Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Shire~Maiden
Council Member
Send Message
Post Nicknames
on: May 05, 2004 04:42
Anybody have any funny nicknames?I have two:Eowyn,cuz I'm just like her,and my new one:Frodo,cuz I'm always wearing my One Ring on a chain and I can't stop fingering it.The funny thing is,they are both my fave characters!!

So,any nicknames?
ladyeowen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Nicknames
on: May 05, 2004 05:43
my friends have a new name for me everyday so im not sure but ya i guess i have nick names just not sure what they are...except my family calls me names from when i was younger and siblings couldnt say my name right.
snoopy_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 12:23
Let me think. I have been called a hobbit in general because of my hair. And my parents keep calling me Frodo because of the hair and my little one ring (in which I too finger.)
Dúvenêlien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 03:08
Different friends have different names for me, but mostly I'm Ez, Rineee or Ezra. My friend Abi calls me Precious. I think she thinks she's Gollum.
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 01:53
My various nicknames are Cups, Dinse, McDinse, Arco, Elf-boy, Scotty, Mateo, Weasel, and Snide among the people I know.
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 02:53
the walking calculator, turtle, some lotr ones, but I can't think of them now
lindele
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 02:55
Umm...I have a ton (so many I can't remember them all), but here's the most prominent one (besides my real name, of course). Please don't laugh; my friends call me Cow. Not to tease me or anything (then again...), just in fun. It was really weird. We went up to camp last year and my friend just started calling me the Cow. It stuck .

Oh, one of my friends calls me Margarita (my middle name is Margarete). Kind of funny actually. Shes also the one who has this 13 line nickname for me (seriously, I counted), but I won't take up any more space and post it here.

I'll post when I remember some of my others.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 02:14
I could go on for years... SAM, Purplefluffychainsaw, or Purple, or Fluffy, Prongs, El hobbity one, Blonde... Oh that's it! I've lost a few! **Nances for a while** Oh, Apart from Elanor Gilmor a-n-d... Feamorer. Some times. Hmm... I think that's it. And... four out of... 9 are LotR! I'm sure I used to have more. Ah well.
Most people call me SAM, Elanor (As that *is* my name) or Prongs. :evil:
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 10:55
I have loads too, but my most common one is Womble. I've had that nickname for so long I've forgotten why people call me it!
Feanorblingblingissues
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 01:20
Moe is my nickname. Thank God hardly anyone uses it.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 02:11
Ave, Abe, Abraham--
Glori, Glorfindel, Elf-girl--
Geesi, Rosie, umm... that's it.
I've organized it by origin... first Ave, that became Abe, that became Abraham...
RaeLyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2004 07:07
I've had a slew of horrible nicknames all my life, some of them were well-deserved. Since I was the youngest person in my high school and the two colleges I've gotten degrees from, many people thought I was an easy target. "Shiva", "Little Man Tate", "Half Pint", and "Hey, You!" are among my least favorite. "Goldie", "P.C.", and "Bird Dog" were okay though. "Goldie" comes from "The Sound of Music" line--'Re (or "ray"), a drop of golden sun' *my name's Rae*; "P.C.", I hate to admit, means "Peaches and Cream"; and "Bird Dog" grew out of my long struggle to learn how to surf. But when
"Fellowship" 1st hit the theaters I was dubbed "Vanya Cale", which morphed into "Calvanya"...I am not comfortable enough with it to use it as my screen name, however. Bit more work on the self-esteem, first, eh?
~aear_fëa~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 11:30
my friends call me Fala and Miley. Fala because it part of my elven name. Miley is too long a story...
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 08:09
my best friend calls me her little angel ^_^
I'm also known as Lin, Peanut (my name is Linda and Pinda is the Dutch word for Peanut, they call me Pinda too), Seiseno and lots of other names I can't think of right now.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 07:37
I have two nicknames: Vonnie, which is short for Yvonne. And if I'm having a bad day and I'm in one of those angsty moods, my friends call me Frodo. Hey, I don't mind :love:
she_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2004 05:38
In gradeschool I had two names: Caffiene because I was always so hyper and "The Human Trash Can" because at lunch I was the fastest eater. We used to have contests like that. And my parents have called me Kacky since I can remember. Yeah, and then Kacky Wacky because I'm kinda crazy at times! hee hee!
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 03:11
*does double take* Wait, didn't I just see this thread in the "facts about us" forum? *goes to check* Yes! I did! I'm too young to go crazy!

