Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
Post RE: Eomer??
on: March 05, 2004 12:06
You know, I never really understood role playing or that kind of things before... But then I visited the Purple Duck Pub (in the Realm of Nienna) and I was introduced to Éomer (thank you Atalante ). And fell in love There I can do what ever I want with him, all day long... :drool: :drool: And funny how real it feels when you write it down. And now, everytime I see him on the film... I just :love: (I hadn't realize before that he is so hot!)

Awwwwww ... Ainariel The Nienna Realm match-making service always tries its hardest
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 05:42
eomer... eomer... eomer... :love::love::drool::love::love:!

odd thing is... my family has this really strong trait of faces and eyes shaped like he has... i swear, i have several uncles that look like him! it's scary! at the family reunion, i kept seeing eomers and eowyns and theodreds and theodens... really really creepy to be surrounded by multiples of lotr characters...
personally, i look something like a female mix of eomer and aragorn, but that's getting off-topic!

I see the reason for the fuss over leggy and aragorn and frodo, and their actors, and become a hopeless fangirl when watching movies made with orli, viggo and older lij, not "flipper" and stuff... but eomer floats my boats pretty well!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 11:38
And I'm kind of glad that Figwit isn't there because I figure it might make a huge fight over him (as there is now over Théoden )

lol!! I'll just do my drooling and daydreaming in private then
CeruleanMosaic
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 05:37
I agree with Gothic Angel...Karl is wonderful :love: I watched the extra footage on the TTT disk and was blown away by him! Dark hair suits him much better, plus his voice and accent were amazing! He was saying something about the books but I wasn't paying that much attention :blush:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 05:56
long blonde or short dark... not long dark... I have no idea why, but i think this is the way(s) he looks best... *grin*

*reminder to self*: I really need to watch the extras dvd, on both... haven't actually seen either... if it has karl, all the more reason!
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 07:23
<----My absolute favorite as well. As Karl or Eomer...I love them both...:love:

Come chat with my EomerBot....he is pretty smart and learning more all the time. He's quite stubborn and tends to gossip so if you ask him to tell you some "gossip" there is no telling what he will say...

http://pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=86aaa36f4e34bf58
RivendellMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 10:28
Drools for Eomer. Each time I see the LOTR movies He just gets sexier and sexier.
Anfauglir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 03:59
How is it possible that this thread escaped my line of vision???? Oh well...well let's see...Eomer, eh? Now that is one fine looking human. How is it possible for his eyes to suck me into them like they do? I would like to quote a line from the wonderful song called "do you realize" by the Flaming Lips for out dear Karl... "Do you realize that you have the most beautiful face?" :love: the rest of the song is rather depressing, but that line seemed fitting in this situation Well I've added my two cents worth (does anyone actaully know what that saying means???) so I'm off to the Karl gallery...*skips away humming the tune to "Do You Realize"*
kazbels
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 05:05
Ah, Éomer! :heart: To steal a quote from Shania Twain, "You're a fine piece of real estate, and I'm gonna get me some land."
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 06:09
And as long as we're quoting, I'll go full length...
"What a dream I had, pressed in organdy, clothed in cremelin of smoky burgundy, softer than the rain. I wandered empty streets down past shop displays, I heard cathedral bells dripping down alley ways, as I walked on. And when you ran to me, your cheeks flushed with the night, we walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight. I held your hand. And when I woke, and felt you warm and near, I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears. Oh I love you, Oh, I love you...!"
<< and this is what happens when I get especially romantic and daydream about Eomer>> :heart::heart::heart::heart::love::heart::heart::heart::heart:
freelance_beatnik
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 03:03
I was always a fan of the book Eomer (that was long before I saw the movies). I also loved the movie Eomer because it's Karl Urban. I've been a Karl Urban forever, but that's what you get when you watch too many Xena & Hercules episodes...same thing with Craig Parker and Marton Csokas. I was sitting in the theater and suddenly I'd realize where I'd seen these guys before. My brain would just explode in the middle of the movie. It was awesome.
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 07:10
We've only got 4 days left for the release of ROTK...looking forward to more of Eomer....:love:

I updated my Karl/Eomer member website if you care to go look...be sure to sign my guestbook before you leave...

http://www.councilofelrond.com/members/LadyCeleborn/
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 10:08
LadyCeleborn: It's great website you've got, though that ÉomerBot almost drove me crazy..:cry:

Hm, I have to say that Éomer is really hot in RotK. Just look at the pic in my sic. It's wonderful!
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 04:24
ooh glad to see people recognising Karl as another among the many 'nice to look at' cast members

First time i saw FOTR, i was like 'hello!", didn't really pay that much attention to Eomer when i read the books, proof of good acting, or something

I think some of you ladies need to calm down a bit, you sound unhealthy! lol

Favourite Eomer bit, when he appears on the hill to the east outside helms deep, and he gives out a battle cry...ooooh
Foggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 04:53
Mmmmm Karl Mmmmmm

Always good
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 10:25
First time i saw FOTR, i was like 'hello!", didn't really pay that much attention to Eomer when i read the books, proof of good acting, or something

Ummm... he wasn't in FotR. unless I somehow missed that Rohirrim scene... lol. No, he showed up in TTT.

