Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Book of 5 Rings OOC Forum
on: May 03, 2004 01:47
Gee, I'm sorry, Alcarin. I try to post as much as time can allow, but sometimes I myself get stuck and I really don't know what to say! I don't want to leave the thread though, so I promise I'll try harder.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 08:25
um.. I think I've missed some of the plot at some point, what exactly is Zie trying to do? by the way, I'm still here, just haven't got time to write a post that will be worth-while.
Oh yes, I can bring in another character too, if you like.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 11:15
Zie is playing it by ear and trying to figure out what the heck to do next....I dunno....figuring out a way to capture your 5 rings....need you guys to catch up to her...capture her...something....looking for suggestions cause I don't wanna be doing all the work here.

Possible plot changes for Suilen's lack of participation in the works...will let you know first though....

Edit....

Ok, so here’s my thought…I’d like an “OK” from everyone else before I do this. I’ve already spoke to Alcarnique through PM and she seemed ok with I, but I’d like an official GO from all.

Ladyofthewood234, aka Sulien, has not posted since April the 10th and it is likely that she has abandoned the thread. I have PM’d her but have not received any answer thus far. To keep things interesting, add incentive and work around her absence, I came up with the following idea…

My character Zie, while still in Rivendell could have came across Sulien alone in the night, managed to incapacitate her and steal her ring. Zie then left Rivendell in possession of the ring. The other ring bearers are not likely to know this until later. This way, if she does decide to rejoin us, she would find herself waking in the Houses of Healing in Rivendell from a long sleep/coma and would have to use her own imagination to catch up with the rest of the group. However, if she does not rejoin, we can assume that her finally dies in her sleep/coma from the spell placed on her. This way Zie has something to use as a goal and as bait for the rest once they know she has it. Zie wants to get the ring back to her master (whether she likes it or not) and once the rest know she’s got it and what’s up, they’ll obviously want to get it back.

I can easily go back and change one of my posts, likely the one from April the 25th, taking out the conversation with Ferodir and slipping in the new section. I would, of course, bold it so that it would be easy to pick up with your eyes to read the changes. What I have in mind shouldn’t cause any of you to need to change any of your past posts, unless you wanted too.

Let me know here in the OOC. Once everyone gives me the thumbs up, I’ll put it in and then let everyone know when it’s done. If everyone does not agree, we will just keep going as we are, I don’t have any problem with that either.

[Edited on 7/5/2004 by Leighlia]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 08, 2004 11:29
I think your idea is a good one, Leighla, as we don't want one idle ring-bearer hanging around doing nothing... (puts on an innocent expression)
I've introduced a new character: Joveta. I hope you guys don't mind! It should help to make my posts more interesting..
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 11:47
Yup, yup, I'm okay with it, as I said...btw, it seems lotw234 hasn't been active since the 10th of April, and her last post was in this thread...do you think she died....or something? :twitch:

[Edited on 10/5/2004 by alcarinque]
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 12:11
Hmm..yeah, it's okay with me too, I guess. I'm not keen on killing off a character without the player's consent, but since she hasn't been on for weeks now, I can see your point. Zie's taking possession of the ring may be good for our storyline now too.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 04:20
Something may have happened to her computer as well, (something I've been fighting with as well) but it would be hard for us to just sit back and wait. I have written the change already and have just been waiting to put it in. The plan then is to just incapacitate her, not kill, and steal her ring. This hopefully will leave it open ended so that she would be able to hop back in if she comes back. Granted it would test her creative writing abilities to catch up, but that's the breaks I guess. I'll make that change real soon.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 05:54
Ok everyone, I made the change to my post of 4/25. It is at the bottom of page 2. I bolded the changes so it will be easy for you to see. I also deleted out 3 paragraphs because it was so long, but most of it I wanted to leave. I didn't get the OK from Elrin yet, but I figured she didn't see the OOC yet. BUT, I made the changes anyway since I had the majority vote. No point in waiting longer. Like I said before, noone should need to change any of their posts as most everyone left immediately and it would be unlikely you would have found her in the gardens anyway. She will be left, alive, in the care of the elves. Now, it may be possible that once together again, the barers could tell that the ring no longer was held by its proper owner, by using the power of their own...if they were trying to locate her or something....up to you....I don't care.

