Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: School for the Gifted and Unusual
on: May 27, 2004 07:32
Tamara ran as fast as she could. Soon she was outside the city that was close to where the school was. The school was in Minesota and her family owned an inn in Montana next to the Yellowstone National Park. She ran in her wolf form and when she was about three away from the city she slowed to a stop, howled and waited for a reply. She got one but it was very faint. She knew the other wolves were communicating her message. She was surprised to find three wolfs come into the clearing she was in, one was carring a rabbit in its mouth. She felt gratitude and ate quickly then continued on her run west to Montana. She didn't stop for two days and quickly reached the border between Minesota and Montana. She found a spot to sleep and curled resting and when she awoke she found a wolf there with a deer dragging behind it. It was some one from her pack. She felt her stomach growl and ate the deer insides and all. The other wolf licked her nose and waited for her to raise before he fell in step next to her and continued the journey with her. On the fourth day she reached the inn and howled letting the other werewolves she was there. It was dark out and everyone came running in their wolf forms and all rolled over for her. Her eyes were a cold amber color and she spoke in a cold voice that the others knew was accusing,

What ever problems you have with Chao, who joined our family last summer? You need to resovle them for he's now my equal and I will not tolerate you treating him like he's a low life.
Please forgive us. Isaac told us he--
Isaac is a liar and I cast him out. Why is he still here? Isaac tried to kill me and Chao saved my life. I will not let you hurt Chao. I let him come stay with us because I owe him my life, and yes, I do view him as my mate. You will not talk to Isaac again and if I find out he's still here when I get back from school then I will kill him.
Her eyes swirled a dangerous red color and everyone else shrank back and turned to Isaac who'd just emerged from the woods in his human form. Everyone howled then attacked him. Tamara didn't stay much longer for she had to return to school. She only hoped Chao could forgive her. She went back into the forest and found a dead deer waiting for her. She ate as much as she could and more so that she didn't have to stop until she was inside Minesota. She found a spot and curled up to sleep before continuing on...
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 09:03
Chao walked slowly down the hall to one of his classes. He had decided that if the wolves in the pack didn't like him then it didn't matter. He had dealt with things like this before, it wouldn't be any different. He kept his gaze on the ground and his hands shoved in his pockets as he trudged on. Right now he needed to worry about meeting new people and passing the school year. And that was exactly what he was going to do.

Opening the door to his classroom, Chao stood in the doorway for a moment and let his eyes search the crowd of students. Most stared back to see who had interrupted the lesson. He sighed and trudged to the back of the class and took a seat in a desk. He leaned back and didn't really pay attention as the teacher continued on with the lecture.
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 09:45
Covelle was busy smiling at Athos when suddenly she eyes opened wide with shock.
"Oh my gods! I'm missing classes right now, aren't I?"
Covelle shoved her hands into her pockets and leaned hard against the wall.
"Topalevt.." she cursed in gaelic "...Donatien would kill me if he knew i was skipping on the first day." Covelle grinned at Athos. "How bout you? Are you a vampire child? Or were you bitten, like me?"
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 10:17
Athos smiled. "Born and raised. Oh, and don't worry too much about missing classes. They are dull anyway." He sighed, looking at her. "So, you were bitten. Care to share the story?"
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 06:11
Aura looked up as the guy she had just met in the hallway walked in, and smiled encouragingly. She wasn't sure if he had seen her, but she had made her second effort at this new place to make a friend.

The class was a bore, Theories and Conjectures of the Origins of Supernatural Phenomenons. Like as if she cared why she was the who she was. All she cared about was the fact that she was a Gifted, able to manipulate and be one with Water and Wind, speak with animals, and heal. She did not need to hear some crackpot theory about how she came about. She would have to talk to a councillor about switching out of the class.

Chao didn't seem like he very much interested either, so she decided to send him a message.

Hey, this is Aura. Sorry to barge into your thoughts. A little bored here. You? She thought-messaged him.
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 06:32
Chao almost fell over backwards in his seat when he heard the girl's voice in his head. He searched the room with his eyes. Aura...You wouldn't happen to be the one I met in the hall, are you? And yes, I do agree this is very boring.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 06:26
Aradol had managed to drag himself out of bed. He had gotten ready and went to class. He didn't want to, but he figured he should.
When he had gotten to class he looked around and saw more girls. "Let's see them try to resist me," he said to himself, and he completely forgot his troubles.