Pst. There is a thread named exactly this in the "Facts about us" forum.
Deladrieng
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 06:49
hmm... *thinks for a moment* ah ha! these are just a few that my loving friends and family have given me.... my dad and my lotr crazy friend call me Frodo from time to time which is perfectly fine with me my uncle calls me Nutcase because my name is Casey and a nutcase is one way to describe me at times (especially when someone says something about Frodo/Elijah good or bad. prepare yourself if its bad) umm... Dela which is short for Deladrieng. thats all the thinking my brain can take for one nite. ill post if i remember more!

~Dela
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 07:27
OOOH! I got a new nickname!! I went to work yesterday, and I was really hyper, and talking sorta fast, and generally buzzing (y'know what I mean) and my aunt started calling me Sunshine. That's a nice name! I like it... Hi, I'm Sunshine!
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 01:25
Oh, dear. I have countless nick-names. Among the stragest are Crusty, Estle, and Fuzzy.

Now, before anyone gets any ideas, I am in no way crusty or fuzzy. Crusty is just a dumb play on my real name: Christy. It started when I was in the 2nd grade when my baby-sitter and I were watching The Little Mermaid and she was comparing me to Sebastian. She called him a crustation and the idea to call me Crusty suddenly occured to her, and she found it quite amusing. So she decided to call me Crusty. Heck, I even got "Crust Crustopherson" from time to time. It was just her that called me that until about the 4th grade when I was telling that story to a couple of my friends. They thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever heard in their lives. And so they started calling me Crusty, and sometimes Crust-Head. And from then on it just spread and spread and spread. And to this day, most everyone at school, dance, and church all know me as Crusty. It's insane how that happened. I think that name will follow me for the rest of my life. Talk about tough luck, eh? LoL

Fuzzy was just something that evolved from Crusty last semester in Drama. But, really, only a couple people who were in that class with me still call me that.

Estle really doesn't have much of a story behind it. In French class, we all had to pick fake French names from this list to go by in that class. I chose Estelle (and yes, it was because of Aragorn AKA Estel, LoL. But, shhh... no one really knows that ). One day, my friend Ray (or Bruno, in French class) just kind of switched the syllable emphasis in my name and it came out "Estle". From then on, even into French 2 (where I had people in my class that I didn't even know when the name "Estle" was invented), everyone I ever had French with, and even a couple others, called me Estle. Regardless of whether we're in French class or not. It's kind of catchy, really. I rather like it, LoL.

I also get "Chris" a lot, but that's only an abreviation for Christy.

I swear, I hardly ever get called my real name. Too bad.
Shadowfax42
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 07:03
My friends call me Rings becouse I'm a HUGE Lord of the Rings Fan lol.
Anorwen_Niphredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 06:32
My sister used to call me 'Sasa' when she was little I've always found that kinda amusing...
sarumans_wolf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 11:52
My main nickname is Ally, wich is short for my name, Allyson. My other nickname is Gollum because I can do a very realistic impression of him. I am also quite commonly called HEY YOU!.
TopazDragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 02:51
I am also quite commonly called HEY YOU!.

Yeap, that it....

peace Image
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2004 07:30
Over the years I've had lots of nicknames, nearly all of them very short lived, usually only for a few months or, at most, a year or two.

I have a family nickname given to me when I was young. My mom or dad still call me by that name on occasion. My older brother does, too. Like a lot of people's nicknames, it is a derivation of my first name which I had difficulty pronouncing when I was young. (The common nickname "Bubba" is an example of such a name. It's a derivation of "brother".)

I recall shopping for shoes with my mother when I was in my early teens. I was a short distance away when she called to me by my nickname. I got the strangest look from the salesman!

(No, I'm not going to say what it is. It's nothing bad, it's pretty cute actually, but it's a private name my family has for me.)

