Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Book of 5 Rings OOC Forum
on: June 15, 2004 02:39
Okie dokie then. ^_^ I think I have the perfect villan. Maybe. -blink- I'll... have to look through the board or something before I decide how they'll be. Most likely some guy. -shrug-
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 10:39
hehe more people! this thread is getting really fun... hm.. I'm finding it a little difficult to find things to say to Galdor..
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 11:54
I got a random pm... please explain what this is on about.
Allysian
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 03:58
I can join next week if that's OK.I have a really busy weekend coming up and will be off the computer for a few days.I'll probably just be a citizen of Rohan or a fairly unimportant bad guy.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 04:23
Hello, I'm presently short of time, so I can't answer questions, but I will edit this post later into an explanation. Thanks all for replying!
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 07:56
Hi Peeps!!!!

I got a random PM and decided that this thing looks good, I have a Ranger and an Elf, Ethoner and Tregallien, who City knows all about!
They'd quite happily join and take on the ring or any other jobs they may be given.
I'll go read the thread now so's I know what on earth I'm talking about!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 08:57
Welcome everyone! It's great to have more people
just one thing - the thread doesn't look good... it isgood!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 09:22
I'd play your villan, but I am so confused and it took me about 20 minutes just to read half of the first page. I'd play your villan but I can't see reading 4 pages, totalling at 60 long posts, just to post on my own area. I'd be so lost and just jumping in... I don't know. It doesn't seem right. Maybe if someone could sum everything up extremely fast so I wouldn't have to read lal 4 pages, I may think otherwise. I don't know. Sorry. I feel lost.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 09:27
*alcar creeps onto the scene, eyes leaking with happiness…NOT!*
Hello, hello, welcome, welcome…welcome.
Speaking of storylines, for everyone’s benefit, I’ve made a recap and a character list.

Currently, our characters are:
Alcarinque (alcarinque)-The bearer of the black ring (chaos)
Caladion (CityofAngel)-The bearer of the green ring (earth)
Elvereth (Elrin)-The bearer of the blue ring (water)
Rowan (anduril269)-The bearer of the red ring (fire)
Sulien (ladyofthewood234)-The (late?) bearer of the white ring (wind)
Zie (Leighlia)-an antagonist from the South
Veda (alcarinque)-a seer, also an antagonist (?)
Joveta (anduril269)-a female traveler with Rowan
Neda (Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell)- a female traveler with Rowan and Joveta
Galdor (alcarinque)- a healer, also Rowan’s cousin

((Did I miss anyone…?))

Anyway, here is the recap:

1.) The 5 ringbearers meet up at the stone circle.
2.) They discover they are being stalked by someone (Zie).
3.) They go to Rivendell, followed by Zie, who seems to be working as a mercenary of sorts for a head honcho evil down South.
4.) As this takes place after the war of the ring, Celeborn lives in Rivendell. Zie tricks him into antagonizing the rinbearers.
5.) Alcarinque meets up with Zie and later Celeborn and ends up knocking him out. Meanwhile, Zie jumps Sulien and leaves her near death, and steals her ring. (This is the ringbearer we need an avenger for, as lotw234 has been gone for a very long time…)
6.) Zie flees Rivendell. Alcarinque follows.
7.) Rowan, Elvereth, and Caladion follow Alcarinque, and all ride for a while.
8.) A seer named Veda meets Zie, following her visions. A séance/vendetta ensues. Meanwhile, Alcarinque comes across a small village, of which the healer is Rowan’s cousin, a powerful mage, and someone with a great deal of knowledge of the rings. Assuming his knowledge dangerous, Alcarinque plans to take him with her. Elvereth is assumed to be on a side quest of sorts (Elrin has been busy the past few weeks and unable to post.) The ringbearers do not know yet of of Sulien’s ring being stolen.
9.) Meanwhile, Rowan meets two female travelers, Joveta and Neda. Later, Caladion catches up to him.
10.) The 4 then meet Alcarinque and Galdor in the village.
11.) Veda and Zie, meanwhile, ride on to Rohan, possibly to recruit their army.