---------------------------
By the time Nicoletta had finished her breakfast, there wasn't really any time to talk to the cooks, so she figured she'd do it later. She made her way to class.
She wondered if the boy from last night was in this class.
When she got there, people were choosing seats. She looked around, and sure enough, she found him. There was an empty seat next to him, so she came over and sat down. "Hi," she said. "We met breifly last night. Remember me?"
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 05:49
Tamara had woken and had been running for several hours when the school came into sight. She would wait til it was dark before she rejoined the school....
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 08:51
Covelle gave Athos a mischevious sidelong glance.
"Oh, you know the usual. Teenaged girl, snooping about in places she shouldn't be, learning things she shouldn't know...next thing i know I'm eating rats and sleeping in a coffin. Donatien, my master, you might say, shipped me off here so i could learn a few things about my new ...talents."
Covelle turned her head towards Athos. "What is it like? Having people like you in your family?"

(OOC: i will be gone for two weeks (eurotripwooo!), so feel free to just leave covelle hanging untill i get back (about the 20th or so)
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 10:14
OOC: Have fun!

Athos' smile faded. It wasn't fun being a half breed in his family. All the other kids in his family treated him like he was an outsider. All the adults didn't want anything to do with him. It was just his parents that accepted him. No one else. Except....

Athos grinned again. "Oh, it's not that bad. Things are a bit rougher and more difficult, but nothing you wouldn't be able to handle. You form special bonds with the others. You are able to trust them and hunt with them easily." Athos paused, looking off without a smile. "Yeah..."

The vampire turned away from Covelle. "I think we should get to class now. What about you?"
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 02:20
Covelle nodded to Athos. "Yeah. But I just want to see the look on the teachers face when he sees us walk into class together." Covelle walked alongside Athos down the hall.

(OOC: i relinquish my hold on covelle whilst i am away, feel free to use her if you need to.)
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 03:00
Athos smirked and laughed a little. They walked down the hall together in silence. When they reached the classroom, Athos opened the door for Covelle and let her go in ahead of him. The teacher stopped the lecture and everyone looked at them. He could tell by the looks on all their faces why they thought the two were late. This made his smirk broaden. To keep their suspicion aroused, Athos wrapped his arm around Covelle's lower back and pulled her against him, tightly.
Johnnys_Girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 05:03
((Sorry I haven't posted in a long time!))

Spitfire smiled at Nicoletta. "Yes, I remember you. The fire type. Very nice to see you again." For most of the class, he was either playing with Rat or looking at Nicoletta. When he saw her, he couldn't help but smile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tanala was in no hurry to get to class. When she finally found the classroom, it was already half way over. Everyone looked at her as she walked in, she took a seat next to Aradol, in front of Nicoletta and Spitfire. The teacher continued the lecture.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 07:54
"Well, that's it for today. Your assignment is to read chapters one through five in your textbook, and to write a biography about yourself and how you attained your gifts. Due next Friday." The teacher finished the lecture, and Aura let out a soft sigh. She felt a bit light-headed, but that was to be expected, for she hadn't eaten much last night and she had skipped breakfast. She promised herself she would not do this again, and followed the other students out of the classroom.

She swayed, and bumped into the french guy that she had made quite an aquaintance with.