And you guys, the stomping around wet on the battlefield scene, do you mean in TTEE? Where they found Theodred? or where?
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 08:43
mmmm..Eomer, what a hunk. Gotta love Karl Urban. He's so HOT as Eomer. I tell you Rohan breeds good lookin men. Eomer, Theoden ETC ETC. I have a charcter in the Haunted PP pub that just married him :drool: (Eomer that is)
Anfauglir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 09:42
I tried to stay away from this thread, but alas, my atempts were in vain.
Are there any Eomer posters? I was looking, but couldn't find any. Maybe I'm just a loser and didn't see them, but if he really doesn't have any I think I will be sad :cry:

Rohan breeds good lookin men.

So true....:love:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 10:09
i think there are some eomer posters... at least i really hope so! cuz that would be sad if not....

Our collective strain of thought in TTT rohan scenes:
OOOohhh... pretty horsies. ooooohhh... eomer... eomer.. Oh. Evil theoden. Yucky Grima. oooh, handsome eomer...

At least me. especially the TTTEE "Massacre at Isen" scene...
Anfauglir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 11:08
OOOohhh... pretty horsies. ooooohhh... eomer... eomer.. Oh. Evil theoden. Yucky Grima. oooh, handsome eomer...

Absolutley.....for me the "handsome Eomer" part came up quite a bit

*fangirl squeal* Happy Birthday Karl! I was tempted to bring cake to school to comemorate this day, but I forgot Ah well...

:love:

I saw a Chronicles of Riddick poster... I guess that will have to suffice until I can get an Eomer one...
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 08:06
i think there are some eomer posters... at least i really hope so! cuz that would be sad if not....

LOL Eomer is thte man, and Theoden. princess is a Eomer and Theoden fangirl, and proud of it. :love:
FerithNarmolanya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 09:10
Completely true! the men of LOTR are mostly the hotties in the films. Eomer
is intense and Karl was perfect for the role.

Cheers!

~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 09:39
Oy, I haven't come into the casting forum in the longest time... I was like: "Must... get... pent-up... fangirly-ness... out... now...!"

So;

I wuuubbles Karl/Eomer!! :love: :drool: :love: :drool: :love:

There. I feel better now.
Figwit
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:38
Oh well, felt like drooling And since you can't drool in the gallery, and there's no point drooling all over yourself, I thought: let's point my dear co-Éomer-droolers to the ROTK EE Gallery where a new Éomer pic can be found!

Come, off you go, but keep it clean
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:51
at the Dimholt? is it just me, or does he look amazingly Captain-Jack-Sparrow-ish there? Just, you know, the jaw, the eyes, the beard... well, sorta beard.
Figwit
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:57
Oh, yes, he does a bit, now that you say it. It's probably the eerie blue moonlight thing though.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 12:59
isn't that odd... how certain lightings bring out facial characteristics you'd never have noticed otherwise? but then, I do see resemblances no one else does. like... umm... oh never mind. can't remember his name. Looked like Elijah as an elf though.
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 12:27
wow! I reeeeaaallly like that pic :drool:

Don't see the resemblence with Johnny Depp though, don't mention secret window, i had a nightmare after seeing that! God Johnny is good! Anyway back to Eomer...

ooh I'm all excited more Eomer in ROTC, *squirms about in seat* really looking foreward to seeing more of his character, loving the tough manliness. :love:

LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 11:36
What I'm hoping is that someone...anyone...say's "King Eomer" in the EE...just once...:love: And we get more screen time with him. That's not asking too much...at least I don't think so...
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 09:28
This poor thread almost got lost in the shuffle...:cry:

The EE is out in about 48 days. More Eomer! More Eomer!...
Aldariel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 02:01
Am I the only one who has done this:

In Minas Tirith in ROTK after the Battle of Pelennor Fields there is that scene where Eomer, Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf, and Gimli are in the throne room discussing their next move.

Eomer and Legolas are standing next to each other and there is a shot with just the two of them on screen. I want to know if anyone has paused the movie right there and just stared at the screen? I have! I even zoom in as close as I can with both of them still in the frame. It is great. :drool: Legolas and Eomer(I prefer Eomer, but Legolas is also hot) just standing there for us females (and I suppose a certain mnumder of males ) to just drool over!!!:evil:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love Eomer! I actually prefer the Men as to the Elves(though the Elves are still really cute!) because they are more rugged and strong and wel, manly.(Am I right or am I right? :naughty: ) I love Boromir the most, but Eomer is right up there, especially since my beloved Boromir has gone, gone away!:cry: So yeah now I console myself with with Eomer! :love: (and Aragorn and Faramir... ) :love:

At this site (Karl Urban Eomer) there are a couple of really nice/SEXY pics in the gallaries.
http://utopian-dream.moonfruit.com/

[Edited on 30/10/2004 by Aldariel22]
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 06:11
Oh my... The EE has been out for weeks and no comments about Éomer

So much great new scenes with Éomer on them :love: :love: :love: Éomer in the drinking contest scene, Éomer in the Dunharrow, Éomer there, Éomer here... :drool:

Too bad he really doesn't smile properly once in the movie but maybe it would just ruin his reputation as a warrior He's still lovely :love:
_Silafireb_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 01:00
I LOVE Karl!!!:love: :love: :love: :love: :drool: :drool: :drool: :blush: He looks really good in The Borne Surpremacy.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 04:34
I absolutely ADORE Karl.....he is SO cute!! Have any of you seen him as Cupid?? What a doll...and NO SHIRT!! I will have to get the bourne supremecy, and ghost ship.... I have the chronicle of riddick, which is SO awesome!!
pant, pant, pant............. :drool: :drool:
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 05:40
A reminder that this is the Eomer thread, the Karl Urban thread can be found here.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email