Yep, that’s it. This is where we are at present, so please hop in where you like! I’m doing as much as I possibly can before I go away, and hopefully I’ll be able to get in one more post this week!
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 11:37
Well, I'll play any character that's not being played. Since everyone wants the head honcho, I guess i can choose another. Perhaps somebody who works for her?
A spy or an assassin? If you want i could also probably try my hand at people fighting for good instead of evil. Well, I'll think about it and read over your message one more time

Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 11:46
And now that i've read your messge, i suppose i should make two characters: An antagonist and maybe a ringbearer.

Antagonist: Shadowlight Death.
Age: Shadow is an elf, so she's basically lost count of her age.
Appearance: She looks like a peasant, with a tatterd and torn blue-grey cloak. But behind that cloak is sheer danger. Two swords of the cruelest form possbile are strapped to her waist, used to efficently and quickly kill someone off. A small knife is hidden in her sleeve, and a long dagger in her brown leather boot. Other various knives and sharp objects are usually hidden in various places, but she usually doesnt keep them there for long; she looses and gains weapons frequently.
Shadow is beautiful. Very beautiful... beware of this fact. She can keep youi off balance for as long as she likes and then, kill you off...
Shadow works for the head honcho, who is currently unnamed and unseen. Shadow herself has never actually seen her... but she follows her orders sent by personal messengers.

She has magic, but does not have a good control over it, so magic is used sparingly in combat. She possesses the whishsong, the ability to do magical phenoma with only her voice and the pitch of her song. Very intriguing.. and haunting...

(ill post more later, i gotta go)
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 01:00
I suppose here is where I'll be posting my character description then, I think, so , here it goes.

Dark Lord: Zaron, Black Death of the South.
Other: He has always had a morbid fascination with the rings of power, ever since he had first heard of them. It became an obsession with time, and as time continued on, the ache to have them overwhelmed him to the point that he would do anything to have them in his possession. Mercenary upon mercenary he sends out to retrive the rings and bring them to him, warriors of sorts, or whatever he can manage.

He keeps his quarters well hidden in the southern hills, or what hills are in the south, and rarely leaves it. Usually he is clad in nothing but black that goes quite well with his cold stone grey eyes that only tinted green nowadays and dark brown, nearly black hair that came down to the nape of his neck. His heaight as well, standing at about 6'1". No matter where he is,usually hiding his features within the shadows of his cloak hood.

He rarely carries any weapons becaue, who needs weapons when you can have croonies, Laqueys, goons, bodygaurds? Even so, he usually has a sword sheathed and at his belt and a dagger per boot. One can never be to prepared. He's not all that kind either, considering those whom disobey him in any fashion he decapitates personally, earning him the title of 'Black Death'. Decapitation was one of the more pleasent ways to die from him though.

As for his history, it is little known with the exception that his father died in battle and his mother passed on when he was 8 of pneumonia. Having no relatives nearby he worked as a stable hand for the king of Rohan. At the age of 18 he left and slowly faded into obscurity to the hills where he did his further studying, since he was granted the priveleges of learning how to read and write when in the hands of the king, and eventually learned of the rings on one of his journeys, travelling from Rohan to Gondor and so forth.

It's strange how a mere man can seemingly hold so much power. What is stranger is that he acts as if he is immortal. Until the day he was to die he will be pining for the rings and the power that they posses.

anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 06:56
wow.. cool chars guys! I can't wait until you all start posting..
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 08:52
Excellent, everybody. Absolutely ravishing. As for the thread, it's going quite slow compared to the OoC...

[Edited on 17/6/2004 by alcarinque]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:10
I post as often as I can: I take soooo long to write! It's really annoying, and I seem to have some form of writer's block at the moment. *growls*
Morwen1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:12
Can somebody tell me what the names of the Ringbearers are, and who has which ring? Because if my assassin wants to kill off a ringbearer, she needs to find outtheir names...