"Je regrette, Aradol. (I'm sorry, Aradol.)" She smiled, and righted herself.
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 06:05
Chao was one of the last people to leave the classroom. He walked slowly through the hall with his hands shoved in his pockets. He ran his hand through his hair as he turned a corner. It felt greasy, yet tangled. When was the last time I took a shower? he thought, laughing quietly. Chao found his way to his room. He grabbed his shower supplies and a long bathrobe, then proceeded to the showers.
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 12:11
Kyta let out a sigh as she wandered slowly up the steps. She pushed open the huge doors just a bell rang and when students suddenly burst from the door lining the hallways, Kyta assumed she was just in time for class. First though, she planned to find her dorm and possibly a roomate. If she was lucky, she wouldn't have one.
She found the room rather quickly. It was more or less by itself, in a corner and there was only one windo, which made keeping sunlight out a bit easier. She set her stuff down and on her way in the corner of her eyes caught a mirror that hung near the door. Kyta turned her head away, the nonexsistent reflection just one more things reminding her of what she was.
She looked atthe thin slip of crumpled paprer she had stuffed in her pocket and made her way to that specific class. On her way she spotted a familiar vampirish person leavong with, what she guessed, was another vampire. When she had passed him and gotten half way down the hall...the name came back to her...Athos.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 02:32
Aradol smiled at Tanala when she sat next to him. Through most of the class he was mouthing words or blowing kisses to her.
When class ended he said, "I hope to talk to you again zoon," and left. In the hall he bumped into the girl he had met last night who had gotten him out of trouble. He had been giving smiles and looks to a few girls, and was about to give one to Aura but when he saw who it was he stopped, and tried to think of things other than how good he looked. "C'est correct. Comment allez-vous? Remercie encore de ce que vous
avez fait la nuit passée. (That's okay. How are you? Thanks again for what you did last night.)" he said.

--------------------
"Nice to see you again too," replied Nicoletta. "I am glad to have met someone else with, um, abilities like mine."
She began to notice that he was looking at her throughout the lesson, but tried to not to show it. She stared ahead at the teacher, trying to listen to what he said. She didn't want to let her dad down. Everytime she felt his eyes on her, though, she would get a little embarrassed and look down, pretending to be examining a fingernail or something. When class ended she walked out with him. She felt better around someone who knew what it was like to have the powers she possessed, and wanted to talk to him more about it, but she couldn't think of anything to say. "So...your name is Spitfire, right? Cool name. I wish parents would have named me something cool like that. But then again, they didn't know I was a fire-type when I was born..." She then noticed she was rambling. "Sorry," she said and smiled at him.
Johnnys_Girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 05:59
Spitfire raised an eyebrow at Nicoletta. "My parents? My parents didn't name me Spitfire. They died when I was really young. I never knew what they called me...." Spitfire's mind drifted off. He could only remember what his mother had looked like, a lot like him. He suddenly realized he was still talking with Nicoletta. "So, after i found out that I had fire powers, and I didn't have an official name, Spitfire seemed the best thing to name me." He smiled at Nicoletta, "there's my fantasic history. What's yours?"
--------------------------------------------------

Tanala faked a smile at Aradol as he blew another kiss to her. She didn't really want to go to her next class, so she decided to skip it and spent some time in the forest.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 06:30
"I-I am sorry," Nicoletta didn't really know what to say to that.
"My history, hmm..." she said in her strong accent, "Well, when my mom found out I was a fire-type she left my father and took me with her." Her flames began to grow larger than the faint glowing it was giving off from being with Spitfire, but she continued in a calm voice, "But then I ran away and found him and my grandmother and stayed with them. My dad thought I should go to a 'school,' and this one is the best around, so here I am." She shrugged and smiled. The flames had died down. Nicoletta and Spitfire had stopped walking. Nicoletta looked around and there weren't many kids left in the hallway. "I guess we should be getting to class." As she said this she walked over to her next class and waited for Spitfire by the door.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 10:59
"Ce n'est rien. (it's nothing)." Aura spoke, with a smile. "What is your next class?"

Aradol looked down at his schedule. "Physical Fitness- of choice."

Aura consulted her own, and brightened. "It appears that I have the same class next."

"Shall we?" Aradol spoke, offering her his arm in a courtly gesture.

Aura smiled. "D'accord. Allons-y (Ok. Let's go)." This guy was not bad...when he wasn't talking about how great he was. She smiled and hooked her arm through his, and let herself be led outside to the training grounds.

When they got there, the instructor bid the class to sit down, and called their names aloud down the list, asking them what would be their choice of physical activity.

"Auralowis Silvren."

"Yes?"

"What did you choose?"

"Swordsmanship."
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 04:20
Tamara had been sleeping most of the day, when she heard the bell ring for the second class. She changed back into her human form and walked back into the school. She saw Athos and shook her head at his antics but did see Kyta who'd arrived late. She ran after the vampire fairy and when she was close enough she pounced as a wolf and rubbed her head against Kyta's.