[Edited on 5/30/2004 by Old_Tom_Bombadil]
Aragorn32007
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 09:50
gollum-boy is my nickname from a friend who also likes lotr. i got it because i can perfectly do a excellent voice of gollum.
Hawklan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 11:38
My nickname since the year dot has been Paza, my nickname at work since people found out about my LotR obsession is sadly Bilbo Crossdresser - Its meant in jest, well I hope so..
crystaltear
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 06:30
NICKNAMES!!! These are always fun. My friends have come up with too many for me too remember, so we have part of it that we do remember... here it goes, Prince Charles William Franciscavich the fourth of croatia, aka charlie-pan, the fairy, tree-killing, deranged, ice cream man.

The Charles William Franciscavich part is my official name like thing, and i don't understand where any of it comes from except the tree-killing part (which i do not do, it was an accident), and the ice cream man, which came from the fact that i work at Ben & Jerry's.

I also have the nickname charbies, almomst forgot that one, it was given to me by a really good friend of mine.

Yup that's it. =)

[Edited on 27/6/2004 by crystaltear]
Shire~Maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 06:50
Gah. New one. Laci Peterson or Laci Peterson's child. We have the same last name and the same hair and smile. It's creepy.

(Laci Peterson is a pregnant woman who was murdered in California.)
DinenGlamor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 09:34
I have had quite a few, but they never stick for more than a few days.

Da Fuzz - a reference to the way my hair frizzes up if you so muhc as touch it

Welshy - a reference to my name, Megan, sounding like a welsh housewife's

Smegma - A hilarious play on my name. Look it up if you don't know what it means. Ew.

...are the ones which feature most.

Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 09:41
I have one nickname that is in use and by only one person, and that is Legolas Lover. I don't think that needs an explanation. I'll be walking down the halls at school and I'll hear this little voice in my ear saying, "Legolas Lover!" She never calls me by my real name anymore, lol.

Another I used to have that no one calls me by anymore is Skittlebutt because I sat on a red skittle on a bus. Yeah, my friends can be kind of crazy.
DinenGlamor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 09:46
I got a new one today! Apparently Megan is a tricky word so one of my friends, in a fit of exhaustion, called me Batman by mistake...
mistyforestelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 03:28
Nicknames... well, I have a bunch. My classmates call me either Li or Liz or Lizzie (my name is Leizl). They also call me Zel cause they think Leizl is pronounced "li ZEL" not "LI zl". It's irritating cause my name , as you probably know, is supposed to be spelled Liesl after the eldest daughters in The Sound of Music but my parents kind of changed it, so people think it's pronounced "LAY zl".
Anyway... my best friend calls me the Murderer because in the Philippines, not many people can speak English in a "slang" way like I do, and when we have to speak in English in class she says, "Oh, Leizl will murder you with her English." Some other nicknames are Cyber Vampire cause I'm good at computers, and Hotaru, which is Japanese for firefly. (My best friend calls me that. I call her Cho, which is Japanese for butterfly.)
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 11:34
Elizabeth is my real name... my mom wanted to call me "Beth" when I was born and my dad wanted to call me "Elizabeth" and let me pick my nickname. When I was born my mom started calling me "Beth" anyway and my dad had to go along with it so I wouldn't get confused.
Also called:
Eth
Ethbay
Bethie-wethie (They thought it was cute.)
Bethie
Betsy
Liz
Libby (only another girl named Elizabeth, usually Liz, is allowed to call me that because if anyone else did no one would know who Party C was talking about.)
Heir of Fingolfin and Queen of the Shire (picked that one)
Allison Paca
Al Paca (I love alpaca fiber... :love: )
Allie Paca
Pac
Muffin Girl (In camp last year I was second-in-command of a muffin cult. Imagine a third of the camp jumping up and down on a little dock singing about a muffin named Phil. It was amazing. The muffin label stuck.)
"The girl over there..."
"The one carrying Lord of the Rings around..."
*can't think of any more*
Katya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 06:59
Katya is my actual name, it's a pet form of the Russian name Ekaterina. But my Mum didn't want her daughter to be called Ekaterina so I was named a nickname, lol.
I get called Kat, Katy, and sometimes one of my friend's calls me Ya, which confuses me. Because it looks like she's just agreeing, she says ya instead of yes, so I never know if she's agreeing with something I've said or saying my name!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email