and i posted in the thread
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:35
I just got a random pm and it looked intresting. I have two characters as a possibilty, A Healer called Finduilas from Gondor and Lurien a High Elf, who ahs turned to the Dark Side for unknown reasons. She is a spy for the Dark Lord and is a brilliant one, as no one supsects someone who is of the Calaquendi. I can play both or I will just play one. Just say so. They are also both are in the database.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:41
-has finally posted- XP
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:50
There is a list of the ringbearers in one of Alcar's posts further up this page, if it's helpful...
Gorothtellumaiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 09:53
Good heavens. You certainly got a lot of responses quickly. If there are any more openings, I'll be an evil minion type thing. Unless you already have too many offers of that sort.
RainBow
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 10:18
alcarinque, i'd like to participate too. count me in!
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 12:08
Wow. *a look of disbelief* HOOOO boy! Thank you very much, everyone! Did you hear me? THANK YOU! Ah yes, anyway, the recap and the character list is up on page 3, and we can NEVER have too many bad guys. I'm sure Leighlia will be thrilled. But we do also need some good guys, etc.
*meanders off by self prating on about who knows what*...
Findulas: Both characters, or one, either one, would be perfectly fine. Whatever you think you could keep up with.
Speaking of posts, sorry anduril, I wasn't particularly targeting anyone... I'm also going to read Morwen and FadedGlory's posts, hopefully I will make a post tomorrow.
*Later* Excellent posts. A very auspicious start. Or was it inauspicious...? Either way, I meant...uh..."not unfortunate"? (I hate double negatives...)

alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 08:53
This is it, guys, I’m out. School’s out Monday, but I hear the computers won’t be on then. So, I’m very sorry I couldn’t come up with one last post, but my friends want me to go to some going away party…anyway, have fun, and try not to kill anybody…I will leave the thread in your very capable hands. I’ll be back as soon as I can!
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 09:54
Ya, I just got one of those pms too. If there is still any room for me to join, I have a charachter that is a captain of Rohan, and another, slightly evil one who is an orc. This looks really cool, I hope there is still room!
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 11:05
I'll try to keep up with the two, but I will either post them seperatly or in a huge post with a nice little thing seperating them. Though I think I'll post them, a couple of posts between each other.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 01:30
heh that's fine, Alcarinque
I'm getting quite scared now.. the thread is turning evil! lol
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 03:20
We all suddenly died... o_o
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 05:39
I'm waiting for Alcarinque to post.. and she's away.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 08:26
I thought she was going to be away for a long while. you might as well post around her.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 11:37
Glory! I have returned! (dun dun dun...!) Yes yes, getting onto business...
Let's see, first order of business, I have received a pm from Elrin...lemme see...
Im sure you remember me, I play Elvereth the bearer of the ring Argentum. Anyway, I consider myself unworthy to continue in the thread so I will be pulling Elvererth out. In all honesty I do not want to leave the thread, but I am dragging through the thread and not posting much. I do not want to cause any problems in the thread as I have quite enjoyed it so in the best interest of the thread I feel it best I leave.
Therefore a new bearer would be needed. As with the other, it would be fitting if the next bearer of Argentum be a relative of Elvereth. Elvereth could pass on the ring to the next person and perhaps depart middle earth or play a minor character or perhaps, I have read there is an assasin in the making of the evil force, have Elvereth fall by assasination, for which I give permission. It is up to you to decide, I only ask that it be a worthy person. I have offered a few suggestions but as I say it is up to you and I will go with whatever you decide.
If you would just pm me back when you read this message it would be much appreciated.

Elrin (Elvereth)
-----------------

So if anyone is interested in taking over the blue ring according to Elrin's wishes, that's open...
Ok, erm, next thing...
As strange as this may sound, I'm in a mountain retreat/music camp in an undisclosed country, and the computers (and their library) is uh...down the mountain. They send out what they call "microbuses" (aka a glorified ex-schoolbus) every week, but when it gets really windy or rainy, they don't send the bus out. This may explain if I'm not on sometimes...-_-
OK, I think that basically covers it. I'm kind of swamped after being gone for 2 and a half weeks, so I won't be able to come up with a post today, but I'll be sure to post next week.
Ciao!
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 09:49
hmm...does anyone even check this thread anymore? I believe I will posting a real post in a few minutes, but really, has this thread died?

*sigh*
I suppose we'll see after I post.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 10:42
I've been lurking... however, I do check the boards when a new post comes in.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 10:50
YAY!! THERE IS ! PERSON ALIVE!!

*proceeds to knock FadedGlory out with profuse hand shaking*
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 03:29
Well, its about time!! Yes, I'm here as well.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 06:25
x_X -ish knocked out from hand shaking-ness-

I can't post until Findulas or whomever posts... -sniffle- Or something like that... Guess there's always the draggin' in of another baddie... but I'm lazy and dun want to... merf...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email