Thanks all.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 12:13
Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have read all changes. Looks good, Leighlia. I'll try to post tomorrow.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 08:27
Alrighty folks, I might just have managed to recruit someone! I dunno for sure, but they seemed pretty interested and willing to check it out...but we'll see. Otherwise, I dunno, yell for some more people!
Also, I'm making ANOTHER character, whose name is going to be Galdor (that is, the healer guy)...anduril, I was wondering if I could make him Rowan's distant relative...it would help some of my explanations.

[Edited on 17/5/2004 by alcarinque]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 08:52
Yes, you can make him Rowan's distant relative... I'm very curious now! Everyone's posts are so great.. I'm trying hard to match them.
If you like, I could ask around my friends on CoE and see if they'd like to join?
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 09:05
If anyone wants to add a character to join our little vendetta with the mirror and Zie and Veda and all that good stuff, that'd be great. Galdor ought to be an interesting addition... he'll probably be Rowan's cousin twice removed or something. Oh, and anduril, if there's anyone you could ask, that'd be great! If anyone new comes in, they can take over Galdor or Veda, if they like. Gee I feel so productive this week...what 2, 3 posts already? >-<
Oh, and by the way, the guy I was talking about. Are we really THAT boring? He says, "Gee, your thread is ravishing, really, but I need to focus my intellect on more important things." (That's a direct quote...)

[Edited on 18/5/2004 by alcarinque]
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 06:19
So....have we lost the rest now too. Haven't heard from Elrin in a long time. Gonna be really hard to make up for her loss as well.

Come on folks! You lot are good writers and good RP'ers. Please don't abandon this so early in the story!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 02:28
My internet's been down for 3 days... grrr :killcomp:
I'll definately ask for someone to join then, I'm sure I can get at least one to join.
I'm not going to abandon this thread. I'm getting another post together, and it'll probably be up in the next few days. I have a restricted amount of time on the computer daily, and sometimes don't make it on at all.
Do you want as many new people as possible? Oh, and do they have to write "long" posts? My friends keep saying I write loads, but mine are antsized compared to both of you two's wonderful posts!
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 08:22
Yup yup...come on, folks! *claps hands while kicking a sedentary City and Elrin* Chop chop! We've been particularly slow the last week. And we're just getting to the exciting part. btw, anduril, as MANY people to join would be awesome! Their posts don't have to be super long, as long as they keep up and post in the OoC or something every now and then so we know they're following us. Otherwise, we're going to go back to being quite sedentary...-_-
I will post in a few days, it's just my editing this weird video is putting me behind...

[Edited on 24/5/2004 by alcarinque]

[Edited on 25/5/2004 by alcarinque]
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 09:41
Ooohh, sorry! I didn't mean to be slacking off with this thread! Computer problems, summer job, getting ready to go back to school (in two weeks!) :sob: and all that stuff. Don't worry; I'm not dead, and not quitting. I'll post something as soon as I can, I promise! :angel: I'll never just disappear without telling you guys first, so please don't just kill Caladion okay? :evil:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 07:26
okay, two people are thinking about joining..
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 08:38
Right, I do need to know where Alcarinque actually is before I write my next post. I'm scared I'll get all the geography wrong.. heh
I am hoping that Rowan will catch her up...eventually..
Does Galdor hold something against Rowan, that I should know of.. the plot is getting really interesting!
*cheers for the thread*
And we've got a new member! :disco:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 09:44
Yay, we have a new person! :disco: And I rarely do the disco move...I have no idea where Alcarinque really is actually, probably close to the Misty Mountains, near the Pass of Rohan...?(Is that what it's called? I have short term memory loss...-_-) As for Galdor, we'll see...:evil:Cheers!
I'll try to come up with a post in the next few days for Veda, I'm just have to type up a paper first. T-T