Long time no see my friend. Where've you been? She let Kyta sit up and licked her face. Tamara was truely happy to see Kyta, but her heart told her to go find Chao and try to sort this all out. She changed back and helped her friend up smirking,

"Don't tell me you've forgotten me already???"
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 05:55
Chao didn't care that he was missing class. He just wished that the water spouting out from the shower head was louder so he didn't have to hear those annoying bells. It just reminded people of what thoughtless drones they were, going through the same schedule everyday. He poured some conditioner into his hands and ran it through his hair. Most of the stuff the teachers taught them was useless information, anyway. Like they would need to know the history of what they were. As if. Who cared? They were different, that was all that mattered. Chao looked up into the water coming down on his face and closed his eyes.
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 05:56
OOC: Oops. Double post.

[Edited on 8/6/2004 by LadyoftheMark]
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 08:00
Kyta stood up with Tamera's helped and laughed softly. With a smile and nodded.
"Oh don't worry. I remember you. It's so good to see you. I've been busy and needed some time to myself, but I'm glad to be back. I see Athos is around and being himself..." She stopped before she said anything she might regret and then continued. "I'm willing to bet that Chao is around somewhere, no?" She saw a flicker of a change in emotion as she mentioned Chao. "Is there something wrong?" She asked quietly. Tamera seemd to shift back and forth silently about saying something, so Kyta decided to give her a few mintutes. "Look i'll be right back, I have to say hi to someone."
Kyta walk over slowly towards Athos. She was never good with people for the first time so she flashed what she could make of a smile at the girl her was with before she cuaght Athos eye. Running a hand through her black hair, the red streaks shimmering in the scattered light, she spoke up. "Well well well...look who it is." This time her smile was more genuine, but very mischevious. "I see you're already getting yourself into trouble...or it's possible I could be wrong and this one will do you some good." She laughed softly and she turned and walked slowly back over to Tamera.

[Edited on 8/6/2004 by Tanyela*Greenleaf]
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 08:53
Tamara's face fell and said,

"Of course Chao's here. You remember how Chao came to live with me after last school year? Well it turns out my brother was spreading lies that Chao had attacked him when they all came to kill me. So I ran home and found this out. Everyone else likes him and finds him relieving from the constant squabbles that continued to happen. I just can't seem to tell him when I know I've hurt his feelings. I know Athos would only screw things up but I can't seem to get the courage to tell him." The bell rang signalling the start of class,

