Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eomer??
on: February 25, 2007 09:08
I love Eomer, in the books and in the movie. I think he is an awesome character. And the fact that he works with horses makes him all the better, since I am a major horse freak too.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eomer??
on: March 14, 2008 05:14
He's scary looking!!!!!!!! But he's hot! Not in that picture though. Clear that up!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Karl Urban nailed the Eomer character look and feel in his acting. Too bad the screenplay for the character fell short. Still, one of the better actor character portrayal.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
A mere eight years, eight months and fifteen days later ...

To my feeling, Sir Ian McKellen was the only one to nail his character 100%, with Sir Christopher Lee a close second. John Rhys Davies for his external appearance was a bullseye too (much more so than the Hobbit Dwarves), but PJ's mishandling of his character (too much comic relief) put me off. And then Karl Urban as Éomer, Sean Bean as Boromir, and Bernard Hill as Théoden are fine, though a shot more Tolkienian "Northernness" à la Beowulf would have done each of them good.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email