[Edited on 27/5/2004 by alcarinque]
Elrin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 08:33
Hey guys, I'm really ashamed of neglecting this thread, I enjoy it so. I have been real busy since school started a while ago and work have been piled on me. Also I have hit a major writers block in all my threads etc. Other than that I have no excuse and I apologize.
Anyway I hope you don't mind if Elvereth goes in a whole different direction, on a side quest of sorts. I do not know much of the 'evil' in the story but I hope the character I'm gonna be introducing will fit in properly.
I apologize once again and I'll try and post by tomorrow.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 08:46
OK, now that we have got all of our people back, I have to be gone..-_- sorry, I won't be back till Tuesday...I guess it's not that long.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 09:44
Ok, looks like the forum is going slow...is it because of the wierd format? Sorry guys, that would be my bad html. -_-
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 08:21
OK, we really need to get out of kick-the-bucket mode, so I'm going to wait to post until next Monday. (There's also a flock of birds stuck in the library too, and I'd rather not be a solitary target while typing...) Hopefully, anduril will be back with a post...? And everyone else will follow...??
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 08:53
Yup, yup! I'll post and have Caladion meet with Rowan...as soon as anduril posts. Image
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 06:33
aaargh!!! this is what comes of being away... I'm so sorry guys! I'll get together a post as soon as I can I promise!
:hug:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 12:06
Hello, this is just a quick notice beforehand. I’m going to be gone from June 22nd to July 1st, and on the days in between I will be completely alienated from internet services. :cry: After that until about September 3rd, I will only be on sporadically maybe once or twice every one or two weeks. I will be posting like a crazy woman at these times, but I’m afraid I might get behind. However, please bear with me until the new school year, and I promise I will make up for my dragging then. Feel free to drag Alcarinque around as with you (as a dumb mute if you can’t be bothered), or dump her back somewhere if necessary. Thanks!
Also, I’m sorry I couldn’t come up with a post today, I’m out of time. It’s nice to have you back, anduril!
:love:
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 08:25
A few matters of last minute housekeeping…
We still need an evil head honcho! Who of course does not have to be evil through and through, just maybe turned evil because of an romantic past…or something. That’s just an idea.
Also, since we’re lacking a bit of action concerning the stolen ring, I was thinking that maybe we should have some friend or relative of Sulien’s go after Zie and replace Sulien as the ringbearer…I hate to replace characters, but lotw234 has been gone so long I think it’s justifiable.
So anyway, I intend to send out a few pm’s looking for people, but if you know someone who might be interested, PLEASE give them a holler. I’m directing any people I pm here, so if I am gone then, please tell them what’s up and all that good stuff.
Meanwhile, I will spend my last week with the computer *sniff* as productively as I possibly can!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 09:29
Okay Alcarinque! We'll look after the thread, and anything/anyone who wanders by...
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 11:21
Yep, I'm still keeping an eye on this thread... But since anduril did such a good job bringing Caladion along with Rowan, I'll wait for Alcarinque to post first before giving my piece.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 08:33
Just an addition for the shoutout...
I've also asked for more antagonists and citizens of Rohan, plus anyone else!
I will post in a few hours...sorry for the lag.
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 09:16
i heard that this thread needs some reviving.
Well, Summer's coming up and i'm more than willing to entertain myself with another roleplay. What's the link to the thread? Plans already form in my mind...
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 11:36
Yay! Already, we have someone new! Annie-ways...welcome to the thread...it's at http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=14077
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 11:52
I hear you want a Dark Lord and or Lady? Still want one? I'd happily play one. -shrug-

[Edited on 11/04/2004 by FadedGlory]
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 12:21
YAY!! My heart is bursting with happiness...ok, I'll cut the sappy stuff...we currently have no knowledge of an EVIL LORD/LADY, so please do join as one if you like!
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 01:13
YES!! Possible Bad Boss at last. I need help being the bad guy/girl! (Yes, I'm now admitting that, though fun, I'm not well versed in it...pathetic girl yes...bad girl...well..... )
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email