"Want to go get something to eat? We might as well seeing as how we both have skipped alot last year. Besides I need to fill up on rabbits. Deer tastes good but its too stringy. Coming?" She looked at her good friend and knew they both were settleing into the patterns of last year were'd they'd skipped almost everyday and never went to the dorms unless there was real reason too....
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 12:01
Athos grinned at Kyta. "That's almost funny," he called after her. "I'll find you two ladies later. You can count on that." He winked at them then continued down the hall with Covelle.

~~~

Chao placed his hands on the wall and leaned on them, letting the hot water run down his back and wash away all the conditioner. He sighed happily. If only he could stay in this shower forever. It was warm and relaxing. Instead he turned off the shower and grabbed his towel. He dabbed himself then put on the long bathrobe. Most students had already gone to their next class, but there were some stragglers. Chao waited for them to leave the hall before he walked back toward his room.
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 02:54
Kyta laughed loud enough for Athos to hear and called back "No...it was funny." Then she quickly caught up with Tamera and fell in step with her. "Mmmm.starving and looking forward to falling into our old habit of cutting class. So, where is Chao anyway? I wanna say hi been a whole summer, and maybe I could help you say something...you know being there for moral support." She chuckled under her breath at that. "Well maybe it being me....immoral support." They continued walking for a bit in companionanble silence. While she was talking, Kyta rememebered something she had wanted to say to Athos.
You'll only find me if I want to be found... She said in his head, her tone implied a challenge but it was all she said, and left the rest to him. Thats when they reached the forrest and Kyta could already sense the food scampering about.
Johnnys_Girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 05:05
"Why are you sorry? There's no need to be," said Spitfire, "Interesting history. You're from Italy aren't you?" He followed her into their next class.

Tanala had caught a rabbit and sucked it dry. She then layed down against a tree and closed her eyes.
She jumped when she heard voices. Tanala knelt by the tree, her hand on her sword hilt. She looked to see Tamara and someone else headed toward her.
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 06:11
Tamara chuckled at Kyta's humor.

"Your right it would immortal support." She caught a glimpse of what Kyta said to Athos and shook her head,

"Well the classes are as boring as watching wall paper dry. You do realize Athos's just waiting til we both are here before he comes after us agian. To tell the truth I have no idea where Chao is. I couldn't pick up his scent or him mind. That's very wierd for him to do that. Come on I'm famished, the school's idea of food is disgusting. I want some raw rabbit liver. Mmmmmmmmm." Their conversation had taken them out of the front doors and onto the lawn which was very small since the forest loamed ahead. Tamara changed quickly and ran circles around Kyta.

Come let's get some lunch. She saw the vampire fairy take off into the air and chased after her, pushing her delima with Chao to the back of her mind and just enjoyed the feeling of running with a friend of hers...
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 11:45
Kyta spread her wings and lifted herself a good deal into the air before diving at the forrest and racing through the trees. She knew what she was after, but she loved flying, the rush of the wind, the danger dancing before her as she did a summerault over one branch and had to do a shrp pull straight up to avoid another. Kyta swooped low just above Tamera and started paying attention to the little animals nearby that might be her next meal.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 07:38
Aradol hadn't thought of what activity to choose. He figured he would choose swordsmanship. It seemed cool, and Aura was doing it.
"Aradol Tredeux."
"Yez."
"What do you choose?"
"I choose swordzmanship," he said.
Aradol was conducted to a paricular part of the grounds, where Aura was and some other students who had chosen swordsmanship. There was another instructer there, and he walked over to each student, and looked them over. He talked to a few students. When the instructor came up to Aradol, who was last, he looked him over, and then asked, a little too louldly for Aradol's taste, "You're a werewolf?"
Aradol was a little embarassed, but he tried to brush it off. "Yez, yez I am, why?" he answered smoothly.
"Just needed to know what type of sword to use," the instructor sounded a little annoyed.
Aradol was confused at this.
The instuctor went over to two boxes and opened one them. He pulled out swords and handed them to everyone. He said in a loud voice, "We are going to be working with steel blades. I prefer silver, but taking into account the students," he looked at Aradol when he said this, "we will be working with steel." Aradol was still confused, and a little angry now. The instructer gave him a look when he handed him his sword.

---
Nicoletta blushed. She was proud of her heritage. "Yes, yes I am." They took seats near the back. There were very few students in the classroom. Nicoletta looked at her scedual to remind her what class it was. Fire-Breeds was all it said. She looked up at the board, which stated what they were going to study. Nicoletta read a few of the points out loud, "'History of Fire-Breeds. What your fire means. Controling your fire'...My grandmother was right...." she added to herself. She looked at Spitfire, and then around the room. "I guess there are more fire-types around." The teacher shot a jet of light at the front desk, luckily no one was sitting there, and the small class fell silent.
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 10:01
Tamara jumped around and ran through the forest stirring the animals out of their hiding spots. She chased rabbits back to the clearing and caught two for herself for she was famished after not eatting the day before. Once she caught two rabbits she walked back toward where Kyta was and laid down to start eatting and downed both in two gulps and felt her stomach growl again and just simply cleaned her lips and paws...
LadyoftheMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 05:38
Chao changed into a black long sleeved shirt and pants. He stood in front of the window in his room and looked out into the forest, sighing deeply.
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 11:42
Aura walked over to Aradol. She whispered, " Well, I prefer carbon-steel over soft silver any day." She earned a smile from Aradol, and smiled back.

The teacher instructed them all to each find a partner, and she paired up with Aradol, since he was the only one in the entire class she knew. Then the teacher demonstrated some basic parries and thrusts, all of which she had learned a long time ago.

"Now practice these moves with your partner until you could do them in your sleep." The teacher finished, and Aura turned to Aradol.

[Edited on 15/6/2004 by ithillinde]
Tanyela*Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 09:38
Kyat swooped down out of the air and caught a rabbit in her arms then folded her wings as she was a few inches from the ground and rolled into a bush. She closed her eyes and bit into it. She was starving seeing as in her own personal, tranquillity time she had taken off she ate very little. In a few moment Tamera wandered over and was eating too. Kyta sghed softly, she rememberd the long school days in which it would be her, Tamera, Chao, and even Athos. She had missed them, and the time they had spent. But already her first day back and she could tell things would be different this year.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email