Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elendelyne
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Celtic Music
on: March 28, 2007 05:33
Celtic Woman!!!!!!! I love that group. My sister bought their new cd for me for my birthday. Which is your favorite song?
Mine are "The Voice" "Spanish Lady" "Siuil a Run" "Granuiale's Dance" and all the others....

Loreena Mckennitt is lovely; I'm beginning to get into her and I already love her.

Anyone try Hayley Westenra?
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 02:01
I love Celtic Circle! I have just the first one, but my sister has all, I think. I listen to that music when I wan't to get some inspiration to write stories. And ofcourse I listen to it also when I'm not writing. It just has some lovely sound, that I can remember allways.
Image Image Image
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 05:03
Celtic Woman!!!!!!! I love that group. My sister bought their new cd for me for my birthday. Which is your favorite song?
Mine are "The Voice" "Spanish Lady" "Siuil a Run" "Granuiale's Dance" and all the others....

Loreena Mckennitt is lovely; I'm beginning to get into her and I already love her.

Anyone try Hayley Westenra?

Oh goodness, don't make me choose. All of their songs are wonderful! :love: Did you get their A New Journey CD? It's beautiful! I never get tired of it!

I love Hayley Westenra! She has a very beautiful voice!
I'm especially fond of Across the Universe of Time and Dark Waltz. They're so hauntingly beautiful. :love:

Has anyone heard of the choral group, Anúna? :love: Or Secret Garden?

[Edited on 8/7/2007 by Dream~Giver]
ElerrinaElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 04:54
Celtic music seems to speak directly to my soul. I especially love listening to uillean pipes and bagpipes My favourite Celtic musician would have to be Loreena McKennitt, although she draws from lots of different cultures. I especially like her new cd, An Ancient Muse.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 02:43
I like her as well, Elerrina. Ancient Muse is good. Book of Secrets and Elemental are also very good cd's and I listen to them often.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 04:43
I am a fan of Celtic music and I don't think I anyone mention Celtic women I just love them. Enya is great and some that were mentioned I have not heard. I will have to look into those groups and singers.
Gilwen_the_Sorceress
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 03:01
I guess I love Celtic music... but I dont know what I have heard... actually I havent heard anything of what´s mentioned here.

Well, only Lorena McKennitt and I have heard a groups called Mytrim (or something like that) but I dont know if this is Celtic music. But sounds lovely.
I have heard Starlit Jewell, no idea if this is Celtic Music but sounds lovely.

But, well, no idea where can I hear all those Celtics artist XD
I´ll try to find something
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I love Celtic music! It just seems so traditional. I like 'Celtic Thunder'. My friend almost blew her stack when someone called them Seltic Thunder!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
EthelwulfHanrahan
Council Member
Send Message
i myself have a celtic playlist i meditate to every day. artists include: Irish & Celtic Folk Wanderers, Celtic Chants, Ethno Music Project, Dan Gibson and few others
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I've been listening to Mediaeval Baebes a bit lately. Their album 'Huntress' is quite good.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, did I seriously never post in here? Shame on me! I really like the Celtic Woman, though not all of their music. I also like Traditional Celtic music, not any particular artists though. I haven't heard of the Mediaeval Baebes before, Arveleg. Are they anything like the Celtic Woman?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Mediaeval Baebes are similar to Celtic Women, though they may not strictly be only Celtic music. They have been around since the late 90's, and have 9 albums released, with a Christmas album due out now. I never heard of them until a few years ago when I played their version of Scarborough Fayre on youtube. Thought it was the best and went searching for their other stuff.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
From the group pictures of them on their website, I thought they looked kind of Celtic Woman-ish. I'll have to check them out when our internet allows.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
EthelwulfHanrahan
Council Member
Send Message
mareth, if you have itunes i recommend these celtic songs:

New Age, Irish Dream (Celtic Songs), & Moonlight all on album Celtic Chants on itunes if you have itunes, they also most likely might be on youtube
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Celtic Legend - The Boatman
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email