thranduil.
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 03:08
Sorry I havn't been on in while.I think everything sounds great! We do need the order of events in,well,order.I can't think of anything else so I'll be back on tomorrow!

[Edited on 22/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 02:20
I guess I should know my family tree better. Finnally, Sam, your here.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 02:30
Ok - hmmm - order of events, let's see if I'm interpreting your request right, samoftheshire...

- first post with 'intro' of what we're doing and why
- various battles with orcs, spiders, and Nazgûl
- ending the 'retaking' of the forest with an assault on Dol Guldur

Is that what you're meaning? I still think we 'ought' to have an orcish 'bad guy' that we're trying to 'track down' in the process to give us some 'focus' throughout the rp. It may not need to be an actual 'character' in the database that someone 'plays', but a character who leads us in a merry dance through the forest.

What do you all think?
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 03:20
Yes,i'm finally hear.That sounds pretty great! Excuse my ignorance, but why would we be following that orc?

[Edited on 25/3/2004 by SamoftheShire]

[Edited on 26/3/2004 by SamoftheShire]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 03:51
The only thing I can think of is that it's some kind of 'orcish' commander that the Necromancer (Sauron) has perhaps left 'in control', and to give the thread some focus rather than just randomly hunting for orc-nests.

If it's not a good idea, we can think of something else...
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 08:03
lol, RWR, you didn't know your own family? lol. I didn't tell you, so it's my fault.

True, gwen. Hmm. Are orcs, well, very smart?? Just wondering... Would we have some one play the orc leader, or just random fill in...... Maybe we needent even tell it from the orcs side, because I don't know if anyone cares what they are thinking. *suddenly nervous* Uh, did you??

Another idea! Might some one get captured and we need to rescue them??
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 09:37
No, orcs are NOT very smart, and have to be told everything. grrr! It just seemed like we needed a 'focus', but perhaps just the clearing of the forest is good enough.

And no - I wasn't thinking really that anyone needed to 'play' an orc or tell it from 'their' side.

A rescue does seem like a nice idea!

[Edited on 23/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 11:21
Well, if you need some sort of minion, I've got a character who acts as a spy for Sauron. His name is Denallian and he's in the database. The time period might be a little off, but I could always adjust it to fit.

[Edited on 24/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 02:22
I have a character too, but I wouldn't want to play just him. :evil: (Haldan: The Beginnings :evil: )

Yeah, I guess I should have read up on my geneology.

[Edited on 24/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 04:23
REDWALLREADER!!!!!!! *hands on hips* No more baddies for now!! You were too mean in Dragons.... lol.

Well, I guess we are almost ready to get started, then, huh? Of course, it's up to gwen....... Whensoever she says......

gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 05:43
lol okok, sh! SamoftheShire - that character (even just 'mentioned') might be nice.

I'm working on the first post and should have it in by Friday.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 02:13
Yeah! Can't wait for it to start.

So this means, Haldan can never returns? *Dances around on all fours singing "I'm free, I'm free, he's gone!*
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 03:31
When will it start?And who's going to get captured?
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 04:17
"When" in regards to the "Timeline" - Third Age 3016 (6-12 months before the Nazgûl leave to hunt the One Ring).

As for the 'other' when - either later today, or by tomorrow, I'll have the first post up.

And - hmmm - maybe we should just 'see' when we get there on the capturing, and see how it 'plays out'.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 09:53
Oh - and one other thing that has just struck me. It occurred to me that horses (those of us who 'have' them), might not be very practical in ranging through Mirkwood Forest for our orc-hunt. I think it would be better to be on foot where our 'elven-stealth' will be more useful.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 12:45
Well, Aldalas doesn't have a horse for that reason. He does have a hawk, but this could be left out if it's inconvienent. As to who to be captured, maybe kaazebrabead's character?? Or were you volunteering, Sam?? lol. I don't think that we could afford to have gwen's character taken, but anyone else seems fair game. I'll do it if need so.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 12:50
I think Aldalas' hawk is fine - kaaz's Duath has a falcon, so 'birds of a feather...'

lol - Yes... Angúron might not be a good one to get 'captured', but I would think that anyone is 'fair game'... :evil:

PS: shirehobbit has requested we start this on Sunday, so I will make the first post then...

[Edited on 25/3/2004 by gwendeth]
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 05:38
I can't wait until Sunday!

Duath's horse has been returned to its original owner.... so he doesn't have a horse either.........

And Gwens right..... It would not be inconvenient to have two birds of prey in one party.....

And no one has to volunteer.....Duaths volunteering for capture... He's a new character for me and needs some life enrichment! That and you guys will want your healer back so you won't leave the orcs to kill him!

See everyone here or in the forum on Sunday!

Kelly

redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 02:46
TT or TR?
Were you grinning evily at me or Haldan?

SUNDAY!

I can't tink of anything, except Echgiel doesn't have a horse. I forgot what he has...
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 04:05
((( I'm posting for gwendeth- she's only got one post left for here!))

The thread is going to be in TT

and RWR: Gwen says she wasn't grinning evilly at you or Haldan.....

and I know I want to have it sooner too! Sunday seems so far away!

Kelly
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 05:08
Le suilannon, mellyn nín! The first post is up!! Hûl!!!
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 09:37
*stares enviously at gwen's elvish, then scurries away to post* Thank you, gwendeth!!
BTW- Don't forget, we can still chat about our plot here as it developes...
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2004 02:22
I just posted! Hope I did it right. (How could I get it wrong?)
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: March 30, 2004 07:06
I have no idea, unless you posted the wrong post on the wrong thread......
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 12:22
Hey folks! I'm thinking a little 'unexpected' battle with spiders might be 'fun' about now.... What do y'all think???
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 02:41
That would be nice.
FaramirandEowynForever146
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 09:56
Sounds good to me.

Thanks for including me in some way or another. I was out of the state during the weekend and unable to post.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 06:09
Absolutely, FaramirandEowynForever146, we've got you 'covered'...

And... just as an 'FYI' - Angúron is just a little 'testy' and 'upset' at the moment, so he's being just a little more 'curt' than usual... Please keep that in mind, ok?
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 10:27
Ok... we've got a fight coming up... nasssssssty sssssssssssspiders! Hmmmmmmmmmm - how many should there be? Enough for a good amount of fighting, I think!
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 01:28
Spider battle! This is great! I like spider! *A giant spider latches onto my leg*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email